Can load orders be fixed, if so, why haven't they?

Load orders are, in my opinion, a big problem with events.

When was the last time you saw a boss?

And i don't mean because of the discoball of effects, but simply because the boss' model doesn't load.

Heck, half the minions are invisible.

I think at **any** given point, the load order should be:

1. Boss

2. Critical NPCs

3. Regular enemies, NPCs, and players.

Step 3 should have a sort of balancing, prioritizing parties and squad and regular players last.

But I'm sick and tired of seeing Jim, Robert, Johanna, and Tim with their fancy shiny armors, AFK'ing near the edge of the battlefield, while i am forced to target the boss to even be able to see him.

Why isn't this been addressed in over how many years??

Can't say I've ever encountered that issue, the enemy/boss models have always loaded for me weather I've been there from the start, or happened to join a late map. Even though I'm on SSD now I still didn't have that problem when I had the game on a HDD. I don't run max settings though, mostly a combo of high-ultra so I don't know if maybe there's something there you could try tweaking that may help?

> @"Cynder.2509" said:

> You're right, that is a major problem. However, won't changing the settings in "Character Model Limit" to high solve the problem? I know it can impact fps heavily but you can turn it off after the boss.

Sadly, no, changing the model limit seems to affect players first. If i put it to low, it will load no enemies, and a few players.

If i set it to high, only players and some enemies load, in rare cases, the boss.

Only when set on highest (or max?) Does it load the boss. But at that time I'm also seeing 149 other discoballs attacking the boss.

I've seen that kind of problem accuring for myself only at rare times and usually in The Domain of Istan at the Palawadan and in the Mad King's Labyrinth a few times. So I can't be really of help there but I do endorse the idea of models from other players being loaded at last with the horrible sfx abomination this game has become.

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> I ran the game on a potato for over 5 years, and I never encountered this issue. I did, however, have to play at World Bosses with 2-4 FPS.

2-4 FPS? Ugh. That sort of frame rate, but **all the time** (except when it was even slower), in _Nier:Automata_(1) is part of why I bought my new PC.

(1) Before spending money on a game, make sure to check to see if your system meets the sysreqs. I *could* have tried to get a refund from Steam, but it was time to upgrade the PC anyway. Then I won 5K euros in a side draw from the Euromillions lottery, and used that to buy a nice PC.