Suggestion: add the "missing" skills in Season 5

ArenaNet mentioned how they would like to add "expansion-like" features during the Season 5 episodes. I doubt they have the resources to add full specializations through the Living World (if they do, more power to them). But, maybe they could add something else - the "missing" skills.

A skill type for the second half of the skill bar usually defaults to: one healing skill, four utility skills, one elite skill (other than on the Revenant, of course). Some skill types are missing one or two skills. Adding those through Season 5 would be a nice marketting strategy (ArenaNet could boast about how they would add new skills), and wouldn't really add too many new things.

For example, the Elementalist currently has:

* Arcane skills: 1 healing, 4 utility, 0 elite skill

* Cantrip: 1 healing, 4 utility, 1 elite skill

* Conjure: 0 healing, 4 utility, 1 elite skill

* Glyph: 1 healing, 4 utility, 1 elite skill

* Signet: 1 healing, 4 utility, 0 elite skill

So they're "missing": one Arcane elite skill, one healing Conjure skill and one elite Signet skill.

For Necromancers:

* Corruption: 1 healing, 4 utility, 1 elite skill

* Minion: 1 healing, 4 utility, 1 elite skill

* Signet: 1 healing, 4 utility, 0 elite skill

* Spectral: 0 healing, 4 utility, 1 elite skill

* Well: 1 healing, 4 utility, 0 elite skill

So they're "missing": one elite Signet skill, one healing Spectral skill and one elite Well skill.

As you can see, this would add few skills to the game, but would increase consistency a lot.

> @"Thandaer.8105" said:

> Sound really nice, but again, what would you do with revenants. We already have 5 skills for every legend. So it's either giving us brand new skill per legend or nothing at all (and that would leave us saaaaad).

1 new utility for every legend.

Also big YES from me to the general idea.

> @"DanAlcedo.3281" said:

> > @"Thandaer.8105" said:

> > Sound really nice, but again, what would you do with revenants. We already have 5 skills for every legend. So it's either giving us brand new skill per legend or nothing at all (and that would leave us saaaaad).

>

> 1 new utility for every legend.

>

>

> Also big YES from me to the general idea.

>

Time for Ventari utility revive skill :)

> @"Thandaer.8105" said:

> > @"DanAlcedo.3281" said:

> > > @"Thandaer.8105" said:

> > > Sound really nice, but again, what would you do with revenants. We already have 5 skills for every legend. So it's either giving us brand new skill per legend or nothing at all (and that would leave us saaaaad).

> >

> > 1 new utility for every legend.

> >

> >

> > Also big YES from me to the general idea.

> >

>

> Time for Ventari utility revive skill :)

I would be happy with aoe regen again.

> @"Thandaer.8105" said:

> Sound really nice, but again, what would you do with revenants. We already have 5 skills for every legend. So it's either giving us brand new skill per legend or nothing at all (and that would leave us saaaaad).

Rev needs an underwater legend

> @"Thandaer.8105" said:

Extra core legend. Since there's one for every specialization except Invocation, add Legendary Revenant Rytlock stance. Yo dawg...

> @"Thandaer.8105" said:

> > @"DanAlcedo.3281" said:

> > > @"Thandaer.8105" said:

> > > Sound really nice, but again, what would you do with revenants. We already have 5 skills for every legend. So it's either giving us brand new skill per legend or nothing at all (and that would leave us saaaaad).

> >

> > 1 new utility for every legend.

> >

> >

> > Also big YES from me to the general idea.

> >

>

> Time for Ventari utility revive skill :)

IMO, the best option here would be to add one utility skill to every core Legend (so they would also match the "one healing, four utility and one elite" scheme everyone else follows). I even have some suggestions for the new utility skills:

* Shiro: "Meditation of the Reaper" - block the next attack and steal health from the attacker (since the sword block was removed)

* Ventari: as mentioned above, a revive skill

* Mallyx: inflicts Torment on an enemy; if they have more than 3 stacks of Torment, they are knocked down (so there's at least one utility skill that does strong breakbar damage)

* Jalis: a self buff that is also a stun breaker (so the Dwarf legend has at least one stun breaker)

• 3 months later...

I also think that adding these missing skills would be a great idea! This could also be a great tool for Anet to make the core classes more attractive compared to elite specs, which is what they have been trying to do with the latest balance patches (core death shroud changes and thief traps rework as an example). It would also be a great way to give some new content to everyone playing the game, regardless of what expansions they own.

And for revenant I also think adding a new skill per legend is more realistic than adding a new legend, as there won't be any trait line supporting a newly added legend.

Yea, that's something. Sometimes I have to choose between "useless elite skill" and "useful in rare situations elite skill with long CD". I mean elementalist — FGS is in rotation for power builds, but it still has very long CD. For condi eles FGS is useless (only 1 skill inflict burning).

Weave self is a weird skill. You have to attune to all elements and then there's aoe CC. It breaks my rotation on weaver (I play trailblazer condi sword weaver in OW).

Glyph of elementals has the best options for me. Fire for condi, air for CC, water for heal (over 6k healing), earth for protection.

It would be great to have many options for elite skills.

Engi's elite skills:

Turrets (from turrets, obviously)

Mortar Kit (Kits - bombs, grenades, flamethrower, elixir gun, tool kit)

Elixir X (Elixirs)

There is no elite skill for:

**Gadgets** (Utility googles, rocket boots, Ram, Slick Shoes.

Thief could use an elite from: **Preparations** and **Signets.** We have Dagger Storm (tricks), Thieves Guild (deceptions) and Basilisk Venom (venoms).

That is expecially interesting in combination with the traits - when you trait for utility skills that you use a lot while not having an elite skill of that type. And since my main is engineer as well I only can refer to what Antycypator said above. Some elite gadget would be nice ha ha. :D

Though "expansion-like content" doesn't necessarily have to mean skills, traits or other stuff. Could also be some different game mechanics. (Now if this was vs. underwater dragon and not with Norn/Jormag I'd have guessed they would add some underwater stuff slowly. Speculating on them making a 3rd expansion and needing tons of more time for balancing - for underwater und the deep sea dragon.)