[Feedback] Wyvern Roost Scepter Skin

Why o why do you always have to make weapon skins, swords and scepters in particular, completely oversized, making them look ridiculously bulky? :anguished:

This new skin per se looks _fantastic_, but the size in my characters' hands is - once more - that of a bludgeoner, not a scepter!

Another item I won't buy because of its ridiculous size. :/

> @"Trise.2865" said:

> The scepter is just fine. It's the Pseudodragon nesting on it that's too big.

1. That's part of the scepter, isn't it? (And the visually best one, by the way.)

2. It is not fine when the grip is too bulky to hold in your hand. ;) Like I said: a bludgeoner, not a scepter, just like the latest legendary one, for example. What a shame.

> @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > @"Trise.2865" said:

> > The scepter is just fine. It's the Pseudodragon nesting on it that's too big.

>

> 1. That's part of the scepter, isn't it? (And the visually best one, by the way.)

> 2. It is not fine when the grip is too bulky to hold in your hand. ;) Like I said: a bludgeoner, not a scepter, just like the latest legendary one, for example. What a shame.

I beg to differ. If one were to google "magic wand", you'll find the primary results are indeed rather thick and bulky; far more than this scepter, in fact.

=)

> @"Randulf.7614" said:

> It looks really cool in the announcement. And looks rather different in game. It's a completely different colour for starters! I ws gonna get it based on the pic, but the in game one seems to be less exciting

What color is yours? I saw Dulfy's announcement video of it, and it looks like the Gem Store pic. Does seem awfully bulky, though.

> @"Witch of Doom.5739" said:

> > @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > It looks really cool in the announcement. And looks rather different in game. It's a completely different colour for starters! I ws gonna get it based on the pic, but the in game one seems to be less exciting

>

> What color is yours? I saw Dulfy's announcement video of it, and it looks like the Gem Store pic. Does seem awfully bulky, though.

I can only go by the preview window which I appreciate is not accurate, but the pic in the announcement is a deep dragony green with a greeny and orange flame and orangey trim. https://www.guildwars2.com/en-gb/news/an-egg-citing-skin-for-your-scepter/

The in game preview is sort of colourless grey with red trim. which is the same as Dulfy's vid

> @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > @"Witch of Doom.5739" said:

> > > @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > > It looks really cool in the announcement. And looks rather different in game. It's a completely different colour for starters! I ws gonna get it based on the pic, but the in game one seems to be less exciting

> >

> > What color is yours? I saw Dulfy's announcement video of it, and it looks like the Gem Store pic. Does seem awfully bulky, though.

>

> I can only go by the preview window which I appreciate is not accurate, but the pic in the announcement is a deep dragony green with a greeny and orange flame and orangey trim. https://www.guildwars2.com/en-gb/news/an-egg-citing-skin-for-your-scepter/

>

> The in game preview is sort of colourless grey with red trim. which is the same as Dulfy's vid

Now I see what you mean. Huh. And in Dulfy's vid it seems to shoot purplish lightning. Now I don't know what to think!

> @"Witch of Doom.5739" said:

> > @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > > @"Witch of Doom.5739" said:

> > > > @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > > > It looks really cool in the announcement. And looks rather different in game. It's a completely different colour for starters! I ws gonna get it based on the pic, but the in game one seems to be less exciting

> > >

> > > What color is yours? I saw Dulfy's announcement video of it, and it looks like the Gem Store pic. Does seem awfully bulky, though.

> >

> > I can only go by the preview window which I appreciate is not accurate, but the pic in the announcement is a deep dragony green with a greeny and orange flame and orangey trim. https://www.guildwars2.com/en-gb/news/an-egg-citing-skin-for-your-scepter/

> >

> > The in game preview is sort of colourless grey with red trim. which is the same as Dulfy's vid

>

> Now I see what you mean. Huh. And in Dulfy's vid it seems to shoot purplish lightning. Now I don't know what to think!

Well, Dulfy's is the correct one since it's in game. It's just they used a screenshot which was either changed/touched up or in very different to normal lighting. It's a good job I previewed it first to be honest because I logged in specifically to buy it from the pic in the announcement. There's nothing overly wrong with the actual skin, I just find it a dull colouring

> @"Trise.2865" said:

> I beg to differ. If one were to google "magic wand", you'll find the primary results are indeed rather thick and bulky; far more than this scepter, in fact.

>

> =)

Get your mind out of the gutter! :s Obviously, that isn't the type of wand we are discussing here - try "magic wand fantasy art" instead. ;)

> > @"Trise.2865" said:

> > The scepter is just fine. It's the Pseudodragon nesting on it that's too big.

>

> 1. That's part of the scepter, isn't it? (And the visually best one, by the way.)

> 2. It is not fine when the grip is too bulky to hold in your hand. ;) Like I said: a bludgeoner, not a scepter, just like the latest legendary one, for example. What a shame.

Too bulky to hold in your hand? Your char is dropping it? No one else is having troubles holding it. Perhaps.... your characters hands are too small. Maybe check and see if there is a slider to enlarge your hands so your char can more comfortably hold such large items.

> @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > > > @"Witch of Doom.5739" said:

> > > > > @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > > > > It looks really cool in the announcement. And looks rather different in game. It's a completely different colour for starters! I ws gonna get it based on the pic, but the in game one seems to be less exciting

> > > >

> > > > What color is yours? I saw Dulfy's announcement video of it, and it looks like the Gem Store pic. Does seem awfully bulky, though.

> > >

> > > I can only go by the preview window which I appreciate is not accurate, but the pic in the announcement is a deep dragony green with a greeny and orange flame and orangey trim. https://www.guildwars2.com/en-gb/news/an-egg-citing-skin-for-your-scepter/

> > >

> > > The in game preview is sort of colourless grey with red trim. which is the same as Dulfy's vid

> >

> > Now I see what you mean. Huh. And in Dulfy's vid it seems to shoot purplish lightning. Now I don't know what to think!

>

> Well, Dulfy's is the correct one since it's in game. It's just they used a screenshot which was either changed/touched up or in very different to normal lighting. It's a good job I previewed it first to be honest because I logged in specifically to buy it from the pic in the announcement. There's nothing overly wrong with the actual skin, I just find it a dull colouring

Maybe the purplish lighting is from showing skill effects.

> @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > > It looks really cool in the announcement. And looks rather different in game. It's a completely different colour for starters! I ws gonna get it based on the pic, but the in game one seems to be less exciting

> >

> > What color is yours? I saw Dulfy's announcement video of it, and it looks like the Gem Store pic. Does seem awfully bulky, though.

>

> I can only go by the preview window which I appreciate is not accurate, but the pic in the announcement is a deep dragony green with a greeny and orange flame and orangey trim. https://www.guildwars2.com/en-gb/news/an-egg-citing-skin-for-your-scepter/

>

> The in game preview is sort of colourless grey with red trim. which is the same as Dulfy's vid

It's probably the lighting conditions of the surroundings where the screenshot was taken. The lighting can be funky at times and misrepresent the actual look.

> @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> Too bulky to hold in your hand? Your char is dropping it? No one else is having troubles holding it.

I'm not a native speaker, English is a foreign language to me, so excuse if I did not express myself grammatically correctly. I meant it looks too bulky in any char's hand. No one would or could use such a bulky montrosity in reality (and yes, it is a game, but I still prefer weapons that look realistic in size).

> No one would or could use such a bulky montrosity in reality (and yes, it is a game, but I still prefer weapons that look realistic in size).

There's no need to justify your preferences by inventing some association with real world mechanics, since (a) your preferences need no justification and (b) Tyria isn't the real world. All weapons in this game are tools for focusing magical energy. There is no "realistic" size. If you don't like the design... you don't like the design and can say so, simply, without adornment.

Personally, my preference is always for larger weapons so I can see the design better.

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> There is no "realistic" size.

Yes, there is. Any weapon that looks physically ridiculous, because of being oversized and therefore imbalanced to handle (due to its weight and size), is not "realistic". Tyria's humans, for instance, are equally built as humans on our planet Earth, so there is no reason to assume they could handle a weapon that is completely oversized in their hands and probably weighs equal to 60% (or more) of their own body weight, like most greatswords in the game.

> If you don't like the design... you don't like the design and can say so, simply, without adornment.

It wouldn't bother me each and every single time, if there weren't so many skins that _do_ have great designs, yet are ruined for me (and others) by their ridiculous size.

For instance, [this](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Royal_Ascalonian_Greatsword "this") would be my favorite greatsword design in the game, if only it were 2/3 of its size instead.

Agree with OP. My personal grief is caused by daggers. Something that by design must be short and slim, in a lot of cases is ridiculously huge and bulky in this game. Sometime it seems like it's of a length of a short sword. In other cases it's not just length, but it seems like the whole model was just enlarged by all its dimensions to the point it looks stupid and grotesque. Why do they do it? Why not allow some slider which would - within some boundaries - allow you to change the size of your weapon?

When you also factor in looks - most of which I find ridiculous and/or unappealing to the eye as well - it leaves me with very few options I can tolerate on my character. So far, Elonian weapons were the least disappointing ones. They look elegant and neat, have normal proportions, and at the same time are not excessively cheesy or pimped up. Whoever designed those have an excellent taste, please make them responsible for weapons design from now on.

> @"Emprer.7256" said:

> The purple effect you see in dulfy’s video is indeed mesmer’s scepter skill visuals, not from the dragon scepter itself.

Thank you; that is helpful. I thought I wanted this scepter but now realize 600 gems or the equivalent in gold would go a lot further for me on other items. Too bad they couldn't have made it as beautiful as the preview picture, which I now consider rather deceptive. Glad I didn't immediately click to buy it!

I actually decided against it because of the position it's held in. To my mind, the dragon part should be on 'top' when you point it, not tucked inside. Looks wrong to me, so I'll pass. Goes to show how they can't really please everyone - we all have finicky preferences they can't meet.

> Why o why do you always have to make weapon skins, swords and scepters in particular, completely oversized, making them look ridiculously bulky? :anguished:

>

> This new skin per se looks _fantastic_, but the size in my characters' hands is - once more - that of a bludgeoner, not a scepter!

>

> Another item I won't buy because of its ridiculous size. :/

Got to agree with OP. This item is too big and not interesting for me. Won't purchase. It's ok in the big picture. I don't need to buy everything but if you want my money on these things... too big, kinda ugly.