Don't Cancel Super Adventure Box!

> @"Danikat.8537" said:

> > @"TexZero.7910" said:

> > > @"cptaylor.2670" said:

> > > Especially given how unlikely it would be either way to get new worlds, which they've pretty much repeatedly stated wasn't even on the table.

> >

> > Let this be a reminder that sitting in chairs was our last "SAB" update. By that i mean they took the festival team off SAB to give us that instead.

> >

> > Shows how little they care about SAB despite the fandom it has.

>

> I don't think that's how it works. You're right that the ability to sit in chairs was added in April but I think that's because it was finished shortly before then and they decided it would make a good April Fools 'joke' since it's a fairly minor change players kept asking for, so it would be funny to massively over-hype it as if it was the best thing ever.

>

> But I doubt they have a dedicated team of people who spend all their time working on festivals, or that they'd also do the April Fools updates. I've always been under the impression that Anet's teams are more like project teams at my work - where people come and go as needed based on their skills and can be in multiple teams at the same time, or none if their work is more wide-ranging.

They do have a festivals team and they've stated that they took that team to make the chair update. It's in one of the Q&A's.

> @"TexZero.7910" said:

> > @"Danikat.8537" said:

> > > @"TexZero.7910" said:

> > > > @"cptaylor.2670" said:

> > > > Especially given how unlikely it would be either way to get new worlds, which they've pretty much repeatedly stated wasn't even on the table.

> > >

> > > Let this be a reminder that sitting in chairs was our last "SAB" update. By that i mean they took the festival team off SAB to give us that instead.

> > >

> > > Shows how little they care about SAB despite the fandom it has.

> >

> > I don't think that's how it works. You're right that the ability to sit in chairs was added in April but I think that's because it was finished shortly before then and they decided it would make a good April Fools 'joke' since it's a fairly minor change players kept asking for, so it would be funny to massively over-hype it as if it was the best thing ever.

> >

> > But I doubt they have a dedicated team of people who spend all their time working on festivals, or that they'd also do the April Fools updates. I've always been under the impression that Anet's teams are more like project teams at my work - where people come and go as needed based on their skills and can be in multiple teams at the same time, or none if their work is more wide-ranging.

>

> They do have a festivals team and they've stated that they took that team to make the chair update. It's in one of the Q&A's.

Yeah i think its the same as the current events team. CATS I think the team is nicknamed

> @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > > @"AliamRationem.5172" said:

> > > It's actually harder in a party because everyone has to make it through the challenges. In fact, on tribulation mode you can't activate a checkpoint without all players in the party present! But it can be a lot of fun listening to everyone flip out when they miss a jump, sharing each other's pain! LoL

> >

> > Each year, I keep telling myself to finally play SAB properly and try tribulation mode and do the achievements - but I always get demotivated by the whole thing quickly. (I don't care about the skins, as I'd never use any of them, but I am a completionist and would like to finish this at least once as well.)

> >

> > Any advice?

>

> I am EXACTLY the same. I don't think I've progressed at all since the re-release of it. And yet I get excited every year...

It me! I love it even if I suck at it.

> @"Haleydawn.3764" said:

> > @"Ayakaru.6583" said:

> > > @"Haleydawn.3764" said:

> > > > @"TheQuickFox.3826" said:

> > > > Sab World 3 and 4 releases already were questionable before the NCSoft news.

> > >

> > > Unfortunatley :disappointed:

> >

> > Fortunately :)

>

> Lucky for you, SAB is a totally optional part of the game!

> Thank u, next.

Not quite, though, the gliders, the minis, the boomboxes.

You cant imagine how happy I was when no SAB mounts were announced

The accursed content follows me everywhere.

Last year it made me actually quit for a week or two until everyone toned the noise down again

> @"Ayakaru.6583" said:

> > @"Haleydawn.3764" said:

> > > @"Ayakaru.6583" said:

> > > > @"Haleydawn.3764" said:

> > > > > @"TheQuickFox.3826" said:

> > > > > Sab World 3 and 4 releases already were questionable before the NCSoft news.

> > > >

> > > > Unfortunatley :disappointed:

> > >

> > > Fortunately :)

> >

> > Lucky for you, SAB is a totally optional part of the game!

> > Thank u, next.

>

> Not quite, though, the gliders, the minis, the boomboxes.

> You cant imagine how happy I was when no SAB mounts were announced

> The accursed content follows me everywhere.

> Last year it made me actually quit for a week or two until everyone toned the noise down again

I never understood why people hated SAB, it really just seems like a grumpy fun-hating opinion.

> @"Thundabolt.8541" said:

> > @"Ayakaru.6583" said:

> > > @"Haleydawn.3764" said:

> > > > @"Ayakaru.6583" said:

> > > > > @"Haleydawn.3764" said:

> > > > > > @"TheQuickFox.3826" said:

> > > > > > Sab World 3 and 4 releases already were questionable before the NCSoft news.

> > > > >

> > > > > Unfortunatley :disappointed:

> > > >

> > > > Fortunately :)

> > >

> > > Lucky for you, SAB is a totally optional part of the game!

> > > Thank u, next.

> >

> > Not quite, though, the gliders, the minis, the boomboxes.

> > You cant imagine how happy I was when no SAB mounts were announced

> > The accursed content follows me everywhere.

> > Last year it made me actually quit for a week or two until everyone toned the noise down again

>

> I never understood why people hated SAB, it really just seems like a grumpy fun-hating opinion.

I’m on the opposite side, I never understood how people can enjoy SAB when its only noises.

Its not grumpy fun-hating, its more like its the sum of everything I would dislike.

Awful music and sfx made of beebing noises. If I wanted to listen to that I could just turn on my radio alarm.

And the artsyle is a perversion of the old 16bit, but its 3d and and HD, so instead of looking retro it just looks off.

Since SAB is an annual event, not really sure how it could be cancelled whether the dev who mainly worked/built it is gone or not (which is a very sad thing to hear none the less). Though this pretty much puts a can on getting a world 3 ever, which is most likely the biggest thing, as far as SAB goes anyhow.

> @"Thundabolt.8541" said:

> I never understood why people hated SAB, it really just seems like a grumpy fun-hating opinion.

That's nonsense. If people "hate" anything, that's the items that can be used outside of SAB. They break the immersion and also annoy the heck out of people (visually, but mostly audibly).

> @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > @"Thundabolt.8541" said:

> > I never understood why people hated SAB, it really just seems like a grumpy fun-hating opinion.

>

> That's nonsense. If people "hate" anything, that's the items that can be used outside of SAB. They break the immersion and also annoy the heck out of people (visually, but mostly audibly).

And the talking backpack golem and the constant dinging of the wintersday mini golem isn't immersion breaking and annoying?

Sab itself is great. (Not speaking of items, gizmos, weapons etc) But for people like me that love that minigame, festival, call it whatever you want even 8bit nightmare.... we should have seen w3 and w4, it's untolerable not having them after 6y. I want to save Miya and earn the supprah reward: Miya outfit with 10 000 baubles.

But what is the saddest is that asuran worker hitting with his hammer on the Polymock's asuran gate for 6y now too, that's another story.

> @"Jura.2170" said:

> > @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > They break the immersion and also annoy the heck out of people (visually, but mostly audibly)

>

> What about legendary weapons?

Same with many, I have reskinned a big portion of mine (some because of the noise, yes). But that's a different topic, no? At least, the legendaries don't look like old computer graphics, so they are to be considered less "immersion-breaking."