Your favourite GW 1 Music?

Arden.7480

> @"Randulf.7614" said:

> Prob the best environment one was this. GW1 capturd the mood of each area so much better than GW2 does and this evokes the memories of exploring the isolated Shiverpeaks so well. It's the one piece I enjoy most hearing again when it repeats in GW2 (most recently in Thunderhead)

>

>

> @"Randulf.7614" said:

> Prob the best environment one was this. GW1 capturd the mood of each area so much better than GW2 does and this evokes the memories of exploring the isolated Shiverpeaks so well. It's the one piece I enjoy most hearing again when it repeats in GW2 (most recently in Thunderhead)

>

>

I have posted that It was a Shame we lost Soule, and saying the music captured the mood better in GW is bang on the money. I still get that sense of foreboding entering into the Kurzick lands in factions for instance.

I do like some of music in GW2 don't get me wrong, but from an atmospheric point of view Soule's music is just a shade above. (in my opinion)

> @"Dami.5046" said:

> > @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > Prob the best environment one was this. GW1 capturd the mood of each area so much better than GW2 does and this evokes the memories of exploring the isolated Shiverpeaks so well. It's the one piece I enjoy most hearing again when it repeats in GW2 (most recently in Thunderhead)

> >

> >

>

> > @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > Prob the best environment one was this. GW1 capturd the mood of each area so much better than GW2 does and this evokes the memories of exploring the isolated Shiverpeaks so well. It's the one piece I enjoy most hearing again when it repeats in GW2 (most recently in Thunderhead)

> >

> >

>

> I have posted that It was a Shame we lost Soule, and saying the music captured the mood better in GW is bang on the money. I still get that sense of foreboding entering into the Kurzick lands in factions for instance.

> I do like some of music in GW2 don't get me wrong, but from an atmospheric point of view Soule's music is just a shade above. (in my opinion)

I think Soule's stuff worked excellently for GW1 and remains one of the most exceptional OST's of its generation. I don't think it has always worked as well for GW2 because the tone of the game world is very different. GW1 Tyria felt an isolated, often unexplored fantasy land compared to modern day Tyria. I find the newer music which has evolved from S1/S2 onwards has really suited the game a lot better.

Overall I think we've been lucky to have two successive games where the score at least has been superb

Not sure I can pick a favourite, but I have a real fondness for Coastline for some reason.

> @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > @"Dami.5046" said:

> > > @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > > Prob the best environment one was this. GW1 capturd the mood of each area so much better than GW2 does and this evokes the memories of exploring the isolated Shiverpeaks so well. It's the one piece I enjoy most hearing again when it repeats in GW2 (most recently in Thunderhead)

> > >

> > >

> >

> > > @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > > Prob the best environment one was this. GW1 capturd the mood of each area so much better than GW2 does and this evokes the memories of exploring the isolated Shiverpeaks so well. It's the one piece I enjoy most hearing again when it repeats in GW2 (most recently in Thunderhead)

> > >

> > >

> >

> > I have posted that It was a Shame we lost Soule, and saying the music captured the mood better in GW is bang on the money. I still get that sense of foreboding entering into the Kurzick lands in factions for instance.

> > I do like some of music in GW2 don't get me wrong, but from an atmospheric point of view Soule's music is just a shade above. (in my opinion)

>

> I think Soule's stuff worked excellently for GW1 and remains one of the most exceptional OST's of its generation. I don't think it has always worked as well for GW2 because the tone of the game world is very different. GW1 Tyria felt an isolated, often unexplored fantasy land compared to modern day Tyria. I find the newer music which has evolved from S1/S2 onwards has really suited the game a lot better.

>

> Overall I think we've been lucky to have two successive games where the score at least has been superb

I've never been sure whether the change in tone of the game world was deliberate, or whether it's a result of the game mechanics/design. Both renown hearts and dynamic events require that there are lots of friendly NPCs everywhere, which makes the world way more populated - plus those NPCs typically have voice acted dialogue, which they wouldn't have had in GW1. Also, the open world means that there are far more other players around as well. The result is that nowhere ever feels isolated, so I'm not sure it would be possible to recreate the atmosphere of GW1 in GW2.

> @"Randulf.7614" said:

>

>

This is 1 of the best OST in GW1 i remember listening to it while exploring the Shiverpeak Mountains in GW1 while it was snowing outside, even now it still bring back them memories.

Lion's Arch Theme

Anything and everything from Factions (I actually play it in my car sometimes)

The loading screen music for Eye of the North is painfully nostalgic.

I disagree with the idea that Soule's music doesn't fit GW2. I think it works beautifully, although it is a different animal. It's too bad we won't hear any new tracks for GW2 from him. But the original soundtrack holds up regardless in-game.

Off-topic: THANK YOU TO THE DEVS FOR UPGRADING THE BANK SLOTS IN GUILD WARS 1!! I thought I was hallucinating when I saw the extra bank space. After all these years, I honestly thought you left that game for dead. I will be happy to purchase more bank space for my characters, I have so much stuff that their bag space is crowded. Now I can store all my miniatures! Thank you, thank you thank you!!!

Iron Footfalls is my most epic battle music

Other songs carry so much emotion and nostalgia because they were tied to specific maps, hearing them makes me dream of all the things I did there.

That is one of my dislikes with the music in GW2, every vanilla map can play any song, although with the new LW episodes they seem to go back to that IMO superior concept.

Music overall is epic though!!!