So Im going to assume this is the teams april fools joke? Just wondering~ before the hype sets in.

> @"Zaklex.6308" said:

> > @"Ayakaru.6583" said:

> > Well, with aurene gone we don't have any big obstructions left for a new race, do we?

> > We've already left the command of the v pact, lost the bond with aurene, and really the only thing left is our community with the Destiny's Razor and Uncle Trombone.

> > So a personal story that leads into how we meet them, and then the new story.

> >

> > It should be cleat in dialogue though, that as the new race, the ''old commander' is still there, the person who killed the elder dragons and Balthazar. You, the player, join as a new member of the group.

> >

> > Note; I'm not advocating a new race, or against it, just offering a suggestion

> >

>

> You're assuming Aurene is gone...there has been no physical proof of that other than her body so far...keep in mind she did talk privately to Glint in the last episode and we have no idea what Glint told her.

We also assumed our tutors were gone, as well as Eir and Trehearne.

There is no more physical proof other than their bodies either.

It's quite natural to see a corpse and think they're dead.

And I don't buy into that Joko loop. Sounds like cheesy writing to me. Then aurene's survivability becomes neglible in the story

> @"Thornwolf.9721" said:

> http://guildwars2.waveofshadow.com/#story

>

> Is this real, I am not sure what to think or believe as it looks real and seems authentic. I just... I mean.... It kinda came out of no where and I don't know what to think....

Just an FYI: If by 'team', you meant ArenaNet, then, no. It has no affiliation with ArenaNet. Just a fan-made April Fool's Day joke.

> @"Ben K.6238" said:

> The layout was fairly well done, but the proposed content would have jumped the shark. Choosing Largos as the first new race since launch? Please.

P-much. Every fan poll shows Tengu as the strongest contender to draw value from the New Race tactic.

Still super curious about what those Elite specs would've been, though.

With the updates to water skills, there's some hope that's where we're going next, but it's also an environment almost universally loathed by MMO players. :P

We'll get faux-Asia before we get underwater, probably.

It's a Rick-Roll. Look at the small words on the page. LOL

(never) SET SAIL FOR AN ADVENTURE

(gonna) UNMASK THE LARGOS

(give) ELITE SPECIALIZATIONS

(you) CATCH A RIDE

(up) HUNT FOR NEW TREASURES

Also, no it's not real if you actually read the fine print at the very bottom of the page under the ArenaNet logo.

>This is an unofficial fan-made concept for Guild Wars 2. The creator is not affiliated with ArenaNet or its partners. Made with ❤ by the servants of the deep sea dragon

> @"Ayakaru.6583" said:

> > @"Zaklex.6308" said:

> > > @"Ayakaru.6583" said:

> > > Well, with aurene gone we don't have any big obstructions left for a new race, do we?

> > > We've already left the command of the v pact, lost the bond with aurene, and really the only thing left is our community with the Destiny's Razor and Uncle Trombone.

> > > So a personal story that leads into how we meet them, and then the new story.

> > >

> > > It should be cleat in dialogue though, that as the new race, the ''old commander' is still there, the person who killed the elder dragons and Balthazar. You, the player, join as a new member of the group.

> > >

> > > Note; I'm not advocating a new race, or against it, just offering a suggestion

> > >

> >

> > You're assuming Aurene is gone...there has been no physical proof of that other than her body so far...keep in mind she did talk privately to Glint in the last episode and we have no idea what Glint told her.

>

> We also assumed our tutors were gone, as well as Eir and Trehearne.

> There is no more physical proof other than their bodies either.

> It's quite natural to see a corpse and think they're dead.

> And I don't buy into that Joko loop. Sounds like cheesy writing to me. Then aurene's survivability becomes neglible in the story

You will notice I didn't mention anything about Joko, I'm skeptical about that as well, but something should come as a result of that conversation with Glint, whether that's being "alive" in the Mists or something...otherwise that was a complete waste imo.

> @"Zaklex.6308" said:

> > @"Ayakaru.6583" said:

> > > @"Zaklex.6308" said:

> > > > @"Ayakaru.6583" said:

> > > > Well, with aurene gone we don't have any big obstructions left for a new race, do we?

> > > > We've already left the command of the v pact, lost the bond with aurene, and really the only thing left is our community with the Destiny's Razor and Uncle Trombone.

> > > > So a personal story that leads into how we meet them, and then the new story.

> > > >

> > > > It should be cleat in dialogue though, that as the new race, the ''old commander' is still there, the person who killed the elder dragons and Balthazar. You, the player, join as a new member of the group.

> > > >

> > > > Note; I'm not advocating a new race, or against it, just offering a suggestion

> > > >

> > >

> > > You're assuming Aurene is gone...there has been no physical proof of that other than her body so far...keep in mind she did talk privately to Glint in the last episode and we have no idea what Glint told her.

> >

> > We also assumed our tutors were gone, as well as Eir and Trehearne.

> > There is no more physical proof other than their bodies either.

> > It's quite natural to see a corpse and think they're dead.

> > And I don't buy into that Joko loop. Sounds like cheesy writing to me. Then aurene's survivability becomes neglible in the story

>

> You will notice I didn't mention anything about Joko, I'm skeptical about that as well, but something should come as a result of that conversation with Glint, whether that's being "alive" in the Mists or something...otherwise that was a complete waste imo.

Oh, they can be alive in the mists. Thats the GW2 equivalent of being dead (unless you’re sylvari).

Inever said there wasn’t going to be a ghost of aurene, or anything else.

Just that the real aurene is dead, how did the commander motivate the soldiers? Today we’re gonna shish-kebab a dragon?

Whatever is going to happen to her *in the mists*, she’ll be gone *in tyria* and we can all move on. No aurene mounts, and one less obstacle for a new race.

> @"Rauderi.8706" said:

> > @"Ben K.6238" said:

> > The layout was fairly well done, but the proposed content would have jumped the shark. Choosing Largos as the first new race since launch? Please.

>

> P-much. Every fan poll shows Tengu as the strongest contender to draw value from the New Race tactic.

> Still super curious about what those Elite specs would've been, though.

>

> With the updates to water skills, there's some hope that's where we're going next, but it's also an environment almost universally loathed by MMO players. :P

> We'll get faux-Asia before we get underwater, probably.

Largos would be easier to implement than tengu though i think. Even though tengu has the same base rig as a charr, alot of armor would probably require alot of rework.

Meanwhile largos, just take a human model, make it blue and stick the largos backpiece on them. The wings would most likely also clip quite a bit, however we already have those as a backpiece soo... does it matter ?

The skinning is the least of their worries, though actually those wings would be a clipping nightmare with all of the other backpieces and quite a lot of armour sets. For any race you choose, there's a whole new set of voiced dialogue and animations that have to be done.

> @"Thornwolf.9721" said:

> > @"Blocki.4931" said:

> > Check the very bottom and you'll see it's a joke

>

> yea I know, and now im just even less motivated to stick around because I know all this will never happen. Like im 100% sad, sucks I guess but then the things I want in this game were never something the community would want or handle so~ Whatever. Have a good one.

Don't be so negative lol, underwater mounts for sure are going to happen. Whatever else we get that isn't on this mock page will be just as good if not better, as both expansions brought new features and content into the game.

> @"Rauderi.8706" said:

> > @"Ben K.6238" said:

> > The layout was fairly well done, but the proposed content would have jumped the shark. Choosing Largos as the first new race since launch? Please.

>

> P-much. Every fan poll shows Tengu as the strongest contender to draw value from the New Race tactic.

> Still super curious about what those Elite specs would've been, though.

Engineer: Diveman/Diver - Super tanky spec. Think of Big daddy from bioshock or Nautilus from League.

Guardian: Sextant - Navigate easier with ships?

Thief: Pirate - Dual pistols, condi spec that poisons and burns heavily.

Mesmer: Siren/Triton - Shatters are replaced with Songs, songs have stronger effects/duration if you got clones/phants (they sing too)

Warrior: Bucaneer or Corsair - Sword/pistol. High damage/low defense. Has shouts.

Necro: Leviathan - Minion master spec. Summons terrors from the deep to fight with you. Death shroud becomes Abyss Shroud, your minions take some damage from you.

Elementalist: Maelstrom - Fights with trident, ranged. Super huge, 10-enemy AoEs that require a bar to be filled.

Ranger: Aquaman? lol

Revenant: Abyssal (new legend: Kanaxai from The Deep). - Power based, high burst damage.

Is this a late April Fool's joke? OF course it's not real. Season 4 is still unfinished, there was no official announcement (or even the slightest hint that they may be working on an expac), there is nothing in the current story that points towards the Largos or the seas in general and the page that is trying to sell an expansion is pretty vague. But sure, you can preorder the only version for 80 bucks.

If anyone thinks it's legit, go ahead, preorder it.

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> Actually, you can't pre-order it; if you try you will be taken to the "April Fool's" page.

> Nor, is it late, as it was released on the 1st of April by the fans that created it.

I didn't know it was up on 1 April, I assumed the late part based on when OP opened this thread. And I didn't hit the button, either, as I anticipated that it would take me to a "bad" place.

> @"Klowdy.3126" said:

> I saw a really good fake video for a new expansion the other day. It had me fooled until it mentioned new dungeons, and a dungeon finder tool, then I looked at the date, lol.

A trailer to an expansion will be a part of an event. They won't just drop it somewhere on the net. That video was only convincing until I recognized it's made of pieces of old trailer footage and footage recorded in areas that are already in the game.