More than half of the Revenant class not worth playing

JayAction.9056

Title.

Let’s be real. PvP is endgame in gw2.

Can we get some fixes/trait changes/etc???

I’d hate to have to look forward to an unannounced, assumed to be happening, third expansion for it to maybe get fixed.

Is the state of Revenant OK with the developers?

I don’t understand how hard it could be to implement things that are already present in game (adjusting rev features where needed) or changing the number values of things.

I’d hate to have to join the bandwagon of badmouthing a game I actually enjoy playing.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Tataienstein.7581" said:

> > @"everyman.4375" said:

> > > @"JayAction.9056" said:

> > > Let’s be real. PvP is endgame in gw2.

> >

> > ?

> Exatcly what i was thinking. Plus rev is one of the best PvP and WvW class.

> Op have a point tho, not all legend are worth and balance would be fun.

>

Most professions have plenty of inviable Traits and Utilities tho... That's not a problem exclusive to Revenant just because they don't get to choose their utilities.

> @"Jeknar.6184" said:

> > @"Tataienstein.7581" said:

> > > @"everyman.4375" said:

> > > > @"JayAction.9056" said:

> > > > Let’s be real. PvP is endgame in gw2.

> > >

> > > ?

> > Exatcly what i was thinking. Plus rev is one of the best PvP and WvW class.

> > Op have a point tho, not all legend are worth and balance would be fun.

> >

>

> Most professions have plenty of inviable Traits and Utilities tho... That's not a problem exclusive to Revenant just because they don't get to choose their utilities.

just + to that, its simply game balance issues. tbh, balance is rly hard in game where u have, sooo many traits and skills. for example in lol, u could easilly see, that x ability on certain champion is to good, so they can nerf it. In gw2 there is so many traits with skills combinations, that making all traitlines equal is kinda impossible. but yea, still, balance in pvp is poor

I've mentioned this before as a problem with Rev. They seem hellbent on balancing the class around shiro/glint, which does result in the existence of one "meta" build. But after a while, that one "meta" build gets stale. And when the meta shifts to condi, Rev falls to bottom tier. Rev may be in a "good" spot now but if we get another condi-cancer meta with the next patch and rev gets nothing to deal with it then it's back to F-tier boys.

IMO the tradeoff for the fact that Rev doesn't get to pick and choose utilities should be that every legend gets treated as important. It would be great if they would just leave shiro/glint alone for a patch and buff Jalis/Mallyx/Ventari/Kalla to make them more usable. Especially Mallyx and Jalis, these two legends should be Revs anti-condi build...but they aren't because the numbers just aren't there.

> @"everyman.4375" said:

> > @"DomHemingway.8436" said:

> > > > @"JayAction.9056" said:

> > > > Let’s be real. PvP is endgame in gw2.

> > >

> > > ?

> >

> > ? - your knowledge of the synergy between legends. As usually on topic nothing 0 arguments.

>

> I wasn't talking about what he says on revenant ...

Please share your opinion on the synergy between the legends. To quote other people's themes and message are the easiest.

> @"DomHemingway.8436" said:

> > > @"DomHemingway.8436" said:

> > > > @"everyman.4375" said:

> > > > > @"JayAction.9056" said:

> > > > > Let’s be real. PvP is endgame in gw2.

> > > >

> > > > ?

> > >

> > > ? - your knowledge of the synergy between legends. As usually on topic nothing 0 arguments.

> >

> > I wasn't talking about what he says on revenant ...

> Please share your opinion on the synergy between the legends. To quote other people's themes and message are the easiest.

>

Can you read what i quoted ? i was quoting what he said about pvp being the endgame of guild wars 2.

The current Revenant build is alright. It's a good build to play with, has a high skill cap, but a bit too much dps. There is actually nothing they need to change on the traits or weapons, its basically only the dps that is too high. And build diversity is always a bit hard to manage. All you guys do is talking about Solo or DuoQ, but thats actually not the original purpose conquest has. It's a 5 man game mode and I'm 100% sure that a proper 5v5 team has still a lot of room to theorycraft, the problem is: no one is doing that, so the chance to get to play a different rev build or having build diversity in general is dead atm.

> @"everyman.4375" said:

> > > > @"DomHemingway.8436" said:

> > > > > @"everyman.4375" said:

> > > > > > @"JayAction.9056" said:

> > > > > > Let’s be real. PvP is endgame in gw2.

> > > > >

> > > > > ?

> > > >

> > > > ? - your knowledge of the synergy between legends. As usually on topic nothing 0 arguments.

> > >

> > > I wasn't talking about what he says on revenant ...

> > Please share your opinion on the synergy between the legends. To quote other people's themes and message are the easiest.

> >

>

> Can you read what i quoted ? i was quoting what he said about pvp being the endgame of guild wars 2.

> @"everyman.4375" said:

> I don't think you have enough game knowledge to judge anything.

You don't have an opinion. you just amuse the crowd. Reading your comments, I did not see your suggestions.

Repeat. Please share your opinion on the synergy between the legends.

> @"Tyga.7056" said:

> The current Revenant build is alright. It's a good build to play with, has a high skill cap, but a bit too much dps. There is actually nothing they need to change on the traits or weapons, its basically only the dps that is too high. And build diversity is always a bit hard to manage. All you guys do is talking about Solo or DuoQ, but thats actually not the original purpose conquest has. It's a 5 man game mode and I'm 100% sure that a proper 5v5 team has still a lot of room to theorycraft, the problem is: no one is doing that, so the chance to get to play a different rev build or having build diversity in general is dead atm.

Can I ask? Why is it easier for other classes to play a different build? You will understand why they ask such questions.

> > > > > @"DomHemingway.8436" said:

> > > > > > @"everyman.4375" said:

> > > > > > > @"JayAction.9056" said:

> > > > > > > Let’s be real. PvP is endgame in gw2.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > ?

> > > > >

> > > > > ? - your knowledge of the synergy between legends. As usually on topic nothing 0 arguments.

> > > >

> > > > I wasn't talking about what he says on revenant ...

> > > Please share your opinion on the synergy between the legends. To quote other people's themes and message are the easiest.

> > >

> >

> > Can you read what i quoted ? i was quoting what he said about pvp being the endgame of guild wars 2.

>

> > I don't think you have enough game knowledge to judge anything.

>

> You don't have an opinion. you just amuse the crowd. Reading your comments, I did not see your suggestions.

I don't have any suggestions about revenant, i was just amused by what he said ...

> @"everyman.4375" said:

> > > > > > @"DomHemingway.8436" said:

> > > > > > > @"everyman.4375" said:

> > > > > > > > @"JayAction.9056" said:

> > > > > > > > Let’s be real. PvP is endgame in gw2.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > ?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > ? - your knowledge of the synergy between legends. As usually on topic nothing 0 arguments.

> > > > >

> > > > > I wasn't talking about what he says on revenant ...

> > > > Please share your opinion on the synergy between the legends. To quote other people's themes and message are the easiest.

> > > >

> > >

> > > Can you read what i quoted ? i was quoting what he said about pvp being the endgame of guild wars 2.

> >

> > > I don't think you have enough game knowledge to judge anything.

> >

> > You don't have an opinion. you just amuse the crowd. Reading your comments, I did not see your suggestions.

>

> I don't have any suggestions about revenant, i was just amused by what he said ...

Which is to be expected.

> > > > > > > @"DomHemingway.8436" said:

> > > > > > > > @"everyman.4375" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"JayAction.9056" said:

> > > > > > > > > Let’s be real. PvP is endgame in gw2.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > ?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > ? - your knowledge of the synergy between legends. As usually on topic nothing 0 arguments.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I wasn't talking about what he says on revenant ...

> > > > > Please share your opinion on the synergy between the legends. To quote other people's themes and message are the easiest.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Can you read what i quoted ? i was quoting what he said about pvp being the endgame of guild wars 2.

> > >

> > > > I don't think you have enough game knowledge to judge anything.

> > >

> > > You don't have an opinion. you just amuse the crowd. Reading your comments, I did not see your suggestions.

> >

> > I don't have any suggestions about revenant, i was just amused by what he said ...

>

> Which is to be expected.

>

Looks like you have something against me but ok.

> @"everyman.4375" said:

> > > > > > > > @"DomHemingway.8436" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"everyman.4375" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"JayAction.9056" said:

> > > > > > > > > > Let’s be real. PvP is endgame in gw2.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > ?

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > ? - your knowledge of the synergy between legends. As usually on topic nothing 0 arguments.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I wasn't talking about what he says on revenant ...

> > > > > > Please share your opinion on the synergy between the legends. To quote other people's themes and message are the easiest.

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Can you read what i quoted ? i was quoting what he said about pvp being the endgame of guild wars 2.

> > > >

> > > > > I don't think you have enough game knowledge to judge anything.

> > > >

> > > > You don't have an opinion. you just amuse the crowd. Reading your comments, I did not see your suggestions.

> > >

> > > I don't have any suggestions about revenant, i was just amused by what he said ...

> >

> > Which is to be expected.

> >

>

> Looks like you have something against me but ok.

I have nothing against you. Not very nice to intrude in other people's threads without arguments.

Now we know you have nothing to say about the revenant. That's the topic if you forgot https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/67837/why-is-the-revenant-so-pathetic#latest

The best way to make Revenant interesting and unique is to make your primary stats chance when you change legendaries. There is no synergy between legendaries (other than shiro and glint) because you gimp yourself too much with your gear/amulet to try to make both work--especially in a "zerker" all or nothing meta (both PvE and PvP, to be honest). Imagine if you could swap to centaur and your stat distribution shifted to make you better support, or you swap to demon and your stat distribution shifted o make you do condi damage.

It has been suggested before, but this seems to make the most sense to me.

> > > > > > > @"DomHemingway.8436" said:

> > > > > > > > @"everyman.4375" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"DomHemingway.8436" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"everyman.4375" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"JayAction.9056" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > Let’s be real. PvP is endgame in gw2.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > ?

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > ? - your knowledge of the synergy between legends. As usually on topic nothing 0 arguments.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I wasn't talking about what he says on revenant ...

> > > > > > > Please share your opinion on the synergy between the legends. To quote other people's themes and message are the easiest.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Can you read what i quoted ? i was quoting what he said about pvp being the endgame of guild wars 2.

> > > > >

> > > > > > I don't think you have enough game knowledge to judge anything.

> > > > >

> > > > > You don't have an opinion. you just amuse the crowd. Reading your comments, I did not see your suggestions.

> > > >

> > > > I don't have any suggestions about revenant, i was just amused by what he said ...

> > >

> > > Which is to be expected.

> > >

> >

> > Looks like you have something against me but ok.

>

> I have nothing against you. Not very nice to intrude in other people's threads without arguments.

> Now we know you have nothing to say about the revenant. That's the topic if you forgot https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/67837/why-is-the-revenant-so-pathetic#latest

OK so you do have something against me, in the topic you're linking you're saying that revenant is pathetic wich it's not and that's not my opinion, that's just fact. Any organized team runs one revenant and it's still very good in soloQ.

> @"pah.4931" said:

> The best way to make Revenant interesting and unique is to make your primary stats chance when you change legendaries. There is no synergy between legendaries (other than shiro and glint) because you kitten yourself too much with your gear/amulet to try to make both work--especially in a "zerker" all or nothing meta (both PvE and PvP, to be honest). Imagine if you could swap to centaur and your stat distribution shifted to make you better support, or you swap to demon and your stat distribution shifted o make you do condi damage.

Inb4 everyone bandwagon so crazy OP revenant that suddenly on brink of death swap to bunker and start to puke heals/cleanses everywhere and support their team and then suddenly swap to DPS legend to kick everyone butts eksdee.

Idea itself is good and I like it but would be too OP ?

May be if it would be like : you lose 300 stats(play with numbers yourself to acceptable level) from somewhere in exchange for another 300 stats(see before) depending on your legend but not too much to not create some monster :bleep_bloop:

Rev has one good strong buildand nothing else even viable. For non rev mains this is fine. For revs its it's boring.

Imgine if anet nerfed core guard amd dragin hunter so they would not even be viable at all. Would you be ok with that being only able to play support firebrand.

Revs dont want herald buffed we just want other options.

> @"everyman.4375" said:

> > > > > > > > @"DomHemingway.8436" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"everyman.4375" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"DomHemingway.8436" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"everyman.4375" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > @"JayAction.9056" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > Let’s be real. PvP is endgame in gw2.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > ?

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > ? - your knowledge of the synergy between legends. As usually on topic nothing 0 arguments.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > I wasn't talking about what he says on revenant ...

> > > > > > > > Please share your opinion on the synergy between the legends. To quote other people's themes and message are the easiest.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Can you read what i quoted ? i was quoting what he said about pvp being the endgame of guild wars 2.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > > I don't think you have enough game knowledge to judge anything.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > You don't have an opinion. you just amuse the crowd. Reading your comments, I did not see your suggestions.

> > > > >

> > > > > I don't have any suggestions about revenant, i was just amused by what he said ...

> > > >

> > > > Which is to be expected.

> > > >

> > >

> > > Looks like you have something against me but ok.

> >

> > I have nothing against you. Not very nice to intrude in other people's threads without arguments.

> > Now we know you have nothing to say about the revenant. That's the topic if you forgot https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/67837/why-is-the-revenant-so-pathetic#latest

>

> OK so you do have something against me, in the topic you're linking you're saying that revenant is pathetic wich it's not and that's not my opinion, that's just fact. Any organized team runs one revenant and it's still very good in soloQ.

I understood you. You judge only by the title of the topic and then comment

> @"JayAction.9056" said:

> Title.

>

> Let’s be real. PvP is endgame in gw2.

>

> Can we get some fixes/trait changes/etc???

>

> I’d hate to have to look forward to an unannounced, assumed to be happening, third expansion for it to maybe get fixed.

>

> Is the state of Revenant OK with the developers?

>

> I don’t understand how hard it could be to implement things that are already present in game (adjusting rev features where needed) or changing the number values of things.

>

> I’d hate to have to join the bandwagon of badmouthing a game I actually enjoy playing.

>

Let's be real. Revenant has never been worth playing. Even the things about Revenant that are cool I hate because they feel shoe-horned into a class when they would fit better elsewhere.

I hate the class thematically, it feels completely lacking in theme. Rather than actually filling in a niche that Guild Wars 2's classes lacked, namely an Anti-Paladin / Blackguard / Death Knight, it's basically trying to be everything at once and just feels like a mess. Necromancers feel like necromancers. Thieves feel like thiefs. Warriors feel like warriors. Rangers feel like rangers. Revenants feel like some hideous hybrid of thief and warrior in terms of execution. "Enter the mists" skills like Phase Traversal, Death Strike, Unrelenting Assault just ripping off thief shadowsteps.

Even the fun stuff about the revenants, like a variety of individual skills that are fun to use, just feel like thief or warrior skills. Like Sword skills 3,4 and 5 would feel more exciting and fitting skills for an offhand sword thief Elite specialization.

It's always bummed me out that rather than give us a real class they basically threw all the leftovers from the fridge into a blender and made a smoothie out of it. And I'm not exactly interested in a salami, kiwi, apple, sour cream, sriracha sauce, yogurt, loaf of bread, onion and carrot smoothie.