Re-Links

devious.4605

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mag was a ghost town. I would be very surprised if Mag wasn't the lowest pop server pre BG link. So if BG actually needed a link, it shouldn't be surprising it was Mag.

Of course now that its linked with BG, you've got a bunch of transfers. I pug blobbed it on reset and Saturday and looked through the squad out of curiosity, easily 75% of the "Mag" players in squad were people I never saw before when Mag was linked with CD.

> @"OhHellzNo.1268" said:

> Mag was a ghost town. I would be very surprised if Mag wasn't the lowest pop server pre BG link. So if BG actually needed a link, it shouldn't be surprising it was Mag.

There are a bunch of servers that have been a ghost town for 3+ years, and none of them ever had the history that Mag did. Not to mention all the people that had alts there that will now pull them out of mothballs for this linking.

> @"Jura.2170" said:

> > @"SWI.4127" said:

> > Mag is a dead server basically

>

> Does Boars still play?

I don't actually play on mag very much (other than a few times on an alt), so I have no idea. I just know that all of their guilds left and most of their pugs left as well. FA is basically the "cloud" server now.

> @"Bristingr.5034" said:

> Any chance we can get a re-roll for TC? We have a lot of toxicity from several players and we're concerned it'll turn away the influx of new and casual players that we'll get this week... permanently.

The problem took care of itself for the most part as those problematic elements left for MaG.

> @"Kayowin.9217" said:

> > @"Bristingr.5034" said:

> > Any chance we can get a re-roll for TC? We have a lot of toxicity from several players and we're concerned it'll turn away the influx of new and casual players that we'll get this week... permanently.

>

> The problem took care of itself for the most part as those problematic elements left for MaG.

Indeed. Much more enjoyable now... especially since we're just getting bags after bags after bags this week from the failed double-teaming. :P (Even if Bay and Hills are lost in the process)

> @"shiri.4257" said:

> > @"Jura.2170" said:

> > > @"SWI.4127" said:

> > > Mag is a dead server basically

> >

> > Does Boars still play?

>

> He was the only reason to login for dailies.

You guys making me so nostalgic. I miss Mag. All I can think of is [DERP] castle, Xudad ktrains, macro spamming chat, Purrve afk tagged for hours at a time and Jak's squad full of pin snipers. Those were the best of times...

Now there's a little Mag in every server. Enough to annoy everyone, but not enough to be home ):

Would you like some cheese with your whine. BG gets 3 links total during the history of relinking and people loose their stuff. BG has been in t2 and I believe t3 for months before and will be again I expect. I agree that people think that BG gets an advantage from Anet. HOW? We are open for about 2 times a year usually for less than a day. How are we stacked? We have both hard and casual guilds, we fight and die. We spend sometimes a whole night to take one objective. We get mad and we get happy. Sort of sounds like other servers. As long as servers tank the week we will be in tier 1. Saying that we run from fights is amusing to me, at least in the guilds I am in its rare for us to run from the fights except when we are responding to something. It isn't fun to be steamrolled by others either, as for me I don't learn how to get better when that happens. I think linking with MAG is an early April Fools or at least a mistake, because of the history between us. I don't even know how they choose links, and I expect that BG and MAG wont be friends after, but maybe we can learn from each other. Maybe I am too optimistic about that.