Will mesmer ever be nerfed? Or will the class continue to be anet's favorite child?

Girth.9731

> @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > > @"Ziggityzog.7389" said:

> > > I know pvp is non competitive and has no chance of being that since season 5 or maybe pre HoT. If i don't see big changes to mesmer then I'm dropping my gw1 and gw2 hat off for Anthem the game that just came out.

> > Yeah lets all quit GW2 and go to Anthem with *amazing* competetive PvP.

>

> Might not be about the PvP...

I... would hope so.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Lincolnbeard.1735" said:

>

> >

> > > @"Lincolnbeard.1735" said:

> > > I'll repeat myself here but same threads same answers.

> > > The gold child is the **only ** profession on game that has been smiter's booned (EM).

> > >

> > > The fault that mirage is over performing is solely on the non-mesmer community.

> > > Confusion is op - Confusion got double nerf

> > > Vigor is op - Vigor got gutted

> > > EM is op - EM got smiter's booned

> > > Torch 4 is op - torch got nerfed

> > > BF is op - BF got nerfed

> > > Jaunt is op - jaunt got nerfed

> > > Portal is op - portal got trashed

> > >

> > > All these, including some other power mesmer cries, surprise surprise, affected more power than condi.

> > >

> > > To sum it up: want to cry - cry about how you and other thread spammers are clueless.

> >

> > To sum up:

> >

> > All things that were stupidly OP are now less stupidly OP. You think your class is in the gutter despite being very potent.

> >

> > Power mesmer could use some slight buffing, but condi mirage needs to be swatted.

>

> No, to sum up:

>All cries 'nerf this and mirage/mesmer is perfect' repeated all the time on every nerf was done .Condi mesmer is still op ,power getting nerfs all the time.

> 'Knowledgable community' knows whats up !/s

FTFY

> @"Multicolorhipster.9751" said:

> I personally think Mesmer is due for a buff as the most cyber-bullied class. I think if everyone was forced to play Mesmer then nobody would be able to criticize it.

>

> Side note: Nerf core thief/dd, Ele is fine, and all Warrior needs is a warhorn buff. Make warhorn great again!

Was Warhorn ever us2d in spvp lol?

> @"incisorr.9502" said:

> how many mesmers won the monthly AT?

>

> 0

>

> what about last month? 0 again

> and before that? 0

>

> delusions run strong

virtually every team has either mirage or chrono.

> @"Lincolnbeard.1735" said:

> I'll repeat myself here but same threads same answers.

> The gold child is the **only ** profession on game that has been smiter's booned (EM).

>

> The fault that mirage is over performing is solely on the non-mesmer community.

> Confusion is op - Confusion got double nerf

> Vigor is op - Vigor got gutted

> EM is op - EM got smiter's booned

> Torch 4 is op - torch got nerfed

> BF is op - BF got nerfed

> Jaunt is op - jaunt got nerfed

> Portal is op - portal got trashed

>

> All these, including some other power mesmer cries, surprise surprise, affected more power than condi.

>

> To sum it up: want to cry - cry about how you and other thread spammers are clueless.

>

>

right, so none of this is relevant unless you list all the other nerfs of all the other classes. its like saying mes got nerfed but but no one else did.

this is why plp hate mes and the pvp community in general: lies, deceit and intellectual dishonesty.

> @"NeedCoffee.1402" said:

> > @"incisorr.9502" said:

> > how many mesmers won the monthly AT?

> >

> > 0

> >

> > what about last month? 0 again

> > and before that? 0

> >

> > delusions run strong

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> virtually every team has either mirage or chrono.

>

> > @"Lincolnbeard.1735" said:

> > I'll repeat myself here but same threads same answers.

> > The gold child is the **only ** profession on game that has been smiter's booned (EM).

> >

> > The fault that mirage is over performing is solely on the non-mesmer community.

> > Confusion is op - Confusion got double nerf

> > Vigor is op - Vigor got gutted

> > EM is op - EM got smiter's booned

> > Torch 4 is op - torch got nerfed

> > BF is op - BF got nerfed

> > Jaunt is op - jaunt got nerfed

> > Portal is op - portal got trashed

> >

> > All these, including some other power mesmer cries, surprise surprise, affected more power than condi.

> >

> > To sum it up: want to cry - cry about how you and other thread spammers are clueless.

> >

> >

>

> right, so none of this is relevant unless you list all the other nerfs of all the other classes. its like saying mes got nerfed but but no one else did.

>

> this is why plp hate mes and the pvp community in general: lies, deceit and intellectual dishonesty.

Can you even read?

What part of none of the nerfs solve anything you didn't understand? Those nerfs hit power mirage and barely did anything to condi, which is the problem.

Power mirage isn't a problem.

As for the hate part, lul, you should hate your community who fails every single time to hit the right stuff that needs a nerf.

> > @"incisorr.9502" said:

> > how many mesmers won the monthly AT?

> >

> > 0

> >

> > what about last month? 0 again

> > and before that? 0

> >

> > delusions run strong

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> virtually every team has either mirage or chrono.

>

> > @"Lincolnbeard.1735" said:

> > I'll repeat myself here but same threads same answers.

> > The gold child is the **only ** profession on game that has been smiter's booned (EM).

> >

> > The fault that mirage is over performing is solely on the non-mesmer community.

> > Confusion is op - Confusion got double nerf

> > Vigor is op - Vigor got gutted

> > EM is op - EM got smiter's booned

> > Torch 4 is op - torch got nerfed

> > BF is op - BF got nerfed

> > Jaunt is op - jaunt got nerfed

> > Portal is op - portal got trashed

> >

> > All these, including some other power mesmer cries, surprise surprise, affected more power than condi.

> >

> > To sum it up: want to cry - cry about how you and other thread spammers are clueless.

> >

> >

>

> right, so none of this is relevant unless you list all the other nerfs of all the other classes. its like saying mes got nerfed but but no one else did.

>

> this is why plp hate mes and the pvp community in general: lies, deceit and intellectual dishonesty.

I think you should try and re-read what he wrote, as you didn't come close to even comprehending it.

I'll try putting it another way, as we have had this discussion in multiple threads already.

- The Mes community ( the ones that aren't completely dillusional) for the past year has basically laid out what was wrong with Mirage.

The Spvp community, instead diverted and cried about the exact opposite OR cried about something that was totally irrelevant.

Anet- Seeing all the cry threads about the wrong thing.

NERFED THE WRONG THING

for a year.

An entire year the issue of condi mirage wasn't even touched because we have people on this subforum saying things like " Nerf torch- then mirage will be fine" ( paraphrased but that is an actual post by person(s) who don't play mirage and dont even try to understand the issue).

Then portal with "mirage has too much mobility, if that's toned down it will be on an even playing field"

etc.

This is what lincoln was talking about. If people had instead read and followed the suggestions of the mesmers who identified the problem last year, condi mirage wouldnt be what it is today .......but.

This is the Spvp community.

So tuesday, when they (anet) nerf something other than the condition output of condi mirage.

And you continue to die due to being repeatedly loaded with conditions.

You guys will know who to thank.

> @"Solori.6025" said:

> > @"NeedCoffee.1402" said:

> > > @"incisorr.9502" said:

> > > how many mesmers won the monthly AT?

> > >

> > > 0

> > >

> > > what about last month? 0 again

> > > and before that? 0

> > >

> > > delusions run strong

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > virtually every team has either mirage or chrono.

> >

> > > @"Lincolnbeard.1735" said:

> > > I'll repeat myself here but same threads same answers.

> > > The gold child is the **only ** profession on game that has been smiter's booned (EM).

> > >

> > > The fault that mirage is over performing is solely on the non-mesmer community.

> > > Confusion is op - Confusion got double nerf

> > > Vigor is op - Vigor got gutted

> > > EM is op - EM got smiter's booned

> > > Torch 4 is op - torch got nerfed

> > > BF is op - BF got nerfed

> > > Jaunt is op - jaunt got nerfed

> > > Portal is op - portal got trashed

> > >

> > > All these, including some other power mesmer cries, surprise surprise, affected more power than condi.

> > >

> > > To sum it up: want to cry - cry about how you and other thread spammers are clueless.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > right, so none of this is relevant unless you list all the other nerfs of all the other classes. its like saying mes got nerfed but but no one else did.

> >

> > this is why plp hate mes and the pvp community in general: lies, deceit and intellectual dishonesty.

>

> I think you should try and re-read what he wrote, as you didn't come close to even comprehending it.

>

> I'll try putting it another way, as we have had this discussion in multiple threads already.

>

> - The Mes community ( the ones that aren't completely dillusional) for the past year has basically laid out what was wrong with Mirage.

> The Spvp community, instead diverted and cried about the exact opposite OR cried about something that was totally irrelevant.

> Anet- Seeing all the cry threads about the wrong thing.

> NERFED THE WRONG THING

> for a year.

> An entire year the issue of condi mirage wasn't even touched because we have people on this subforum saying things like " Nerf torch- then mirage will be fine" ( paraphrased but that is an actual post by person(s) who don't play mirage and dont even try to understand the issue).

> Then portal with "mirage has too much mobility, if that's toned down it will be on an even playing field"

> etc.

> This is what lincoln was talking about. If people had instead read and followed the suggestions of the mesmers who identified the problem last year, condi mirage wouldnt be what it is today .......but.

> This is the Spvp community.

> So tuesday, when they (anet) nerf something other than the condition output of condi mirage.

> And you continue to die due to being repeatedly loaded with conditions.

> You guys will know who to thank.

I reread everything. the lies/dishonesty is still there. all/most tourney teams have some type of mes. refering to one classes nerfs without acknowledging other nerfs is intellectual dishonesty. ill give you an example. Mes: cry, cry cry portal got nerfed. Spellbreaker: hold my beer, i got nerfed so hard i cant even fill the role i was intended for.

Mesmer, the profession that rewards failing. which is why the majority of Spvp hate it. The problem has been confusion, or i suppose you could say condition output. the whole fight vs a condition mesmer on a glass profession is "Will his Phantasms connect through a 1200 range teleport, which will apply enough confusion for me to one shot myself?" Mesmers all do the exact same thing over and over again (spam bots) . so there easy to avoid. there heat seeking missles on the other hand make for the most random fight in gw2.

Now i'm not asking to remove confusion, what i'm asking for is to remove all confusion on clones / phant (likes on axes of sum) and add what's removed to the player section of that skill. Being rewarded for playing like shit needs to go. (mesmer obviously are not the only ones that need to be targetted every pof spec is guilty).

The issue is it has a 1,000 ways to dodge or avoid damage but still apply mass amounts of life ending condi if you cant run quickly away.

It has the best of both worlds of offense and defense with no downside. Least with a burn guard if you go unblockable you can beat the 1,000 blocks. Mes needs to be toned down a bit.

> > @"Solori.6025" said:

> > > @"NeedCoffee.1402" said:

> > > > @"incisorr.9502" said:

> > > > how many mesmers won the monthly AT?

> > > >

> > > > 0

> > > >

> > > > what about last month? 0 again

> > > > and before that? 0

> > > >

> > > > delusions run strong

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > virtually every team has either mirage or chrono.

> > >

> > > > @"Lincolnbeard.1735" said:

> > > > I'll repeat myself here but same threads same answers.

> > > > The gold child is the **only ** profession on game that has been smiter's booned (EM).

> > > >

> > > > The fault that mirage is over performing is solely on the non-mesmer community.

> > > > Confusion is op - Confusion got double nerf

> > > > Vigor is op - Vigor got gutted

> > > > EM is op - EM got smiter's booned

> > > > Torch 4 is op - torch got nerfed

> > > > BF is op - BF got nerfed

> > > > Jaunt is op - jaunt got nerfed

> > > > Portal is op - portal got trashed

> > > >

> > > > All these, including some other power mesmer cries, surprise surprise, affected more power than condi.

> > > >

> > > > To sum it up: want to cry - cry about how you and other thread spammers are clueless.

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > right, so none of this is relevant unless you list all the other nerfs of all the other classes. its like saying mes got nerfed but but no one else did.

> > >

> > > this is why plp hate mes and the pvp community in general: lies, deceit and intellectual dishonesty.

> >

> > I think you should try and re-read what he wrote, as you didn't come close to even comprehending it.

> >

> > I'll try putting it another way, as we have had this discussion in multiple threads already.

> >

> > - The Mes community ( the ones that aren't completely dillusional) for the past year has basically laid out what was wrong with Mirage.

> > The Spvp community, instead diverted and cried about the exact opposite OR cried about something that was totally irrelevant.

> > Anet- Seeing all the cry threads about the wrong thing.

> > NERFED THE WRONG THING

> > for a year.

> > An entire year the issue of condi mirage wasn't even touched because we have people on this subforum saying things like " Nerf torch- then mirage will be fine" ( paraphrased but that is an actual post by person(s) who don't play mirage and dont even try to understand the issue).

> > Then portal with "mirage has too much mobility, if that's toned down it will be on an even playing field"

> > etc.

> > This is what lincoln was talking about. If people had instead read and followed the suggestions of the mesmers who identified the problem last year, condi mirage wouldnt be what it is today .......but.

> > This is the Spvp community.

> > So tuesday, when they (anet) nerf something other than the condition output of condi mirage.

> > And you continue to die due to being repeatedly loaded with conditions.

> > You guys will know who to thank.

>

>

> I reread everything. the lies/dishonesty is still there. all/most tourney teams have some type of mes. refering to one classes nerfs without acknowledging other nerfs is intellectual dishonesty. ill give you an example. Mes: cry, cry cry portal got nerfed. Spellbreaker: hold my beer, i got nerfed so hard i cant even fill the role i was intended for.

>

No, you didn't reread anything.

1 - It was incisor who talked about ATs not me.

2 - You still fail to realize what I said, even tho I explained it several times and Odik and Solori also did.

> @"MyPuppy.8970" said:

> it's already been nerfed many times

you're calling past and present states of it a nerf?

Gotta update the dictionary then to say nerf means buff, because as far as I can remember, Mesmers have always (not only) endured (but shined through) every so called nerf they received. At the beginning it always seemed like it will be difficult, then people always found ways to exploit it.

I consider the current state of it by far the absolute worst ever, right after the horrid near perma-stealth "one shot" power meta.

It's shameful many even equip it now. I so look down on everyone playing a Mirage (not mesmer in general) now, exploiting what is obviously broken and calling it skill. And pity those cowards. Yes you heard me.

> > @"will de grijze jager.6594" said:

> > > @"Rizigmar.2681" said:

> > > > The gold child is the **only ** profession on game that has been smiter's booned (EM).

> > > >

> > > > The fault that mirage is over performing is solely on the non-mesmer community.

> > > >

> > > > All these, including some other power mesmer cries, surprise surprise, affected more power than condi.

> > > >

> > > > To sum it up: want to cry - cry about how you and other thread spammers are clueless.

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > Yeah all these non-mesmer players need to s tfu and git gud, especially when they're lossing to the most nerfed class in all of GW2. Smh I swear these people are bullying our class because they don't like getting destroyed in style, on top of skillful gameplay. KEEP CRYING SCRUBS.

> >

> > We were talking about mesmer not thief. If you have played the game form the beta, you know thief has been nerfed more then mesmer.

>

> The biggest nerf to thief was the removal of Ricochet...

> It was fun

look at all the patches also form around the start and belief me every patch they did get hit.

> @"Rizigmar.2681" said:

> > > @"Rizigmar.2681" said:

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > Yeah all these non-mesmer players need to s tfu and git gud, especially when they're lossing to the most nerfed class in all of GW2. Smh I swear these people are bullying our class because they don't like getting destroyed in style, on top of skillful gameplay. KEEP CRYING SCRUBS.

> >

> > We were talking about mesmer not thief. If you have played the game form the beta, you know thief has been nerfed more then mesmer.

>

> Not after our beloved portal nerf, Mr. six years meta. I'm talking about mesmer, as you can clearly see I typed style and skillful gameplay. Thief doesn't have style, he's the edgy goth kid in black sitting in the corner with their necro girlfriend. Don't get me started on -"SKILLFUL" gameplay.

I don't care about both classes mesmer and theif are both not skillful. Anyone who claims it doesn't play the same game. A thief player atleast doesn't use AI and you need some kind of skill to not die instand on them. mirage you don't even need to know how the class works and you can win from people ez. Enoy your day ^^

> @"Girth.9731" said:

> Does the head of the balance team play mesmer or something?

I'll never get these "Favorite child" remarks when historically mesmer was not all that favored, and under-performed to where pro players ran thief in tournaments instead of mesmer; and there was massive dev bias against it. Until HoT dropped (or arguably the specialization re-work and even then) mesmer was taken for portal. After Chronobunk was nerfed (only allowed to live 1 season, and rightfully so) it was taken for portal and double moa until PoF.

Also unless something has changed within the past year the same lead of the 'balance team' is also the designer of Guard and Thief. As far as I'm aware it's been this way since release.

Incidentally, Guard is a good Mes counter, and DD can evade more and doesn't rely on setting up illusions, or obvious tells to do damage and both can ignore walls lol.

I'm not going to say "L2P", but I do get a feeling a lot of people are unaware of or forget the basic concepts for dealing with Mesmers:

* "Condi spam" - This is currently a bit oppressive from certain condi-Mirage builds, but condi-cleanse and resistance are also through the roof right now. People just seldom put it into their builds and RIP when they get condi bombed.

* "Clone spam" - Unlike pets and minions, clones are paper. They pop with most AOEs, cleaves, and auto-attacks. Swatting them will not only hamper the Mesmer's damage output, it'll make it easier to focus on the real Mesmer.

* "Can't find/target the real Mesmer" - See above. Also: amateur/sloppy Mesmers (there are a lot of them these days jumping on the bandwagon or trying to "see what the fuss is about") aren't so good at hiding among their clones by keeping still. They run and hop around like they're playing Holo or War. Use that to your advantage. As for stomps: Don't try to stomp when the Mes first goes down; just keep hitting them. After they stealth/port, the second downed Mesmer that appears is the real one. 100% every time. The inexperienced will fall for the decoy. Those who know how this works, won't. Perfect example of a micro "L2P" issue.

There are many more tips from much better players than me, but I think these are some of the key basics. Other than maybe condi application getting toned down (which would be the right nerf), I don't think these mechanics will change with tomorrow's balance patch.

> @"will de grijze jager.6594" said:

> > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > > @"will de grijze jager.6594" said:

> > > > @"Rizigmar.2681" said:

> > > > > @"Lincolnbeard.1735" said:

> > > > > I'll repeat myself here but same threads same answers.

> > > > > The gold child is the **only ** profession on game that has been smiter's booned (EM).

> > > > >

> > > > > The fault that mirage is over performing is solely on the non-mesmer community.

> > > > > Confusion is op - Confusion got double nerf

> > > > > Vigor is op - Vigor got gutted

> > > > > EM is op - EM got smiter's booned

> > > > > Torch 4 is op - torch got nerfed

> > > > > BF is op - BF got nerfed

> > > > > Jaunt is op - jaunt got nerfed

> > > > > Portal is op - portal got trashed

> > > > >

> > > > > All these, including some other power mesmer cries, surprise surprise, affected more power than condi.

> > > > >

> > > > > To sum it up: want to cry - cry about how you and other thread spammers are clueless.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Yeah all these non-mesmer players need to s tfu and git gud, especially when they're lossing to the most nerfed class in all of GW2. Smh I swear these people are bullying our class because they don't like getting destroyed in style, on top of skillful gameplay. KEEP CRYING SCRUBS.

> > >

> > > We were talking about mesmer not thief. If you have played the game form the beta, you know thief has been nerfed more then mesmer.

> >

> > The biggest nerf to thief was the removal of Ricochet...

> > It was fun

> look at all the patches also form around the start and belief me every patch they did get hit.

at game release thief was hit pretty hard but I also remember being able to spam 9k heartseekers

> > > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > > > @"will de grijze jager.6594" said:

> > > > > @"Rizigmar.2681" said:

> > > > > > @"Lincolnbeard.1735" said:

> > > > > > I'll repeat myself here but same threads same answers.

> > > > > > The gold child is the **only ** profession on game that has been smiter's booned (EM).

> > > > > >

> > > > > > The fault that mirage is over performing is solely on the non-mesmer community.

> > > > > > Confusion is op - Confusion got double nerf

> > > > > > Vigor is op - Vigor got gutted

> > > > > > EM is op - EM got smiter's booned

> > > > > > Torch 4 is op - torch got nerfed

> > > > > > BF is op - BF got nerfed

> > > > > > Jaunt is op - jaunt got nerfed

> > > > > > Portal is op - portal got trashed

> > > > > >

> > > > > > All these, including some other power mesmer cries, surprise surprise, affected more power than condi.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > To sum it up: want to cry - cry about how you and other thread spammers are clueless.

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Yeah all these non-mesmer players need to s tfu and git gud, especially when they're lossing to the most nerfed class in all of GW2. Smh I swear these people are bullying our class because they don't like getting destroyed in style, on top of skillful gameplay. KEEP CRYING SCRUBS.

> > > >

> > > > We were talking about mesmer not thief. If you have played the game form the beta, you know thief has been nerfed more then mesmer.

> > >

> > > The biggest nerf to thief was the removal of Ricochet...

> > > It was fun

> > look at all the patches also form around the start and belief me every patch they did get hit.

>

> at game release thief was hit pretty hard but I also remember being able to spam 9k heartseekers

that is true that is why they hit them every patch XD

> @"Twilight Tempest.7584" said:

> I'm not going to say "L2P", but I do get a feeling a lot of people are unaware of or forget the basic concepts for dealing with Mesmers:

>

> * "Condi spam" - This is currently a bit oppressive from certain condi-Mirage builds, but condi-cleanse and resistance are also through the roof right now. People just seldom put it into their builds and RIP when they get condi bombed.

> * "Clone spam" - Unlike pets and minions, clones are paper. They pop with most AOEs, cleaves, and auto-attacks. Swatting them will not only hamper the Mesmer's damage output, it'll make it easier to focus on the real Mesmer.

> * "Can't find/target the real Mesmer" - See above. Also: amateur/sloppy Mesmers (there are a lot of them these days jumping on the bandwagon or trying to "see what the fuss is about") aren't so good at hiding among their clones by keeping still. They run and hop around like they're playing Holo or War. Use that to your advantage. As for stomps: Don't try to stomp when the Mes first goes down; just keep hitting them. After they stealth/port, the second downed Mesmer that appears is the real one. 100% every time. The inexperienced will fall for the decoy. Those who know how this works, won't. Perfect example of a micro "L2P" issue.

>

> There are many more tips from much better players than me, but I think these are some of the key basics. Other than maybe condi application getting toned down (which would be the right nerf), I don't think these mechanics will change with tomorrow's balance patch.

Besides that, the issue is that matchs are too dependent on mesmers. If it was from a 1v1 point of view, mirage has surely a few issues, but that's it. Unfortunately, this is a 5v5. There are too many matchs involving 2 mirages on both sides( + necros ), and if my mirages cannot win their 1v1's, the match usually ends into a lose, regardless on how i'm performing.

> @"Abazigal.3679" said:

> > @"Twilight Tempest.7584" said:

> > I'm not going to say "L2P", but I do get a feeling a lot of people are unaware of or forget the basic concepts for dealing with Mesmers:

> >

> > * "Condi spam" - This is currently a bit oppressive from certain condi-Mirage builds, but condi-cleanse and resistance are also through the roof right now. People just seldom put it into their builds and RIP when they get condi bombed.

> > * "Clone spam" - Unlike pets and minions, clones are paper. They pop with most AOEs, cleaves, and auto-attacks. Swatting them will not only hamper the Mesmer's damage output, it'll make it easier to focus on the real Mesmer.

> > * "Can't find/target the real Mesmer" - See above. Also: amateur/sloppy Mesmers (there are a lot of them these days jumping on the bandwagon or trying to "see what the fuss is about") aren't so good at hiding among their clones by keeping still. They run and hop around like they're playing Holo or War. Use that to your advantage. As for stomps: Don't try to stomp when the Mes first goes down; just keep hitting them. After they stealth/port, the second downed Mesmer that appears is the real one. 100% every time. The inexperienced will fall for the decoy. Those who know how this works, won't. Perfect example of a micro "L2P" issue.

> >

> > There are many more tips from much better players than me, but I think these are some of the key basics. Other than maybe condi application getting toned down (which would be the right nerf), I don't think these mechanics will change with tomorrow's balance patch.

>

> Besides that, the issue is that matchs are too dependent on mesmers. If it was from a 1v1 point of view, mirage has surely a few issues, but that's it. Unfortunately, this is a 5v5. There are too many matchs involving 2 mirages on both sides( + necros ), and if my mirages cannot win their 1v1's, the match usually ends into a lose, regardless on how i'm performing.

That's interesting because those in [this](https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/69382/thief-hate/p1 "this") discussion suggest matches turn on which team has the better thief. Since both professions are usually responsible for side nodes (albeit in different manners), and this requires additional skills beyond combat such as map awareness, I suppose it makes sense that both can have extra influence on match outcome, for better or worse. I do think map awareness, rotation, and knowing when to engage and disengage is more impactful than 1v1 prowess though.

> @"Flandre.2870" said:

> only thing that needs to be nerfed is scepter block (increase cd by like 6 sec), secpter 3 ( lower dmg down the line) and chaos traitline just add more icd on kitten then its fine

I have no idea what skills Mirage has but I feel like it has too many ways to avoid damage and I think those skills need adjusting