Simple changes to improve Berserker and make it more fun to play

Girth.9731

Problem: No access to Fury while in Berserk mode

Solution: Simply add Fury to Arc Divider

Problem: Without access to burst skills outside Berserk mode, the 15s base cooldown is way too punishing. The warrior's offensive and defensive capabilities are dramatically reduced during this time, its like playing with only two traitlines and no burst skills.

Solution: Increase Berserk mode's cooldown to 30s base BUT have it begin to countdown as soon as the warrior activates Berserk. Thus, extending the duration of Berserk mode will funtionally reduce its cooldown as well. (i.e. Having Berserk mode active for 20s would essentially make the cooldown 10s)

Problem: Rage skills lost their adren gain and so adren has become a big problem while in Berzerk mode. Its almost impossible to gain adrenaline fast enough to utilize the low cooldowns of the Primal Bursts.

Solution: Add to Berzerk mode "gain an extra strike of adrenaline when striking a foe while in Berserk mode"

These are not the only issues with Berserker, but these are some of the most pressing ones that I think can be easily fixed.

• 3 weeks later...

yea giving decapitate an automatic cooldown is pointless, you have to wait on adrenaline to fill up before you can use it anyway. I now gain adrenaline so much slower than before the changes. They gave decapitate the same animation as a wand, like whaaat? I now look so silly attacking with a burst skill as a zerker, looks like im waving a wand out there. Sooo Fierce!!

> @"derd.6413" said:

> those aren't issues at all

have to agree ... the problems listed and the solutions solve none of the issues that plague the spec.

Frankly, I'm of the opinion that the least they could do is bring up the non-berserker mode to a minimum standard of design that every class is afforded in this game, even their especs.

1st grievance:

-> No fury in berserk. Answer: give fury to GS.

If it's a problem that concern berserk as a whole, what lead you to think that giving fury to a GS skill would solve the issue?

2nd grievance:

-> Relatively long CD on berserk. Answer: longer CD but start when used.

Currently, Berserk allow burst more often on a short time frame with the drawback of a bit of a cooling period. What you suggest on another hand simply kill _dead or alive_ as a trait (which is somehow ironic) for the sake of the possibility to not have any cool down at all and thus to not have any drawback despite being able to launch burst more often. Aren't you asking for powercreep?

3rd grievance:

-> "Slow" adrenaline generation. Answer: Make berserk grant adrenaline on critical hit.

There is already 2 core traits that does what you suggest, what would be the point of taking these traits if their effect is already granted as a passive?

It's easy to _build_ for fury, critical chance or adrenaline generation. I get that there is a drawback but that's what it mean to build for something. Without drawbacks it's just plain powercreep which end up being complained about.

I think somewhere in the traits there should be lesser Berserker stance activating when entering Berserk. Smash Brawler seems to be the best choice since before it was all about primal burst cd reduction.

They should also work on the condition weapons and torch cause non of them work together well. Torch is a moving fire condifield but most weapons that have the good finishers for it are power so Berserker still seems unfinished.

How about this for a concept: Boost the adrenaline cap for Berserker and Berserk Mode (50 for both), allow you to enter berserk with a 10 second cd (minimum 30 adrenaline still), exit anytime (like necro shroud), and no cooldown on any of the primal bursts, but they cost more adrenaline every time they are used without weapon swapping. Instead of the burning trait on rage, let rage skills be used without cooldown but cost adrenaline instead equal to their remaining cooldown.

Basically just make adrenaline warrior version of revenant energy, but you use it like a necro shroud.

Honnestly, I would probably just recenter the berserker thematic around "being on fire" instead of "going berserk".

- Torch change: add _fire aura_ to both skills. (honnestly with how weak auras are, it's a minor change that don't threaten in any way the balance of the game)

- _Berserk:_ Give you an attack speed boost, _fire aura_ and access to primal burst. You no longer need 3 full pip of adrenaline to enter berserk, instead berserk duration is set at 5s per pip used/consumed when entering berserk mode.

- _Last blaze:_ Changed to: primal bursts grant _fire aura_.

- _Smash brawler:_ reduce berserk mode CD by 5 seconds instead of increasing it's duration.

- _King of fire:_ increase burn duration. Using a rage skill burn foes around you, if you are under the effect of _fire aura_ detonate the aura for more damage and burn.

- _Burst of aggression:_ Gain quickness (2s) and swiftness (4s) whenever you gain _fire aura_.

- _Fatal frenzy:_ When under the effect of _fire aura_ gain 120 power/condition damage. Bonus stat doubled when in berserk mode.