new mount is too fast. Change My Mind

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> I imagine that the better WvWarriors are going to to learn how best to place & use ballista, about posting player sentries at key points, about including some "mount disruption builds."

I'm curious which ballista skill you've found effective against warclaws

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"LetoII.3782" said:

> > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

>

> > I imagine that the better WvWarriors are going to to learn how best to place & use ballista, about posting player sentries at key points, about including some "mount disruption builds."

> I'm curious which ballista skill you've found effective against warclaws

Well the anti air bolt has 3000 range and dismounts 5 peeps... in theory at least. I'm not so sure it actual dismounts land mounts. Dont know if anyone has tested it.

> @"Arcaedus.7290" said:

> > @"displayname.8315" said:

> > Hope anet ignores this thread like all the others. The running simulator that was wvw should never come back.

> >

> > FYI you can't fight on a mount. You get 1 attack then it's time to PvP. If you care about some guys not wanting to fight you then your doing it wrong.

>

> Just because someone doesn't want a fight doesn't mean they should have free reign to escape if they so wish. As is right now, if they make a bad move, have bad positioning or get caught by someone (in enemy territory) that would clearly otherwise kill them, they can most easily escape as long as they were mounted before getting in combat.

The term escape assumes they took the fight in the first place. In which case they are unmounted and this is a moot point. If someone dosent want to fight you let them go. You will probably miss out on a real fight if you chase squirrels all day.

> @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > @"LetoII.3782" said:

> > > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> >

> > > I imagine that the better WvWarriors are going to to learn how best to place & use ballista, about posting player sentries at key points, about including some "mount disruption builds."

> > I'm curious which ballista skill you've found effective against warclaws

> Well the anti air bolt has 3000 range and dismounts 5 peeps... in theory at least. I'm not so sure it actual dismounts land mounts. Dont know if anyone has tested it.

It does not

Warclaw is immune to cc

And the other skills do not lead a target traversing your field of fire, therefore are near effortless to juke

> @"Duckota.4769" said:

> > @"Balsa.3951" said:

> > > @"Duckota.4769" said:

> > > > @"Balsa.3951" said:

> > > > > @"Duckota.4769" said:

> > > > > > @"Clownmug.8357" said:

> > > > > > Why would you want to be slower? This game's not a walking simulator.

> > > > >

> > > > > Because I don't enjoy the fact you can avoid combat at will, and no I dont play a cheese build.

> > > >

> > > > Many classes can avoid combat at will before mount why no “ban stealth in wvw “ ?

> > >

> > > Because it has counterplay. There are a ton of reveals. Some AoE. I think stealth also needs/needed a rework, but it at least had counterplay.

> >

> > So what’s ur counter to getting jumped on out of stealth ? Can u really stop a thief from escaping u ?

> >

> > Mounts have a counter too it called dmg and evade, I don’t care if one guy runs away from me who doesn’t want 1v1 me. I don’t get high on fighting unprepared non roomers who only want catch up with the commander.

> >

> > Sorry for u but from now on u will fight people who are ready for 1v1 but I promise u ur skills will improve fighting those from now on

>

> Dude I already looked for outnumbereds. I dont want to fight any of you 1v1. I wanted to fight you guys 1v2. Or 1v3. Yeah I'd lose a lot. Already did, but it was fun. And my counter to getting jumped out of stealth is to have decent reactions. Nothing can permastealth that i know of as of the most recent patch. You're missing the point entirely. You should not be free to avoid conflict at will to play the game mode how you want. Conflict should be a core part of the game mode and not just the conflict you're lookign for. Trust me when I say I dont look for zergs to run me over, but man did it happen. It will continue to happen, but it will no longer happen that I have a fun fight with 3 people on their way to an objective because they'll just leap 3 times and theyre riding off into the sunset. Back to die to 14k hammer hits before they run here and say its a good change bc all roaming builds were cheesy. See the irony here?

The biggest objections to the mount are coming from the gankers who now have a harder time fighting people who don't want to fight. Why do you get your jollies out of doing that? If someone doesn't want to fight you, why does forcing them to fight make you happy? That's just sad and akin to bully tactics. Fight people who want to fight you if you need your epeen to be stroked so badly.

> @"Arcaedus.7290" said:

> > Hope anet ignores this thread like all the others. The running simulator that was wvw should never come back.

> >

> > FYI you can't fight on a mount. You get 1 attack then it's time to PvP. If you care about some guys not wanting to fight you then your doing it wrong.

>

> Just because someone doesn't want a fight doesn't mean they should have free reign to escape if they so wish.

LoL, tell that to all the thieves and mesmer gankers who can engage/disengage at will and reset the fight whenever it's going badly. Why should some builds be able to escape "at will" while others do not?

>As is right now, if they make a bad move, have bad positioning or get caught by someone (in enemy territory) that would clearly otherwise kill them, they can most easily >escape as long as they were mounted before getting in combat.

How does any of that apply to spawn ganking people trying to return to the zerg?

> @"BlueMelody.6398" said:

> The biggest objections to the mount are coming from the gankers who now have a harder time fighting people who don't want to fight. Why do you get your jollies out of doing that? If someone doesn't want to fight you, why does forcing them to fight make you happy? That's just sad and akin to bully tactics. Fight people who want to fight you if you need your kitten to be stroked so badly.

So you apply this to your own game play right? You don't respond to 2 or 3 dots on the map with a blob right? You see 5 ppl at a tower and just send 5 right? After all, they don't want to fight a blob and it's not fair that they should have to.

Lol people join a game mode fully aware it’s mass open world pvp mode and ask why should a player have to fight when they don’t want to? That’s like going in pvp conquest and saying how dare these players interrupt my node capping by engaging me lmao. Go back to pve with that mentality.wvw is a pvp mode wow

> @"Celsith.2753" said:

> > @"BlueMelody.6398" said:

> > The biggest objections to the mount are coming from the gankers who now have a harder time fighting people who don't want to fight. Why do you get your jollies out of doing that? If someone doesn't want to fight you, why does forcing them to fight make you happy? That's just sad and akin to bully tactics. Fight people who want to fight you if you need your kitten to be stroked so badly.

>

> So you apply this to your own game play right? You don't respond to 2 or 3 dots on the map with a blob right? You see 5 ppl at a tower and just send 5 right? After all, they don't want to fight a blob and it's not fair that they should have to.

5 people at a tower we want to take or defend, regardless of whether it's being attacked by 5 or 50? Or 5 people at a sentry off to the side? We certainly won't go after the latter. We look for reasonable fights, not opportunities to run over havoc squads, but if they happen to be going after the same objective we are, that's not the same thing as seeking out kills of people who don't want to fight us.

> @"Psycoprophet.8107" said:

> Lol people join a game mode fully aware it’s mass open world pvp mode and ask why should a player have to fight when they don’t want to? That’s like going in pvp conquest and saying how dare these players interrupt my node capping by engaging me lmao. Go back to pve with that mentality.wvw is a pvp mode wow

Ridiculous analogy. sPvP is specifically designed for even or reasonably even fights. WvW otoh has a large mix of sizes and styles of PvP, but I have zero respect for anyone who deliberately aims to fight those who don't want a fight.

And for the record, I've done thousands of hours of WvW and hit gold ranking a long time ago. I've been doing this rodeo for years.

>We look for reasonable fights, not opportunities to run over havoc squads, but if they happen to be going after the same objective we are, that's not the same thing as >seeking out kills of people who don't want to fight us.

Of course it's the same thing, they don't want to fight a blob. You going to stand there and not attack or move to a different objective? Ofc not. You want that tower too, you are going to use your numbers to just bully them into moving, or kill them. Enforcing YOUR play onto them. Same thing. Sounds ridiculous huh? It'd be absurd in the scenario you put forth to expect you to not engage. Just as it sounds ridiculous to smaller groups or solos to be told not to engage because someone doesn't want it.

I don't actually gank at spawn much despite what some people think ^.^ and I get annoyed when i'm dumb and it happens to me too. But cutting off reinforcements to a big fight over an important objective can turn a battle. Like it or not, do it or not, it helps the gankers server.

The combination of 3 evades, cc immunity and an extra 11k hp to start a fight with full cd's v someone that had to get lucky and blow their cd's hoping the mounted player didnt use one of their evades is too much. Stupid thing is here to stay, at least tone it down. Slow it down in combat, half the hp, make it cc'able, reduce the amount of evades. Any or all of these that I have seen suggested would to me make it more balanced.

> @"Psycoprophet.8107" said:

> Lol people join a game mode fully aware it’s mass open world pvp mode and ask why should a player have to fight when they don’t want to? That’s like going in pvp conquest and saying how dare these players interrupt my node capping by engaging me lmao. Go back to pve with that mentality.wvw is a pvp mode wow

Don't worry you'll stop tunnel visioning the squirrels and learn the "looking for fights" meta soon enough. Keep at it.

> @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> > so what im hearing is that if you want to roam now you gotta have mad teleports or mad ranged damage. sounds lame.

> TL;DR builds with teleports and heavy power bursts will rule roaming.

>

> I'm sure it comes as a shock to roamers.

>

im sure there are melee builds without those that are going to be hit the hardest.

> @"Celsith.2753" said:

> >We look for reasonable fights, not opportunities to run over havoc squads, but if they happen to be going after the same objective we are, that's not the same thing as >seeking out kills of people who don't want to fight us.

>

> Of course it's the same thing, they don't want to fight a blob. You going to stand there and not attack or move to a different objective? Ofc not. You want that tower too, you are going to use your numbers to just bully them into moving, or kill them. Enforcing YOUR play onto them. Same thing. Sounds ridiculous huh? It'd be absurd in the scenario you put forth to expect you to not engage. Just as it sounds ridiculous to smaller groups or solos to be told not to engage because someone doesn't want it.

> I don't actually gank at spawn much despite what some people think ^.^ and I get annoyed when i'm dumb and it happens to me too. But cutting off reinforcements to a big fight over an important objective can turn a battle. Like it or not, do it or not, it helps the gankers server.

>

> The combination of 3 evades, cc immunity and an extra 11k hp to start a fight with full cd's v someone that had to get lucky and blow their cd's hoping the mounted player didnt use one of their evades is too much. Stupid thing is here to stay, at least tone it down. Slow it down in combat, half the hp, make it cc'able, reduce the amount of evades. Any or all of these that I have seen suggested would to me make it more balanced.

I thought your guys could pick from a blob and not get run over yes? Maybe im thinking of some other group. I guess in the really wide open fields the gank style does have a little less escape. If your talking towers/keeps no real difference.

In combat speed could be nerfed I guess. I don't really care all that changes is people who got caught hard will probably die. For the people actually looking for fights and not running away whatever.. mount is cool as is imo.

> > @"Duckota.4769" said:

> > > @"Balsa.3951" said:

> > > > @"Duckota.4769" said:

> > > > > @"Balsa.3951" said:

> > > > > > @"Duckota.4769" said:

> > > > > > > @"Clownmug.8357" said:

> > > > > > > Why would you want to be slower? This game's not a walking simulator.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Because I don't enjoy the fact you can avoid combat at will, and no I dont play a cheese build.

> > > > >

> > > > > Many classes can avoid combat at will before mount why no “ban stealth in wvw “ ?

> > > >

> > > > Because it has counterplay. There are a ton of reveals. Some AoE. I think stealth also needs/needed a rework, but it at least had counterplay.

> > >

> > > So what’s ur counter to getting jumped on out of stealth ? Can u really stop a thief from escaping u ?

> > >

> > > Mounts have a counter too it called dmg and evade, I don’t care if one guy runs away from me who doesn’t want 1v1 me. I don’t get high on fighting unprepared non roomers who only want catch up with the commander.

> > >

> > > Sorry for u but from now on u will fight people who are ready for 1v1 but I promise u ur skills will improve fighting those from now on

> >

> > Dude I already looked for outnumbereds. I dont want to fight any of you 1v1. I wanted to fight you guys 1v2. Or 1v3. Yeah I'd lose a lot. Already did, but it was fun. And my counter to getting jumped out of stealth is to have decent reactions. Nothing can permastealth that i know of as of the most recent patch. You're missing the point entirely. You should not be free to avoid conflict at will to play the game mode how you want. Conflict should be a core part of the game mode and not just the conflict you're lookign for. Trust me when I say I dont look for zergs to run me over, but man did it happen. It will continue to happen, but it will no longer happen that I have a fun fight with 3 people on their way to an objective because they'll just leap 3 times and theyre riding off into the sunset. Back to die to 14k hammer hits before they run here and say its a good change bc all roaming builds were cheesy. See the irony here?

>

> The biggest objections to the mount are coming from the gankers who now have a harder time fighting people who don't want to fight. Why do you get your jollies out of doing that? If someone doesn't want to fight you, why does forcing them to fight make you happy? That's just sad and akin to bully tactics. Fight people who want to fight you if you need your kitten to be stroked so badly.

The biggest supporters of the mount are coming from people who just want to run to their blob and run over small groups for easy bags. If someone wants to fight you 1v1, why does chasing them for five minutes with your zerg make you happy? That's just sad and akin to bully tactics. Fight people in even numbers if you need your kitten to be stroked so badly.

Oh look. It's almost like I've unintelligently generalized the opposing argument and made baseless, aggressive claims.

> @"Warkind.6745" said:

> > > > > > @"Balsa.3951" said:

> > > > > > > @"Duckota.4769" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Clownmug.8357" said:

> > > > > > > > Why would you want to be slower? This game's not a walking simulator.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Because I don't enjoy the fact you can avoid combat at will, and no I dont play a cheese build.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Many classes can avoid combat at will before mount why no “ban stealth in wvw “ ?

> > > > >

> > > > > Because it has counterplay. There are a ton of reveals. Some AoE. I think stealth also needs/needed a rework, but it at least had counterplay.

> > > >

> > > > So what’s ur counter to getting jumped on out of stealth ? Can u really stop a thief from escaping u ?

> > > >

> > > > Mounts have a counter too it called dmg and evade, I don’t care if one guy runs away from me who doesn’t want 1v1 me. I don’t get high on fighting unprepared non roomers who only want catch up with the commander.

> > > >

> > > > Sorry for u but from now on u will fight people who are ready for 1v1 but I promise u ur skills will improve fighting those from now on

> > >

> > > Dude I already looked for outnumbereds. I dont want to fight any of you 1v1. I wanted to fight you guys 1v2. Or 1v3. Yeah I'd lose a lot. Already did, but it was fun. And my counter to getting jumped out of stealth is to have decent reactions. Nothing can permastealth that i know of as of the most recent patch. You're missing the point entirely. You should not be free to avoid conflict at will to play the game mode how you want. Conflict should be a core part of the game mode and not just the conflict you're lookign for. Trust me when I say I dont look for zergs to run me over, but man did it happen. It will continue to happen, but it will no longer happen that I have a fun fight with 3 people on their way to an objective because they'll just leap 3 times and theyre riding off into the sunset. Back to die to 14k hammer hits before they run here and say its a good change bc all roaming builds were cheesy. See the irony here?

> >

> > The biggest objections to the mount are coming from the gankers who now have a harder time fighting people who don't want to fight. Why do you get your jollies out of doing that? If someone doesn't want to fight you, why does forcing them to fight make you happy? That's just sad and akin to bully tactics. Fight people who want to fight you if you need your kitten to be stroked so badly.

>

> The biggest supporters of the mount are coming from people who just want to run to their blob and run over small groups for easy bags. If someone wants to fight you 1v1, why does chasing them for five minutes with your zerg make you happy? That's just sad and akin to bully tactics. Fight people in even numbers if you need your kitten to be stroked so badly.

>

> Oh look. It's almost like I've unintelligently generalized the opposing argument and made baseless, aggressive claims.

Even numbers and more than that even MU's is the most fun for sure. Blobs scare people a lot tho and they usually end up running away to PPT in stead of stalling and picking... sad but true. You must not have many brave PvP'ers on your server it changes the game a lot, makes it much more fun.

> @"Warkind.6745" said:

> > > > > > @"Balsa.3951" said:

> > > > > > > @"Duckota.4769" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Clownmug.8357" said:

> > > > > > > > Why would you want to be slower? This game's not a walking simulator.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Because I don't enjoy the fact you can avoid combat at will, and no I dont play a cheese build.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Many classes can avoid combat at will before mount why no “ban stealth in wvw “ ?

> > > > >

> > > > > Because it has counterplay. There are a ton of reveals. Some AoE. I think stealth also needs/needed a rework, but it at least had counterplay.

> > > >

> > > > So what’s ur counter to getting jumped on out of stealth ? Can u really stop a thief from escaping u ?

> > > >

> > > > Mounts have a counter too it called dmg and evade, I don’t care if one guy runs away from me who doesn’t want 1v1 me. I don’t get high on fighting unprepared non roomers who only want catch up with the commander.

> > > >

> > > > Sorry for u but from now on u will fight people who are ready for 1v1 but I promise u ur skills will improve fighting those from now on

> > >

> > > Dude I already looked for outnumbereds. I dont want to fight any of you 1v1. I wanted to fight you guys 1v2. Or 1v3. Yeah I'd lose a lot. Already did, but it was fun. And my counter to getting jumped out of stealth is to have decent reactions. Nothing can permastealth that i know of as of the most recent patch. You're missing the point entirely. You should not be free to avoid conflict at will to play the game mode how you want. Conflict should be a core part of the game mode and not just the conflict you're lookign for. Trust me when I say I dont look for zergs to run me over, but man did it happen. It will continue to happen, but it will no longer happen that I have a fun fight with 3 people on their way to an objective because they'll just leap 3 times and theyre riding off into the sunset. Back to die to 14k hammer hits before they run here and say its a good change bc all roaming builds were cheesy. See the irony here?

> >

>

> The biggest supporters of the mount are coming from people who just want to run to their blob and run over small groups for easy bags. If someone wants to fight you 1v1, why does chasing them for five minutes with your zerg make you happy? That's just sad and akin to bully tactics. Fight people in even numbers if you need your kitten to be stroked so badly.

>

> Oh look. It's almost like I've unintelligently generalized the opposing argument and made baseless, aggressive claims.

Don’t play a PvP mode then,just an idea? There are no safe zones for a reason other than in ur camps. Walking around in enemy territory should be a risk whether ur solo or with a group and since it’s open map PvP so should it be in ur owned territory. Combat only during blobs would get boring fast and wvw would definitely be worse of losing such a large dynamic.

> @"displayname.8315" said:

> I thought your guys could pick from a blob and not get run over yes? Maybe im thinking of some other group. I guess in the really wide open fields the gank style does have a little less escape. If your talking towers/keeps no real difference.

>

> In combat speed could be nerfed I guess. I don't really care all that changes is people who got caught hard will probably die. For the people actually looking for fights and not running away whatever.. mount is cool as is imo.

>

Unlike the people complaining about being engaged in combat in a combat enabled game mode I try to consider all angles, not just whether it's affecting what I personally want to do, but also the effect on the mode as a whole. Which is why I also complain about HoT upgrades and tactics. Sure they benefit me when i'm defending but do I think it's good for the mode for all but a map queue to be unable to do anything? No.

> @"Celsith.2753" said:

> > I thought your guys could pick from a blob and not get run over yes? Maybe im thinking of some other group. I guess in the really wide open fields the gank style does have a little less escape. If your talking towers/keeps no real difference.

> >

> > In combat speed could be nerfed I guess. I don't really care all that changes is people who got caught hard will probably die. For the people actually looking for fights and not running away whatever.. mount is cool as is imo.

> >

> Unlike the people complaining about being engaged in combat in a combat enabled game mode I try to consider all angles, not just whether it's affecting what I personally want to do, but also the effect on the mode as a whole. Which is why I also complain about HoT upgrades and tactics. Sure they benefit me when i'm defending but do I think it's good for the mode for all but a map queue to be unable to do anything? No.

>

So your issue is you can't spawn gank a server while their keep is under attack. I guess that is true. In that case id be all for reducing in combat speed your right.

Still doesn't change your style much rn since your only ganking newbs or a guy who traited his scourge really poorly. Won't really change the outcome as you say since their probably already outnumbered by a lot.

> @"LetoII.3782" said:

>

> > I imagine that the better WvWarriors are going to to learn how best to place & use ballista, about posting player sentries at key points, about including some "mount disruption builds."

Skill 3 (was it I guess) should down instant. Did 11ksomething to a thief yesterday, that tried to flee into Hylek camp.

> @"LetoII.3782" said:

>

> LoL, tell that to all the thieves and mesmer gankers who can engage/disengage at will and reset the fight whenever it's going badly. Why should some builds be able to escape "at will" while others do not?

That's one of the perks of running a more mobile build. I'll also mention that from personal experience, if you're playing a decent roaming build and allow a thief/mesmer to engage first and are ready with counterplay, you can exhaust their mobility (by forcing them to port to you, or port away just to evade your auto attacking) and use what mobility you have to finish the job. There's balance in that.

> How does any of that apply to spawn ganking people trying to return to the zerg?

Ok, spawn-camping and ganking are trash playstyles and while I rejoice at them being stricken from this game, I'd like you to go through a though experiment: remove your biases for just a moment and imagine that one player starts at point A which is around 6000 units away from point B. They are free to travel in a straight line and have about as much mobility as a GS warrior, couple condi clears, couple stun breaks, maybe an invuln, no teleports, no invisibility. Imagine that 5 enemies all running the same build as the player stand between that one player and his destination and will try to kill him. Based on game balance before introduction of Warclaw, do you think the player should be able to successfully make it through those 5 enemies under the following conditions:

1. Standard conditions mentioned above?

2. 25 enemies instead of 5?

3. Point A to B distance is 10,000 units instead?

I need not go on.... if you said yes to any of the conditions, even standard conditions, then it shows a clear bias or a lack of experience. Point is for the most part where not too large of a disparity exists (5 zerg warrs trying to catch 1 Daredevil), the one player will NEVER cross the distance if it's large enough. The 5 will eventually wear him down. This isn't about ganking. A player should not have free reign to go wherever they want in enemy territory to as great of a degree as mounts currently allow. I think ballistae being able to dismount really help alleviate that imbalance and the only thing I'd really further recommend is a dismounting trap that locks players out of a mount for a short period of time.

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > @"LetoII.3782" said:

> > > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> >

> > > I imagine that the better WvWarriors are going to to learn how best to place & use ballista, about posting player sentries at key points, about including some "mount disruption builds."

> > I'm curious which ballista skill you've found effective against warclaws

>

>

Ohhh! **Balli Skill#4 can dismount the Cavalry!** :astonished:

HOT DAM! B)

Thank you for the info, Illconceived! o7

> @"Krypto.2069" said:

> > > @"LetoII.3782" said:

> > > > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > >

> > > > I imagine that the better WvWarriors are going to to learn how best to place & use ballista, about posting player sentries at key points, about including some "mount disruption builds."

> > > I'm curious which ballista skill you've found effective against warclaws

> >

> >

>

> Ohhh! **Balli Skill#4 can dismount the Cavalry!** :astonished:

> HOT DAM! B)

>

> Thank you for the info, Illconceived! o7

Thank the Redditor :)

I'm just the messenger (don't shoot me, though -- shoot the Warclaw!)