Email: Review Your ArenaNet Email Subscription Settings (+ Get free mask)

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Linken.6345" said:

> > @"hugo.4705" said:

> > got an issue, set all the settings for newsletter on okay, but each time I reload, the switch goes left and all are grey again.... :/

>

> Noticed this myself now and found out how to fix it, check your mail they have sent a email you need to confirm the subscription.

> After that is done refershing will keep them green.

thx, but, welp done it many times and still, 0 mails.

> @"Linken.6345" said:

> > @"alexcasilio.6247" said:

> > So yesterday I went to my account settings and turned on newsletters (they became green) and saved all three successfully. I made sure guildwars2@ncsoft.com wasn't blocked by my email preferences, yet no confirmation email arrived. I disabled my adblocker, tried a different browser, changed my language and nothing has been sent to me.

> >

> > I read about a lot of people whose newsletter preferences switched back to grey when they logged out, but after logging in and out several times the newsletters continue to show they're enabled for me despite not getting an email. I signed up for the newsletter via https://www.guildwars2.com/en/newsletter-signup/ as a last resort and... still nothing.

> >

> > There doesn't seem to be anything else I can do to get this to work. :(

>

> If they are green your signed up so I dont see the problem.

I think there is a problem.. being signed up and getting the newsletter seem to be two very different things, let alone any email confirmation to being signed up... I've been signed up for years and never gotten anything.

Re-did everything a few days ago and still nothing.

> @"Bloodstealer.5978" said:

> I've been signed up for years and never gotten anything.

If it remains green when you logout and back in, then you're signed up and it shouldn't matter if you actually receive it or not, assuming they don't do something different and send the codes via the newsletter. The confirmation email is only sent the first time you subscribe to any of the newsletters, so there's no way to check it until a newsletter is sent out.

As for actually receiving it, they've always been unreliable. I had subscribed on multiple emails years ago to ensure I got it, but eventually only 1 of them still received it, and looking now, the last one I received was from September 2018. NCSoft in general has had a lot of problems in the past.

• ArenaNet Staff

Hi,

We've made a small update to the system, and also updated the previous messaging in this thread, but we wanted to share this directly here:

When you modify your email subscription via the account settings at https://account.arena.net/settings, we're no longer sending you a confirmation email. Simply reload the page to check if your settings are changed.

Thanks for your patience.

I have been subscribed since the Racing Beetle campaign. But come to think of it, I have not seen any mailings from Anet since the initial sign-up. Other games that used to send a lot of email have also gone silent. I also did not receive any notification that this new campaign was happening; this thread is the only reason I know about it. I believe that for some email providers, Anet's emails are being filtered at the front end where the server discards the message upon receipt and does not even send it to users' spam folders. You should get in touch with the major providers or with spam filter vendors to figure out why this is happening. For security reasons, I won't say here which email service I use but you can look mine up in your internal database if you want a concrete example. Part of it may even be that the users who sign up for these emails subsequently mark them as spam, eventually causing the system to preemptively identify all of the mailings as spam. Suffice to say it is quite rare to see email marketing in 2019. Sooner or later, commercial senders get flagged at the system level as spammers and are never heard from again. (Until they change their server, etc.)

For this campaign at least, you should probably make a post on the blog so that people will have a chance to see it when they log in. I would hate to have missed something like this just because I never heard about it.

> @"Leablo.2651" said:

> I have been subscribed since the Racing Beetle campaign. But come to think of it, I have not seen any mailings from Anet since the initial sign-up. Other games that used to send a lot of email have also gone silent. I also did not receive any notification that this new campaign was happening; this thread is the only reason I know about it. I believe that for some email providers, Anet's emails are being filtered at the front end where the server discards the message upon receipt and does not even send it to users' spam folders. You should get in touch with the major providers or with spam filter vendors to figure out why this is happening. For security reasons, I won't say here which email service I use but you can look mine up in your internal database if you want a concrete example. Part of it may even be that the users who sign up for these emails subsequently mark them as spam, eventually causing the system to preemptively identify all of the mailings as spam. Suffice to say it is quite rare to see email marketing in 2019. Sooner or later, commercial senders get flagged at the system level as spammers and are never heard from again. (Until they change their server, etc.)

>

> For this campaign at least, you should probably make a post on the blog so that people will have a chance to see it when they log in. I would hate to have missed something like this just because I never heard about it.

It is on the News Blog, and thus on the Launcher:

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/welcome-back-to-guild-wars-2-week-one/

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/welcome-back-to-guild-wars-2-week-two/

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> > @"Leablo.2651" said:

> > I have been subscribed since the Racing Beetle campaign. But come to think of it, I have not seen any mailings from Anet since the initial sign-up. Other games that used to send a lot of email have also gone silent. I also did not receive any notification that this new campaign was happening; this thread is the only reason I know about it. I believe that for some email providers, Anet's emails are being filtered at the front end where the server discards the message upon receipt and does not even send it to users' spam folders. You should get in touch with the major providers or with spam filter vendors to figure out why this is happening. For security reasons, I won't say here which email service I use but you can look mine up in your internal database if you want a concrete example. Part of it may even be that the users who sign up for these emails subsequently mark them as spam, eventually causing the system to preemptively identify all of the mailings as spam. Suffice to say it is quite rare to see email marketing in 2019. Sooner or later, commercial senders get flagged at the system level as spammers and are never heard from again. (Until they change their server, etc.)

> >

> > For this campaign at least, you should probably make a post on the blog so that people will have a chance to see it when they log in. I would hate to have missed something like this just because I never heard about it.

>

> It is on the News Blog, and thus on the Launcher:

> https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/welcome-back-to-guild-wars-2-week-one/

> https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/welcome-back-to-guild-wars-2-week-two/

I don't think we are talking about the same thing. As per the thread, "Email Subscription Settings (+ Get free mask)". Even if that is buried somewhere in the linked pages, it should be its own headline visible from the launcher.

> @"Stephane Lo Presti.7258" said:

> Hi,

>

> We've made a small update to the system, and also updated the previous messaging in this thread, but we wanted to share this directly here:

>

> When you modify your email subscription via the account settings at https://account.arena.net/settings, we're no longer sending you a confirmation email. Simply reload the page to check if your settings are changed.

>

> Thanks for your patience.

This is on Chrome specifically, after completely clearing all my cache and deleting cookies and basically freshly reinstalling the broswer:

My settings remain unsaved. Every time I reload, they all switch back to grey, and the page doesn't even seem to be loading any changes as I tick the buttons on. If I hit the "preferences saved" button (which surely should only say that if it's, you know... saved any changes, instead of saying that all the time?) then the entire reloads, deletes all my information and claims I didn't fill everything in. If I go back to my settings page after that, the information is back but the subscriptions still aren't saved.

I don't know who your back end coder is for this website, but they uh. They might need to be taken into a back room and given a training course or something, because your website breaks so frequently with Chrome that there's almost no point in me ever checking it on Chrome. I can't read recent news on Chrome, I can't change my account settings on Chrome, it's just absolutely broken.

Advice from me to other people: don't use Chrome for this. Change browsers and see if Firefox or, hell, even the dreaded IE can load this page for you. Because it's probably Chrome.

> Hi,

>

> We've made a small update to the system, and also updated the previous messaging in this thread, but we wanted to share this directly here:

>

> When you modify your email subscription via the account settings at https://account.arena.net/settings, we're no longer sending you a confirmation email. Simply reload the page to check if your settings are changed.

>

> Thanks for your patience.

It works for me now, mozilla firefox. Reloaded the page, still green! awesome

> @"Airyll.7849" said:

> > @"Stephane Lo Presti.7258" said:

> > Hi,

> >

> > We've made a small update to the system, and also updated the previous messaging in this thread, but we wanted to share this directly here:

> >

> > When you modify your email subscription via the account settings at https://account.arena.net/settings, we're no longer sending you a confirmation email. Simply reload the page to check if your settings are changed.

> >

> > Thanks for your patience.

>

> This is on Chrome specifically, after completely clearing all my cache and deleting cookies and basically freshly reinstalling the broswer:

> My settings remain unsaved. Every time I reload, they all switch back to grey, and the page doesn't even seem to be loading any changes as I tick the buttons on. If I hit the "preferences saved" button (which surely should only say that if it's, you know... saved any changes, instead of saying that all the time?) then the entire reloads, deletes all my information and claims I didn't fill everything in. If I go back to my settings page after that, the information is back but the subscriptions still aren't saved.

>

> I don't know who your back end coder is for this website, but they uh. They might need to be taken into a back room and given a training course or something, because your website breaks so frequently with Chrome that there's almost no point in me ever checking it on Chrome. I can't read recent news on Chrome, I can't change my account settings on Chrome, it's just absolutely broken.

>

> Advice from me to other people: don't use Chrome for this. Change browsers and see if Firefox or, hell, even the dreaded IE can load this page for you. Because it's probably Chrome.

I had the same problem (except with FireFox) and managed to figure it out yesterday, arriving to this very same conclusion. I use no extensions and yet the only way the newsletter subscription page would work is if I used Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge. As a matter of fact, the only part of the website that works correctly on FireFox is the forum. Everything else, including the product information and purchase of the expansions, loads a mostly empty page with a few bits of misaligned text and links that, albeit seemingly clickable, actually do nothing.

> @"ewenness.6482" said:

> > @"Airyll.7849" said:

> > > @"Stephane Lo Presti.7258" said:

> > > Hi,

> > >

> > > We've made a small update to the system, and also updated the previous messaging in this thread, but we wanted to share this directly here:

> > >

> > > When you modify your email subscription via the account settings at https://account.arena.net/settings, we're no longer sending you a confirmation email. Simply reload the page to check if your settings are changed.

> > >

> > > Thanks for your patience.

> >

> > This is on Chrome specifically, after completely clearing all my cache and deleting cookies and basically freshly reinstalling the broswer:

> > My settings remain unsaved. Every time I reload, they all switch back to grey, and the page doesn't even seem to be loading any changes as I tick the buttons on. If I hit the "preferences saved" button (which surely should only say that if it's, you know... saved any changes, instead of saying that all the time?) then the entire reloads, deletes all my information and claims I didn't fill everything in. If I go back to my settings page after that, the information is back but the subscriptions still aren't saved.

> >

> > I don't know who your back end coder is for this website, but they uh. They might need to be taken into a back room and given a training course or something, because your website breaks so frequently with Chrome that there's almost no point in me ever checking it on Chrome. I can't read recent news on Chrome, I can't change my account settings on Chrome, it's just absolutely broken.

> >

> > Advice from me to other people: don't use Chrome for this. Change browsers and see if Firefox or, hell, even the dreaded IE can load this page for you. Because it's probably Chrome.

>

> I had the same problem (except with FireFox) and managed to figure it out yesterday, arriving to this very same conclusion. I use no extensions and yet the only way the newsletter subscription page would work is if I used Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge. As a matter of fact, the only part of the website that works correctly on FireFox is the forum. Everything else, including the product information and purchase of the expansions, loads a mostly empty page with a few bits of misaligned text and links that, albeit seemingly clickable, actually do nothing.

Many of the site pages require Tracking be allowed. So, if a page doesn't work, try turning Tracking on.

Good luck.

> @"titje.2745" said:

> i got a confirm email and another mail about the item but didn’t receive the item ingame. i just read i also have to select gw1 sub for the item.. to bad. but i will sub for the item ofc :)

It says to allow up to 8 weeks from April 29 to get the item.

> @"PlagueParade.7942" said:

> the newsletter settings need to all be to the right, right?

Yes. All 3 to the right and green. (ArenanNet employee said in this thread you do need to be subscribed to all newsletters to get the purple mask skin.)

![](https://i.imgur.com/7iJOgnc.jpg "")

> @"Airyll.7849" said:

> > Hi,

> >

> > We've made a small update to the system, and also updated the previous messaging in this thread, but we wanted to share this directly here:

> >

> > When you modify your email subscription via the account settings at https://account.arena.net/settings, we're no longer sending you a confirmation email. Simply reload the page to check if your settings are changed.

> >

> > Thanks for your patience.

>

> This is on Chrome specifically, after completely clearing all my cache and deleting cookies and basically freshly reinstalling the broswer:

> My settings remain unsaved. Every time I reload, they all switch back to grey, and the page doesn't even seem to be loading any changes as I tick the buttons on. If I hit the "preferences saved" button (which surely should only say that if it's, you know... saved any changes, instead of saying that all the time?) then the entire reloads, deletes all my information and claims I didn't fill everything in. If I go back to my settings page after that, the information is back but the subscriptions still aren't saved.

>

> I don't know who your back end coder is for this website, but they uh. They might need to be taken into a back room and given a training course or something, because your website breaks so frequently with Chrome that there's almost no point in me ever checking it on Chrome. I can't read recent news on Chrome, I can't change my account settings on Chrome, it's just absolutely broken.

>

> Advice from me to other people: don't use Chrome for this. Change browsers and see if Firefox or, hell, even the dreaded IE can load this page for you. Because it's probably Chrome.

I don't think Chrome is the problem, I use Chrome for everything and don't have a problem...it even updated the Preferences for the ArenaNet emails(which all originate from NCSoft by the way). Also, mine asked to Update Preferences, did not ask to save them, just update...and I logged out, logged back in and still show activated. I already knew the confirmation e-mail was deactivated, they did that a while ago.

> We've made a small update to the system...When you modify your email subscription via the account settings at https://account.arena.net/settings, we're no longer sending you a confirmation email...

Since earlier this evening I've started getting messages on my log in screen saying I need to very my email. When I click to get a verification email sent to me, nothing shows up in my email box or spam folder.

> @"Chichimec.9364" said:

>

> > We've made a small update to the system...When you modify your email subscription via the account settings at https://account.arena.net/settings, we're no longer sending you a confirmation email...

> Since earlier this evening I've started getting messages on my log in screen saying I need to very my email. When I click to get a verification email sent to me, nothing shows up in my email box or spam folder.

>

That's a different issue, and may be due to the maintenance today.

> @"Charrbeque.8729" said:

> > @"titje.2745" said:

> > i got a confirm email and another mail about the item but didn’t receive the item ingame. i just read i also have to select gw1 sub for the item.. to bad. but i will sub for the item ofc :)

>

> It says to allow up to 8 weeks from April 29 to get the item.

>

> > @"PlagueParade.7942" said:

> > the newsletter settings need to all be to the right, right?

>

> Yes. All 3 to the right and green. (ArenanNet employee said in this thread you do need to be subscribed to all newsletters to get the purple mask skin.)

>

> ![](https://i.imgur.com/7iJOgnc.jpg "")

>

thanks a bunch!

I subscribed to all three newsletters a few days ago (via Firefox). Then I go this email confirmation question at login and (while doing this), went and checked the email subscribtion. All three sliders were set on grey again. But my initial subscribtion was before the system update on April, 2nd, so hopefully it will stay now.

• ArenaNet Staff

> @"aikatara.3462" said:

> I subscribed to all three newsletters a few days ago (via Firefox). Then I go this email confirmation question at login and (while doing this), went and checked the email subscribtion. All three sliders were set on grey again. But my initial subscribtion was before the system update on April, 2nd, so hopefully it will stay now.

This problem should have been fixed, and we're sorry about the convenience! Do let us know if you still see this behavior.