Put a message about 15k AP cap under achiev number!

What bothers me more is that there are players who bypassed the cap because they gained more through dailies and monthlies before they got merged together. I'm sure there are more elegant solutions, but it feels horribly unfair that some players have achievement points which are literally unobtainable and I think those achievement points should be removed.

I have my gripes with the older living story content and removed achievements as well, but at least I can somewhat understand those.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"MetalGirl.2370" said:

> and the difference is that there are not a handful of posts like mine, because something would've been done if people posted constantly.

It's a mistake to assume that something would have been done.

As I said earlier, myself & others have been posting about this regularly since the cap was introduced, pretty much any time there's a slew of posts when people express confusion about the cap.

The reason people complain more about the cap (and the reason they keep digressing this thread) is that the perceived pain of a cap is something that they notice daily. In contrast, the initial confusion about the existence of the cap is something that people experience only once.

For me, this should be a no-brainer for ANet: no one should be surprised by the existence of the cap. It's not a secret; it's not one of those things that can possibly delight us to discover (quite the contrary). I'm okay with them never telling us exactly why they think the cap is good for the game (I don't like it, but I can accept it). I'm really mystified why the game doesn't make it clear that there's a cap.

> @"Bovan.9481" said:

> What bothers me more is that there are players who bypassed the cap because they gained more through dailies and monthlies before they got merged together. I'm sure there are more elegant solutions, but it feels horribly unfair that some players have achievement points which are literally unobtainable and I think those achievement points should be removed.

>

> I have my gripes with the older living story content and removed achievements as well, but at least I can somewhat understand those.

Not true, noone has more than 15k combined daily+monthly AP

> @"Linken.6345" said:

> > @"Blude.6812" said:

> > > @"Linken.6345" said:

> > > > @"Teratus.2859" said:

> > > > Cap needs to be increased imo..

> > > > For people who don't play pvp and wvw.. once we hit the cap we're pretty much screwed until new content comes along.. and even then it's barely enough to make much progress.

> > > >

> > > > That tiny bit of AP per day for some people was the only AP they got or could rely on to work towards the next reward..

> > > > I barely bother with dailies anymore since there's no AP to earn.. the 2g per day incentive rapidly looses value once you've sold a legendary weapon XD

> > >

> > > Funny enough the ones who are starved for ap is the wvw and pvp crowd.

> > > They dont get ap added through living story every 3ish months.

> >

> > Completely disagree. I never touch PvE and rarely play WvW unless I am grabbing a daily (Vet, big spender,ruin) or following a reward path and I am sure there are many other. Taking off the cap or increasing would be a great solution.

>

> So you dont pve and wvw got it.

> Since you pvp the other people I say are starved for ap how do you disagree with my statment again?

> Maybe you wanted to quote Teratus.2859

LOL. Hit the wrong quote, sorry. And it seems the one I thought I was quoting is now gone.

> @"Blude.6812" said:

> > @"Linken.6345" said:

> > > @"Blude.6812" said:

> > > > @"Linken.6345" said:

> > > > > @"Teratus.2859" said:

> > > > > Cap needs to be increased imo..

> > > > > For people who don't play pvp and wvw.. once we hit the cap we're pretty much screwed until new content comes along.. and even then it's barely enough to make much progress.

> > > > >

> > > > > That tiny bit of AP per day for some people was the only AP they got or could rely on to work towards the next reward..

> > > > > I barely bother with dailies anymore since there's no AP to earn.. the 2g per day incentive rapidly looses value once you've sold a legendary weapon XD

> > > >

> > > > Funny enough the ones who are starved for ap is the wvw and pvp crowd.

> > > > They dont get ap added through living story every 3ish months.

> > >

> > > Completely disagree. I never touch PvE and rarely play WvW unless I am grabbing a daily (Vet, big spender,ruin) or following a reward path and I am sure there are many other. Taking off the cap or increasing would be a great solution.

> >

> > So you dont pve and wvw got it.

> > Since you pvp the other people I say are starved for ap how do you disagree with my statment again?

> > Maybe you wanted to quote Teratus.2859

>

> LOL. Hit the wrong quote, sorry. And it seems the one I thought I was quoting is now gone.

>

Np it can happen to all of us =)

> @"Arsenic Touch.7960" said:

> They need to get rid of the caps or stop with the 1 point and no point achievements.

Yeah, this. The cap wouldn't be so bad if the achievement rewards weren't so paltry otherwise, but achievement rewards have been god-awful for years (especially for the investment in time and/or gold they often require).

I don't know if it is intended, but looking at GW efficiency, for my account there is ~18000 permanent AP that are achievable, at 15000 for daily login rewards. Which means that about half of my AP will be daily rewards.

And of the 18000, many become increasingly difficult (number of kills for weapon master, slayer, PVP, go up dramatically). I'm fine with the way that works.

However, it does mean that for a lot of players, the only reasonable way to get AP is the daily login rewards. Though festivals do give some decent rewards now also.

> @"Malediktus.9250" said:

> > @"Bovan.9481" said:

> > What bothers me more is that there are players who bypassed the cap because they gained more through dailies and monthlies before they got merged together. I'm sure there are more elegant solutions, but it feels horribly unfair that some players have achievement points which are literally unobtainable and I think those achievement points should be removed.

> >

> > I have my gripes with the older living story content and removed achievements as well, but at least I can somewhat understand those.

>

> Not true, noone has more than 15k combined daily+monthly AP

I can give you an account which does, but I will not be doing this in public. Feel free to contact me in-game.

> @"Bovan.9481" said:

> > @"Malediktus.9250" said:

> > > @"Bovan.9481" said:

> > > What bothers me more is that there are players who bypassed the cap because they gained more through dailies and monthlies before they got merged together. I'm sure there are more elegant solutions, but it feels horribly unfair that some players have achievement points which are literally unobtainable and I think those achievement points should be removed.

> > >

> > > I have my gripes with the older living story content and removed achievements as well, but at least I can somewhat understand those.

> >

> > Not true, noone has more than 15k combined daily+monthly AP

>

> I can give you an account which does, but I will not be doing this in public. Feel free to contact me in-game.

what do you mean you will give me an account? Just post a screenshot of it. Unless it is a top 1000 account, noone will figure out the name from it. If it is a top 1000 account you can use the private message feature on these forums.

Putting a note out about it won't solve the root problem: the cap punishes the game's most loyal players. We are singled out for punishment.

The cap has another side effect: only seventeen people in the world have reached 39,000 APs. Eleven Million customers, but only seventeen have reached the top. With Living World Season One points unavailable now, if you weren't here for that, it's essentially impossible to attain a full set of the AP rewards' armor.

I still love this game, but that's a very bitter pill to swallow: I will almost certainly die of old age before I can ever get the radiant armor skins I started working towards sevenish years ago.

I had hope in Guild Wars 1, and eventually attained the highest rewards. It took almost nine years, but I did it: I bear the title Champion of the Gods. But, in GW2? It's hopeless. There is (likely) not enough time left in my life to get to 39,000.

> @"Daddicus.6128" said:

> Putting a note out about it won't solve the root problem:

It will indeed solve the problem the OP described: since there is a cap, why should people be confused when they hit it?

You (and some others) want to digress the thread to focus on an entirely different question: should there be a cap? It's worth discussing (which is why there are lots of existing threads that do so), but it's not what this thread is about.

> @"Bovan.9481" said:

> > @"Malediktus.9250" said:

> > > @"Bovan.9481" said:

> > > What bothers me more is that there are players who bypassed the cap because they gained more through dailies and monthlies before they got merged together. I'm sure there are more elegant solutions, but it feels horribly unfair that some players have achievement points which are literally unobtainable and I think those achievement points should be removed.

> > >

> > > I have my gripes with the older living story content and removed achievements as well, but at least I can somewhat understand those.

> >

> > Not true, noone has more than 15k combined daily+monthly AP

>

> I can give you an account which does, but I will not be doing this in public. Feel free to contact me in-game.

That's an interesting claim, seeing as (if i remember that right, Malediktus would probably know better) before merge the daily cap was 10k (monthly was 5k) and when that first cap got introduced, the top players were barely at it. I'd like to see screenshots of it as well.

> @"Solvar.7953" said:

> I don't know if it is intended, but looking at GW efficiency, for my account there is ~18000 permanent AP that are achievable, at 15000 for daily login rewards. Which means that about half of my AP will be daily rewards.

> And of the 18000, many become increasingly difficult (number of kills for weapon master, slayer, PVP, go up dramatically). I'm fine with the way that works.

> However, it does mean that for a lot of players, the only reasonable way to get AP is the daily login rewards. Though festivals do give some decent rewards now also.

For the older players Festival stopped giving AP a long time ago. With most Festival Achievements you can only do them 5 times till you hit the max AP... even though it says Infinite... to me infinite means more then 5 times. :) My Daily AP have been done years ago too.

To me this cap feels more like a punishment... you played to long so you get no reward anymore. I'm sure it was not the intention but still feels like that to me.

I play almost every day and do all the stories and every PvE events yet gonna be about 7 years of paying to reach the last piece of the HellFire/ Radiant armor that seems exaggerated. Definitely the cap needs to be removed.

First, yes, a statement would help. Second, the cap should be adjusted every year by a small amount--perhaps 500 or 1000? That way older players still get increases from doing dailies(and do not feel pressured to log in each and every day for each and every daily) and the newer folks can do more than the amount the cap was raised, thereby inching closer to max, but for them, as well, without the perceived pressure to login and do dailies every single day.

> @"Etria.3642" said:

> First, yes, a statement would help. Second, the cap should be adjusted every year by a small amount--perhaps 500 or 1000? That way older players still get increases from doing dailies(and do not feel pressured to log in each and every day for each and every daily) and the newer folks can do more than the amount the cap was raised, thereby inching closer to max, but for them, as well, without the perceived pressure to login and do dailies every single day.

I would love to see them increase the daily cap a bit every year. If they're worried about newer players not being to catch up then, they could easily just make it so every daily now gives 1ap, and doing 3 of them still rewards 10. This way a person could get up to 19 (i think) daily ap.

Im not sure when was the last time i bothered with dailies, most likely years ago (when i finished the cap).

I was surprised at how demotivating/de-incentivizing reaching the Daily AP cap was for me.

But there it is... I log in so much less because of reaching that Daily AP cap. :anguished:

I so very much wish ANet would remove that cap altogether--as it does much more harm than good for player retention and for the "good of the game."

> @"Eloc Freidon.5692" said:

> They can remove the cap after they make a way to get older AP.

All old unobtainable ap + current cap should be the new cap.

They should merge those old unobtainable achievments with the daily cap, while increasing the daily cap for around 5-8k and it would be gold.

> @"MetalGirl.2370" said:

> I cannot tell you how many times I've seen people post and ask about "AP bug" just to be told over and over that they've reached a cap and none of them bother googling what they think is a ''bug " themselves before posting.

> It's about time you just put a message under the achievement number.

>

> Example:

>

> AP: 30.000

> (Daily 15.000 cap achieved: you will no longer get AP from dailies)

>

> Edit: I KNOW this was said before, so no need to tell me. It's just that Anet doesn't seem to care to finally add a simple line.

So somebody seriously does the dailies on 1,500 days and doesn't notice that there's a cap? How unattentive can a person be?

> @"Yannir.4132" said:

> > @"MetalGirl.2370" said:

> > I cannot tell you how many times I've seen people post and ask about "AP bug" just to be told over and over that they've reached a cap and none of them bother googling what they think is a ''bug " themselves before posting.

> > It's about time you just put a message under the achievement number.

> >

> > Example:

> >

> > AP: 30.000

> > (Daily 15.000 cap achieved: you will no longer get AP from dailies)

> >

> > Edit: I KNOW this was said before, so no need to tell me. It's just that Anet doesn't seem to care to finally add a simple line.

>

> So somebody seriously does the dailies on 1,500 days and doesn't notice that there's a cap? How unattentive can a person be?

Well it never says there is a cap anywere so its easy to miss mate.

> @"Yannir.4132" said:

> > @"MetalGirl.2370" said:

> > I cannot tell you how many times I've seen people post and ask about "AP bug" just to be told over and over that they've reached a cap and none of them bother googling what they think is a ''bug " themselves before posting.

> > It's about time you just put a message under the achievement number.

> >

> > Example:

> >

> > AP: 30.000

> > (Daily 15.000 cap achieved: you will no longer get AP from dailies)

> >

> > Edit: I KNOW this was said before, so no need to tell me. It's just that Anet doesn't seem to care to finally add a simple line.

>

> So somebody seriously does the dailies on 1,500 days and doesn't notice that there's a cap? How unattentive can a person be?

How would they know? It's not like there's any information in the game about it. Nor, by the way, is there a clear indication you've stopped receiving AP (unlike with every other achievement, the daily meta popups still show you getting 10 ap even after hitting the cap).

There's a reason why, even now, from time to time you see posts of people thinking they were hit by some sort of a bug.