April 9 WvW changes

steki.1478

> @"nthmetal.9652" said:

> > @"JoEWas.1409" said:

> > WELCOME TO THE KTRAIN META BOYS NO FIGHTS ON THESE TRACKS

>

> Cannot confirm. I can confirm, that objectives break easier, so it's easier to get in. So it will be harder to keep objectives without defenders present and you need quick response teams or objectives will flip faster.

You just described off-peak times.

Anyway, Anet are TRYING to develop a semi-secret Time-To-Entry project that they've talked about on the Livestream.

Let's speculate...

It might be something as simple as an Improved Emergency Waypoint Tactivator or

... something else entirely -

maybe a postern door type thing?

They could do it as a kind of portal instead of trying to modify the wall graphics -

hopefully they put the waypoint/portal-out in an airship above the objective so the enemy can't bomb it as you spawn in (that one was _not_ my idea) - I guess that's what the tactivator should have been in the first place.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Svarty.8019" said:

> hopefully they put the waypoint/portal-out in an airship above the objective so the enemy can't bomb it as you spawn in (that one was _not_ my idea) - I guess that's what the tactivator should have been in the first place.

Hey that was my idea :p

Just spawn a static airship with the EWP in, then allow players to glide down from it. Easy change with existing assets.

> @"Cristalyan.5728" said:

> If they ask something and the result is a chaos of mixed answers, that means they don't know **how** to ask.

what makes you think that they even should? you think its wise for a game to be steered by the players? think again lol. that same chaos of mixed answers would see trebs buffed 50%, walls buffed 50%, aoe nerfed 50%; basically everything would be out of whack.

> @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> > @"Cristalyan.5728" said:

> > If they ask something and the result is a chaos of mixed answers, that means they don't know **how** to ask.

>

> what makes you think that they even should? you think its wise for a game to be steered by the players? think again lol. that same chaos of mixed answers would see trebs buffed 50%, walls buffed 50%, aoe nerfed 50%; basically everything would be out of whack.

Because the alternative is for Anet to do it.

> @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > @"Svarty.8019" said:

> > hopefully they put the waypoint/portal-out in an airship above the objective so the enemy can't bomb it as you spawn in (that one was _not_ my idea) - I guess that's what the tactivator should have been in the first place.

> Hey that was my idea :p

> Just spawn a static airship with the EWP in, then allow players to glide down from it. Easy change with existing assets.

And then at last Ballista would be meta on offense. :)