Things I want that will never happen

> @"Faline.8795" said:

> 2) Random dungeon grouping. Count me in as one of the shy ones, as a lot of people seem to be, who don't like having to apply to groups. A random matchmaking system would greatly help with that. Those that want to manually put a group together still would have that option.

It always sounds like the solution to all problems, automated grouping. But there is an enormous risk that newbies get teamed up with farmers and speedrunners. That is the most horrible condition to get into that content and risk that some of them will try once and probably never again. In addition, elite-players and those who see themselves as such feel mocked for being teamed up randomly with scrubs and people who want to watch the cinematic. I had that pleasure in FFXIV already. One of the major reasons why I quit that game.

Stuff I want that will never happen:

- Any discontinued project/feature to be revived.

- Raiders and elitists stop invading general PvE, enforcing the trinity and the idea of "everyone has to do his/her part by playing the meta and learning his/her rotations."

- Rework of the outdated (technology) TP. Something that actually loads fast and runs smoothly, even on a potato-pc.

- Complete patch-notes.

- Return of real April Fools activities.

- "Play the market" guys making a fortune as real stock brokers, purchasing NCSoft, re-employing the fired staff-members and order them to develop a GW2 mobile port named "Guildwars 3 Immortal."

- The SAB beedog home-instance-cat to be a pixelated beedog instead of a cat.

- Mounting while using a transformation (combat) tonic.

- Losing weight by eating chocolate.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"HnRkLnXqZ.1870" said:

>

> It always sounds like the solution to all problems, automated grouping. But there is an enormous risk that newbies get teamed up with farmers and speedrunners. That is the most horrible condition to get into that content and risk that some of them will try once and probably never again. In addition, elite-players and those who see themselves as such feel mocked for being teamed up randomly with scrubs and people who want to watch the cinematic. I had that pleasure in FFXIV already. One of the major reasons why I quit that game.

>

I've never had that issue in FFXIV. But I have had it in WoW. It's one of the chances that comes with a random group.

But with a random matchmaking tool, there is always the option not to use it and form your own group.

> @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > @"Faline.8795" said:

> > 1) World Chat. The game seems so empty and quiet to me without an ongoing conversation. I know guilds can help with that, but it's limited and I like to be online sometimes without having a leash on me.

> Global chat has been **terrible** in every single game that have it. Its all just spam and nonsense. I remember in particular the Archeage chat that updated about 10 times a second with just sale spam. Anet did the right choice in not doing it.

World of Warcraft has this and it is great. Yes, there is spam, and yes there are trolls. But you also have some interesting conversations and it helps make the world seem more alive.

People always have the option to turn it off.

More choices are always better than fewer.

Things I would love that will never be done: - a system where we can create content and upload it for others to play, maps, enemies, npcs, stories, quests, etc.

-a strong weather system, make it so we can have sunny days, rain, storms, wind, fog, etc.

-actual sunsets and sun rises. I can barely notice them now

-a proper housing system.

-more character customization, earrings, collars, makeup, more hairstyles, body tattoos for all races, more body types.

-new races, maybe even variations of current races.

-proper flying Mounts to use in the open world.

-a stronger and more robust dungeon system, new dungeons being added often.

-some kind of roulette system to queue for already existing content with other players for new rewards.

-graphical update, player characters, textures, etc...

-all armor looks being able to be chosen for looks, eliminate armor weight limit (looks only, not actually wearing it.)

-more pets and companions.

-more story content and quests added to old maps often too.

-a new intro for new characters for each new expansion.

I would kill for an update to the user interface. Some of the menus feel almost random by the kind of thing they're grouping now (what are mounts doing in the "equipment" tab?), the "training" tab is misplaced considering how a lvel 80 character has barely any use for it, and so on. Most importantly, the equipment preview window is a huge, HUGE mess - it's too small to show some weapons/effects, the background color often classes with what it's showing, and there's no simple way to preview dyes when using it. Considering how important it is for a game so focused on aesthetics, this really needs an update, but I doubt we will get one any time soon.

> @"Erasculio.2914" said:

> I would kill for an update to the user interface. Some of the menus feel almost random by the kind of thing they're grouping now (what are mounts doing in the "equipment" tab?), the "training" tab is misplaced considering how a lvel 80 character has barely any use for it, and so on. Most importantly, the equipment preview window is a huge, HUGE mess - it's too small to show some weapons/effects, the background color often classes with what it's showing, and there's no simple way to preview dyes when using it. Considering how important it is for a game so focused on aesthetics, this really needs an update, but I doubt we will get one any time soon.

The ui update is sadly, probably the biggest thing we'll want that we won't get. It's been six years and we still can't even disable nameplates from minions/group members. Forget about other things as rearranging interface elements or per section scaling...

> @"Kylden Ar.3724" said:

> > @"MikeG.6389" said:

> > Disable mesmer portals around jumping puzzles. A pet peeve, but hey, you get 10 APs for hitting F on a pink hole. Get out.

>

> Are we doing phrasing?

The phrasing of your question left me puzzled... Help me out here, English is my second language.

**A consistent release schedule:**

* Bi-weekly patches.

* Monthly balance patches.

* Bi-Monthly living world episodes. Each year should supply us with 1 living story season (6 episodes, 1 per 2 months). These can allow for build-up and suspense between each expansion packs, as well as giving us 2 new mastery lines per year. Each episode should give a new zone, as is being done. They should start release in January and finish in November.

* Yearly releases for new elite specializations, independent of expansions. These should be introduced at the start of a new living story, in January.

* Bi-yearly expansion packs. World-shattering story issues should be saved for these. Each expansion pack should also come with the previous year's living stories, for free (maybe with the deluxe editions). The living stories should serve as build-up for the expansion pack's climactic action-packed finale. The expansion pack should happen at the end of the year (released in early December), as the last living story episode finished in November. Each expansion pack would also come with a new specialization, rather than an elite specialization, for each profession. Each expansion should also have 4 maps.

So, every two years, we would get:

48 patches (one per month).

24 balance patches (one per month).

2 living world seasons of 6 episodes each (one per two months).

1 expansion pack (one per two years).

2 elite specializations for each profession (one with each living story season).

3 new masteries (one with each living story season and one with each expansion pack).

1 specialization for each profession (one with each expansion pack).

16 new maps (one with each living story episode, four with each expansion pack).

Not to mention things with the new maps (new event chains, new world bosses [see below], new fractures, new map currencies to grind. . .) we get more stuff.

Bye-bye content drought.

**Other stuff:**

* Open World PvP (Can be guild-based with a guild war system, could be flag based, heck I'd even take duels at this point as a step in this direction).

* More SPvP modes. Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch, Capture the Flag, Mount/Glider (Vehicle) Deathmatch, etc.

* Glider Combat in PvE. Glider Combat in PvP. Air Combat in general.

* Refined Underwater Combat. All skills should be able to be used or at least have an alternative that produces a similar effect.

* All skill types for each profession (Signet, Shout, Stance, Well, Etc.) should have a healing variate, 4 utility variates, and an elite variate. Why is there a healing well, 4 utility wells, but no elite well for necromancer (for example)? This should not be the case for any profession.

* Mounts and gliders in fractures. HoT fractures that use gliders to solve problems. PoF fractures that use mounts to solve problems.

> @"Aplethoraof.2643" said:

> **A consistent release schedule:**

> * Bi-weekly patches.

> * Monthly balance patches.

> * Bi-Monthly living world episodes. Each year should supply us with 1 living story season (6 episodes, 1 per 2 months). These can allow for build-up and suspense between each expansion packs, as well as giving us 2 new mastery lines per year. Each episode should give a new zone, as is being done. They should start release in January and finish in November.

> * Yearly releases for new elite specializations, independent of expansions. These should be introduced at the start of a new living story, in January.

> * Bi-yearly expansion packs. World-shattering story issues should be saved for these. Each expansion pack should also come with the previous year's living stories, for free (maybe with the deluxe editions). The living stories should serve as build-up for the expansion pack's climactic action-packed finale. The expansion pack should happen at the end of the year (released in early December), as the last living story episode finished in November. Each expansion pack would also come with a new specialization, rather than an elite specialization, for each profession. Each expansion should also have 4 maps.

>

My gosh, that's a tight schedule! Anet should rehire those they had to fire and would still need a 100 more to keep up with this...

The 'one-episode-every-other-month' alone is enough for them to never have to go to sleep again, if you want them to keep up with size and quality of releases. And then the balance changes... and new masteries... and subsequent balance changes due to said masteries... Who would develop the expansions during all this? And release schedule-wise, where do the four yearly festivals fit in that now interrupt the LW episodes? I bet Anet love these festivals, because these run almost automatically and so give them more time to work on the LW releases.

Yep, this one fits the theme of the thread perfectly... =)

Oh I have so much to list...

-Player Housing with customizable furnishings, achievements, armor mannequins, weapon displays, etc added within our existing Home Instance or Guild Hall

-build templates

-armor/weapon storage slots that don't take up inventory space

-underwater mount

-revamp underwater weapons/skills/combat to make it more rewarding and exciting as on land

-add more trophies and materials to material/trophy storage in bank / clean up POF map trophy clutter for God's sake

-a wallet-like library we can add all our books to

-add heroes like GW1 so that we can do dungeons/instanced group content on our own (I know this is really far fetched)

-add alliances where multiple guilds can join and battle other alliances on maps

-graphic optimization using DX12

-allow us to customize the UI to the degree of GW1

-make exclusive weapon/armor skins in BLCs be obtainable in-game for achievements and collections rewards

-make permanent harvesting tools be account wide within their own exclusive slots that you can buy with gems

-make a way for a Necro to dismiss minions or "heel" them from combat like Ranger pets.

-make "Deposit all Materials" and "Compact" possible to assign to keyboard shortcuts

-make crafting items be instantaneously and allow automatic crafting of sub recipe items as long as you have the materials (crafting takes too much time)

-ranger pet menagerie like in GW1

-remove armor weights and let any character have any weight skin

-add more bosses to world boss portal device

-add map wide meta events to POF and old LW maps with meaningful rewards that are on par with HOT maps

-make an in-game boss timer UI of all core, HoT, PoF, LW major map metas (like the GW2 wiki timers)

-refine GW2 chat to be extremely similar to GW1's chat UI... GW1 chat UI in my opinion is vastly superior

-remove the need to "Reprepsent" one guild. This takes away from the activity, glamor, and social aspect of guilds or let us only join 1 guild.

-revamp guild missions, add more of them and increase/update rewards to be more enticing and current to HOT/POF, Mystic Coins for Guild Commendations?

-REVAMP GUILD HALLS for God sakes to where they are meaningful and fun to meet in. Make exclusive NPCS / systems. (again guild member housing would be cool)

-in our Home Instance, let us mount up please

-add Tengu as a playable race

-revamp core Personal Story end missions where defeating Zhaitan is more involved, exciting, and rewarding

-please add elite areas like Underworld, Fissure of Woe, and Domain of Anguish with elite mobs with objectives and prestigious rewards

..if I think of more, I'll continue to edit and add.

> @"MikeG.6389" said:

> > @"Aplethoraof.2643" said:

> > **A consistent release schedule:**

> > * Bi-weekly patches.

> > * Monthly balance patches.

> > * Bi-Monthly living world episodes. Each year should supply us with 1 living story season (6 episodes, 1 per 2 months). These can allow for build-up and suspense between each expansion packs, as well as giving us 2 new mastery lines per year. Each episode should give a new zone, as is being done. They should start release in January and finish in November.

> > * Yearly releases for new elite specializations, independent of expansions. These should be introduced at the start of a new living story, in January.

> > * Bi-yearly expansion packs. World-shattering story issues should be saved for these. Each expansion pack should also come with the previous year's living stories, for free (maybe with the deluxe editions). The living stories should serve as build-up for the expansion pack's climactic action-packed finale. The expansion pack should happen at the end of the year (released in early December), as the last living story episode finished in November. Each expansion pack would also come with a new specialization, rather than an elite specialization, for each profession. Each expansion should also have 4 maps.

> >

>

> My gosh, that's a tight schedule! Anet should rehire those they had to fire and would still need a 100 more to keep up with this...

> The 'one-episode-every-other-month' alone is enough for them to never have to go to sleep again, if you want them to keep up with size and quality of releases. And then the balance changes... and new masteries... and subsequent balance changes due to said masteries... Who would develop the expansions during all this? And release schedule-wise, where do the four yearly festivals fit in that now interrupt the LW episodes? I bet Anet love these festivals, because these run almost automatically and so give them more time to work on the LW releases.

> Yep, this one fits the theme of the thread perfectly... =)

To be fair, with the current structure of the living world stories, having festivals at the same time wouldn't be a horribly big issue. Since the living world stories are basically just like any other (relatively self-contained) story mission now.

Though yeah, they'd need more manpower (not that they really had it before, as many of those ex-team members were apparently on other projects) to have a more competent release schedule.

It would be nice, though. They'd definitely need a solid guiding hand though, as well as more manpower.