Can we get some clarification about War Eternal?

> @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> If they had nothing to do with layoffs, then why they have caused such a delay in release schedule?

Note that mid-May was the predicted launch window for episode 6 long before the layoffs, as that's how long it has taken team 3 to create an episode on average, whereas team 1 and 2 would have been done by April 30.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Healix.5819" said:

> > @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > If they had nothing to do with layoffs, then why they have caused such a delay in release schedule?

>

> Note that mid-May was the predicted launch window for episode 6 long before the layoffs

Predicted by whom? Because i haven't seen any such predictions before layoffs.

Also, Anet themselves just admitted that there were delays, and that they were caused by layoffs. Are you suggesting they aren't telling the truth?

> @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> Predicted by whom? Because i haven't seen any such predictions before layoffs.

I recall seeing a few late April / May predictions. Personally, I've been mentioning the 10~11 month development cycle since around episode 2. It's been just over 10 months since team 3's last episode, hence May being expected. Here's a quick sample just prior to the layoffs of me mentioning mid-May specifically.

> Also, Anet themselves just admitted that there were delays, and that they were caused by layoffs. Are you suggesting they aren't telling the truth?

I can only say that mid to late May would be the average release date based on the past performance of team 3. Factoring in the layoffs, and that they should want a higher quality finale because of it, would push it to June, however recovering resources from the cancelled project would potentially counter that.

> @"ProtoGunner.4953" said:

> > @"Zaklex.6308" said:

> > > @"ProtoGunner.4953" said:

> > > Lol release schedule became ridiculous now. And there isn't even a planned expansion this year. Holy, no wonder people are running away in masses (just an assumption but I love the drama).

> >

> > A completely wrong assumption on your part, no one is running away in masses...layoffs had zero to do with GW2 but most people don't know how to read quarterly reports anyways, the regular public should just stay away from them.

>

> I am pretty sure that there are a lot less players now. It's just natural, feels natural and happens with most older MMOs, the genre is not that popular anymore. Also there is almost no (big) media coverage anymore and people don't event talk about the game. Just count the number of reviews of POF on metacritic - says a lot. Everything else is just playing it down. Will not say there won't be stuff coming for the game but they surely lost momentum - a lot.

Eso is growing tho and that game only had a 2 year difference.

> @"zealex.9410" said:

> > @"ProtoGunner.4953" said:

> > > @"Zaklex.6308" said:

> > > > @"ProtoGunner.4953" said:

> > > > Lol release schedule became ridiculous now. And there isn't even a planned expansion this year. Holy, no wonder people are running away in masses (just an assumption but I love the drama).

> > >

> > > A completely wrong assumption on your part, no one is running away in masses...layoffs had zero to do with GW2 but most people don't know how to read quarterly reports anyways, the regular public should just stay away from them.

> >

> > I am pretty sure that there are a lot less players now. It's just natural, feels natural and happens with most older MMOs, the genre is not that popular anymore. Also there is almost no (big) media coverage anymore and people don't event talk about the game. Just count the number of reviews of POF on metacritic - says a lot. Everything else is just playing it down. Will not say there won't be stuff coming for the game but they surely lost momentum - a lot.

>

> Eso is growing tho and that game only had a 2 year difference.

I honestly think they could have kept some of that momentum if they didn’t shift so many people off of the game and if this season were better with a less chaotic release schedule.

> @"Zaraki.5784" said:

> They said Ep 6 was gonna have a delay from the original 3 months schedule, due to past layoffs.

> Well, to me, that delay would mean at most 1 month, but we are way past that. This is just a joke! -.-'

We aren’t way past that. 3 months +1 would be May 8th. It’s still April.

Why you set that expectation though is a mystery. It’s certainly not set by Anet so if they missed your arbitrary deadline, it’s not their fault

> @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > @"Zaraki.5784" said:

> > They said Ep 6 was gonna have a delay from the original 3 months schedule, due to past layoffs.

> > Well, to me, that delay would mean at most 1 month, but we are way past that. This is just a joke! -.-'

>

> We aren’t way past that. 3 months +1 would be May 8th. It’s still April.

>

I wasn't considering today's date, I was considering May 21st which is the most likely release date of Ep 6.

> @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > @"Zaraki.5784" said:

> > They said Ep 6 was gonna have a delay from the original 3 months schedule, due to past layoffs.

> > Well, to me, that delay would mean at most 1 month, but we are way past that. This is just a joke! -.-'

>

> Why you set that expectation though is a mystery. It’s certainly not set by Anet so if they missed your arbitrary deadline, it’s not their fault

I surely don't have to explain why I set MY expectation (the "_to me_" in my previous post means exactly that). Still I will for the sake of discussion, in short it's always the usual routine (do X fractal daily, do Y raid weekly, etc), there's nothing new which entertains me in GW2 aside from LS episodes or new raids. This leads me to waiting impatiently for the new LS release. When they said there was gonna be a delay for Ep 6, I surely wasn't happy but I didn't complained because I knew they recently had a layoff so it was fine, more or less...

Now considering all that, I set _my own expectation_ to 1 month at most (around Apr 30th or May 7th at most) but it wasn't true so now I feel (and I am) entitled to complain.

Well. Theoretically living episodes are ideally supposed to be every two to three months. Per Anet. Obviously they aren't, but I would love love love it if they were...I guess it's because they CANNOT complete them within that time frame but still wish they could.

I dunno. I myself am an amazingly adept procrastinator and even if I CAN complete something on time if I am handed a reason to take more time I will. The layoffs, for me, would have been a great excuse. I would have taken an extra month, maybe not because I needed to but because I would have had an excuse. Maybe I would have said well. I can add another achievement. Or. Polish something else.

This is totally just me. Which is a good thing I don't work somewhere without hard and fast deadlines. Like. I sometimes proofread for a game developer. I will have my notes typed up the same day but WILL NOT send them back until the due date hour because I might add something. Maybe. Perhaps. Probably not. And if they send out an extension option I always take it.

So I am a hypocrite because I still want things on time. I admit it.

> @"Zaraki.5784" said:

> > @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > > @"Zaraki.5784" said:

> > > They said Ep 6 was gonna have a delay from the original 3 months schedule, due to past layoffs.

> > > Well, to me, that delay would mean at most 1 month, but we are way past that. This is just a joke! -.-'

> >

> > We aren’t way past that. 3 months +1 would be May 8th. It’s still April.

> >

>

> I wasn't considering today's date, I was considering May 21st which is the most likely release date of Ep 6.

>

> > > They said Ep 6 was gonna have a delay from the original 3 months schedule, due to past layoffs.

> > > Well, to me, that delay would mean at most 1 month, but we are way past that. This is just a joke! -.-'

> >

> > Why you set that expectation though is a mystery. It’s certainly not set by Anet so if they missed your arbitrary deadline, it’s not their fault

>

> I surely don't have to explain why I set MY expectation (the "_to me_" in my previous post means exactly that). Still I will for the sake of discussion, in short it's always the usual routine (do X fractal daily, do Y raid weekly, etc), there's nothing new which entertains me in GW2 aside from LS episodes or new raids. This leads me to waiting impatiently for the new LS release. When they said there was gonna be a delay for Ep 6, I surely wasn't happy but I didn't complained because I knew they recently had a layoff so it was fine, more or less...

> Now considering all that, I set _my own expectation_ to 1 month at most (around Apr 30th or May 7th at most) but it wasn't true so now I feel (and I am) entitled to complain.

You are entitled to set whatever expectation you want, but to complain about it when the company has not set the same expectation is unjust. It's not Anets fault they couldn't fulfil a deadline you set for them - they after all have no control over deadlines coming from outside the studio. When someone says it should be released within 1 month after the 3 month window despite no knowledge of the inner developments, Anet are well within their right just to ignore such a complaint.

Then again, I will never understand genuine complaints over missed deadlines in gaming. It happens so often and there are so many other things to do in the tiny window of delay these things occur in, it really just isn't an issue. At least they are trying to give bonus event stuff in the meanwhile as per the earlier announcement.

> @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > @"Zaraki.5784" said:

> > > @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > > > @"Zaraki.5784" said:

> > > > They said Ep 6 was gonna have a delay from the original 3 months schedule, due to past layoffs.

> > > > Well, to me, that delay would mean at most 1 month, but we are way past that. This is just a joke! -.-'

> > >

> > > We aren’t way past that. 3 months +1 would be May 8th. It’s still April.

> > >

> >

> > I wasn't considering today's date, I was considering May 21st which is the most likely release date of Ep 6.

> >

> > > > They said Ep 6 was gonna have a delay from the original 3 months schedule, due to past layoffs.

> > > > Well, to me, that delay would mean at most 1 month, but we are way past that. This is just a joke! -.-'

> > >

> > > Why you set that expectation though is a mystery. It’s certainly not set by Anet so if they missed your arbitrary deadline, it’s not their fault

> >

> > I surely don't have to explain why I set MY expectation (the "_to me_" in my previous post means exactly that). Still I will for the sake of discussion, in short it's always the usual routine (do X fractal daily, do Y raid weekly, etc), there's nothing new which entertains me in GW2 aside from LS episodes or new raids. This leads me to waiting impatiently for the new LS release. When they said there was gonna be a delay for Ep 6, I surely wasn't happy but I didn't complained because I knew they recently had a layoff so it was fine, more or less...

> > Now considering all that, I set _my own expectation_ to 1 month at most (around Apr 30th or May 7th at most) but it wasn't true so now I feel (and I am) entitled to complain.

>

> You are entitled to set whatever expectation you want, but to complain about it when the company has not set the same expectation is unjust. It's not Anets fault they couldn't fulfil a deadline you set for them - they after all have no control over deadlines coming from outside the studio. When someone says it should be released within 1 month after the 3 month window despite no knowledge of the inner developments, Anet are well within their right just to ignore such a complaint.

>

Why do you think it's unjust? I mean, for me the one extra month was more than reasonable enough for a delay (considering what happened), more than that was not, I just expressed an opinion.

They surely are in their rights to ignore me (and they will) but I'm in my rights to vent my complaints as well.

> @"Zaraki.5784" said:

> > > > @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > > > > @"Zaraki.5784" said:

> > > > > They said Ep 6 was gonna have a delay from the original 3 months schedule, due to past layoffs.

> > > > > Well, to me, that delay would mean at most 1 month, but we are way past that. This is just a joke! -.-'

> > > >

> > > > We aren’t way past that. 3 months +1 would be May 8th. It’s still April.

> > > >

> > >

> > > I wasn't considering today's date, I was considering May 21st which is the most likely release date of Ep 6.

> > >

> > > > > They said Ep 6 was gonna have a delay from the original 3 months schedule, due to past layoffs.

> > > > > Well, to me, that delay would mean at most 1 month, but we are way past that. This is just a joke! -.-'

> > > >

> > > > Why you set that expectation though is a mystery. It’s certainly not set by Anet so if they missed your arbitrary deadline, it’s not their fault

> > >

> > > I surely don't have to explain why I set MY expectation (the "_to me_" in my previous post means exactly that). Still I will for the sake of discussion, in short it's always the usual routine (do X fractal daily, do Y raid weekly, etc), there's nothing new which entertains me in GW2 aside from LS episodes or new raids. This leads me to waiting impatiently for the new LS release. When they said there was gonna be a delay for Ep 6, I surely wasn't happy but I didn't complained because I knew they recently had a layoff so it was fine, more or less...

> > > Now considering all that, I set _my own expectation_ to 1 month at most (around Apr 30th or May 7th at most) but it wasn't true so now I feel (and I am) entitled to complain.

> >

> > You are entitled to set whatever expectation you want, but to complain about it when the company has not set the same expectation is unjust. It's not Anets fault they couldn't fulfil a deadline you set for them - they after all have no control over deadlines coming from outside the studio. When someone says it should be released within 1 month after the 3 month window despite no knowledge of the inner developments, Anet are well within their right just to ignore such a complaint.

> >

> Why do you think it's unjust? I mean, for me the one extra month was more than reasonable enough for a delay (considering what happened), more than that was not, I just expressed an opinion.

> They surely are in their rights to ignore me (and they will) but I'm in my rights to vent my complaints as well.

>

It's unjust because you set the deadline for them without any input from the studio to say that was reasonable. Why is it fair for you to decide for them 1 month is the expected drop time when you have no knowledge of the development details and timeframes behind the delay? If they themselves had said we hope to have it out 1 month after normal cadence, you would have some basis for a point. Not one I would still agree with, but at least justification. As it stands, they chose not to give a timeframe to avoid anyone complaining about missed deadlines - and even then they still can't win it seems! No wonder they shut off communication with us for years.

Ultimately I cannot see any justification for giving a random deadline for them and then complaining about it.

> @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > @"Zaraki.5784" said:

> > > > > @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > > > > > @"Zaraki.5784" said:

> > > > > > They said Ep 6 was gonna have a delay from the original 3 months schedule, due to past layoffs.

> > > > > > Well, to me, that delay would mean at most 1 month, but we are way past that. This is just a joke! -.-'

> > > > >

> > > > > We aren’t way past that. 3 months +1 would be May 8th. It’s still April.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > I wasn't considering today's date, I was considering May 21st which is the most likely release date of Ep 6.

> > > >

> > > > > > They said Ep 6 was gonna have a delay from the original 3 months schedule, due to past layoffs.

> > > > > > Well, to me, that delay would mean at most 1 month, but we are way past that. This is just a joke! -.-'

> > > > >

> > > > > Why you set that expectation though is a mystery. It’s certainly not set by Anet so if they missed your arbitrary deadline, it’s not their fault

> > > >

> > > > I surely don't have to explain why I set MY expectation (the "_to me_" in my previous post means exactly that). Still I will for the sake of discussion, in short it's always the usual routine (do X fractal daily, do Y raid weekly, etc), there's nothing new which entertains me in GW2 aside from LS episodes or new raids. This leads me to waiting impatiently for the new LS release. When they said there was gonna be a delay for Ep 6, I surely wasn't happy but I didn't complained because I knew they recently had a layoff so it was fine, more or less...

> > > > Now considering all that, I set _my own expectation_ to 1 month at most (around Apr 30th or May 7th at most) but it wasn't true so now I feel (and I am) entitled to complain.

> > >

> > > You are entitled to set whatever expectation you want, but to complain about it when the company has not set the same expectation is unjust. It's not Anets fault they couldn't fulfil a deadline you set for them - they after all have no control over deadlines coming from outside the studio. When someone says it should be released within 1 month after the 3 month window despite no knowledge of the inner developments, Anet are well within their right just to ignore such a complaint.

> > >

> > Why do you think it's unjust? I mean, for me the one extra month was more than reasonable enough for a delay (considering what happened), more than that was not, I just expressed an opinion.

> > They surely are in their rights to ignore me (and they will) but I'm in my rights to vent my complaints as well.

> >

>

> It's unjust because you set the deadline for them without any input from the studio to say that was reasonable. Why is it fair for you to decide for them 1 month is the expected drop time when you have no knowledge of the development details and timeframes behind the delay? If they themselves had said we hope to have it out 1 month after normal cadence, you would have some basis for a point. Not one I would still agree with, but at least justification. As it stands, they chose not to give a timeframe to avoid anyone complaining about missed deadlines - and even then they still can't win it seems! No wonder they shut off communication with us for years.

>

> Ultimately I cannot see any justification for giving a random deadline for them and then complaining about it.

Because I'm a customer. And giving opinions on the product I use, with the fragmented informations we have, is all I can do.

To make an example it's just like when people read a comic and they don't like what the author did so they complain about his choices, or when you watch a sport match and you criticize players, or when they finished watching a film and they complain that the sequel is not yet announced one year after its initial release and there are many other such examples.

In short our discepancy is based on these 2 point:

1) Can we make an estimate based on our personal tastes and the few informations we have?

2) Can we express our discontent if that estimate prooves false?

To me it's "yes" to both, to you it's a "no" for the second point (correct me if I'm didn't understand you).

> @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > @"Zaraki.5784" said:

>

> We aren’t way past that. 3 months +1 would be May 8th. It’s still April.

>

> Why you set that expectation though is a mystery. It’s certainly not set by Anet so if they missed your arbitrary deadline, it’s not their fault

I mean unless we get a trailer today, we mught as well say we are "way past 3 months".

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> I'm not sure 2 weeks (May 8th vs. May 21st) would be considered 'way past'. But, each to their own.

I think by way past he means the extra 4 to 6 weeks from the designated 3 month period.

Sure, the episode has been delayed and that mich has he communicated but by may 21st we will be nearing 5 months.

> @"Klipso.8653" said:

> Its awful that they think 30 minutes of story content 3 or 4 times per year, and a single raid once per year is ok. In all honesty the story and raids should be a side project and current events/WvW/sPvP should be the primary focus.

Its not 30 mins, but even if it was 3 hours of content 4+ months is insane.

> @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > @"Zaraki.5784" said:

> > > > >

> > > > > We aren’t way past that. 3 months +1 would be May 8th. It’s still April.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > I wasn't considering today's date, I was considering May 21st which is the most likely release date of Ep 6.

> > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Why you set that expectation though is a mystery. It’s certainly not set by Anet so if they missed your arbitrary deadline, it’s not their fault

> > > >

> > > > I surely don't have to explain why I set MY expectation (the "_to me_" in my previous post means exactly that). Still I will for the sake of discussion, in short it's always the usual routine (do X fractal daily, do Y raid weekly, etc), there's nothing new which entertains me in GW2 aside from LS episodes or new raids. This leads me to waiting impatiently for the new LS release. When they said there was gonna be a delay for Ep 6, I surely wasn't happy but I didn't complained because I knew they recently had a layoff so it was fine, more or less...

> > > > Now considering all that, I set _my own expectation_ to 1 month at most (around Apr 30th or May 7th at most) but it wasn't true so now I feel (and I am) entitled to complain.

> > >

> > > You are entitled to set whatever expectation you want, but to complain about it when the company has not set the same expectation is unjust. It's not Anets fault they couldn't fulfil a deadline you set for them - they after all have no control over deadlines coming from outside the studio. When someone says it should be released within 1 month after the 3 month window despite no knowledge of the inner developments, Anet are well within their right just to ignore such a complaint.

> > >

> > Why do you think it's unjust? I mean, for me the one extra month was more than reasonable enough for a delay (considering what happened), more than that was not, I just expressed an opinion.

> > They surely are in their rights to ignore me (and they will) but I'm in my rights to vent my complaints as well.

> >

>

> It's unjust because you set the deadline for them without any input from the studio to say that was reasonable. Why is it fair for you to decide for them 1 month is the expected drop time when you have no knowledge of the development details and timeframes behind the delay? If they themselves had said we hope to have it out 1 month after normal cadence, you would have some basis for a point. Not one I would still agree with, but at least justification. As it stands, they chose not to give a timeframe to avoid anyone complaining about missed deadlines - and even then they still can't win it seems! No wonder they shut off communication with us for years.

>

> Ultimately I cannot see any justification for giving a random deadline for them and then complaining about it.

Because the end product has never been anywhere near worth the delays. Other than this episode which has a serious reason for being delayed (altho if u were to tell me that this episode would take 4 to 5 months to come out i would be abit sceptical of their development circle) the res were delayed for arbitrary reasons and the end result hardly if at all reflected the extra time, both in size (quantity) and wow factor (quality).

Quality factor is much closer than quantity factor when it came to lw, but its lw, it has fuck all replayability and this season had a terrible balance of dev time vs replayability.

> @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > > > > @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > > > > > > @"Zaraki.5784" said:

> > > > > > > They said Ep 6 was gonna have a delay from the original 3 months schedule, due to past layoffs.

> > > > > > > Well, to me, that delay would mean at most 1 month, but we are way past that. This is just a joke! -.-'

> > > > > >

> > > > > > We aren’t way past that. 3 months +1 would be May 8th. It’s still April.

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > I wasn't considering today's date, I was considering May 21st which is the most likely release date of Ep 6.

> > > > >

> > > > > > @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > > > > > > @"Zaraki.5784" said:

> > > > > > > They said Ep 6 was gonna have a delay from the original 3 months schedule, due to past layoffs.

> > > > > > > Well, to me, that delay would mean at most 1 month, but we are way past that. This is just a joke! -.-'

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Why you set that expectation though is a mystery. It’s certainly not set by Anet so if they missed your arbitrary deadline, it’s not their fault

> > > > >

> > > > > I surely don't have to explain why I set MY expectation (the "_to me_" in my previous post means exactly that). Still I will for the sake of discussion, in short it's always the usual routine (do X fractal daily, do Y raid weekly, etc), there's nothing new which entertains me in GW2 aside from LS episodes or new raids. This leads me to waiting impatiently for the new LS release. When they said there was gonna be a delay for Ep 6, I surely wasn't happy but I didn't complained because I knew they recently had a layoff so it was fine, more or less...

> > > > > Now considering all that, I set _my own expectation_ to 1 month at most (around Apr 30th or May 7th at most) but it wasn't true so now I feel (and I am) entitled to complain.

> > > >

> > > > You are entitled to set whatever expectation you want, but to complain about it when the company has not set the same expectation is unjust. It's not Anets fault they couldn't fulfil a deadline you set for them - they after all have no control over deadlines coming from outside the studio. When someone says it should be released within 1 month after the 3 month window despite no knowledge of the inner developments, Anet are well within their right just to ignore such a complaint.

> > > >

> > > Why do you think it's unjust? I mean, for me the one extra month was more than reasonable enough for a delay (considering what happened), more than that was not, I just expressed an opinion.

> > > They surely are in their rights to ignore me (and they will) but I'm in my rights to vent my complaints as well.

> > >

> >

> > It's unjust because you set the deadline for them without any input from the studio to say that was reasonable. Why is it fair for you to decide for them 1 month is the expected drop time when you have no knowledge of the development details and timeframes behind the delay? If they themselves had said we hope to have it out 1 month after normal cadence, you would have some basis for a point. Not one I would still agree with, but at least justification. As it stands, they chose not to give a timeframe to avoid anyone complaining about missed deadlines - and even then they still can't win it seems! No wonder they shut off communication with us for years.

> >

> > Ultimately I cannot see any justification for giving a random deadline for them and then complaining about it.

>

> Because the end product has never been anywhere near worth the delays. Other than this episode which has a serious reason for being delayed (altho if u were to tell me that this episode would take 4 to 5 months to come out i would be abit sceptical of their development circle) the res were delayed for arbitrary reasons and the end result hardly if at all reflected the extra time, both in size (quantity) and wow factor (quality).

>

> Quality factor is much closer than quantity factor when it came to lw, but its lw, it has kitten all replayability and this season had a terrible balance of dev time vs replayability.

I partly agree, but that's a different discussion though. Whilst i agree quality has varied subjectively speaking, we can't comment on the quality of this episode since it isn't released yet. My replies purely focused on the unfair arbitrary deadlines set for this episode and then unjustly complained about when they were never going to be met.

A quality discussion is something else and one which is more appropriate for critique (as I have done myself), albeit post launch

> @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > > > > > @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Zaraki.5784" said:

> > > > > > > > They said Ep 6 was gonna have a delay from the original 3 months schedule, due to past layoffs.

> > > > > > > > Well, to me, that delay would mean at most 1 month, but we are way past that. This is just a joke! -.-'

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > We aren’t way past that. 3 months +1 would be May 8th. It’s still April.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I wasn't considering today's date, I was considering May 21st which is the most likely release date of Ep 6.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > > @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Zaraki.5784" said:

> > > > > > > > They said Ep 6 was gonna have a delay from the original 3 months schedule, due to past layoffs.

> > > > > > > > Well, to me, that delay would mean at most 1 month, but we are way past that. This is just a joke! -.-'

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Why you set that expectation though is a mystery. It’s certainly not set by Anet so if they missed your arbitrary deadline, it’s not their fault

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I surely don't have to explain why I set MY expectation (the "_to me_" in my previous post means exactly that). Still I will for the sake of discussion, in short it's always the usual routine (do X fractal daily, do Y raid weekly, etc), there's nothing new which entertains me in GW2 aside from LS episodes or new raids. This leads me to waiting impatiently for the new LS release. When they said there was gonna be a delay for Ep 6, I surely wasn't happy but I didn't complained because I knew they recently had a layoff so it was fine, more or less...

> > > > > > Now considering all that, I set _my own expectation_ to 1 month at most (around Apr 30th or May 7th at most) but it wasn't true so now I feel (and I am) entitled to complain.

> > > > >

> > > > > You are entitled to set whatever expectation you want, but to complain about it when the company has not set the same expectation is unjust. It's not Anets fault they couldn't fulfil a deadline you set for them - they after all have no control over deadlines coming from outside the studio. When someone says it should be released within 1 month after the 3 month window despite no knowledge of the inner developments, Anet are well within their right just to ignore such a complaint.

> > > > >

> > > > Why do you think it's unjust? I mean, for me the one extra month was more than reasonable enough for a delay (considering what happened), more than that was not, I just expressed an opinion.

> > > > They surely are in their rights to ignore me (and they will) but I'm in my rights to vent my complaints as well.

> > > >

> > >

> > > It's unjust because you set the deadline for them without any input from the studio to say that was reasonable. Why is it fair for you to decide for them 1 month is the expected drop time when you have no knowledge of the development details and timeframes behind the delay? If they themselves had said we hope to have it out 1 month after normal cadence, you would have some basis for a point. Not one I would still agree with, but at least justification. As it stands, they chose not to give a timeframe to avoid anyone complaining about missed deadlines - and even then they still can't win it seems! No wonder they shut off communication with us for years.

> > >

> > > Ultimately I cannot see any justification for giving a random deadline for them and then complaining about it.

> >

> > Because the end product has never been anywhere near worth the delays. Other than this episode which has a serious reason for being delayed (altho if u were to tell me that this episode would take 4 to 5 months to come out i would be abit sceptical of their development circle) the res were delayed for arbitrary reasons and the end result hardly if at all reflected the extra time, both in size (quantity) and wow factor (quality).

> >

> > Quality factor is much closer than quantity factor when it came to lw, but its lw, it has kitten all replayability and this season had a terrible balance of dev time vs replayability.

>

> I partly agree, but that's a different discussion though. Whilst i agree quality has varied subjectively speaking, we can't comment on the quality of this episode since it isn't released yet. My replies purely focused on the unfair arbitrary deadlines set for this episode and then unjustly complained about when they were never going to be met.

>

> A quality discussion is something else and one which is more appropriate for critique (as I have done myself), albeit post launch

I mean everyone has a sort of breaking point. Like what, if anet doesnt give us a release date and lets say they take 6 months for the next episode ppl arent allowed or justified to be mad/dissapointed because their expectations of a 2,3 or 4 months long content drought werent met?

Yes, the layoffs were terrible and its idd justified to have delays but at what point do the delays feel ridiculous? Ppl want an excuse to log in and play the game, ppl that didnt start playing yday, so the "go do some other content in the game" arguement doesnt apply here.

> @"zealex.9410" said:

> > @"Klipso.8653" said:

> > Its awful that they think 30 minutes of story content 3 or 4 times per year, and a single raid once per year is ok. In all honesty the story and raids should be a side project and current events/WvW/sPvP should be the primary focus.

>

> Its not 30 mins, but even if it was 3 hours of content 4+ months is insane.

Not really.

I've seen full fledged games developed well over a year, some longer, that are only couple hours tops of content. 4 months is not an insane wait time, it's within actual development expectations for the scale of a single LW episode.

> @"ChronoPinoyX.7923" said:

> > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > @"Klipso.8653" said:

> > > Its awful that they think 30 minutes of story content 3 or 4 times per year, and a single raid once per year is ok. In all honesty the story and raids should be a side project and current events/WvW/sPvP should be the primary focus.

> >

> > Its not 30 mins, but even if it was 3 hours of content 4+ months is insane.

>

> Not really.

>

> I've seen full fledged games developed well over a year, some longer, that are only couple hours tops of content. 4 months is not an insane wait time, it's within actual development expectations for the scale of a single LW episode.

>full fledged games

> @"zealex.9410" said:

> > @"ChronoPinoyX.7923" said:

> > > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > > @"Klipso.8653" said:

> > > > Its awful that they think 30 minutes of story content 3 or 4 times per year, and a single raid once per year is ok. In all honesty the story and raids should be a side project and current events/WvW/sPvP should be the primary focus.

> > >

> > > Its not 30 mins, but even if it was 3 hours of content 4+ months is insane.

> >

> > Not really.

> >

> > I've seen full fledged games developed well over a year, some longer, that are only couple hours tops of content. 4 months is not an insane wait time, it's within actual development expectations for the scale of a single LW episode.

>

>

>

>full fledged games

Obviously you didn't read a single word outside of those two.

I'm literally stating there are full fledged released games out there that have less content than a single LW episode. If people think LW taking about 4 months is bad, then obviously there's some serious impatience there. Not only that, I can tell most of have not worked in game development simply because they think 4 months is a long time for what LW episodes offer.