Lift limits on simultaneous in-game mails.

Torensi.5879

> @"Ayakaru.6583" said:

> Okay, so to sumarrize:

>

> Remove the mail limiteres for

> - Mutual friends.

> - Guild officers, (or all guild members if the officers have it enabled).

> - Squad leaders and captains, (or all members if the leader of the squad has it enabled).

>

>

Wouldn't that open up rotating RMT guilds?

> @"Gaile Gray.6029" said:

> > @"Dreamy Lu.3865" said:

> > I agree that it is annoying. The issue has been discussed several times. I may be wrong, but it seems to me that the main reason for this limit is to help preventing gold sellers. I would have to browse the forum to find again the thread in which it was explained in details. If I recall correctly, for now, there is no easy alternative solution that can be put in place.

>

> That is correct. With limitless mails, RMT will start spamming every account in the game. :( I understand the desire, but I also understand the reasons for the limitations. I will bring this up with the devs to see if there's a potential work-around, but so far, one (without drawbacks) has not been evident or something that was reasonable and without risk to implement.

Would it be possible to tie the limit with accounts AP ? Pick a number reasonably high to lift/increase mail limit, players invested in game wont riskk their accounts with rmt.* This would be easy to code ;)

*-caveat I see, players whose AP is not high enough but are invested in game - we don't want them feeling left out. Add a vouch system - 4 accounts with 15k+ AP can vouch for account to lift it's mail limit. (ofc, should that account turn out to be rmt bot, some questions would be asked) This requires some coding but should be walk in the park compared to other things that are implemented in the game weekly.

Just a suggestion, altho it's possible there are some variables I'm not seeing that would make this kind of solution undesirable.

> @"Blude.6812" said:

> > @"Ayakaru.6583" said:

> > Okay, so to sumarrize:

> >

> > Remove the mail limiteres for

> > - Mutual friends.

> > - Guild officers, (or all guild members if the officers have it enabled).

> > - Squad leaders and captains, (or all members if the leader of the squad has it enabled).

> >

> >

>

> Wouldn't that open up rotating RMT guilds?

>

Which in turn makes it easier for anet to track and take them down

> @"Arioch.4810" said:

>

> Would it be possible to tie the limit with accounts AP ? Pick a number reasonably high to lift/increase mail limit, players invested in game wont riskk their accounts with rmt.* This would be easy to code ;)

This would just give RMT people even more reason to want to steal someone's account. Steal it, strip it, use it to spam.

> > I agree that it is annoying. The issue has been discussed several times. I may be wrong, but it seems to me that the main reason for this limit is to help preventing gold sellers. I would have to browse the forum to find again the thread in which it was explained in details. If I recall correctly, for now, there is no easy alternative solution that can be put in place.

>

> That is correct. With limitless mails, RMT will start spamming every account in the game. :( I understand the desire, but I also understand the reasons for the limitations. I will bring this up with the devs to see if there's a potential work-around, but so far, one (without drawbacks) has not been evident or something that was reasonable and without risk to implement.

Make it at least a guild leader feature. Most guilds don't invite RMT into them.

>

Well, the limiters already stated should prevent that, no?

If it's unlimited only if mutual friend, Guild Mate, or in a party/squad with the player, that would prevent RTM from being spammy as well..

You could also tie it to in-game hours, character levels, character ages, etc. Of course it's easier to just do a blanket limit for everyone, but i think you should try for quality, not what's less work. I mean that was the reason why i started playing GW2, because Arena Net aimed to be at the cutting edge of MMORPGs. Now it's more on the cutting board of MMORPGs, but hey... I'm still here hoping you get your spark back.

So I've been thinking a lot about this the past few days. It seems no matter what ANet does to help people send more mail it will open the system for RTM sellers. So here is what I've come up with. Not sure if it would work but its just a idea to toss out there.

In order to make your account have more mail sending permissions you could:

* Have a set amount of Achievement Points

* Have a set number of playtime for one character

* Have a set number of completed heart tasks

* Have a set amount of PvP playtime(Optional since not everyone likes PvP)

* Have all of the dungeon stories completed

* Complete a set number of fractals

* Have a set number of completed Masteries

As for guild mail system I think of WoW, where people are in the guild can mail people within the guild unlimited amount of times and they get it instantly. What I propose for a guild mail system is to make guild based mail a perk for the guild. For example, take a fully leveled guild and give them a chance to make a building, like a post office, and make it have a high requirement to have it built. I would also make it so people in the guild need to be in the guild for a set period of time before they had access to the guild mail perk.

These are so just some ideas I've been thinking about. Not sure if they are good or not but maybe it will spark some thinking from others to help implement a improved mail system.

> if there's a potential work-around, but so far, one (without drawbacks) has not been evident or something that was reasonable and without risk to implement.

Link mailing to the games social systems. Give players X mails/minute where Y mails don't count againt that number (Y being mutual friends/Guild Members).

> @"Etria.3642" said:

> I could see a limit of five but I hit two constantly. Sometimes I rob my alt account, sometimes I want to help one of my daughters with something they are working on.

>

> Usually goes like this: Mom do you have any extra rugged leather? I need six more. (I send). Wait I need ten iron ingots too. (I send). Oh and could you spare just one glob of ecto? (Spam limit reached. Argh.)

Sounds like you need to get your daughter(s) to request *everything* they need rather than one bit at a time:

* Daughter: Mom do you have any extra rugged leather?

* Mom: (starts message) Sure, do you need anything else as well?

* Daughter: (looks) Er, um, ten iron ingots, and ... one glob of ecto.

* Mom: (adds the rest) (hits send): Done!

I do wish that but I get impatient. And really TWO mails is ridiculous. Because sometimes it also goes:

Daughter one: do you have a couple rugged leather?

Me: sure. (Send)

Daughter two: oh hey I'd like a couple elder logs...well. Actually I need twenty.

Me: uhm sure here.(send)

Guildie: hey I have extra here. But does anyone have platinum? I just made all mine into darksteel.

Me: sure. Ten enough? (Limit reached) btw since I have to waaait to send, here is my scribe reminder. Taking all sand!

(The conversation and mail limits continue until we're tired of crafting/hitting mail limits. This can be worked around by using the guild bank but not everyone in our discord is in the family guild.)