Guilds in GW2 ?

tim.4596

> @"Nogothanc.5014" said:

> I remember in GW1 the times as the server wide message appeared that Guild [insert guild name] has won the favor of the gods. I thanked them and went immediately to the Temple of the Ages to get into the Fissure of Woe. Only the region (America, Asia or Europe) that has won the tournament five times in a row got the favor of the gods and only that region could enter the elite maps The Fissure of Woe and The Underworld. It was literally a permanent Guild War going on. That kind of competition and that kind of importance is missing for Guilds in GW2.

There are guild themes that play when certain events happen in Guild Wars 2 and you can even select the music that plays in your guild hall. That much at least, remains. Guilds can claim and, if they want, try to hold towers in WvW as well. Your guild banner is displayed on the tower. This game isn't without guild stuff like that.

> @"Vayne.8563" said:

> > @"Nogothanc.5014" said:

> > I remember in GW1 the times as the server wide message appeared that Guild [insert guild name] has won the favor of the gods. I thanked them and went immediately to the Temple of the Ages to get into the Fissure of Woe. Only the region (America, Asia or Europe) that has won the tournament five times in a row got the favor of the gods and only that region could enter the elite maps The Fissure of Woe and The Underworld. It was literally a permanent Guild War going on. That kind of competition and that kind of importance is missing for Guilds in GW2.

>

> There are guild themes that play when certain events happen in Guild Wars 2 and you can even select the music that plays in your guild hall. That much at least, remains. Guilds can claim and, if they want, try to hold towers in WvW as well. Your guild banner is displayed on the tower. This game isn't without guild stuff like that.

I think needing to unlock buildings from the Guild hall, just to hold towers in WvW is a bad joke. I mean how does holding a tower in WvW benefit your Guild in anyway? same for everything else. There is no point in having a Guild currently, except from unlocking extra features, that are rewardless in what is supposed to be a competitive environment.

> @"tim.4596" said:

> > @"Vayne.8563" said:

> > > @"Nogothanc.5014" said:

> > > I remember in GW1 the times as the server wide message appeared that Guild [insert guild name] has won the favor of the gods. I thanked them and went immediately to the Temple of the Ages to get into the Fissure of Woe. Only the region (America, Asia or Europe) that has won the tournament five times in a row got the favor of the gods and only that region could enter the elite maps The Fissure of Woe and The Underworld. It was literally a permanent Guild War going on. That kind of competition and that kind of importance is missing for Guilds in GW2.

> >

> > There are guild themes that play when certain events happen in Guild Wars 2 and you can even select the music that plays in your guild hall. That much at least, remains. Guilds can claim and, if they want, try to hold towers in WvW as well. Your guild banner is displayed on the tower. This game isn't without guild stuff like that.

>

> I think needing to unlock buildings from the Guild hall, just to hold towers in WvW is a bad joke. I mean how does holding a tower in WvW benefit your Guild in anyway? same for everything else. There is no point in having a Guild currently, except from unlocking extra features, that are rewardless in what is supposed to be a competitive environment.

I guess there are different types of players who want and like different types of things. To me a guild is more like a family. A group of people who support each other. There are plenty of things that I wouldn't pug, but I would play with my guild. If it's all about just what you can get, or having to join a guild, you're looking at it the wrong way.

I didn't PvP much in Guild Wars 1 and I never GvGed, nor do I believe did most of the population. There was less reason to have a guild in Guild Wars 1 than here. Fewer guild buffs, less customisation, no guild missions. And yet you never hear people talk about having to or not having to have a guild.

There are raid training guilds, social guilds, honestly I wouldn't be playing this game as much as I do, or maybe even at all if it weren't for my guild. So I'd say the guild is pretty damned important to someone like me. If you're only looking at mechanical advantage, you're missing the real benefits of a guild.

If I want an achievement and there aren't many people in the zone, I can usually count of my guild to come help out. I'm not talking about big stuff like Dragon Stand that gets done anyway. I'm talking about smaller stuff that doesn't always get done. Having that back up sure helps. Having people to play with, even if it's less interesting stuff like chatting while I world complete helps.

I can guess why some people see the lack of value in guilds but I'd be hard pressed to find reasons to play the hours I put into this game without that camraderie. You just don't get that from pugging.

> @"Vayne.8563" said:

> If I want an achievement and there aren't many people in the zone, I can usually count of my guild to come help out. I'm not talking about big stuff like Dragon Stand that gets done anyway. I'm talking about smaller stuff that doesn't always get done. Having that back up sure helps. Having people to play with, even if it's less interesting stuff like chatting while I world complete helps.

Agreed. I have a very small guild of close friends and family who all have similar time-constraints when it comes to being available to play (work, family, etc). Once the changes were made that pretty much nerfed our small little guild into obscurity, we really only do events together that aren't "guild" events.

> @"Tumult.2578" said:

>... I liked being able to drop banners and food to help everyone at events, and I could do so much more now, but to me guilds died when they implemented the cost and requirements to create a guild. I'm most certainly not alone on this.

Yeah, even our small guild was able to crank out a banner or two at events from time to time. Now, without a hall, we don't have this ability.

> @"Tiviana.2650" said:

> To me a guild has always been a group of people who come together and help each other, and do events and content together. They socialize with each other, become friends and share interests. They share commonalities and goals, or friendships. Its them together standing up for their own. Im probably outdated in my thinking because i come from an older generation that believe a guild was more than just a tag and a place to get bonuses.

You're definitely not alone in this thinking.

> @"kharmin.7683" said:

> > @"Vayne.8563" said:

> > If I want an achievement and there aren't many people in the zone, I can usually count of my guild to come help out. I'm not talking about big stuff like Dragon Stand that gets done anyway. I'm talking about smaller stuff that doesn't always get done. Having that back up sure helps. Having people to play with, even if it's less interesting stuff like chatting while I world complete helps.

>

> Agreed. I have a very small guild of close friends and family who all have similar time-constraints when it comes to being available to play (work, family, etc). Once the changes were made that pretty much nerfed our small little guild into obscurity, we really only do events together that aren't "guild" events.

>

> > @"Tumult.2578" said:

> >... I liked being able to drop banners and food to help everyone at events, and I could do so much more now, but to me guilds died when they implemented the cost and requirements to create a guild. I'm most certainly not alone on this.

> Yeah, even our small guild was able to crank out a banner or two at events from time to time. Now, without a hall, we don't have this ability.

What do you mean by that "without a hall we don't have this ability"? Isn't getting a hall available to hall players ?

> > @"Tiviana.2650" said:

> > To me a guild has always been a group of people who come together and help each other, and do events and content together. They socialize with each other, become friends and share interests. They share commonalities and goals, or friendships. Its them together standing up for their own. Im probably outdated in my thinking because i come from an older generation that believe a guild was more than just a tag and a place to get bonuses.

> You're definitely not alone in this thinking.

Well yes, but I think it's also important not to forget why their are Guilds in the first place in an MMORPG. It is indeed to form a community of players, but it also generally comes out of a need for a Guild. As of now, guilds are nothing more than an extended friend list, with players you might be prone to recurrently play with. I think our thinking might diverge but I wouldn't ask any of my guild mates for help to do any quest of some sort unless there is no way around it, or if they can as well get something from it. Otherwise you'd just be exploiting other people's time for no reason at all than your own benefits...

> @"tim.4596" said:

> > @"kharmin.7683" said:

> > > @"Vayne.8563" said:

> > > If I want an achievement and there aren't many people in the zone, I can usually count of my guild to come help out. I'm not talking about big stuff like Dragon Stand that gets done anyway. I'm talking about smaller stuff that doesn't always get done. Having that back up sure helps. Having people to play with, even if it's less interesting stuff like chatting while I world complete helps.

> >

> > Agreed. I have a very small guild of close friends and family who all have similar time-constraints when it comes to being available to play (work, family, etc). Once the changes were made that pretty much nerfed our small little guild into obscurity, we really only do events together that aren't "guild" events.

> >

> > > @"Tumult.2578" said:

> > >... I liked being able to drop banners and food to help everyone at events, and I could do so much more now, but to me guilds died when they implemented the cost and requirements to create a guild. I'm most certainly not alone on this.

> > Yeah, even our small guild was able to crank out a banner or two at events from time to time. Now, without a hall, we don't have this ability.

>

> What do you mean by that "without a hall we don't have this ability"? Isn't getting a hall available to hall players ?

>

> > > @"Tiviana.2650" said:

> > > To me a guild has always been a group of people who come together and help each other, and do events and content together. They socialize with each other, become friends and share interests. They share commonalities and goals, or friendships. Its them together standing up for their own. Im probably outdated in my thinking because i come from an older generation that believe a guild was more than just a tag and a place to get bonuses.

> > You're definitely not alone in this thinking.

>

> Well yes, but I think it's also important not to forget why their are Guilds in the first place in an MMORPG. It is indeed to form a community of players, but it also generally comes out of a need for a Guild. As of now, guilds are nothing more than an extended friend list, with players you might be prone to recurrently play with. I think our thinking might diverge but I wouldn't ask any of my guild mates for help to do any quest of some sort unless there is no way around it, or if they can as well get something from it. Otherwise you'd just be exploiting other people's time for no reason at all than your own benefits...

>

Actually, there are people in my guild who enjoy helping people and not asking them for help would be hurtful to them if they new I needed help and I didn't ask. The same works for me. I like helping people. One of the things my guild was founded on was helping people get stuff done. We even have an evening set aside for just that purpose.

Are you suggesting asking your friends for helping is using them? Maybe it is. On the other hand, using people is not the same thing as abusing them. We all use people all the time. For company. For entertainment. For help. My friends helped me move. And I've helped them move. I didn't feel exploited. Obviously if all you do is ask for help repeatedly without trying to do something, you can start to strain the bonds of what's reasonable, but different people have different levels of that.

In fact, this game is set up uniquely for that, because if I go to a lower level zone, I can still get drops at my level and almost everything I do gives me something. And yes,, there are a couple of times that's not true, but by and large, most of my game time is spend helping people with stuff. It gives me something to do, keeps the game fresh and I don't feel like I'm missing out. I'm always making progress on something. Even if it's just helping someone find a POI they can't find, I'll farm some wood or metal on the way there.

Sorry but this idea that everyone has to get something out of it just because we're playing a game together sounds very mercenary to me. That's not how I play and it's not how I'll ever play. I guess we really are different.

Guilds for me were a housing of like minded players who wanted to play together...

So when Team queue for PvP was removed, our ability to team queue was removed and so the guilds I was in died.

Guilds to me are a reminder of better days because most of the greyed out names say last login was 2 years ago, roughly when team queue was removed.

TLDR: A graveyard of fallen comrades.

> @"Vayne.8563" said:

> > @"tim.4596" said:

> > > @"kharmin.7683" said:

> > > > @"Vayne.8563" said:

> > > > If I want an achievement and there aren't many people in the zone, I can usually count of my guild to come help out. I'm not talking about big stuff like Dragon Stand that gets done anyway. I'm talking about smaller stuff that doesn't always get done. Having that back up sure helps. Having people to play with, even if it's less interesting stuff like chatting while I world complete helps.

> > >

> > > Agreed. I have a very small guild of close friends and family who all have similar time-constraints when it comes to being available to play (work, family, etc). Once the changes were made that pretty much nerfed our small little guild into obscurity, we really only do events together that aren't "guild" events.

> > >

> > > > @"Tumult.2578" said:

> > > >... I liked being able to drop banners and food to help everyone at events, and I could do so much more now, but to me guilds died when they implemented the cost and requirements to create a guild. I'm most certainly not alone on this.

> > > Yeah, even our small guild was able to crank out a banner or two at events from time to time. Now, without a hall, we don't have this ability.

> >

> > What do you mean by that "without a hall we don't have this ability"? Isn't getting a hall available to hall players ?

> >

> > > > @"Tiviana.2650" said:

> > > > To me a guild has always been a group of people who come together and help each other, and do events and content together. They socialize with each other, become friends and share interests. They share commonalities and goals, or friendships. Its them together standing up for their own. Im probably outdated in my thinking because i come from an older generation that believe a guild was more than just a tag and a place to get bonuses.

> > > You're definitely not alone in this thinking.

> >

> > Well yes, but I think it's also important not to forget why their are Guilds in the first place in an MMORPG. It is indeed to form a community of players, but it also generally comes out of a need for a Guild. As of now, guilds are nothing more than an extended friend list, with players you might be prone to recurrently play with. I think our thinking might diverge but I wouldn't ask any of my guild mates for help to do any quest of some sort unless there is no way around it, or if they can as well get something from it. Otherwise you'd just be exploiting other people's time for no reason at all than your own benefits...

> >

>

> Actually, there are people in my guild who enjoy helping people and not asking them for help would be hurtful to them if they new I needed help and I didn't ask. The same works for me. I like helping people. One of the things my guild was founded on was helping people get stuff done. We even have an evening set aside for just that purpose.

>

> Are you suggesting asking your friends for helping is using them? Maybe it is. On the other hand, using people is not the same thing as abusing them. We all use people all the time. For company. For entertainment. For help. My friends helped me move. And I've helped them move. I didn't feel exploited. Obviously if all you do is ask for help repeatedly without trying to do something, you can start to strain the bonds of what's reasonable, but different people have different levels of that.

>

> In fact, this game is set up uniquely for that, because if I go to a lower level zone, I can still get drops at my level and almost everything I do gives me something. And yes,, there are a couple of times that's not true, but by and large, most of my game time is spend helping people with stuff. It gives me something to do, keeps the game fresh and I don't feel like I'm missing out. I'm always making progress on something. Even if it's just helping someone find a POI they can't find, I'll farm some wood or metal on the way there.

>

> Sorry but this idea that everyone has to get something out of it just because we're playing a game together sounds very mercenary to me. That's not how I play and it's not how I'll ever play. I guess we really are different.

I'm not sure to be honest. This game is so grindy that once you've done all your dailies that's 2h of meta 1h of fractals 10-20min of daily (pact supply + 3 daily) you barely have time to come help people. Those are just the dailies, most of the time, you might as well be crafting legendary etc... and need to do collection. That if people ask for something doable solo, it feels a bit forced.

> @"tim.4596" said:

> Well yes, but I think it's also important not to forget why their are Guilds in the first place in an MMORPG. It is indeed to form a community of players, but it also generally comes out of a need for a Guild.

> Otherwise you'd just be exploiting other people's time for no reason at all than your own benefits...

It's funny to me that you say this because, in my experience, the average guild in a traditional MMO is little more than a kleptocracy, where the inner circle of ranking members enrich themselves through the efforts of the rank and file. Unless you were one of the beneficiaries, that was a lateral move from the plague of ninja looters that you found in PUGs. GW's loot system is at the core of why guilds aren't necessary. There is no ninja looting here. When there is no ninja looting, there is no need to surrender your looting rights to a master looter. When there are no master looters, there is no need to join a guild just for the purpose of playing content. That is all good news to me.

The need for a guild was never about gameplay.

> @"tim.4596" said:

> > @"Vayne.8563" said:

> > > @"tim.4596" said:

> > > > @"kharmin.7683" said:

> > > > > @"Vayne.8563" said:

> > > > > If I want an achievement and there aren't many people in the zone, I can usually count of my guild to come help out. I'm not talking about big stuff like Dragon Stand that gets done anyway. I'm talking about smaller stuff that doesn't always get done. Having that back up sure helps. Having people to play with, even if it's less interesting stuff like chatting while I world complete helps.

> > > >

> > > > Agreed. I have a very small guild of close friends and family who all have similar time-constraints when it comes to being available to play (work, family, etc). Once the changes were made that pretty much nerfed our small little guild into obscurity, we really only do events together that aren't "guild" events.

> > > >

> > > > > @"Tumult.2578" said:

> > > > >... I liked being able to drop banners and food to help everyone at events, and I could do so much more now, but to me guilds died when they implemented the cost and requirements to create a guild. I'm most certainly not alone on this.

> > > > Yeah, even our small guild was able to crank out a banner or two at events from time to time. Now, without a hall, we don't have this ability.

> > >

> > > What do you mean by that "without a hall we don't have this ability"? Isn't getting a hall available to hall players ?

> > >

> > > > > @"Tiviana.2650" said:

> > > > > To me a guild has always been a group of people who come together and help each other, and do events and content together. They socialize with each other, become friends and share interests. They share commonalities and goals, or friendships. Its them together standing up for their own. Im probably outdated in my thinking because i come from an older generation that believe a guild was more than just a tag and a place to get bonuses.

> > > > You're definitely not alone in this thinking.

> > >

> > > Well yes, but I think it's also important not to forget why their are Guilds in the first place in an MMORPG. It is indeed to form a community of players, but it also generally comes out of a need for a Guild. As of now, guilds are nothing more than an extended friend list, with players you might be prone to recurrently play with. I think our thinking might diverge but I wouldn't ask any of my guild mates for help to do any quest of some sort unless there is no way around it, or if they can as well get something from it. Otherwise you'd just be exploiting other people's time for no reason at all than your own benefits...

> > >

> >

> > Actually, there are people in my guild who enjoy helping people and not asking them for help would be hurtful to them if they new I needed help and I didn't ask. The same works for me. I like helping people. One of the things my guild was founded on was helping people get stuff done. We even have an evening set aside for just that purpose.

> >

> > Are you suggesting asking your friends for helping is using them? Maybe it is. On the other hand, using people is not the same thing as abusing them. We all use people all the time. For company. For entertainment. For help. My friends helped me move. And I've helped them move. I didn't feel exploited. Obviously if all you do is ask for help repeatedly without trying to do something, you can start to strain the bonds of what's reasonable, but different people have different levels of that.

> >

> > In fact, this game is set up uniquely for that, because if I go to a lower level zone, I can still get drops at my level and almost everything I do gives me something. And yes,, there are a couple of times that's not true, but by and large, most of my game time is spend helping people with stuff. It gives me something to do, keeps the game fresh and I don't feel like I'm missing out. I'm always making progress on something. Even if it's just helping someone find a POI they can't find, I'll farm some wood or metal on the way there.

> >

> > Sorry but this idea that everyone has to get something out of it just because we're playing a game together sounds very mercenary to me. That's not how I play and it's not how I'll ever play. I guess we really are different.

>

> I'm not sure to be honest. This game is so grindy that once you've done all your dailies that's 2h of meta 1h of fractals 10-20min of daily (pact supply + 3 daily) you barely have time to come help people. Those are just the dailies, most of the time, you might as well be crafting legendary etc... and need to do collection. That if people ask for something doable solo, it feels a bit forced.

Because if you don't do your dalies each and every single day you're going to implode, and you've lost the game? What would happen if I didn't do ALL my dailies for a day, two, six? What if I took two weeks off from doing dailies.

What I do daily is farm my home instance, with people from my guild so I'm still helping people at the same time. Usually I have a full party and I go in as many as three or four times for people who want to farm it. I farm the guild hall. I do the daily that nets me 2 gold which usually takes me under ten minutes. Today it took me 3 minutes. I don't do fractal dailies every day, but I don't need to. I don't do daily metas every day because I don't need to. Honestly if I wanted to work I'd come out of retirement and spend my days doing chores for real currency, not in game currency.

I play a lot of hours. I have 23 legendary weapons (well on my way to my 24th). I have 41 characters that are level 80. I've completed all story and zones on 13 characters. I have 1 legendary trinket, 2 legendary back pieces and 8 characters in full ascended gear, with most of the others in full exotic with ascended jewelry and some ascended weapon and armor pieces mixed in. I have 2 of the 3 permanent fractal potions. And if someone needs fractals, I'll do the daliies, but I don't feel a burning desire to sit there and make this game a shopping list. I guess that works for some people. Then again, those some people probably find the game grindy. I don't.

Here's how you make guilds good.

1) Have a monthly event that requires guilds to bid (in gold) for a specific map (like a whole map)

2) then, for that month, the guilds get a tiny tiny % of ALL sales, trades etc that go on in, that map. Even using different currency ( laurels for example) would deposit those into the guild bank

3) the guild would have to decide how its members reap the rewards. This could be either participation in content (meta events, raids etc) or contribition go something else.

4) Alternatively, the guild that owns a map would have its banners shown at every non enemy camp / city (imagine owning a place like divinity reach.

5) gwg events could compete for EXCLUSIVE vendors for a certain thing ( which they could ideally sell on trading post to make even more gold)

6) if guildies banded together for ranked pvp with squads made up of only the same guild members.. You could then make a league table for "best pvp" guilds. You won't even need good players.. Just heaps of them since the more ranked matches your guild plays the more you'd climb this table.

7) introduce a player cap on guilds (unsure if it exists) and make it expensive to raise cap. Guilds that work hard can get it.

The casual solo chumps can be just that. Their content doesn't have to change.

At the end of the month, you reap the rewards ofal a month's worth of work.

> @"APGaming.3104" said:

> Here's how you make guilds good.

>

> 1) Have a monthly event that requires guilds to bid (in gold) for a specific map (like a whole map)

>

> 2) then, for that month, the guilds get a tiny tiny % of ALL sales, trades etc that go on in, that map. Even using different currency ( laurels for example) would deposit those into the guild bank

>

> 4) Alternatively, the guild that owns a map would have its banners shown at every non enemy camp / city (imagine owning a place like divinity reach.

This kind of reminds me of the system in Gw1 Factions, where guilds can own outposts through participating in some sort of red vs blue war. Claiming an outpost granted members of that guild an exclusive area with minor benefits.

... not unlike WvW, in a way?

I think anet would be silly to introduce any sort of system that just dropped gold or profitable currency into the guild bank - that's just a hot mess of admin betrayal waiting to happen - but the idea of guilds having a tangible presence in the world always seemed kinda cool.

If I need help with something, I ask guildmates /first/ and sometimes only then. If they can't do it then and there I just wait until they can. Way rather do something onerous with friends. Recently finally got all the Aetherpath dungeon achieves, thanks to one of my guilds. Awesome group!

> @"tim.4596" said:

> Hello everyone,

>

> I thought I might make a post about Guilds, but first I feel it would be better to have a general idea about what everyone thinks of "Guilds in GW2" so, I'm just generally curious what are your thoughts on GW2 Guilds right now?

>

> - Decorations, customisations, guilds activities, guilds upgrades, guilds utilisation etc...

>

> Feel free to post anything, it's great to have a wide variety of opinion.

The fact that nobody knows why we fight in the mists and all the embellished massive plot holes this game has makes trying to make sense of anything in this game meaningless. Hell even what the patch notes say doesn't even make sense sometimes.

> @"Vayne.8563" said:

> > @"tim.4596" said:

> > > @"Vayne.8563" said:

> > > > @"tim.4596" said:

> > > > > @"kharmin.7683" said:

> > > > > > @"Vayne.8563" said:

> > > > > > If I want an achievement and there aren't many people in the zone, I can usually count of my guild to come help out. I'm not talking about big stuff like Dragon Stand that gets done anyway. I'm talking about smaller stuff that doesn't always get done. Having that back up sure helps. Having people to play with, even if it's less interesting stuff like chatting while I world complete helps.

> > > > >

> > > > > Agreed. I have a very small guild of close friends and family who all have similar time-constraints when it comes to being available to play (work, family, etc). Once the changes were made that pretty much nerfed our small little guild into obscurity, we really only do events together that aren't "guild" events.

> > > > >

> > > > > > @"Tumult.2578" said:

> > > > > >... I liked being able to drop banners and food to help everyone at events, and I could do so much more now, but to me guilds died when they implemented the cost and requirements to create a guild. I'm most certainly not alone on this.

> > > > > Yeah, even our small guild was able to crank out a banner or two at events from time to time. Now, without a hall, we don't have this ability.

> > > >

> > > > What do you mean by that "without a hall we don't have this ability"? Isn't getting a hall available to hall players ?

> > > >

> > > > > > @"Tiviana.2650" said:

> > > > > > To me a guild has always been a group of people who come together and help each other, and do events and content together. They socialize with each other, become friends and share interests. They share commonalities and goals, or friendships. Its them together standing up for their own. Im probably outdated in my thinking because i come from an older generation that believe a guild was more than just a tag and a place to get bonuses.

> > > > > You're definitely not alone in this thinking.

> > > >

> > > > Well yes, but I think it's also important not to forget why their are Guilds in the first place in an MMORPG. It is indeed to form a community of players, but it also generally comes out of a need for a Guild. As of now, guilds are nothing more than an extended friend list, with players you might be prone to recurrently play with. I think our thinking might diverge but I wouldn't ask any of my guild mates for help to do any quest of some sort unless there is no way around it, or if they can as well get something from it. Otherwise you'd just be exploiting other people's time for no reason at all than your own benefits...

> > > >

> > >

> > > Actually, there are people in my guild who enjoy helping people and not asking them for help would be hurtful to them if they new I needed help and I didn't ask. The same works for me. I like helping people. One of the things my guild was founded on was helping people get stuff done. We even have an evening set aside for just that purpose.

> > >

> > > Are you suggesting asking your friends for helping is using them? Maybe it is. On the other hand, using people is not the same thing as abusing them. We all use people all the time. For company. For entertainment. For help. My friends helped me move. And I've helped them move. I didn't feel exploited. Obviously if all you do is ask for help repeatedly without trying to do something, you can start to strain the bonds of what's reasonable, but different people have different levels of that.

> > >

> > > In fact, this game is set up uniquely for that, because if I go to a lower level zone, I can still get drops at my level and almost everything I do gives me something. And yes,, there are a couple of times that's not true, but by and large, most of my game time is spend helping people with stuff. It gives me something to do, keeps the game fresh and I don't feel like I'm missing out. I'm always making progress on something. Even if it's just helping someone find a POI they can't find, I'll farm some wood or metal on the way there.

> > >

> > > Sorry but this idea that everyone has to get something out of it just because we're playing a game together sounds very mercenary to me. That's not how I play and it's not how I'll ever play. I guess we really are different.

> >

> > I'm not sure to be honest. This game is so grindy that once you've done all your dailies that's 2h of meta 1h of fractals 10-20min of daily (pact supply + 3 daily) you barely have time to come help people. Those are just the dailies, most of the time, you might as well be crafting legendary etc... and need to do collection. That if people ask for something doable solo, it feels a bit forced.

>

> Because if you don't do your dalies each and every single day you're going to implode, and you've lost the game? What would happen if I didn't do ALL my dailies for a day, two, six? What if I took two weeks off from doing dailies.

Yes, that's exactly what will happen if I don't do my dailies every day. If you don't do your dailies for two weeks then you'd need some other more efficient way of using those daily 3h I guess that gives you more gold/rewards than the daily do. Otherwise I don't know. If you're pushing for progression raid to clear day 1 I might understand that you might skip dailies, or if new content get released. Otherwise I'm not too sure why you logged on, if not to do your dailies right. Like... if you don't play the game what do you do in the game ? right ? Unless you main PvP then I guess you play a different game.

> What I do daily is farm my home instance, with people from my guild so I'm still helping people at the same time. Usually I have a full party and I go in as many as three or four times for people who want to farm it. I farm the guild hall. I do the daily that nets me 2 gold which usually takes me under ten minutes. Today it took me 3 minutes. I don't do fractal dailies every day, but I don't need to. I don't do daily metas every day because I don't need to. Honestly if I wanted to work I'd come out of retirement and spend my days doing chores for real currency, not in game currency.

>

> I play a lot of hours. I have 23 legendary weapons (well on my way to my 24th). I have 41 characters that are level 80. I've completed all story and zones on 13 characters. I have 1 legendary trinket, 2 legendary back pieces and 8 characters in full ascended gear, with most of the others in full exotic with ascended jewelry and some ascended weapon and armor pieces mixed in. I have 2 of the 3 permanent fractal potions. And if someone needs fractals, I'll do the daliies, but I don't feel a burning desire to sit there and make this game a shopping list. I guess that works for some people. Then again, those some people probably find the game grindy. I don't.

I've often find myself doing daily fractals multiple times a day. 2, 3, 4 or 5x even for guildies. But that's different, you do get a reward, and you can practice rotation or other class in every run, to get better clearing run time.

41 characters is an insane number and 23 legendary weapons is too actually. I guess you're one of the achiever type. I just do raids and fractals, so... that doesn't give me much gold. Raids are rather a gold sink. I only have 20 characters, but 19 of them are full ascended though, with multiple sets on some of them. And 2 legendary armor, well almost 3 but I stopped the third one, as druid feels kind of meh, right now. And I recently started crafting legendary weapons for my chrono, and the thing is, even though you're telling me that you got the time to help people, I'm not too sure how, cause since I've started to craft Legendary, I spend so much time doing anything that can potentially give me gold. I don't mind gated collection or items, but I still do enjoy to craft legendary weapons without having to wait a whole month before crafting it. So honestly I don't know.

I guess you're just at a point in the game that doesn't require you to farm much anymore, as you've already unlocked so many things, whilst I'm currently concerned with crafting as many legendary weapons with as little time as possible. Anyway, those things are highly subjective I'd say... not much debate to do here.

> @"APGaming.3104" said:

> Here's how you make guilds good.

>

> 1) Have a monthly event that requires guilds to bid (in gold) for a specific map (like a whole map)

That would be good actually, if guilds could control certain area of Tyria and fight for them on a monthly or weekly cool down. Like in Dofus, where you can have npc's from your guild hold a certain map, and you would get a slight reward loot from each mob killed in the area. So if you collect it often you'd have a lot of resources automatically gathered for your guild, and if you forget about it, then other guilds can attack that area and steal resources from the NPC would they die.

> 2) then, for that month, the guilds get a tiny tiny % of ALL sales, trades etc that go on in, that map. Even using different currency ( laurels for example) would deposit those into the guild bank

>

> 3) the guild would have to decide how its members reap the rewards. This could be either participation in content (meta events, raids etc) or contribition go something else.

>

> 4) Alternatively, the guild that owns a map would have its banners shown at every non enemy camp / city (imagine owning a place like divinity reach.

>

> 5) gwg events could compete for EXCLUSIVE vendors for a certain thing ( which they could ideally sell on trading post to make even more gold)

>

> 6) if guildies banded together for ranked pvp with squads made up of only the same guild members.. You could then make a league table for "best pvp" guilds. You won't even need good players.. Just heaps of them since the more ranked matches your guild plays the more you'd climb this table.

>

> 7) introduce a player cap on guilds (unsure if it exists) and make it expensive to raise cap. Guilds that work hard can get it.

>

> The casual solo chumps can be just that. Their content doesn't have to change.

>

> At the end of the month, you reap the rewards ofal a month's worth of work.

>

>

> @"tim.4596" said:

> > @"APGaming.3104" said:

> > Here's how you make guilds good.

> >

> > 1) Have a monthly event that requires guilds to bid (in gold) for a specific map (like a whole map)

>

> That would be good actually, if guilds could control certain area of Tyria and fight for them on a monthly or weekly cool down. Like in Dofus, where you can have npc's from your guild hold a certain map, and you would get a slight reward loot from each mob killed in the area. So if you collect it often you'd have a lot of resources automatically gathered for your guild, and if you forget about it, then other guilds can attack that area and steal resources from the NPC would they die.

>

> > 2) then, for that month, the guilds get a tiny tiny % of ALL sales, trades etc that go on in, that map. Even using different currency ( laurels for example) would deposit those into the guild bank

> >

> > 3) the guild would have to decide how its members reap the rewards. This could be either participation in content (meta events, raids etc) or contribition go something else.

> >

> > 4) Alternatively, the guild that owns a map would have its banners shown at every non enemy camp / city (imagine owning a place like divinity reach.

> >

> > 5) gwg events could compete for EXCLUSIVE vendors for a certain thing ( which they could ideally sell on trading post to make even more gold)

> >

> > 6) if guildies banded together for ranked pvp with squads made up of only the same guild members.. You could then make a league table for "best pvp" guilds. You won't even need good players.. Just heaps of them since the more ranked matches your guild plays the more you'd climb this table.

> >

> > 7) introduce a player cap on guilds (unsure if it exists) and make it expensive to raise cap. Guilds that work hard can get it.

> >

> > The casual solo chumps can be just that. Their content doesn't have to change.

> >

> > At the end of the month, you reap the rewards ofal a month's worth of work.

> >

> >

>

The key difference is as little time as possible. I don't care about how long something takes me. I never did. Not even when I was playing the first week, month, year. Took me a year to get my first legendary and I took my time getting it. I was okay with that. I just don't feel there's a rush. I guess everyone enjoys themselves a different way.