Sandswept Isles is one year old today

> @"Tyncale.1629" said:

> It is rather a favorite map of mine.

I really liked it too! I liked the whole general style of verdant, somewhat forested islands constantly raining. It was almost a sort of comforting feeling if that makes sense...

Yup an awesome map, definitely deserve a birthday! I'm remembering about the original devs plans concerning that map.... (volcano at the north, jurassic inquest park at the south was a great idea too). But I'm happy with the current version with its references to Portal, FMA or SCP. Eventually Avatar with that tribe liking nature invaded by machines.

I hope to see more maps like that one in the future, it melted cultures together with a kind of paradisiacal environment.

The render and ambiance are very stunning. Little easter eggs all around and cool funny ambient dialogues.

Love the nice, relaxing area around the village for gathering and just enjoying the views. Love the huge evil inquest base, love the whole tropical island feel, love the village. Is there anything not to love about Sandswept Isles? ^^

__

Inquest Assistant: Boss! The awakened have culled our personnel by 34.23 percent!

Inquest Engineer: Not my problem.

Inquest Assistant: And they smashed your favorite coffee mug.

Inquest Engineer: THE FOOLS WILL PAY FOR THEIR INSOLENCE__

Happy Birthday! And I am so thankful for this area where farming trees, plants and nodes is pleasant, not to forget the loads of mussels in water around the isles. This is the unique LS area that is not overcrowded by foes with never ending aggro range and with a green landscape (not all browny brown desert). I do love this area. Personal taste of course. :3

> @"Fenom.9457" said:

> > @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > Best LS4 map and episode for me

>

>

> It's between that and Thunderhead Peaks for me :)

Ah Thunderhead is prob the worst of any season for me. Poss the most disappointing in the game, although Kourna makes an equally strong claim

> @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > @"Fenom.9457" said:

> > > @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > > Best LS4 map and episode for me

> >

> >

> > It's between that and Thunderhead Peaks for me :)

>

> Ah Thunderhead is prob the worst of any season for me. Poss the most disappointing in the game, although Kourna makes an equally strong claim

Do you mean for gameplay? Not sure how I feel about that but mostly I mean visuals

> @"Fenom.9457" said:

> > @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > > @"Fenom.9457" said:

> > > > @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > > > Best LS4 map and episode for me

> > >

> > >

> > > It's between that and Thunderhead Peaks for me :)

> >

> > Ah Thunderhead is prob the worst of any season for me. Poss the most disappointing in the game, although Kourna makes an equally strong claim

>

>

> Do you mean for gameplay? Not sure how I feel about that but mostly I mean visuals

Both although mostly gameplay which was the weakest. Artistically it was unremarkable in the majority with a few pretty and interesting bits. The worst was when the Brandstorms hit - it became a mess of colours and confusions. It wasn't entirely awful to look at, but for an area I was looking forward to visiting, it lacked anything significant or interesting to grab me.

Everyone likes different things and I get not every map has to be unique or flashy like Draconis, Bloodstone or Sandswept. But, compared to Frostgorge or Dredgehaunt, Thunderhead was lacking.

But, I'm getting off topic. Whether I liked it is irrelevant since you did and that's all that matters.

For me though, Sandswept is near perfect design for the sort of thing I want in a GW2 map