I love this digital drug, and I hope it will continue to grow for years.

Dzonyss.3617

I think GW 2 is an fanthastic game, with excelent combat, best mounts in any mmo, Great story, Great graphics, Excelent soundtrack, Fashion wars is great, THE BEST BUSSINESS MODEL, I can just go on and on.. I think gw 2 deserve so much more than it's getting. I don't like the bad news from big brother NCsoft, I mean like what the hell, who likes playing games for hours on their mobile? I played linage mobile, and it's so bad that I rather do my math homework. It's just a click game when you atotarget and collect rewards, no fun. I believe in you Arena net that you figure somthing out, We are in the top 10 most populated best mmo, (maye even top 3). Finger crossed and good luck to DEVS who were layed off, I love you work guys, your art, keep going strong! I'm going to stop smoking and instead I will start buying gems, because I rather invest in something that I love!

Honestly, in regards to your title, I think "drug" was pretty much the intention of development behind many of the past years of World of Warcraft. It shifted from people being passionate about the game and more about maintaining supply of the drug, and relying on people's addiction to the game itself.

Honestly, I feel like that's kind of the direction this game was heading with the somewhat erratic updates, maps not having as much replayability as some of the others. I feel like that addiction factor is pretty much what they wanted to start relying on when they started putting most of their focus on the other projects. Not sure what that says about the ones in charge of making those decisions, but it doesn't feel like they were overly passionate about this game.

Maybe the ones left working solely on Guild Wars 2 were the ones remaining that were truly passionate about this game and why it's even maintained what it has with the reduction. Not sure what will happen now that many of those people might not even be there anymore.