super displeased with ncsoft

Opopanax.1803

NC-Soft likely doesn't care, sadly. Their most influential owner is the RoK National Pension Service, which only cares about returns to pay for its retirees. Although recently the founder and CEO Taek Jin Kim became the biggest single owner at 12%. Since NC-Soft had a bad quarter, they were pressured by their shareholders and just passed that pressure on to their subsidiaries.

And it wasn't just Gaile, Arenanet lost around 36% of their employees. This is a pretty big hit, even when you have 250 employees remaining. They will recover, but this hurts. We need someone, who can step in and fill the Gaile shaped hole in this forum. Someone needs to become a worthy successor for people like Matthew Medina, Josh Foreman and around 140 other employees. And I'm sure Arenanet has the talented people to do so, but for the moment everyone is in shock.

Here's the real bit of evil genius: all this protesting, fit-throwing, and boycotting of NCSoft products due to mistreatment of ArenaNet staff? means ArenaNet and GW2 will underperform, and therefore be targeted by further "budget cuts".

Spend money or don't, that's up to you, but don't think for one second that a boycott will hurt anyone you want it to. Executives don't suffer for their decisions when they have perfectly good employees to fire.

> @"Opopanax.1803" said:> You cut josh foreman and gaile gray. I get they were paid more, but they were also important experienced staff.> > I can no longer support ncsoft in good faith when you treat employee pillars like this.

> @"Angel.6085" said:> Getting rid of Gaile Gray was a huge mistake. She was probably one of the only people left at that company that could actually be trusted 100%. Removing the middle man between the consumer and the company is such a terrible decision.

Firstly, before you start pointing fingers, I suggest you watch these videos from Wooden Potatohttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BQhXpeT4cohttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCg_D3bRn94https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lw9-vIJIxI0Not all employees were terminated, some people volunteered to leave to ensure their colleagues will continue to have a job

Secondly, your thinking is too naive, running of a company is extremely complexas a business owner, their highest priority is to ensure keeping the company afloat by whatever meansas WP said in his videos, when GW2 launched Anet only had over a hundred employees,just last year along the company went on a hiring spree, swelling the headcount to over 400, like around 100, this is a massive number within a short time... and funnelling earnings from GW2 into R&D on multiple unannounced projectswhat NCSoft did was stepping in and said "hey guys, you are burning through way too much money, you will not be able to sustain yourself if you keep on going on like this"NCSoft may have just saved Anet from falling off a cliff

when Anet is back to be more financially stable and able to expand a bit more, maybe we may see some returning faces

to those calling out boycottingAnet and NCSoft do not pull money out from the void, anyone that is calling out **"BOYCOTT"** is **NOT** helping Anet at all, instead making thing worse, and Anet will need to layoff more staff

Also their fault for not listening to the WvW community and PvP community. Almost no communications between devs and players.

I'm also very dissapointed in how they don't punish people who use PvP exploting software to port around and other things that gives them an advantage in the battlefield.

> @"judgebeo.3976" said:

> > @"Opopanax.1803" said:

> > You cut josh foreman and gaile gray. I get they were paid more, but they were also important experienced staff.

> >

> > I can no longer support ncsoft in good faith when you treat employee pillars like this.

>

> im pretty sure NCSOFT didnt choose who is getting fired from anet.

> Anyway, dont forget the devs come from ANET, not NCSOFT, if anet is not managing their revenue correctly, or GW2 is not getting properly developed and, cause that, got a reduction of playerbase, NCSOFT is not responsible of that... is ANET...

>

> none of us knows what really is happening there, so, blaming NCSOFT without any knowledge? whats next? a witch hunt? we all went/go to school and got brain enough to dont go mad and blaming someone without knowing anything.

Blame or not, NCsoft is the one "restructuring" with people losing jobs as a result. No grace period, within one week, the company had to lay off people.

At best NCsoft is mismanaging just as badly as ArenaNet is using their funding. It is not a good sign at all if NCsoft decided to take such drastic, barely planned actions. How can anyone invest securely in NCsoft if they make drastic decisions and changes in a week to week basis.

"Oh their monthly number is down this month, lets just give them less food."

So while ArenaNet might have been mismanaging, it doesnt seem at all like NCsoft has a structural plan of action, but rather take drastic actions in the hope of instant results, rather than cultivating a longterm stable profitable company.

> @"FrizzFreston.5290" said:

> > @"judgebeo.3976" said:

> > > @"Opopanax.1803" said:

> > > You cut josh foreman and gaile gray. I get they were paid more, but they were also important experienced staff.

> > >

> > > I can no longer support ncsoft in good faith when you treat employee pillars like this.

> >

> > im pretty sure NCSOFT didnt choose who is getting fired from anet.

> > Anyway, dont forget the devs come from ANET, not NCSOFT, if anet is not managing their revenue correctly, or GW2 is not getting properly developed and, cause that, got a reduction of playerbase, NCSOFT is not responsible of that... is ANET...

> >

> > none of us knows what really is happening there, so, blaming NCSOFT without any knowledge? whats next? a witch hunt? we all went/go to school and got brain enough to dont go mad and blaming someone without knowing anything.

>

> Blame or not, NCsoft is the one "restructuring" with people losing jobs as a result. No grace period, within one week, the company had to lay off people.

>

> At best NCsoft is mismanaging just as badly as ArenaNet is using their funding. It is not a good sign at all if NCsoft decided to take such drastic, barely planned actions. How can anyone invest securely in NCsoft if they make drastic decisions and changes in a week to week basis.

>

> "Oh their monthly number is down this month, lets just give them less food."

>

> So while ArenaNet might have been mismanaging, it doesnt seem at all like NCsoft has a structural plan of action, but rather take drastic actions in the hope of instant results, rather than cultivating a longterm stable profitable company.

their plan was to reduce the payroll...they fired some people, and look and behold...they got the instant results, they wanted

looks pretty simple to me

and FYI, longterm, stable companies dont lie and steal from their customers

> @"crepuscular.9047" said:

> to those calling out boycotting

>

> Anet and NCSoft do not pull money out from the void, anyone that is calling out **"BOYCOTT"** is **NOT** helping Anet at all, instead making thing worse, and Anet will need to layoff more staff

>

someone in reddit say this to me when i say business will..blah blah

he/she comment on me along the line of don't bother, ppl in this reddit believe businesses run by hugs and cuddles

u can say the same for gw2 forums

not everyone here are working adults or working in decent sized companies

> > @"Opopanax.1803" said:

> > You cut josh foreman and gaile gray. I get they were paid more, but they were also important experienced staff.

> >

> > I can no longer support ncsoft in good faith when you treat employee pillars like this.

I have been following Josh and his wife. wonderful people. very sad that this happen to them. I honestly hope the industry will do something to help them to get back up soon. his work in GW has been part of our lives. very sad to see him leave arena family. my heart truly broken.

it is just not right to layoff the senior employee, not saying Josh but all others employee that has been in the arena family for such such a long time. its like getting a divorce. isn't something easy to deal with. Hope NCsoft knows what this has done to people's life, those decision makers.

> @"battledrone.8315" said:

> > @"FrizzFreston.5290" said:

> > > @"judgebeo.3976" said:

> > > > @"Opopanax.1803" said:

> > > > You cut josh foreman and gaile gray. I get they were paid more, but they were also important experienced staff.

> > > >

> > > > I can no longer support ncsoft in good faith when you treat employee pillars like this.

> > >

> > > im pretty sure NCSOFT didnt choose who is getting fired from anet.

> > > Anyway, dont forget the devs come from ANET, not NCSOFT, if anet is not managing their revenue correctly, or GW2 is not getting properly developed and, cause that, got a reduction of playerbase, NCSOFT is not responsible of that... is ANET...

> > >

> > > none of us knows what really is happening there, so, blaming NCSOFT without any knowledge? whats next? a witch hunt? we all went/go to school and got brain enough to dont go mad and blaming someone without knowing anything.

> >

> > Blame or not, NCsoft is the one "restructuring" with people losing jobs as a result. No grace period, within one week, the company had to lay off people.

> >

> > At best NCsoft is mismanaging just as badly as ArenaNet is using their funding. It is not a good sign at all if NCsoft decided to take such drastic, barely planned actions. How can anyone invest securely in NCsoft if they make drastic decisions and changes in a week to week basis.

> >

> > "Oh their monthly number is down this month, lets just give them less food."

> >

> > So while ArenaNet might have been mismanaging, it doesnt seem at all like NCsoft has a structural plan of action, but rather take drastic actions in the hope of instant results, rather than cultivating a longterm stable profitable company.

>

> their plan was to reduce the payroll...they fired some people, and look and behold...they got the instant results, they wanted

> looks pretty simple to me

> and FYI, longterm, stable companies dont lie and steal from their customers

>

It is as simple as using a wreckingball to level the half-built new wing attached to your house. Especially when, per your opinion, both structures are in a bad shape.

Instant results indeed.

> @"SkyShroud.2865" said:

> > @"Blude.6812" said:

> > > @"HardRider.2980" said:

> > > No Josh.. No more SAB....

> >

> > Ya really need to keep up with Anet conversations " and the return of the Super Adventure Festival is imminent. " https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/69872/update-from-the-guild-wars-2-team/p1

>

> He meant the completion of SAB series. The current SAB isn't complete.

AH I see, that is just a waste of time an resources then.

> @"Substance E.4852" said:

> > @"HardRider.2980" said:

> > No Josh.. No more SAB....

>

> Anet spending resources on side projects instead of the core game is why this happened in the first place.

SAB is part of the core game.. Its no different that LS episodes.

I don't always PvE but when I do it's because I'm in SAB.