Reaper PvP and wvw builds

Nimon.7840

So here's the build:

https://tinyurl.com/y4xzqhjt

So I tested this thing out. And I didn't like it. Way to glassy, no 1v1 power at all.

So I watched some people playing this build. It was a very passive playstyle on all people I watched...

Not to my liking. Especially because I only got into teams that had only roamers in it, same as enemy teams. And the staff felt awful on reaper.

In the last 14pvp matches, I didn't have a single firebrand support in my team and only played against two firebrand/scourge combos.

Else there have been only guards, rangers, mesmers, thieves, a lot of warriors, engis, eles and revs. All with very mobile and high burst builds (or extreme sustain builds) builds.

So I found myself running around the map, trying to +1 fights, to take or defend points.

I came up with this build (pre-patch):

https://tinyurl.com/y5ksw8yj

And it was Amazing.

I didn't die anymore to any bursty builds jumping at me from behind some walls, due to almost perma protection uptime.

So I'm very interested what builds you guys play?!

Also what builds are you playing after the patch for wvw?

I'm currently still testing here.

Was trying out to play a heavy sustain, lifeleech build, but that didn't work out.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Nimon I play that 1st build you linked and I agree its alot of hide n burst run rinse. Only dif I have is spectral walk/ring/armour. Very passive and gankable. I'll try yours out, looks interesting. My wvw is a derivative of the first build but it's pretty weak against range and whatnot. Still looking for inspiration from you theory crafters.

I’m gonna toot my own horn here

But essentially I presented the second build months ago...right after the DD Change and Onslaught Buff. People Laughed at the idea of using diviner gear after I made a forum post (the forum post was titled “The Divine Boonmancer...and subsequent posts with Boonmancer in the title)

I still use a variation of my original build but it’s much much more optimized. People in my server know me as one of the best 1v1 reaper duelist and 1vXer (henge of Denravi)

But ya glad you see it now that it’s actually a decent stat choice, and that death magic is a worthy selection.

Don’t shy away from sanctuary...it’s not as bad as people think.

This is what I use in WvW for small scale and roaming:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vREQNAR3dnc0A12gt2AG3A0biljBLOH2DPiU/gpQsKqnttCAA-jlDEQBtR3QjURIRqBAhHAwkUFJbHBgFpSBAuAASRpQO2fYjKBjiyiLqE7BHEgAAIA38mZz2M4m38m38m3srbzsZ28m3MpACbyG-w

And this for zerging:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vREQNBhOD7kjGo2Gs1Gw4GgeTs8LYxLxm4Uk6JMGCWQJtAwHA-jlDEQBbUJYiUD4BHEgcs/AAuAATSVkGpiQb0NcRlYSRpQUUW4PVKy2RAACPAgAAIA38mZz2M4m38m38m3srbzsZ28m3MpAGVyG-w

The roaming build is inspired by the stats of Demolisher Amulet in PvP. Enough armor and health to trade hits and plenty enough damage to keep even bruiser builds on the defensive.

Curses adds a necessary Precision boost that can be further improved when your target has a few conditions. With Path Of Corruption and various sources of Blind and Chill, it is very easy to stay at or near 100% Critical Chance.

I have no issues 1v1 or 1vX with this build against pretty well everything besides a well played Soulbeast.

It also translates nicely to core Necro which I sometimes do by swapping out Reaper for Spite, Greatsword for Dagger/Warhorn and CttB for Plaguelands.

U 100% should be useing staff on reaper not gs ffs... I am sure people do not know when to push on reaper and when not to and what it’s role is and when to be that role... makes no sense to have gs over staff at all for reaper. Staff is for kitting and team play and your ds is for your combo burst.. gs is for what?!? face tank dps ??? Them days are done. U need to be kite spikeing then timeing when to point bomb or single target combo burst . Don’t play gs play staff if u don’t like it it’s because u are not playing necro right and getting the most out of your class for your team. When u get better at spvp on necro and a better player u will very quickly relize how good a/W - staff on reaper is and only play it for solo and duo que.

> @"Gamble.4580" said:

> U 100% should be useing staff on reaper not gs kitten... I am sure people do not know when to push on reaper and when not to and what it’s role is and when to be that role... makes no sense to have gs over staff at all for reaper. Staff is for kitting and team play and your ds is for your combo burst.. gs is for what?!? face tank dps ??? Them days are done. U need to be kite spikeing then timeing when to point bomb or single target combo burst . Don’t play gs play staff if u don’t like it it’s because u are not playing necro right and getting the most out of your class for your team. When u get better at spvp on necro and a better player u will very quickly relize how good a/W - staff on reaper is and only play it for solo and duo que.

I do think I am actually quite good, and exactly for that reason I use gs.

GS is a great utility weapon. And can also do good dmg.

While staff deals no dmg, only refills lifeforce. While also not being reaperish at all. Feels more like kitten gameplay

You don't play GS to camp it, be a melee brawler and spam AA, you play GS for the terrific utilities.

You keep axe/# at midrange and when you see the opportunity #4 + #5 + #3 or #4 +#5 + shroud= monster kill. #3 + #2 on downed enemies.

Other wise I play the soul reaping/spite meta, but more and more, against all the boon bunker (particulary scrapper/chrono) I play full "power corruption" [gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNBhOD7kjGo2GsmGw4GgeTsgLYxXxtYZMaDkv+AQXtAwBA-jpAXABAs/QulBAA](http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNBhOD7kjGo2GsmGw4GgeTsgLYxXxtYZMaDkv+AQXtAwBA-jpAXABAs/QulBAA "gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNBhOD7kjGo2GsmGw4GgeTsgLYxXxtYZMaDkv+AQXtAwBA-jpAXABAs/QulBAA") Curses is not that bad as "power" as you earn your own fury, +180precision +2% precision for each condition, you're easily at 90-95% critical chance.

Staff is bad. Camp Axe and Shroud and wombo-combo with GS for its utility. It's been that way forever, except it's just generally worse now with no Speed of Shadows CDR on shroud.

DM is better than people think it is and if you're playing a brawler necro it's one of the better lines unless you play around the might generation with shroud from spite.

Spectral Armor is still better than Grasp. Stunbreaking and damage reduction when CF isn't up are too significant to ignore, and there's rarely a case where the grab will actually do anything meaningful aside from maybe slowing down an enemy decap by a second or two on a class running low stab.

WvW: people have adapted to the no downstate week and all I run into is bunker builds (druid, evasion weaver, scrapper...). So I have found some new (temporary) love for power reaper running curses to mess up my target's bunker rotation.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNAndRnMbC90g12AG3A0biFcBLuK+FLjRbt81HA6qFAOAA-jlxHABfpPAgTBQTKB7Z/R5nyPBg9U/JAwBw5Nv5nH48zP/8zPvvP/8zP/8zP/8zPvUARsMC-w

Going back to SR next week...

After seeing everybody's builds, I am seeing why necro is such a ...... show right now. None of you have absolutely no clue as to the intention of the necro or what a necro can actually do. You're all severely limiting yourselves. Taking metabattle builds and changing some things lol. Learn the class, learn the game, quit making builds where all you have to do is spam to win. Seriously, spite? curses? rofl

> @"Nocturnal Lunacy.8563" said:

> After seeing everybody's builds, I am seeing why necro is such a ...... show right now. None of you have absolutely no clue as to the intention of the necro or what a necro can actually do. You're all severely limiting yourselves. Taking metabattle builds and changing some things lol. Learn the class, learn the game, quit making builds where all you have to do is spam to win. Seriously, spite? curses? rofl

The keyboard jockey has spoken again.

Thanks for the laugh (again)!

> After seeing everybody's builds, I am seeing why necro is such a ...... show right now. None of you have absolutely no clue as to the intention of the necro or what a necro can actually do. You're all severely limiting yourselves. Taking metabattle builds and changing some things lol. Learn the class, learn the game, quit making builds where all you have to do is spam to win. Seriously, spite? curses? rofl

If you're so much better than all of us. You should definitely share your build

Thanks, it was fun.

• 2 weeks later...

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQRBHbhG2JNiQxNYtNglNA9mYBXwmKCNh+VcW8LGGhGABgFAA-jpgYABxWGAg9HAA

if you can stay in shroud for at least 10 seconds after you use your signets, your signets should go on a little over 10s cd with the signet mastery trait. if enemy team is heavy condi, you can even try out plague signet with suffer, although its risky af.

> @"KrHome.1920" said:

> > @"Nocturnal Lunacy.8563" said:

> > After seeing everybody's builds, I am seeing why necro is such a ...... show right now. None of you have absolutely no clue as to the intention of the necro or what a necro can actually do. You're all severely limiting yourselves. Taking metabattle builds and changing some things lol. Learn the class, learn the game, quit making builds where all you have to do is spam to win. Seriously, spite? curses? rofl

> The keyboard kitten has spoken again.

>

> Thanks for the laugh (again)!

sorry i triggered you. Are you feeling personally attacked by this? Hmm i guess if the shoe fits and all that.

> @"Nimon.7840" said:

> > After seeing everybody's builds, I am seeing why necro is such a ...... show right now. None of you have absolutely no clue as to the intention of the necro or what a necro can actually do. You're all severely limiting yourselves. Taking metabattle builds and changing some things lol. Learn the class, learn the game, quit making builds where all you have to do is spam to win. Seriously, spite? curses? rofl

>

> If you're so much better than all of us. You should definitely share your build

I have and hey i even have record vids of me dominating all of you

> > @"Nimon.7840" said:

> > > @"Nocturnal Lunacy.8563" said:

> > > After seeing everybody's builds, I am seeing why necro is such a ...... show right now. None of you have absolutely no clue as to the intention of the necro or what a necro can actually do. You're all severely limiting yourselves. Taking metabattle builds and changing some things lol. Learn the class, learn the game, quit making builds where all you have to do is spam to win. Seriously, spite? curses? rofl

> >

> > If you're so much better than all of us. You should definitely share your build

>

> I have and hey i even have record vids of me dominating all of you

Lol.

You might have never even met me. You on EU or na?

And I never saw your name here in the necro sub before, as far as I remember. So you shared builds 2years ago? Cause that's when I went active in the forum.

Or you never posted a good build or a very bad build either, cause else I'd remember you.

So afraid to post your build?

> @"Nimon.7840" said:

> > > @"Nimon.7840" said:

> > > > @"Nocturnal Lunacy.8563" said:

> > > > After seeing everybody's builds, I am seeing why necro is such a ...... show right now. None of you have absolutely no clue as to the intention of the necro or what a necro can actually do. You're all severely limiting yourselves. Taking metabattle builds and changing some things lol. Learn the class, learn the game, quit making builds where all you have to do is spam to win. Seriously, spite? curses? rofl

> > >

> > > If you're so much better than all of us. You should definitely share your build

> >

> > I have and hey i even have record vids of me dominating all of you

>

> Lol.

>

> You might have never even met me. You on EU or na?

>

> And I never saw your name here in the necro sub before, as far as I remember. So you shared builds 2years ago? Cause that's when I went active in the forum.

> Or you never posted a good build or a very bad build either, cause else I'd remember you.

>

> So afraid to post your build?

How dare u question the master! :)

> @"Nimon.7840" said:

> > > @"Nimon.7840" said:

> > > > @"Nocturnal Lunacy.8563" said:

> > > > After seeing everybody's builds, I am seeing why necro is such a ...... show right now. None of you have absolutely no clue as to the intention of the necro or what a necro can actually do. You're all severely limiting yourselves. Taking metabattle builds and changing some things lol. Learn the class, learn the game, quit making builds where all you have to do is spam to win. Seriously, spite? curses? rofl

> > >

> > > If you're so much better than all of us. You should definitely share your build

> >

> > I have and hey i even have record vids of me dominating all of you

>

> Lol.

>

> You might have never even met me. You on EU or na?

>

> And I never saw your name here in the necro sub before, as far as I remember. So you shared builds 2years ago? Cause that's when I went active in the forum.

> Or you never posted a good build or a very bad build either, cause else I'd remember you.

>

> So afraid to post your build?

I've posted the build multiple times under various accounts. Its not my fault you weren't here don't try to shame me cuz you missed out. Thats called narcissism. And my build isn't for the average blob mentality spammer. My builds you have to think about what youre doing or youll get deleted. There's only been a few that have been able to run my builds successfully. And if you think curses and spite are good trait lines for necro then you obv will never be one of them. And i'm rarely on these forums

> > @"Nimon.7840" said:

> > > @"Nocturnal Lunacy.8563" said:

> > > > @"Nimon.7840" said:

> > > > > @"Nocturnal Lunacy.8563" said:

> > > > > After seeing everybody's builds, I am seeing why necro is such a ...... show right now. None of you have absolutely no clue as to the intention of the necro or what a necro can actually do. You're all severely limiting yourselves. Taking metabattle builds and changing some things lol. Learn the class, learn the game, quit making builds where all you have to do is spam to win. Seriously, spite? curses? rofl

> > > >

> > > > If you're so much better than all of us. You should definitely share your build

> > >

> > > I have and hey i even have record vids of me dominating all of you

> >

> > Lol.

> >

> > You might have never even met me. You on EU or na?

> >

> > And I never saw your name here in the necro sub before, as far as I remember. So you shared builds 2years ago? Cause that's when I went active in the forum.

> > Or you never posted a good build or a very bad build either, cause else I'd remember you.

> >

> > So afraid to post your build?

>

> I've posted the build multiple times under various accounts. Its not my fault you weren't here don't try to shame me cuz you missed out. Thats called narcissism. And my build isn't for the average blob mentality spammer. My builds you have to think about what youre doing or youll get deleted. There's only been a few that have been able to run my builds successfully. And if you think curses and spite are good trait lines for necro then you obv will never be one of them. And i'm rarely on these forums

Sigmund Freud, you are not.

Please tell me more about YOUR amazing builds , how great YOU are and how so few people have mastered YOUR builds.

Oh, while you're at it share some clips of YOU dominating everyone.

Narcissism Definition-Personality qualities include thinking very highly of oneself, needing admiration, believing others are inferior, and lacking empathy for others

Put up or Shutup. Share your "Awesome totally cool God Mode everyone but me is a noob that doesn't know the class" build. Or admit you're a troll that still lives in your mom's basement.