So Im going to assume this is the teams april fools joke? Just wondering~ before the hype sets in.

Looks legit to me

Before people start saying new race, I think it’s going to be like taking over Caithe’s body to do a mission. it says

1) “Experience the story **through the eyes** of a new playable race,

2) “Take control of the mysterious Largos.”

3) Train alongside Largos hunters

So, my take on its is it’s playable in the sense you take control of a Largos body for an unknown amount of time, but not new as you get one from char creation. My guess, it’s similar to a tonic in how it works.

> @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> Looks legit to me

>

> Before people start saying new race, I think it’s going to be like taking over Caithe’s body to do a mission. it says

> 1) “Experience the story **through the eyes** of a new playable race,

> 2) “Take control of the mysterious Largos.”

> 3) Train alongside Largos hunters

>

> So, my take on its is it’s playable in the sense you take control of a Largos body for an unknown amount of time, but not new as you get one from char creation.

says at the bottom you can get cultural armor for them in the expansion, and see it through their eyes though?

> @"Thornwolf.9721" said:

> > @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > Looks legit to me

> >

> > Before people start saying new race, I think it’s going to be like taking over Caithe’s body to do a mission. it says

> > 1) “Experience the story **through the eyes** of a new playable race,

> > 2) “Take control of the mysterious Largos.”

> > 3) Train alongside Largos hunters

> >

> > So, my take on its is it’s playable in the sense you take control of a Largos body for an unknown amount of time, but not new as you get one from char creation.

>

> says at the bottom you can get cultural armor for them in the expansion, and see it through their eyes though?

If you’re seeing through their eyes you’re not seeing through your char’s eyes, which is why I think it’s like when we took over Caithe’s body for that mission, but it appears with a twist of being able to change up the armor.

> > @"Thornwolf.9721" said:

> > > @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > > Looks legit to me

> > >

> > > Before people start saying new race, I think it’s going to be like taking over Caithe’s body to do a mission. it says

> > > 1) “Experience the story **through the eyes** of a new playable race,

> > > 2) “Take control of the mysterious Largos.”

> > > 3) Train alongside Largos hunters

> > >

> > > So, my take on its is it’s playable in the sense you take control of a Largos body for an unknown amount of time, but not new as you get one from char creation.

> >

> > says at the bottom you can get cultural armor for them in the expansion, and see it through their eyes though?

>

> If you’re seeing through their eyes you’re not seeing through your char’s eyes, which is why I think it’s like when we took over Caithe’s body for that mission, but it appears with a twist of being able to change up the armor.

Im pretty sure its fake anyhow, like all this would come to pass. I found out from another thread that it is a fan done thing supposedly; Here I was hoping for a new playable race and a cool expansion to be somewhere on the horizon after season 5 (Still a long way off.) anything that comes out now will be disappointing...

> @"Blocki.4931" said:

> Check the very bottom and you'll see it's a joke

yea I know, and now im just even less motivated to stick around because I know all this will never happen. Like im 100% sad, sucks I guess but then the things I want in this game were never something the community would want or handle so~ Whatever. Have a good one.

> @"Thornwolf.9721" said:

> > > @"Thornwolf.9721" said:

> > > > @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > > > Looks legit to me

> > > >

> > > > Before people start saying new race, I think it’s going to be like taking over Caithe’s body to do a mission. it says

> > > > 1) “Experience the story **through the eyes** of a new playable race,

> > > > 2) “Take control of the mysterious Largos.”

> > > > 3) Train alongside Largos hunters

> > > >

> > > > So, my take on its is it’s playable in the sense you take control of a Largos body for an unknown amount of time, but not new as you get one from char creation.

> > >

> > > says at the bottom you can get cultural armor for them in the expansion, and see it through their eyes though?

> >

> > If you’re seeing through their eyes you’re not seeing through your char’s eyes, which is why I think it’s like when we took over Caithe’s body for that mission, but it appears with a twist of being able to change up the armor.

>

> Im pretty sure its fake anyhow, like all this would come to pass. **I found out from another thread that it is a fan done thing** supposedly; Here I was hoping for a new playable race and a cool expansion to be somewhere on the horizon after season 5 (Still a long way off.) anything that comes out now will be disappointing...

Well, that’s disappointing.

> > @"Thornwolf.9721" said:

> > > > @"Thornwolf.9721" said:

> > > > > @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > > > > Looks legit to me

> > > > >

> > > > > Before people start saying new race, I think it’s going to be like taking over Caithe’s body to do a mission. it says

> > > > > 1) “Experience the story **through the eyes** of a new playable race,

> > > > > 2) “Take control of the mysterious Largos.”

> > > > > 3) Train alongside Largos hunters

> > > > >

> > > > > So, my take on its is it’s playable in the sense you take control of a Largos body for an unknown amount of time, but not new as you get one from char creation.

> > > >

> > > > says at the bottom you can get cultural armor for them in the expansion, and see it through their eyes though?

> > >

> > > If you’re seeing through their eyes you’re not seeing through your char’s eyes, which is why I think it’s like when we took over Caithe’s body for that mission, but it appears with a twist of being able to change up the armor.

> >

> > Im pretty sure its fake anyhow, like all this would come to pass. **I found out from another thread that it is a fan done thing** supposedly; Here I was hoping for a new playable race and a cool expansion to be somewhere on the horizon after season 5 (Still a long way off.) anything that comes out now will be disappointing...

>

> Well, that’s disappointing.

Do "inspect page" on the site, the first thing you see at the top of the page code is "Hire me ArenaNet!".

> @"Glider.5792" said:

> > > @"Thornwolf.9721" said:

> > > > > @"Thornwolf.9721" said:

> > > > > > @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > > > > > Looks legit to me

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Before people start saying new race, I think it’s going to be like taking over Caithe’s body to do a mission. it says

> > > > > > 1) “Experience the story **through the eyes** of a new playable race,

> > > > > > 2) “Take control of the mysterious Largos.”

> > > > > > 3) Train alongside Largos hunters

> > > > > >

> > > > > > So, my take on its is it’s playable in the sense you take control of a Largos body for an unknown amount of time, but not new as you get one from char creation.

> > > > >

> > > > > says at the bottom you can get cultural armor for them in the expansion, and see it through their eyes though?

> > > >

> > > > If you’re seeing through their eyes you’re not seeing through your char’s eyes, which is why I think it’s like when we took over Caithe’s body for that mission, but it appears with a twist of being able to change up the armor.

> > >

> > > Im pretty sure its fake anyhow, like all this would come to pass. **I found out from another thread that it is a fan done thing** supposedly; Here I was hoping for a new playable race and a cool expansion to be somewhere on the horizon after season 5 (Still a long way off.) anything that comes out now will be disappointing...

> >

> > Well, that’s disappointing.

>

> Do "inspect page" on the site, the first thing you see at the top of the page code is "Hire me ArenaNet!".

How do you do that with an iPad?

> > @"Glider.5792" said:

> > > > @"Thornwolf.9721" said:

> > > > > > @"Thornwolf.9721" said:

> > > > > > > @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > > > > > > Looks legit to me

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Before people start saying new race, I think it’s going to be like taking over Caithe’s body to do a mission. it says

> > > > > > > 1) “Experience the story **through the eyes** of a new playable race,

> > > > > > > 2) “Take control of the mysterious Largos.”

> > > > > > > 3) Train alongside Largos hunters

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > So, my take on its is it’s playable in the sense you take control of a Largos body for an unknown amount of time, but not new as you get one from char creation.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > says at the bottom you can get cultural armor for them in the expansion, and see it through their eyes though?

> > > > >

> > > > > If you’re seeing through their eyes you’re not seeing through your char’s eyes, which is why I think it’s like when we took over Caithe’s body for that mission, but it appears with a twist of being able to change up the armor.

> > > >

> > > > Im pretty sure its fake anyhow, like all this would come to pass. **I found out from another thread that it is a fan done thing** supposedly; Here I was hoping for a new playable race and a cool expansion to be somewhere on the horizon after season 5 (Still a long way off.) anything that comes out now will be disappointing...

> > >

> > > Well, that’s disappointing.

> >

> > Do "inspect page" on the site, the first thing you see at the top of the page code is "Hire me ArenaNet!".

>

> How do you do that with an iPad?

>

You need to add "view-source:" to the front of the link in your browser.

Soo, like this: "view-source:http://guildwars2.waveofshadow.com/#story"

> @"Glider.5792" said:

> > > @"Glider.5792" said:

> > > > > @"Thornwolf.9721" said:

> > > > > > > @"Thornwolf.9721" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > > > > > > > Looks legit to me

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Before people start saying new race, I think it’s going to be like taking over Caithe’s body to do a mission. it says

> > > > > > > > 1) “Experience the story **through the eyes** of a new playable race,

> > > > > > > > 2) “Take control of the mysterious Largos.”

> > > > > > > > 3) Train alongside Largos hunters

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > So, my take on its is it’s playable in the sense you take control of a Largos body for an unknown amount of time, but not new as you get one from char creation.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > says at the bottom you can get cultural armor for them in the expansion, and see it through their eyes though?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > If you’re seeing through their eyes you’re not seeing through your char’s eyes, which is why I think it’s like when we took over Caithe’s body for that mission, but it appears with a twist of being able to change up the armor.

> > > > >

> > > > > Im pretty sure its fake anyhow, like all this would come to pass. **I found out from another thread that it is a fan done thing** supposedly; Here I was hoping for a new playable race and a cool expansion to be somewhere on the horizon after season 5 (Still a long way off.) anything that comes out now will be disappointing...

> > > >

> > > > Well, that’s disappointing.

> > >

> > > Do "inspect page" on the site, the first thing you see at the top of the page code is "Hire me ArenaNet!".

> >

> > How do you do that with an iPad?

> >

>

> You need to add "view-source:" to the front of the link in your browser.

> Soo, like this: "view-source:http://guildwars2.waveofshadow.com/#story"

I copied that and pasted it in the search box. It says then: Safari cannot open the page because the address is invalid.

> > @"Glider.5792" said:

> > > > @"Glider.5792" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Thornwolf.9721" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > > > > > > > > Looks legit to me

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Before people start saying new race, I think it’s going to be like taking over Caithe’s body to do a mission. it says

> > > > > > > > > 1) “Experience the story **through the eyes** of a new playable race,

> > > > > > > > > 2) “Take control of the mysterious Largos.”

> > > > > > > > > 3) Train alongside Largos hunters

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > So, my take on its is it’s playable in the sense you take control of a Largos body for an unknown amount of time, but not new as you get one from char creation.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > says at the bottom you can get cultural armor for them in the expansion, and see it through their eyes though?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > If you’re seeing through their eyes you’re not seeing through your char’s eyes, which is why I think it’s like when we took over Caithe’s body for that mission, but it appears with a twist of being able to change up the armor.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Im pretty sure its fake anyhow, like all this would come to pass. **I found out from another thread that it is a fan done thing** supposedly; Here I was hoping for a new playable race and a cool expansion to be somewhere on the horizon after season 5 (Still a long way off.) anything that comes out now will be disappointing...

> > > > >

> > > > > Well, that’s disappointing.

> > > >

> > > > Do "inspect page" on the site, the first thing you see at the top of the page code is "Hire me ArenaNet!".

> > >

> > > How do you do that with an iPad?

> > >

> >

> > You need to add "view-source:" to the front of the link in your browser.

> > Soo, like this: "view-source:http://guildwars2.waveofshadow.com/#story"

>

> I copied that and pasted it in the search box. It says then: Safari cannot open the page because the address is invalid.

Gonna try it this way then.

https://prnt.sc/n6r8v6

Sadly dont know how to directly put an image on the forum :disappointed:

> @"Glider.5792" said:

> > > > > @"Glider.5792" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Thornwolf.9721" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > > > > > > > > > Looks legit to me

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Before people start saying new race, I think it’s going to be like taking over Caithe’s body to do a mission. it says

> > > > > > > > > > 1) “Experience the story **through the eyes** of a new playable race,

> > > > > > > > > > 2) “Take control of the mysterious Largos.”

> > > > > > > > > > 3) Train alongside Largos hunters

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > So, my take on its is it’s playable in the sense you take control of a Largos body for an unknown amount of time, but not new as you get one from char creation.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > says at the bottom you can get cultural armor for them in the expansion, and see it through their eyes though?

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > If you’re seeing through their eyes you’re not seeing through your char’s eyes, which is why I think it’s like when we took over Caithe’s body for that mission, but it appears with a twist of being able to change up the armor.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Im pretty sure its fake anyhow, like all this would come to pass. **I found out from another thread that it is a fan done thing** supposedly; Here I was hoping for a new playable race and a cool expansion to be somewhere on the horizon after season 5 (Still a long way off.) anything that comes out now will be disappointing...

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Well, that’s disappointing.

> > > > >

> > > > > Do "inspect page" on the site, the first thing you see at the top of the page code is "Hire me ArenaNet!".

> > > >

> > > > How do you do that with an iPad?

> > > >

> > >

> > > You need to add "view-source:" to the front of the link in your browser.

> > > Soo, like this: "view-source:http://guildwars2.waveofshadow.com/#story"

> >

> > I copied that and pasted it in the search box. It says then: Safari cannot open the page because the address is invalid.

>

> Gonna try it this way then.

> https://prnt.sc/n6r8v6

> Sadly dont know how to directly put an image on the forum :disappointed:

Interesting.

I googled the process to view source for iPad. Apparently have to jump through some hoops to see it: https://www.hongkiat.com/blog/view-source-codes-in-ipad-iphone/

You can open the 'Credits' link, as well, and see who created the page/content.

And, of course, there's this:

_This is an unofficial fan-made concept for Guild Wars 2. The creator is not affiliated with ArenaNet or its partners._

_Made with ❤ by the servants of the deep sea dragon_

And this, when you follow the preorder links:

_April Fools_

_This page has been lost to the mists_

Well, with aurene gone we don't have any big obstructions left for a new race, do we?

We've already left the command of the v pact, lost the bond with aurene, and really the only thing left is our community with the Destiny's Razor and Uncle Trombone.

So a personal story that leads into how we meet them, and then the new story.

It should be cleat in dialogue though, that as the new race, the ''old commander' is still there, the person who killed the elder dragons and Balthazar. You, the player, join as a new member of the group.

Note; I'm not advocating a new race, or against it, just offering a suggestion

> @"Ayakaru.6583" said:

> Well, with aurene gone we don't have any big obstructions left for a new race, do we?

> We've already left the command of the v pact, lost the bond with aurene, and really the only thing left is our community with the Destiny's Razor and Uncle Trombone.

> So a personal story that leads into how we meet them, and then the new story.

>

> It should be cleat in dialogue though, that as the new race, the ''old commander' is still there, the person who killed the elder dragons and Balthazar. You, the player, join as a new member of the group.

>

> Note; I'm not advocating a new race, or against it, just offering a suggestion

>

I always felt the best way to add a new race would be giving them a personal story that explains them leaving wherever they came from, meeting a members of the got-snaff-killed-krewe and deciding to join the fight against zhaitan. That way they can really be "the commander" and don't need to be locked out of older content.

> > @"Glider.5792" said:

> > > > @"Glider.5792" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Thornwolf.9721" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > > > > > > > > Looks legit to me

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Before people start saying new race, I think it’s going to be like taking over Caithe’s body to do a mission. it says

> > > > > > > > > 1) “Experience the story **through the eyes** of a new playable race,

> > > > > > > > > 2) “Take control of the mysterious Largos.”

> > > > > > > > > 3) Train alongside Largos hunters

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > So, my take on its is it’s playable in the sense you take control of a Largos body for an unknown amount of time, but not new as you get one from char creation.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > says at the bottom you can get cultural armor for them in the expansion, and see it through their eyes though?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > If you’re seeing through their eyes you’re not seeing through your char’s eyes, which is why I think it’s like when we took over Caithe’s body for that mission, but it appears with a twist of being able to change up the armor.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Im pretty sure its fake anyhow, like all this would come to pass. **I found out from another thread that it is a fan done thing** supposedly; Here I was hoping for a new playable race and a cool expansion to be somewhere on the horizon after season 5 (Still a long way off.) anything that comes out now will be disappointing...

> > > > >

> > > > > Well, that’s disappointing.

> > > >

> > > > Do "inspect page" on the site, the first thing you see at the top of the page code is "Hire me ArenaNet!".

> > >

> > > How do you do that with an iPad?

> > >

> >

> > You need to add "view-source:" to the front of the link in your browser.

> > Soo, like this: "view-source:http://guildwars2.waveofshadow.com/#story"

>

> I copied that and pasted it in the search box. It says then: Safari cannot open the page because the address is invalid.

Using the iPad to buy a PC is also an option.

The easiest way to tell is to look at the address: http://guildwars2.waveofshadow.com/#story the fact that the 'wave of shadows' part comes before the .com shows you thart this is an entirely seperate website and not part of www.guildwars2.com. (Compare with: https://www.guildwars2.com/en-gb/path-of-fire/)

That and it's not on the main page of the GW2 site (which is still HoT themed), not mentioned on any social media or this forum, or on the game's launcher and not mentioned anywhere except that one site. Oh and Anet have repeatedly said they're doing Season 5 _instead of_ another expansion and not going to announce or release another expansion until that's done - which will be at least a year away.

> @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > > > > @"Glider.5792" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Thornwolf.9721" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > > > > > > > > > Looks legit to me

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Before people start saying new race, I think it’s going to be like taking over Caithe’s body to do a mission. it says

> > > > > > > > > > 1) “Experience the story **through the eyes** of a new playable race,

> > > > > > > > > > 2) “Take control of the mysterious Largos.”

> > > > > > > > > > 3) Train alongside Largos hunters

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > So, my take on its is it’s playable in the sense you take control of a Largos body for an unknown amount of time, but not new as you get one from char creation.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > says at the bottom you can get cultural armor for them in the expansion, and see it through their eyes though?

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > If you’re seeing through their eyes you’re not seeing through your char’s eyes, which is why I think it’s like when we took over Caithe’s body for that mission, but it appears with a twist of being able to change up the armor.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Im pretty sure its fake anyhow, like all this would come to pass. **I found out from another thread that it is a fan done thing** supposedly; Here I was hoping for a new playable race and a cool expansion to be somewhere on the horizon after season 5 (Still a long way off.) anything that comes out now will be disappointing...

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Well, that’s disappointing.

> > > > >

> > > > > Do "inspect page" on the site, the first thing you see at the top of the page code is "Hire me ArenaNet!".

> > > >

> > > > How do you do that with an iPad?

> > > >

> > >

> > > You need to add "view-source:" to the front of the link in your browser.

> > > Soo, like this: "view-source:http://guildwars2.waveofshadow.com/#story"

> >

> > I copied that and pasted it in the search box. It says then: Safari cannot open the page because the address is invalid.

> Using the iPad to buy a PC is also an option.

Thanks for the suggestion. However since it’s not possible to play gw2 on an iPad that means I already have a computer. However I don’t view the forum on it because the iPad is easier to carry around.

> @"Ayakaru.6583" said:

> Well, with aurene gone we don't have any big obstructions left for a new race, do we?

> We've already left the command of the v pact, lost the bond with aurene, and really the only thing left is our community with the Destiny's Razor and Uncle Trombone.

> So a personal story that leads into how we meet them, and then the new story.

>

> It should be cleat in dialogue though, that as the new race, the ''old commander' is still there, the person who killed the elder dragons and Balthazar. You, the player, join as a new member of the group.

>

> Note; I'm not advocating a new race, or against it, just offering a suggestion

>

You're assuming Aurene is gone...there has been no physical proof of that other than her body so far...keep in mind she did talk privately to Glint in the last episode and we have no idea what Glint told her.