The utility of the warclaw in the PvE environnement.

they could make it such that the 2 skills are still functional in PvE

like the skill three is a singular enemy CC pull

and the skill 2 like makes your warclaw roar and it will generate a circular expanding sound wave that can push the enemies away @ 5 or more targets or put the Fear condi on the affected enemies. (just like what you see in WvW small map panel)

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"killfil.3472" said:

> Before I get slaughtered by a tsunami of "It ain't meant for PvE BOI", let me suggest this :

>

> Dont increase it's speed, or anything other than the following : its health. Let's say by 100%.

>

> Its utility wouldn't be speed or its attack, but rather, its tankyness and the safety it would so provide while traveling.

>

> I perfectly understand that it is an absolutly unnecessary change, I just thought I could suggest a thing...

The argument isn't that isn't not meant for PVE, the argument is that Warclaws specialty is WvW, just like all the other mounts have specialties that are useful in specific situations.

> @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > @"killfil.3472" said:

> > Before I get slaughtered by a tsunami of "It ain't meant for PvE BOI", let me suggest this :

> >

> > Dont increase it's speed, or anything other than the following : its health. Let's say by 100%.

> >

> > Its utility wouldn't be speed or its attack, but rather, its tankyness and the safety it would so provide while traveling.

> >

> > I perfectly understand that it is an absolutly unnecessary change, I just thought I could suggest a thing...

>

> The argument isn't that isn't not meant for PVE, the argument is that Warclaws specialty is WvW, just like all the other mounts have specialties that are useful in specific situations.

And my counter-argument is that area of focus is too limited if the Warclaw is also available in PvE. You shouldn't make something available in a game mode where it's not useful, as that is clunky design.

Also, as I keep reiterating, the designers of the Warclaw have already said that they're looking into expanding the Warclaw's functionality in PvE. So they apparently don't see an overwhelming issue with the main concept being argued here—the Warclaw becoming more useful in PvE.

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> There's a lot of clunky design, then, if items released in a game mode (such as PvE) must only be useful. (Fashion, toys, decorations, etc.)

> Jus' sayin'.

The functionality of a mount is fundamentally different from that of the vanity items you listed. Yes, mounts double as vanity items as well, but their primary function is mobility, not vanity. Therefore it _is_ clunky design to add a mount in a game mode where it's outclassed by every other mount.

Not sure if that can be done easily. They specifically made this mount for wvw so they could tweak it all on its own. Once you start separately tweeking the mount in different game modes you can run into bugs. Plus it's not supposed to compete with any other mount. The fact it's allowed in pve is a side bonus.

> @"Trise.2865" said:

> The Warclaw is already one of the fastest mounts, topped only by the RollerBeetle in pure run speed.

This is not true at all, both the jackal and raptor run faster than the warclaw, before you factor in their respective movement abilities.

Also, the beetles base movement speed is affected by the pitch of the terrain you're rolling on. On level ground the beetle is only about as fast as the skimmer on land.

> @"Loosmaster.8263" said:

> > @"Jumpin Lumpix.6108" said:

> > It should do something in pve. It's a waste of a mount otherwise. There is no reason to not have it do something.

>

> Hah and you were the one crying in the WvW subforum for a mount!!!

Yah and they put it in the game, because I asked for it. See I have good ideas. You're welcome.

> @"Jumpin Lumpix.6108" said:

> > @"Loosmaster.8263" said:

> > > @"Jumpin Lumpix.6108" said:

> > > It should do something in pve. It's a waste of a mount otherwise. There is no reason to not have it do something.

> >

> > Hah and you were the one crying in the WvW subforum for a mount!!!

>

> Yah and they put it in the game, because I asked for it. See I have good ideas. You're welcome.

Yeah and you have yet to post in there and comment on all the horrendous issues it's causing. You're welcome...

> @"Sarpan.9074" said:

> If it's modified to be viable, as good as or better than any of the original mounts in PVE, then there needs to be a comparable PVE path to obtaining it.

I imagine the point in the mount being earned in WvW and being useful in PvE would be so it sells skins and to encourage people who aren't crafting legendaries to try out WvW for a few hours. As it is now, if you don't make legendary weapons and don't WvW, there's zero reason to ever try it at all. Unless there was content designed around using this mount only on the PvE maps, there would be zero reason for it to be earned in PvE, it would simply be an alternative to Raptor.

> > @"Jumpin Lumpix.6108" said:

> > > @"Loosmaster.8263" said:

> > > > @"Jumpin Lumpix.6108" said:

> > > > It should do something in pve. It's a waste of a mount otherwise. There is no reason to not have it do something.

> > >

> > > Hah and you were the one crying in the WvW subforum for a mount!!!

> >

> > Yah and they put it in the game, because I asked for it. See I have good ideas. You're welcome.

>

> Yeah and you have yet to post in there and comment on all the horrendous issues it's causing. You're welcome...

This particular user also asked for wxp potions to be available through gemstore. This comment will likely be reported

> @"Drecien.4508" said:

> Not sure if that can be done easily. They specifically made this mount for wvw so they could tweak it all on its own. Once you start separately tweeking the mount in different game modes you can run into bugs.

The day after they introduced the Warclaw, they split how much damage it does in PvE and in WvW. In other words, they are already "separately tweeking the mount in different game modes".

> @"Erasculio.2914" said:

> > @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > Idiotic, the Jackal has distinct benefits in both movement (up slope), survival (triple dodge) and unique abilities (movement through portals) over the raptor.

>

> Guess what, the Jackal has distinct benefits in both movement (up slope), survival (triple dodge) and unique abilities (movement through portals) over the Warclaw. "Idiotic", right?

Warclaw on the other hand has a distinct benefits in movement, survival and unique abilities over all other mounts (including Jackal) in WvW.

> @"Erasculio.2914" said:

> The fact it was a deliberate decision doesn't mean it was the best decision. It's as simple as that.

The fact you personally dislike it doesn't mean it was bad.

> @"Adul.1520" said:

> And my counter-argument is that area of focus is too limited if the Warclaw is also available in PvE. You shouldn't make something available in a game mode where it's not useful, as that is clunky design.

The same could be said about skimmer. It's area of focus is "on water", which is very narrow. And yet somehow people do not complain as much about it. Because they acknowledge that it is a specialized mount that becomes far less useful outside of its specialty. And yet somehow they acti differently when it comes to warclaw, simply because its area of specialty happens to be placed in a different game mode.

So I'll ask again - why should Warclaw get a better treatment than Skimmer? Because so far the only reason i can see is because kitties are more popular than manta rays.

> @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > @"Adul.1520" said:

> > And my counter-argument is that area of focus is too limited if the Warclaw is also available in PvE. You shouldn't make something available in a game mode where it's not useful, as that is clunky design.

> The same could be said about skimmer. It's area of focus is "on water", which is very narrow. And yet somehow people do not complain as much about it. Because they acknowledge that it is a specialized mount that becomes far less useful outside of its specialty. And yet somehow they acti differently when it comes to warclaw, simply because its area of specialty happens to be placed in a different game mode.

>

> So I'll ask again - why should Warclaw get a better treatment than Skimmer? Because so far the only reason i can see is because kitties are more popular than manta rays.

>

I don't know where you're getting this assessment, PvE has plenty of water all over. You can effectively use the skimmer in nearly every single map in Tyria. Meanwhile the Warclaw is not useful anywhere on Tyria. So I think this equivalency you've drawn is deeply flawed.

> @"Jumpin Lumpix.6108" said:

> It should do something in pve. It's a waste of a mount otherwise. There is no reason to not have it do something.

PvE players don't have to get the warclaw. It isn't required for any PvE content. If some players feel it is a waste in PvE, then simply don't get the mount.

I'm a very casual PvEer and will likely not get this mount because I don't want to spend my time in WvW for the track and other requirements to get it. To me, that's a waste.

Atleast in PVE warclaw could carry second player with you. This will make some use for Veteran Player, who just brought Friend into the game. And now helping with level up and map explores.

New players, even with HoT and PoF, can't use Raptor without 80 level, thus getting the mastery and PoF story.

P.s. actually, 2nd seat on this mount will be good in WvW aswell. I was a victim of a commander with mount, wasn't been able to catch up, and been losing WEXP because i had no mount at that time. So those who have no mount, can use extra seat from squad member.

> @"Adul.1520" said:

> Not sure if the Warclaw is the right mount for the job, but I'd also love a multi-seat mount. Riding along with friends would be just great.

And what happens if your friend decides to take a flying leap off a cliff? Will the mount give you the ability to dismount other than just the driver? They just added a death to your account and now you have to pay to waypoint...

> And what happens if your friend decides to take a flying leap off a cliff? Will the mount give you the ability to dismount other than just the driver? They just added a death to your account and now you have to pay to waypoint...

Are you saying, that if you did use a second seat on Warclaw ( if it will be added ) from squad\party member, you won't be able to dismount until mount owner will allow you?

Ah-ha-ha =)

> > @"Adul.1520" said:

> > Not sure if the Warclaw is the right mount for the job, but I'd also love a multi-seat mount. Riding along with friends would be just great.

>

> And what happens if your friend decides to take a flying leap off a cliff? Will the mount give you the ability to dismount other than just the driver? They just added a death to your account and now you have to pay to waypoint...

Sure, you could dismount from the passenger seats whenever you wanted, I don't see why not.

But also, don't get into cars with strangers. ;)

> @"Adul.1520" said:

> > @"Loosmaster.8263" said:

> > > @"Adul.1520" said:

> > > Not sure if the Warclaw is the right mount for the job, but I'd also love a multi-seat mount. Riding along with friends would be just great.

> >

> > And what happens if your friend decides to take a flying leap off a cliff? Will the mount give you the ability to dismount other than just the driver? They just added a death to your account and now you have to pay to waypoint...

>

> Sure, you could dismount from the passenger seats whenever you wanted, I don't see why not.

> But also, don't get into cars with strangers. ;)

True but we all know how everything is an afterthought here. Ooopppsss, my bad...