2019 Speculation for new area

So I've been trying to figure out what this was that I heard before and I know this is vAGUE AF but I've heard speculated rumors that the new LW season might lead us into an older GW1 map and I'm wondering if anyone here knows which area was referenced? I know WoodenPotatoes mentioned it briefly but I absolutely cannot for the life of me remember what he said or even which video ; - ;

I know this is so vague and more than likely only a few will know but I had to ask, thanks in advance y'all! ❤️

> @"GaryOak.6103" said:

> So I've been trying to figure out what this was that I heard before and I know this is vAGUE AF but I've heard speculated rumors that the new LW season might lead us into an older GW1 map and I'm wondering if anyone here knows which area was referenced? I know WoodenPotatoes mentioned it briefly but I absolutely cannot for the life of me remember what he said or even which video ; - ;

>

> I know this is so vague and more than likely only a few will know but I had to ask, thanks in advance y'all! ❤️

Top right corner

> @"Randulf.7614" said:

> The original speculation was north by north east of ascalon into other charr lands

To be fair, I think that was more wishful thinking and less speculation.

I think there were some minor hints like Ohlmakan presence that got people thinking about the charr again.

We've already been to a lot of pivotal nightfall and prophecies areas. Unless we travel to Cantha, they're simply going to run out of nostalgia.

If you want to make a more educated guess, I would suggest hitting up That_shaman's guide to tyria. It is a map of GW2 with a gw1 map border overlay, which could be useful in predicting what areas could be in the cards for the future.

> @"Westenev.5289" said:

> We've already been to a lot of pivotal nightfall and prophecies areas. Unless we travel to Cantha, they're simply going to run out of nostalgia.

>

> If you want to make a more educated guess, I would suggest hitting up That_shaman's guide to tyria. It is a map of GW2 with a gw1 map border overlay, which could be useful in predicting what areas could be in the cards for the future.

There are some eotn places left, but to be honest I’d be happier with all new areas. I think they do really well with fully original designs

> @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > @"Westenev.5289" said:

> > We've already been to a lot of pivotal nightfall and prophecies areas. Unless we travel to Cantha, they're simply going to run out of nostalgia.

> >

> > If you want to make a more educated guess, I would suggest hitting up That_shaman's guide to tyria. It is a map of GW2 with a gw1 map border overlay, which could be useful in predicting what areas could be in the cards for the future.

>

> There are some eotn places left, but to be honest I’d be happier with all new areas. I think they do really well with fully original designs

I dunno, given how Ascalon has changed over the past 200 years I actually want to revisit the Charr Homelands. I get the feeling it might have modernised somewhat. It might be fun to see some more "civilian" Charr cultures.

In a completely unrelated topic, the Gw1 player has never visited the area where Kralkatorik landed in the southern mountain (the giant purple splotch on the map) where I assume Kralk he flew to after PoF and entered the mists. I think Kas and Jory are exploring the area (wouldn't be my first picks if I were leading the team) - so I wouldn't be surprised if we're heading there after hearing from them.

This is just based on what I’ve heard in the story – I don’t have any sources, so it might be best to play through it yourself.

> @"Westenev.5289" said:

> > @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > > @"Westenev.5289" said:

> > > We've already been to a lot of pivotal nightfall and prophecies areas. Unless we travel to Cantha, they're simply going to run out of nostalgia.

> > >

> > > If you want to make a more educated guess, I would suggest hitting up That_shaman's guide to tyria. It is a map of GW2 with a gw1 map border overlay, which could be useful in predicting what areas could be in the cards for the future.

> >

> > There are some eotn places left, but to be honest I’d be happier with all new areas. I think they do really well with fully original designs

>

> I dunno, given how Ascalon has changed over the past 200 years I actually want to revisit the Charr Homelands. I get the feeling it might have modernised somewhat. It might be fun to see some more "civilian" Charr cultures.

>

>

> In a completely unrelated topic, the Gw1 player has never visited the area where Kralkatorik landed in the southern mountain (the giant purple splotch on the map) where I assume Kralk he flew to after PoF and entered the mists. I think Kas and Jory are exploring the area (wouldn't be my first picks if I were leading the team) - so I wouldn't be surprised if we're heading there after hearing from them.

>

> This is just based on what I’ve heard in the story – I don’t have any sources, so it might be best to play through it yourself.

It is possible, but given Kralk seems to be using the mists to hideout it is uncertain he would return to that mountain. I’m not even convinced Kralks story is ending just yet

I'm thinking next map is blood legion homelands based on the large amount of map updates in that area corresponding to the time they planned LWS4 and it's the only area from the most recent large map updates that we haven't been to yet. It also fits in with the story direction, maybe Kralk goes back there to recover or we need to find a new weakness of his to defeat it.

I think next season is going to finish the desert (Marga Coast, Southern Desolation, Kralk's mountain) and then have some new places (hopefully) that we haven't been to in GW1 (maybe Eastern Ascalon, Scavenger's Causeway, and/or some water maps).

> @"Randulf.7614" said:

> It is possible, but given Kralk seems to be using the mists to hideout it is uncertain he would return to that mountain. I’m not even convinced Kralks story is ending just yet

I really hope Kralk's story is done or suspended next episode or early next season because stretching his plot out even more just seems like too much.

> @"Poormany.4507" said:

> I'm thinking next map is blood legion homelands based on the large amount of map updates in that area corresponding to the time they planned LWS4 and it's the only area from the most recent large map updates that we haven't been to yet. It also fits in with the story direction, maybe Kralk goes back there to recover or we need to find a new weakness of his to defeat it.

> I think next season is going to finish the desert (Marga Coast, Southern Desolation, Kralk's mountain) and then have some new places (hopefully) that we haven't been to in GW1 (maybe Eastern Ascalon, Scavenger's Causeway, and/or some water maps).

> > @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > It is possible, but given Kralk seems to be using the mists to hideout it is uncertain he would return to that mountain. I’m not even convinced Kralks story is ending just yet

> I really hope Kralk's story is done or suspended next episode or early next season because stretching his plot out even more just seems like too much.

>

>

Im pretty good at predicting storylines in anything but gw2, so i wouldnt worry

> @"phs.6089" said:

> I just wish no moe nostalgia places. They bet on nostalgia and ignore content.

Agreed. I've often felt kind of bad for the devs at times since they keep getting forced to just "remake this thing from GW1" instead of letting their creativity flow 100%.

> @"coso.9173" said:

> I hope no more desert for a good while.

> Also I hope we get something we haven't seen yet. So no more desert or snowy mountains or stuff like that.

> I wish we'd get a creepy place of some kind. Spooky woods? Swamps? Wishful thinking of course.

I was thinking it would be kinda cool to find a place where another "pale tree" existed. Find a new set of sylvari that survived the HoT culling. Not all of them would have changed, I'm sure. It could have more beautiful, fantasy type forests, that lead into some twisted, haunted looking places, maybe even a mountain somewhere in there. Nothing like HoT maps, but they could have a few levels to traverse. Obviously a canopy wouldn't work.

> @"narcx.3570" said:

> > @"phs.6089" said:

> > I just wish no moe nostalgia places. They bet on nostalgia and ignore content.

>

> Agreed. I've often felt kind of bad for the devs at times since they keep getting forced to just "remake this thing from GW1" instead of letting their creativity flow 100%.

Yes. This is also why I don't kitten care about Cantha.

I want to see NEW places. Wow me with NEW content. We have airships dang it, why limit ourselves!