Why is the revenant so pathetic?

DomHemingway.8436

I bought this game after seeing such a class as revenant. And I understand that I was deceived.

Let's try to simulate the situation with the legends.

Dwarf stance (minus) - 0 boon for myself and 0 boon for the allies. (plus + Inspiring reinforcement this skill is trash. Water version of this skill is much more effective because it is a sphere). You removed the bunker amulets and did not think that lowering the damage does not work without them. Bunker rev trash.

Ventari stance - 0 boon for myself and 0 boon for the allies. (+ High healing efficiency and distance). - Not be compared with the effectiveness of FB (FB - boon spam, high healing, damage, def utility).

Mallyx - 1 boon for myself and 1 boon for the allies. + For allies.

The duration of the resistance for 2 seconds and we spend 30 energy on it. The warrior has perm resistance with such duration. Only warrior at this time has striking really hurt. Rune of Resistance 4 sec this is funny.

Renegade on the forum everything is described

Shiro here all understandable selfbuff might. Glint 5 boon for myself and 5 boon for the allies (probably because of this he is so popular) Has synergy Glint and Shiro - Power Herald. Here is she the only and not repeatable meta. But let's face it, it's a thief in a beautiful revenant cover. All that power herald can do, can a thief. Only a thief can do more.

Result

The only thing that can revenant to be a copy of the thief with beautiful animation? Why is it then necessary here?

Tagged: [ArenaNet](https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussions/tagged/arenanet "ArenaNet")

While you are correct that gameplay on Rev is similar to thief - you want to +1 into someone with your teleport as opener - it's not the same: While thief excels at hit and run thanks to a lot of disengages, Revenant wants to hit and stick to the target getting down then moving on. High risk high reward, fun to play. Also damage is uncomparable, average revenant hits like a truck, good ones can down pretty much everything not packing invulnerability effect in lets say 2 seconds, 4-5 if the opponent has a lot of disengage/evade frames.

Because the game already had 5 too many classes for its own good before Revenant was even introduced. It's flavor-over-purpose design at its finest, which is why it fell out of the PvE meta the moment that its passive boon duration bonus was nerfed and the class was replaced by a rune set. A RUNE SET. It should never have existed. The only reason it exists at all in the PvP realm is because it's basically just another thief except with Defiant Stance baked into its rotation.

> @"everyman.4375" said:

> I don't think you have enough game knowledge to judge anything.

Mutually adviser... I'm not judging, I'm comparing. Evaluation of my knowledge from forum analyst is not needed.

> @"Psycoprophet.8107" said:

> Rev is strong especially in wvw, it’s mechanics take a bit getting used to. Pathetic it is not

I know it's good for WvW. But as they say in the crowd all good.

Herald is broken cause of that defiant stance heal. Renegade is just so bad because it has no invulns like the defiant stance heal so it is hard to go "all-in" on it. Super speed is nice on all the rev specs because it helps them rotate, but they are legit pidgeon holed into Shiro, much like how Warrior is pidgeonholed into GS because there is just so much evades in the game you have to be an evade spammer yourself.

> @"BlackTruth.6813" said:

> Herald is broken cause of that defiant stance heal. Renegade is just so bad because it has no invulns. Super speed is nice on all the rev specs because it helps them rotate, but they are legit pidgeon holed into Shiro, much like how Warrior is pidgeonholed into GS because there is just so much evades in the game you have to be an evade spammer yourself.

You literally have no idea what you are talking about.

> @"Bashi.8902" said:

> > @"BlackTruth.6813" said:

> > Herald is broken cause of that defiant stance heal. Renegade is just so bad because it has no invulns. Super speed is nice on all the rev specs because it helps them rotate, but they are legit pidgeon holed into Shiro, much like how Warrior is pidgeonholed into GS because there is just so much evades in the game you have to be an evade spammer yourself.

>

> You literally have no idea what you are talking about.

Wanna tell me where I screwed up? Honest question. Still waiting. But I guess I don't know what I'm talking about without pointing evidence is the new norm.

> @"BlackTruth.6813" said:

> > @"Bashi.8902" said:

> > > @"BlackTruth.6813" said:

> > > Herald is broken cause of that defiant stance heal. Renegade is just so bad because it has no invulns. Super speed is nice on all the rev specs because it helps them rotate, but they are legit pidgeon holed into Shiro, much like how Warrior is pidgeonholed into GS because there is just so much evades in the game you have to be an evade spammer yourself.

> >

> > You literally have no idea what you are talking about.

>

> Wanna tell me where I screwed up? Honest question. Still waiting. But I guess I don't know what I'm talking about without pointing evidence is the new norm.

Thats how most discussions go. Support your statement with evidence, facts, points, etc

I think it just a poorly titled thread (and then poorly communicated main point in the body). Power shiro/glint is really the only way to play rev to maximum efficiency. With that said... when played well (I have not been able to master, despite really wanting to!)... the class/build is incredible and incredibly fun.

Even being terrible at it is still fun... but I don't take it into ranked because I am not that mean to others lulz.

How Dare you ! ! ! Rev' Is the best class in the entire game ! ~~

Erm... I'm biased as Kitten but tho I'm not blind, this class feel rushed like, no respect is involved when they "balance" us...

But basically, Rev' has all the tools it needs, but still, not polished enough overall, it take some (alot ?) of skill to be decent in pvp, buf F* it feels so rewarding when I take down some of the most Busted Spec Atm...

'til we got the love we deserve, you have to train, a lot, if you don't want to be a freekill as a rev.

> @"Arkantos.7460" said:

> its not pathetic but skills should be more more toweards legend specific like the new underwater weapon.... would be coulld if that be on every weapon, i would want use shortbow for power builds if it get another boon or dps support

Yes yes bro correctly. For them, power shiro is the revenant. They do not think that there are other not modified legendary stance . I didn't call power shiro pathetic. I said the revenant is pathetic.