SAB Mount Skins...come on, Anet!

> @"SakuraJD.4720" said:

> would totally love a Shortcut Eagle Griffon Skin. easily the most obvious one to make.. a King Toad could be the Springer, you know because jumping.. a Bee Dog for Jackal perhaps? the Skimmer doesnt have a 1:1, so no idea there.. same for the Raptor.

lilypad for skimmer. Though it wont happen because it's not an animal.

Please

Please

Please

**DONT!**

I'm begging you anet, with heart and soul, **never** make SAB mounts.

We've already seen how horrible the gliders impacted PvE, mounts will be a threefold disaster.

It will really, and I'm not exaggerating, be a reason to keep away from group content.

Luckily the gliders have faded a little, i rarely still see them.

They're distracting, they're noisy, and they ruin the aesthetic of the game.

Please keep all SAB stuff where it belongs, that little corner off Rata Sum.

> @"Trise.2865" said:

> How about some sketches and concept art for how these might look? Why not some sort of description on how these might appear and move? or ideas on how to make that work using existing rigs and animations, while somehow magically keeping with the Adventure Box's jerky-blocky aesthetic? Try bringing something to the table if you want some real attention.

>

> Or, try these: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Exo-Suit_Mounts_Pack

What he suggest is reasonable enough, hes/shes not the artist, its not his/her job to provide the material.

It would be i guess ok to have it but in no way needed, theres plenty of material in game to go by as to what sab mounts could possibly look like.

> @"zealex.9410" said:

> > @"Trise.2865" said:

> > How about some sketches and concept art for how these might look? Why not some sort of description on how these might appear and move? or ideas on how to make that work using existing rigs and animations, while somehow magically keeping with the Adventure Box's jerky-blocky aesthetic? Try bringing something to the table if you want some real attention.

> >

> > Or, try these: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Exo-Suit_Mounts_Pack

>

> What he suggest is reasonable enough, hes/shes not the artist, its not his/her job to provide the material.

>

> It would be i guess ok to have it but in no way needed, theres plenty of material in game to go by as to what sab mounts could possibly look like.

If they can't express exactly what they want, then they won't get it. One need only count up the number of "ANet doesn't listen to ME" threads in the forums (aka all of them) as proof of that.

This is not a matter of artistry, it's a matter of clear, concise communication, which is *everyone's* "job".

Funny thing. My girlfriend mentioned something really interesting. The year mounts came out, we got skins for Halloween AND for Wintersday. I just wondered why it's okay to have them for those festivals, both of which I, and others, find to be meh, but people that like SAB can't have mount skins based on our favorite festival. Food for thought.

> @"Kanok.3027" said:

> Funny thing. My girlfriend mentioned something really interesting. The year mounts came out, we got skins for Halloween AND for Wintersday. I just wondered why it's okay to have them for those festivals, both of which I, and others, find to be meh, but people that like SAB can't have mount skins based on our favorite festival. Food for thought.

When it comes to immersion-breaking, it's easier to suspend your disbelief seeing a GW2 mount, that **looks** like a GW2 mount, but is wearing a scarf and mittens. You can't do that with something that is meant to represent the visual aesthetic from 8-bit platformers, 30 years ago. It's literally impossible to make something like this fit in the world outside SAB, simply because it's **meant** to look like it's from a different game, in a different era. It's not a hard concept to grasp really.

Of course you could always argue that you don't give a kitten about immersion in this game. But then I'd have to remind you that Anet themselves classify this game as a mmo**RPG**. A quick look at the term's definition would, hopefully, help you understand why immersion is important for a game of this type.

> @"Kanok.3027" said:

> Need I remind you that "SAB" is actually in the story? LWS3, when heading to Ember Bay, you actually use Moto's Holographic Simulator, using the NPC's from it that you need to fight. Guess people keep forgetting about that.

SAB precedes LS3 (worst LS writing in the game imo) and what you are referring to was just a nice meta "nod" to the festival. The late Robin Williams made a bunch of anachronistic references in Alladin, from airplanes to Jack Nicholson. Neither air travel nor Jack Nicholson are parts of Alladin's setting or story.

There is no point in arguing too much though, Anet, like any company, values money above all else, immersive settings be kittened. If there are enough of you wanting this, and they have ways of knowing, the mounts will get added sooner or later.

> @"Balsa.3951" said:

> Hell no I remember Tera had a police joke car. Beautiful game aesthetic goes down hill but I guess anet would do it for the money

Like that is the only thing that was in Tera, What about high hill swimwear? Swat uniform? Rave ostrich mount?

> @"Glider.5792" said:

> If they add this, they need to add a feature that turns other peoples gliders/mounts to default skin, or better yet, only specific ones (which we could toggle). Some of us dont want nyan cats running around our screen.

Exactly this! I already despise the SAB gliders, sound effects etc, and would absolutely hate SAB mounts in open world as well. But I wouldn't mind one bit if the options to turn other people's mount skins/glider skins to default was a thing, even better if that option allowed for choosing certain skins to hide, then I wouldn't have to keep having my screen blocked by a stupid meteor glider being deployed in front of me. Anyhow, customisation options like that would keep everyone happy, they could make SAB skins etc for people who like them, and those like me wouldn't have to put up with seeing them if we didn't want to (without having to turn all models to potato settings to avoid doing so)

> @"Kanok.3027" said:

> Need I remind you that "SAB" is actually in the story? LWS3, when heading to Ember Bay, you actually use Moto's Holographic Simulator, using the NPC's from it that you need to fight. Guess people keep forgetting about that.

That is in my opinion a loophole argument. Yes its real, because it was forced in.

If SAB wasnever designed, they would’ve just made a random asura with holographic skills.

Its just that they needed a holographic designer, and there just happened to be an (in)famous one from the festival.

Trust me, no one forgot about that, *because it had nothing to do with SAB*