oppinions on glyph of industry?

When I gather I prefer to not get into combat because I want to be able to remount again right away. Particularly when mobs have CC skills. So being able to get out of there before they can hit you is an advantage. Personally I gather mostly with my guardian who generally blocks the first hit, but that's one thing I can think if why you might want to gather faster... to avoid combat.

> @"Gehenna.3625" said:

> When I gather I prefer to not get into combat because I want to be able to remount again right away. Particularly when mobs have CC skills. So being able to get out of there before they can hit you is an advantage. Personally I gather mostly with my guardian who generally blocks the first hit, but that's one thing I can think if why you might want to gather faster... to avoid combat.

This...

I run Industry on my axe and pick. It's mostly for when I do map clears for mats. I'd say having both set that way and using the mounts/guardian it feels I cut my harvest time by 50%... except when I get side tracked by an event for Karma.

I like the glyph of industry because I'm impatient. Waiting for animations to finish... it means I end up skipping nodes, because it's a distraction from doing other things. With the right skins, it can be twice as fast. With Coffee food and mounts, faster yet.

If, however, you are a dedicated farmer with a nice, calm (some might say: brain dead) route to pick up all the rich ore Ascalon has to offer, then you are more likely to prefer a glyph that offers bonus mats of some sort.

I got my first Glyph of Industry for free when they were released and not too long after that I bought two more so I could have one on each of my tools. Although I agree it's not directly beneficial, I love the time savings so much that I can't ever see myself using a different glyph.

> @"Kunzaito.8169" said:

> Farming home instance & guild halls. I want to be done with those as quickly as possible. If I could afford 3x industry glyphs I'd definitely get them for the time savings (I just swap one now). Plus extra-strike doesn't even work there (probably not on WvW synthesizers either).

Bounty Glyphs work on WvW Synthesizers.

On things that are single strike you can get your usuall 2 -3 extra items.

Ore/Wood (Multistrike) you only get

1 Ore/Wood extra.

Never seen 2 extra strikes on it.

In the home instance bounty work on the gardenplots, which is very usefull if you are crafting the mini primers.

I see people every day in the LS3 maps who are there to farm nodes. Often they are VERY interested in how quickly they can work through the map. Especially when you're doing things like collecting berries and re-logging on several toons to repeat the process, there are some players who value speed over all other considerations.

I mostly couldn't bother to gather all my home nodes until I was fully decked with industry glyphs. I may forego some additional gathering rewards, but I am fine with that if I can get back to doing other stuff 50% faster. :D

I've never cared about gathering tool skins, but a comment above made me think that I may change my tools if it means faster gathering.

So, for those that want even more speed, what would be the best skins to combine with industry glyphs?

> @"Skotlex.7580" said:

> I mostly couldn't bother to gather all my home nodes until I was fully decked with industry glyphs. I may forego some additional gathering rewards, but I am fine with that if I can get back to doing other stuff 50% faster. :D

>

> I've never cared about gathering tool skins, but a comment above made me think that I may change my tools if it means faster gathering.

>

> So, for those that want even more speed, what would be the best skins to combine with industry glyphs?

Harvesting: consortium and molten gather twice as fast. With a glyph of industry the speed is insane.

For logging I don't think there are any that innately gather faster. Unbound logging gives a forth strike on rich and guild nodes, or rather the last strike counts twice.

Unbound mining strikes four times, which means that you can be finished a little sooner on open world nodes by canceling, but I find it very unreliable. On rich and guild nodes it means your done after three full animations, by gathering 4-4-2 instead of 3-3-3-1.

Would I recommend buying an Unbound set to then put industry glyphs in or just for the skin? No.

Would I recommend buying Unbound set for the extra Unbound magic? Yes, at least if you have LS3. Also, it's not much, but Unbound harvesting fully gathers guild nodes in one animation.

Would I recommend buying consortium or molten? Depends. I plan on buying one of the two and applying the skin to my volatile and Unbound harvesters to get the speed and the currency and then I'll slap a glyph of I don't know yet for extra gathering results in the original sickle.

> @"Skotlex.7580" said:

> I mostly couldn't bother to gather all my home nodes until I was fully decked with industry glyphs. I may forego some additional gathering rewards, but I am fine with that if I can get back to doing other stuff 50% faster. :D

>

> I've never cared about gathering tool skins, but a comment above made me think that I may change my tools if it means faster gathering.

>

> So, for those that want even more speed, what would be the best skins to combine with industry glyphs?

Consortium and Molten sickles are the fastest for plant harvesting, although Unbound harvests three strikes at once (good with Glyph of Bounty).

Unbound logging tool is slightly faster than all others (except possibly for volatile,) but it's not terribly noticable. It also has a double-gather on the third strike, making it once again work decently with Glyph of Bounty as it will instantly harvest a bonus strike.

All mining pick skins have 4 harvests over the duration, and are overall comparable in harvest time.

> @"Shep.4026" said:

> > @"Skotlex.7580" said:

> > I mostly couldn't bother to gather all my home nodes until I was fully decked with industry glyphs. I may forego some additional gathering rewards, but I am fine with that if I can get back to doing other stuff 50% faster. :D

> >

> > I've never cared about gathering tool skins, but a comment above made me think that I may change my tools if it means faster gathering.

> >

> > So, for those that want even more speed, what would be the best skins to combine with industry glyphs?

>

> Harvesting: consortium and molten gather twice as fast. With a glyph of industry the speed is insane.

>

> For logging I don't think there are any that innately gather faster. Unbound logging gives a forth strike on rich and guild nodes, or rather the last strike counts twice.

>

> Unbound mining strikes four times, which means that you can be finished a little sooner on open world nodes by canceling, but I find it very unreliable. On rich and guild nodes it means your done after three full animations, by gathering 4-4-2 instead of 3-3-3-1.

>

> Would I recommend buying an Unbound set to then put industry glyphs in or just for the skin? No.

> Would I recommend buying Unbound set for the extra Unbound magic? Yes, at least if you have LS3. Also, it's not much, but Unbound harvesting fully gathers guild nodes in one animation.

>

> Would I recommend buying consortium or molten? Depends. I plan on buying one of the two and applying the skin to my volatile and Unbound harvesters to get the speed and the currency and then I'll slap a glyph of I don't know yet for extra gathering results in the original sickle.

Don't remember the numbers from when I tested but I think golem is actually fastest if you interrupt it. You can interrupt it because the actual gathering happens about halfway through. On the other hand you can also interrupt the consortium and molten a bit before it fully completes as well.