Enough with the repeatable hearts already

It's not bad that the hearts are repeatable. But it's annoying that the heart vendor only sells his stuff after you do his quest again even if you don't want to repeat it again and again. They should make the repeatable quest optional.

> @Oldirtbeard.9834 said:

> Hate to break it to you, but I and a lot of others had been asking for this for years since before the first expansion.

Well, good for you. But they should make it optional, that's what we are asking for. After unlocking the heart vendor once we want to be able to always buy something from him without needing to do the quest again. But people like you should still be able to do the quest more than once if they want to. It should be an OPTION.

That's all we're asking for here. I think it's nice that we can do those heart quests everyday if we want to...but don't lock the vendor behind the quest everyday. We unlocked him once, that should be more than enough for us to use their service now.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> Hate to break it to you, but I and a lot of others had been asking for this for years since before the first expansion.

You and a lot? That's cute (unlikely though). I bet a lot more prefer to not have repeatable hearts. It gives no incentives over earning karma, silver, or xp over any other way.

Well, first off, the idea that you should have to perform favors for someone before they will, you know, shut up and take your money (or reasonable facsimile thereof), is silly enough all on its lonesome. But these oh so fickle sure you helped me out yesterday but today is a whole new day my dude hearts? The words pointless and annoying frequently come to mind when pondering the subject, along with other colorfully metaphoric words that if used elsewhere would probably not call to mind images of laser pointers, roundly wound up masses (hello forum filter) of yarn, or uncleaned litter boxes. Well, maybe the litter boxes.

Say, in light of the recent waypoint unlock thingee currently for sale in your local gemstore, maybe they could also sell some sort of Heart De-fickle-ator, so that once our characters, through judicious and diligent application of sufficient acts of love and kindness, fulfill a formerly fickle heart, that formerly fickle heart will stay full and be fully accessible henceforth and forevermore.

Or perhaps a collection achievement: find the location of the legendary long lost Heart of Gold mine, and earn the Heart of Hearts heart-warming buff that will permanently melt those cold, cold hearts. Tedious activities! Hordes of Veteran Elite Champion Prime bosses that can only be damaged on even-numbered Tuesdays after your character has dodge rolled twice, executed the facepalm emote, and deleted an ascended crafting material item worth at least 10 gold all in the span of five seconds! And an assortment of account-bound random drops that everyone but you will get two or three (dozen) of in the first few days, while you wait for years and years and finally get one five minutes before the game shuts down.

At the very least, can we PLEASE have a distinct symbol for hearts that have been done once so we can tell what is going on for map completion? Really sick of going to complete a map (both in PoF and S3) and not being able to figure which heart or hearts that I haven't done yet.

Also please give HPs the same treatment. The VERY subtle + vs infinity is not readily visible. Whatever symbol is used should be distinguishable at the furthest zoom level it's visible at; I shouldn't need to zoom into as far as possible to tell.

I have to agree that some of the new hearts have become nothing but chore. Hunting down hyena traps for ten minutes because the heart progression is really slow is not my definition of fun.

Two suggestions:

- make repeatable hearts reset on a weekly basis instead daily

- increase heart progression rate after first completion

There is also the issue of map completion where heart indicators get reset without any indication which ones are left to complete the map.

i find hearts in general already a bad design, they are supposed to be the replacer for quests yet it does a horrible job doing so.

i much rather have 20 quests in the same area, they can then have their own story and it gives you allot more to do then some stupid heart that just let's you do the exact same thing but.....pointless.

I agree with OriOri that having multiple tabs on the vendor would solve the issue. There are special rewards that you can only buy once per day, and i'm ok with them being locked away until i complete the heart again. However using the heart as a normal vendor for the rest seems like a win/win since it will keep those that want to farm a reward busy and those that need to make a vendor specific purchase can get in an get out.

Daily quests, the worst ever to come out of WoW, now in GW2, as predicted when they were first introduced.

They can be repeatable for the few that actually enjoy doing them, but by the Six leave the vendor unlocked after completing them once for the ~80% of the playerbase that does not enjoy the hearts at all. (honestly, it's probably just behind "underwater combat" for most people)

Ehh. I like them (even though I don't redo them everyday). It doesn't take that long to do a heart if you need a specific item (and after specific collectibles/items, is there really anything else to buy there again?). And if you need a merchant, theres usually one right near the heart anyways (usually near the repair anvil). I'm a completionist too, but I don't mind that the hearts reset, because it give something else to do and because if its completion your looking for you have the maps completion number (it doesn't reset with the hearts). I hope they do keep keep putting them in.

> @holodoc.5748 said:

> I have to agree that some of the new hearts have become nothing but chore. Hunting down hyena traps for ten minutes because the heart progression is really slow is not my definition of fun.

>

> Two suggestions:

> - make repeatable hearts reset on a weekly basis instead daily

> - increase heart progression rate after first completion

>

> There is also the issue of map completion where heart indicators get reset without any indication which ones are left to complete the map.

You can go to the untrained pets and interact with them and beat them (usually they're 'fighting' ogres in the fenced areas). Seemed faster to do the heart that way then to try to go to the traps.

I don't mind repeatable hearts as a concept, but I believe the implementation in LS3 was better than in PoF.

**Too Long**: Some of the PoF hearts feel like quests from other MMO's that ask you to do something like, "Get 5 antlers that drop from deer." but the drop rate is something like 10% so you end up needing to kill ~50. I find there's sometimes a "featured" activity that offers more completion percentage than other things (like using medicine on refugees at the Temple of Kormir Heart in Crystal Oasis). When there isn't, or maybe there is but something is buggy, the hearts can be tedious. Last night I did the Heart at the Palace in Vabbi, and everything there was to do that worked offered a tiny gain on the progress meter. To top it off, if I went to one of the royals that was standing around and used the dialogue, there was an option to show them how to do task A. However, choosing this did not make them move to the haystack/rocks/whatever where I could actually get credit.

**Reasons to Repeat**: Apparently there are collection items and exotic recipes to get, and trader keys. Everything else is a one visit thing. LS3 heart vendors sold map currency that allowed the eventual purchase of Ascended items with a broad selection of stats. I find the LS3 hearts to be more worth repeating (except Lake Doric, where the hearts advance with the pace of PoF hearts, or worse).

I am a fairly new player, having just started playing a couple of months ago. So, take this for what you will -- I hate the repeatable heart business. It's pointless, boring, annoying, and turns what should be fun game time into a daily chore far too often. Please make this an optional thing or remove it completely, thanks.

The hearts should give better rewards for completing them. Right now it's like, 2 silvers and some karma? Seriously? Increase it. I'd like at least 50 silver and some more karma. It wouldn't be spammable since it resets daily, but it would reward you for taking your time and doing the tasks.

> @Midnight.7526 said:

> The problem with offering the items and still allowing you to do hearts is that no one will do the hearts without some kind of tangible reward.

It gives around 2-3 events worth of karma. On the other hand that isn't much either since I can run around on one of the LS3 maps with karmic retribution and get a lot more much faster.

Can be repeated and must be repeated are not quite the same thing.

This annoys me, too. I do like the idea of repeatable hearts because I can at least get exp for them daily, but it sucks majorly that the vendor resets as well. I'm not a big achiever but the griffon mount was a must-get and having to redo the hearts for the required items was so unnecessary.

> @Midnight.7526 said:

> The problem with offering the items and still allowing you to do hearts is that no one will do the hearts without some kind of tangible reward.

They could simply increase the karma reward and exp rewards you get for completing them if they do decide to change the system.

However, I enjoy having to go back and do the heart again and I do feel there is more incentive to do it when I have to do it again just to access the rewards they possess.

> @Zoltreez.6435 said:

> WHAT if it would Reset Weekly ? you would still need to do it but only once a week ?

>

> you do it once and come back to that vendor anytime in the week to get the stuff you want......

>

> and once a week reset would not kill enyone realy....

This could be a better idea, but considering how many people have pretty much gotten all they needed from heart vendors in around a week, the incentive of repeating the hearts there after everything is done is probably zero. Once you have what you need, realistically you would never have to do the heart again on that character so making it weekly might end up making the repeatable system a waste.

> @Kheldorn.5123 said:

> I didn't know how much I hate heart tasks until they brought them back with LW3. This is the worst type of PvE content this game has to offer.

That is personal opinion.

I find a certain enjoyment in heart tasks, I am allowed to feel more like a hero. I appreciate the little messages from the heart vendors after you complete the heart that thanks you for your help and tells you how the situation has changed or improved and largely due to your deeds.

In theory, you could go the whole base game avoiding heart tasks. I feel like I volunteer as a good and strong person to help out and that makes me feel more like a hero than in any other MMO. The events that occur just add to that idea of being a hero who cares about everyone.

I hate the idea of quests, if this game made me go track and follow quests and I had half a billion in my quest log I probably wouldn't have stuck around.

> @Sylent.3165 said:

> Truthfully I'd be bummed out if they removed them. Your truly being a give me everything with no work person.

>

> You need to understand hearts do one simple thing, keep you in the game longer. You should be happy that you can't just buy what you want when you want. It gave you an extra ten or so minutes of gameplay.

>

> You know what game used to have the most insane grind ever? Runescape. But why did so many people non stop play it and do the grind? Once you were done you felt rewarded. You felt accomplished.

>

> Stop asking devs to literally remove content from the game, if they listened to you and others one day we'd log in with new toons at level 80 with full legendary gear and nothing in the game to even to.

And all achievs completed please, ty.

Personally i don't mind redoing the hearts for the items but some are just sooooooo slow.

> @Boysenberry.1869 said:

> It's made worse in that the hearts in PoF progress significantly slower than other hearts in the game. Kill 20 Forged and you've only progressed 20% of the heart. It is simply tedious.

It is notable that you get much greater progression on the hearts themselves by either a) killing enemies that are part of an event in the area as opposed to random spawns, or b) doing literally any of the dozens of other tasks that are very specifically **not** killing enemies around the area. Collect this item and return it to the heart vendor, or go fix turrets, or go collect datapoints from suchandsuch. ALL of these tasks are worth a lot more than just killing basic mob spawn.

Edit: it is worth noting that a large number of the hearts in the base game function this way as well. Also, JUST collecting the "items"/macguffins in the area is a very small reward and it is usually returning to the vendor with them that actually gives the larger reward.

> @Offair.2563 said:

> > @Sylent.3165 said:

> > Truthfully I'd be bummed out if they removed them. Your truly being a give me everything with no work person.

> >

> > You need to understand hearts do one simple thing, keep you in the game longer. You should be happy that you can't just buy what you want when you want. It gave you an extra ten or so minutes of gameplay.

> >

> > You know what game used to have the most insane grind ever? Runescape. But why did so many people non stop play it and do the grind? Once you were done you felt rewarded. You felt accomplished.

> >

> > Stop asking devs to literally remove content from the game, if they listened to you and others one day we'd log in with new toons at level 80 with full legendary gear and nothing in the game to even to.

>

> And all achievs completed please, ty.

> Personally i don't mind redoing the hearts for the items but some are just sooooooo slow.

But that is a simple as them changing how much you progress per thing completed.

This would still keep hearts in, but speed them up slightly so people who don't like them deal with them for less.

We aren't doing them for leveling anymore, so having them done faster wouldn't be so bad.

An even more interesting way would be if you have already completed that heart on your toon previously it makes it so you can complete the heart faster.

This allows the first time for each character to be deservedly longer than the rest, but returning it is more like "well you helped before and you are back do some more but there is less to be done because you helped before"