A lot keep wanting an expansion. What would you even want in it?

1. Build templates

2. New guild content (missions+ guild upgrades)

3. Chef and jewelry crafting at 500

4. An expansion wide upgradable armor in the form of season 4 episode 4. (Now if they want to monetize it, they could bring player housing with some gemstore skins to decorate the place)

When it comes to general content in the next expansion (if there is one), take the best out of HoT and and PoF with higher general difficulty (build templates are there for you): it is cool that there is bounties but it shouldn’t be only about them and it would have been cool if it gave some replay ability outside of some lucrative gold sink (which PoF doesn’t even provide) like guild or personal instances focused goals.

It was cool that HoT provided lucrative replayable metas but it shouldn’t have been only about that and in some way PoF had the major advantage to ease in new players with hearts and events.

Now if they could bring what I suggested in some Canthan settings, that would be even more awesome.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like home instance to be customizable (small version of player housing)

New playable race with their own home city and small story.

New elite specs.

Build templates

4-5 new maps to explore.

new minis to collect.

I personally expect only 3 of these to be deliverable via living story. New race, housing and elite specs are too large a content drop to reasonably be expected for a free patch.

Thats why I really hope expansions continue. Even if the expanion doesnt provide housing and race, it would give something of similar size and depth.

> @"Blueberry.8095" said:

> - Add Ghost pepper home node.

We have this already:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ghost_Pepper_Harvesting_Node

As for my wishes:

1 - Cantha would be nice from a nostalgic point of view, and maybe the Kurzick and Luxon lands could contain open-world pvp stuff in it akin to the old feuds from GW1 (though I understand the Kurzicks and Luxons were massacred/assimilated following GW1). As long as there was the option to decline challenges.

2 - If there was a new profession, here's an interesting take on dervish (and I suspect it would be unworkable, but regardless....) - it can be any armour weight, and the armour weight worn dictates what weapon skills you have (i.e. wearing light gives you one set of weapon skills, but switching to medium or heavy gives you a different set). You can swap weapons in combat, but armour can only be swapped out of combat.

3 - If the Jade Sea has melted, I'd love to see a set of large maps with underwater content.

4 - Player housing would be great and would probably be the best idea regarding continuing money-earners in terms of skins, supported by a new crafting profession (woodworking).

5 - Build templates, GvG (even though they should have been in the games since day 1!).

> @"MetalGirl.2370" said:

> Honestly, I'd pay £30 just for them to patch in like 50 hairs or so. I'm desperate.

> Oh, and a cat skin for jackal.

I think the cat skins will be given to the Warclaw now. lool I'm hoping for a pretty Bengal, lion, jaguar, and a star one that I can dye bright pink!

Proper housing, bard elite spec, some GD balance design consistency with mesmer, revival of dungeons (fight me), MORE CANACH, and some kind of freaking closure for my boi malyck.

Honestly I like the dragons and wouldn't mind seeing a norn expansion tackling jormag, or an asuran/dwarf expansion tackling primordus, or even a super trippy weird expansion tacking bubbles! (please be lovecraftian, please be lovecraftian). Like I don't care if we kill them or not, but I really like how they've been handling kralk, and how they handled mordremoth with the sylvari (not so much the conclusion though), I just want to explore their characters more!

> @"Teratus.2859" said:

> Cantha obviously but there's a lot of setup to go before it can be justified.

>

> I don't really care atm where the next expansion takes us so long as Kralkatorrik dies in it :D

So Picture this if you will. Ole Kralky is flying around being all jerkish and such, And now boom!! we smack the crap out of him, he falls into the sea with a resounding explosion, there is a great earthquake in the sea and...... What is that? the top of Giant box? A trash pile? No better, it is the top of a building...... and More and more becomes visible, and it rises more and more, and a party member turns and says: "Oh it is just a Pile of trash nevermind" then someone says, "NO! It is Kaineng City!!!!" City in which you respond, "Yes we know, It's a pile of trash, just very organized!" And boom, the Cantha Expac!!

> @"cptaylor.2670" said:

> > @"MetalGirl.2370" said:

> > Honestly, I'd pay £30 just for them to patch in like 50 hairs or so. I'm desperate.

> > Oh, and a cat skin for jackal.

>

> I think the cat skins will be given to the Warclaw now. lool I'm hoping for a pretty Bengal, lion, jaguar, and a star one that I can dye bright pink!

I know it will, said the same to my bf. I'm pretty pissed off about it tho, because even tho I do loads of wvw, i won't be mounted as much as i am in pve. I'd rather buy the skin that I get to see more. :(

> @"Dimi Gravedancer.1463" said:

> > @"Teratus.2859" said:

> > Cantha obviously but there's a lot of setup to go before it can be justified.

> >

> > I don't really care atm where the next expansion takes us so long as Kralkatorrik dies in it :D

>

> So Picture this if you will. Ole Kralky is flying around being all jerkish and such, And now boom!! we smack the kitten out of him, he falls into the sea with a resounding explosion, there is a great earthquake in the sea and...... What is that? the top of Giant box? A trash pile? No better, it is the top of a building...... and More and more becomes visible, and it rises more and more, and a party member turns and says: "Oh it is just a Pile of trash nevermind" then someone says, "NO! It is Kaineng City!!!!" City in which you respond, "Yes we know, It's a pile of trash, just very organized!" And boom, the Cantha Expac!!

Jokes aside.. shooting Kralk down into the ocean would be a seriously bad idea xD

That's quite literally like dropping a mountain in the ocean.. coastal regions would be destroyed.. including LA.. again and there's no telling how far inland the water would reach and destroy.

Would be cool to watch though :D