This creeping silence is totally ruining the mood

Essie.6043

> @"Jski.6180" said:

> > @"TheOrlyFactor.8341" said:

> > > @"Jski.6180" said:

> > > So its official anet is out of ideal.

> > >

> > > https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/tame-the-warclaw/

> >

> > Posts like these are a shining example of why Anet rarely communicates with the community anymore.

>

> Because they cant take criticize? That not a good thing i mean its the internet your putting your "art" out there for all to see. If you keep going out of your way to simply forget what the ppl your working for are saying dont be shocked that things are going to be some what mean.

>

> This silence and not keeping up with the GW2 comuintly is a problem this is an example of it. Do not thing of it any other way.

"So its official anet is out of ideal."

That's not criticism. That's hyperbole.

I'm going to do you (and the rest of the forum for that matter) a huge favor and post this link on how to offer constructive criticism.

https://www.bustle.com/articles/165434-9-ways-to-give-constructive-criticism-that-are-actually-helpful

If this article isn't good enough for whatever reason, go to Google and type in "how to give constructive criticism" and you'll get a wealth of results on how to give constructive criticism. You're welcome.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > > Over the years of watching ANet, I'm generally more worried when they start talking. They aren't all that good at understanding what should be hyped and what they should leave well enough alone. They are really good at generating stuff that's worth my time, that's fun, and that seems to be fun for others, too.

> > >

> > > ANet isn't my friend; I don't care if they stop talking to me. I care about what they deliver.

> > >

> >

> > Its not a matter of anet being your friend or not, its about remembering this game exists or has a future and a direction more often than once every 3 months.

>

> They can't produce content very 3 months without remembering that the game has a future & a direction. I don't need them to say something to 'prove' their commitment; I want them to demonstrate their interest by delivering content, not by talking about it.

I want them to do both. I don't think that is unreasonable to be honest since they aren't mutually exclusive

> @"Randulf.7614" said:

> It has been that way for years. It is policy not to talk until ready to ship because a small handful ruined it for the rest of us by unfairly claiming broken promises.

when the game was launched with a game filled of broken claims, can you really blame them?

> @"TheOrlyFactor.8341" said:

> > @"Jski.6180" said:

> > > @"TheOrlyFactor.8341" said:

> > > > @"Jski.6180" said:

> > > > So its official anet is out of ideal.

> > > >

> > > > https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/tame-the-warclaw/

> > >

> > > Posts like these are a shining example of why Anet rarely communicates with the community anymore.

> >

> > Because they cant take criticize? That not a good thing i mean its the internet your putting your "art" out there for all to see. If you keep going out of your way to simply forget what the ppl your working for are saying dont be shocked that things are going to be some what mean.

> >

> > This silence and not keeping up with the GW2 comuintly is a problem this is an example of it. Do not thing of it any other way.

>

> "So its official anet is out of ideal."

>

> That's not criticism. That's hyperbole.

>

> I'm going to do you (and the rest of the forum for that matter) a huge favor and post this link on how to offer constructive criticism.

>

> https://www.bustle.com/articles/165434-9-ways-to-give-constructive-criticism-that-are-actually-helpful

>

> If this article isn't good enough for whatever reason, go to Google and type in "how to give constructive criticism" and you'll get a wealth of results on how to give constructive criticism. You're welcome.

That is only true if your dealing with reasonable ppl on all sides. Anet is going out of its way to simply do a PR of not talking at all and hope the bad press goes away. At a point saying the same things and suggestion of what to do and not what to do start to feel pointless as they may be reading such thing but in no way are the using any of it. This IS an example of it that i posted and the only thing you can say it well i guess they are out of ideals at this point.

With reference to original OP that is by now far above: For me personally, there are two aspects:

- I am part of the - rare? - persons who absolutely hate spoilers and get very frustrated when people start talking about what will come and know already all of it before it is even arrived.

- I hope for a break with nothing new for a while ( sorry, I know I am probably quite alone thinking this way :3 ), because I have tons of unfinished business, piling a bit more at each new LS episode. I feel relieved that nothing new happens for now, giving me a bit of time to catch back on my enormous delay. So, I enjoy the break and don't think at all about potential upcoming future. =)