Idea: Give us a way to install updates without logging all the way out

Oh I forgot to mention earlier. Based on OP's other post in this thread the game already does pretty much what OP wants under two conditions already so it should actually be pretty easy to implement.

The two situations that I am aware of is when the game disconnects although not all types of disconnects will trigger it. The other time I've encountered it that is an even closer match is when I have a client that has been sitting on the character select screen and a new patch came out in the mean time.

I guess there is also a third situation but it doesn't apply anymore. The game also used to behave this way back when the game would force you to patch as soon as you tried to switch map. The code is probably still around since the forced restart at the end of the 2hour countdown would need to do the same thing.

I have no idea what the OP is writing about. I always log in before or while the game finishes patching. Sure if you start the actual game before the patch is released you have to log out, but just logging in on the launcher is always doable unless the launcher itself is getting patched.

> @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> Yeah, I have the game in Windows Fullscreen and on my computer I can’t alt tab to access another window when it’s on that setting. I have to set it on a different size first if I want to do that. /shrug. But the forum/google can be accessed other ways so it’s a minor annoyance.

Windows 10 can be...finicky at times. The reason you can't alt-tab out is because Windows doesn't see any other app running that you can interact with. Try doing a /wiki query in the chat window. Worse case scenario, it pops the browser in the background and leaves it there (instead of making the browser active), giving you another app to alt-tab too. This is rarely a problem for me, even when I play on my laptop, since I use gw2launcher to start the game, so I always have something to alt-tab to.

Edit: It's a rare problem, but I have run into similar issues at work (25+ years in IT).

> @"Kaltyn of Torbins Deep.2946" said:

> > @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > Yeah, I have the game in Windows Fullscreen and on my computer I can’t alt tab to access another window when it’s on that setting. I have to set it on a different size first if I want to do that. /shrug. But the forum/google can be accessed other ways so it’s a minor annoyance.

>

> Windows 10 can be...finicky at times. The reason you can't alt-tab out is because Windows doesn't see any other app running that you can interact with. Try doing a /wiki query in the chat window. Worse case scenario, it pops the browser in the background and leaves it there (instead of making the browser active), giving you another app to alt-tab too. This is rarely a problem for me, even when I play on my laptop, since I use gw2launcher to start the game, so I always have something to alt-tab to.

>

> Edit: It's a rare problem, but I have run into similar issues at work (25+ years in IT).

If that is the problem you can simply minimize the GW2 window as well. Either opening the Game Menu an clicking the button the the top right or using Windows key + M