> > @"Klowdy.3126" said:

> > > @"luzonophir.7134" said:

> > > > @"Klowdy.3126" said:

> > > > > @"Trise.2865" said:

> > > > > > @"Leo G.4501" said:

> > > > > > > @"Trise.2865" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Leo G.4501" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Trise.2865" said:

> > > > > > > > > The problem is, there is no benefit to being evil in this world. Not for dime-a-dozen mooks like you/us.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > You, my friend, need to start thinking like a villain.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I am. That's how I know how common all of you are. Mook.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Nah, that's a common mook response. Villains have ambition and don't readily fall rank n' file behind the status quo. My qualifications for a villain is, you can't often tell the difference between one and a hero if context is removed.

> > > > >

> > > > > Then there's no difference at all, which means it doesn't matter.

> > > > >

> > > > > Besides, what's more villainous than using my position of privilege (I already have what I want) to deny yours?

> > > >

> > > > Victor's write history. Had kitten won, things would be told much differently.

> > > >

> > > > Also, couldn't you assume we already were villains in PoF? We killed Balthazar because he wanted to kill Kralkitorik and we didn't like that, then we turn right around and start OUR campaign to kill Kralkitorik. Balthazar did not seem like he wanted to use the power obsorbed by that to destroy, or enslave the planet (but who knows). I guess we're mostly just hypocrites.

> > > >

> > > > Edit: kitten= late 1940s German leader, which is apparently considered a bad word. Not as if his name could ever be used in an educational, or informative nature, not just used to belittle someone.

> > >

> > > Austrian, not German.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > He was born in as Austria, but was chancellor of Germany, then made fuhrer, and ruled over Na** Germany. I was saying he was the leader of Germany, not that he was born there.

>

> but technically Austrian. Austrian Parents, born on Austrian soil, went to Germany to disgrace and dishonor Germany's reputation.

Lol, that's not the point I'm making. He lead Germany. His place of birth doesn't have anything to do with the land and people he ruled.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Klowdy.3126" said:

> > @"luzonophir.7134" said:

> > > @"Klowdy.3126" said:

> > > > @"luzonophir.7134" said:

> > > > > @"Klowdy.3126" said:

> > > > > > @"Trise.2865" said:

> > > > > > > @"Leo G.4501" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Trise.2865" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Leo G.4501" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Trise.2865" said:

> > > > > > > > > > The problem is, there is no benefit to being evil in this world. Not for dime-a-dozen mooks like you/us.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > You, my friend, need to start thinking like a villain.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I am. That's how I know how common all of you are. Mook.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Nah, that's a common mook response. Villains have ambition and don't readily fall rank n' file behind the status quo. My qualifications for a villain is, you can't often tell the difference between one and a hero if context is removed.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Then there's no difference at all, which means it doesn't matter.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Besides, what's more villainous than using my position of privilege (I already have what I want) to deny yours?

> > > > >

> > > > > Victor's write history. Had kitten won, things would be told much differently.

> > > > >

> > > > > Also, couldn't you assume we already were villains in PoF? We killed Balthazar because he wanted to kill Kralkitorik and we didn't like that, then we turn right around and start OUR campaign to kill Kralkitorik. Balthazar did not seem like he wanted to use the power obsorbed by that to destroy, or enslave the planet (but who knows). I guess we're mostly just hypocrites.

> > > > >

> > > > > Edit: kitten= late 1940s German leader, which is apparently considered a bad word. Not as if his name could ever be used in an educational, or informative nature, not just used to belittle someone.

> > > >

> > > > Austrian, not German.

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > He was born in as Austria, but was chancellor of Germany, then made fuhrer, and ruled over Na** Germany. I was saying he was the leader of Germany, not that he was born there.

> >

> > but technically Austrian. Austrian Parents, born on Austrian soil, went to Germany to disgrace and dishonor Germany's reputation.

>

> Lol, that's not the point I'm making. He lead Germany. His place of birth doesn't have anything to do with the land and people he ruled.

but you cannot call him German. He is a foreign Austrian saboteur who "led" the German people to disgrace coz apparently Austria also speak Deutsche. and since he is on top of the Na2i hierarchy, you can technically say that he approved and not VETOED the holocaust of the Yiddish Germans.

> @"luzonophir.7134" said:

> > @"Klowdy.3126" said:

> > > @"luzonophir.7134" said:

> > > > @"Klowdy.3126" said:

> > > > > @"luzonophir.7134" said:

> > > > > > @"Klowdy.3126" said:

> > > > > > > @"Trise.2865" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Leo G.4501" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Trise.2865" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Leo G.4501" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"Trise.2865" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > The problem is, there is no benefit to being evil in this world. Not for dime-a-dozen mooks like you/us.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > You, my friend, need to start thinking like a villain.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > I am. That's how I know how common all of you are. Mook.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Nah, that's a common mook response. Villains have ambition and don't readily fall rank n' file behind the status quo. My qualifications for a villain is, you can't often tell the difference between one and a hero if context is removed.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Then there's no difference at all, which means it doesn't matter.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Besides, what's more villainous than using my position of privilege (I already have what I want) to deny yours?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Victor's write history. Had kitten won, things would be told much differently.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Also, couldn't you assume we already were villains in PoF? We killed Balthazar because he wanted to kill Kralkitorik and we didn't like that, then we turn right around and start OUR campaign to kill Kralkitorik. Balthazar did not seem like he wanted to use the power obsorbed by that to destroy, or enslave the planet (but who knows). I guess we're mostly just hypocrites.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Edit: kitten= late 1940s German leader, which is apparently considered a bad word. Not as if his name could ever be used in an educational, or informative nature, not just used to belittle someone.

> > > > >

> > > > > Austrian, not German.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > He was born in as Austria, but was chancellor of Germany, then made fuhrer, and ruled over Na** Germany. I was saying he was the leader of Germany, not that he was born there.

> > >

> > > but technically Austrian. Austrian Parents, born on Austrian soil, went to Germany to disgrace and dishonor Germany's reputation.

> >

> > Lol, that's not the point I'm making. He lead Germany. His place of birth doesn't have anything to do with the land and people he ruled.

>

> but you cannot call him German. He is a foreign Austrian saboteur who "led" the German people to disgrace coz apparently Austria also speak Deutsche. and since he is on top of the Na2i hierarchy, you can technically say that he approved and not VETOED the holocaust of the Yiddish Germans.

I'm not calling him German, I'm saying he was the leader of Germany. I never mentioned his nationality.

i think your character is meant to be this vanilla, boring & seemingly uninthused type good guy character. i dont pay attention to it anymore because the characters are your cliche type A & B personalities.

I had always hoped to play an mmo, it being gw2, that your responses determined some sort of outcome from start to finish with each major benchmark - but sadly no, I went auto-pilot probably after Eir's demise because it was a shock factor that you knew was coming & she was written off because she has nothing else to give to gw2 story & typically, I skip what I can because it's same tune, different story.

If you think about it, we're already _bad guys_

Run into town

Kill everyone who opposes us

Loot their corpses in front of their grieving loved ones

Run off laughing

And we're obsessed with gaining **power**

All that's missing is our signature on the Inquest Recruitment form

> @"EmmetOtter.8542" said:

> If you think about it, we're already _bad guys_

>

> Run into town

> Kill everyone who opposes us

> Loot their corpses in front of their grieving loved ones

> Run off laughing

>

> And we're obsessed with gaining **power**

>

> All that's missing is our signature on the Inquest Recruitment form

and all of you die in your sleep.

those you killed have already prepared their vengeance in the other side coz they came there first.

lel.

@"luzonophir.7134"

Whoah. Talk about going to a dark place, real fast.

But that's also what makes us _bad guys_ already.

> @"Aridon.8362" said:

> I would like it too, but it's pretty hard to implement.

Probably less difficult than adding a new race to the game.

* Create new personal stories for each race

* Add some bad guy, Legion of Doom-style headquarter hangouts (where we can convince/torture do-gooders and swap bad guy stories)

* Add "the choice" moment to existing personal stories, "Luke I am your father. Join me on the dark side and together we will rule the empire! Yes? Already?? I didn't even mention the dental plan. Ok just initial here, here, and sign and date here. YOU'RE IN!"

All that's left is to run around "doing good" and you too can be the misunderstood anti-hero

> @"EmmetOtter.8542" said:

> @"luzonophir.7134"

> Whoah. Talk about going to a dark place, real fast.

>

> But that's also what makes us _bad guys_ already.

>

> > @"Aridon.8362" said:

> > I would like it too, but it's pretty hard to implement.

> Probably less difficult than adding a new race to the game.

> * Create new personal stories for each race

> * Add some bad guy, Legion of Doom-style headquarter hangouts (where we can convince/torture do-gooders and swap bad guy stories)

> * Add "the choice" moment to existing personal stories, "Luke I am your father. Join me on the dark side and together we will rule the empire! Yes? Already?? I didn't even mention the dental plan. Ok just initial here, here, and sign and date here. YOU'RE IN!"

>

> All that's left is to run around "doing good" and you too can be the misunderstood anti-hero

>

It's harder because you're going to stress every department with double work because they have to work on both the good and bad counterparts. This includes double the voice acting, double the programming, double the artwork etc. etc. They will also have to figure out whether or not to have other players kill you in open world.

> @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > @"Trise.2865" said:

> > Then there's no difference at all, which means it doesn't matter.

> >

> > Besides, what's more villainous than using my position of privilege (I already have what I want) to deny yours?

>

> Thats a very petty kind of villainy IMO.

Of course it is. Killing all of them doesn't benefit me besides removing their shrill, obnoxious idiocy from my presence, and I have better things to do.

Your actions are literally causing the world to break apart. Meanwhile, you slaughter thousands of individuals for their money and possessions.

How is that not being the villain?

/s

More seriously: ArenaNet said from the get go that no matter what, GW2 will be about playing the hero. This was while they were still going on about "your story" and how the game will cater to your choices in the plot. Something that got dropped sadly.

"These fools I'm around speak of "justice" and "righteousness" as though they are absolutes opposed to some multi-faceted monster. We are our ambitions; if it's our will to bring hell down to Tyria, so be it. Whatever stands in my way, whether they stand behind an honorable standard or an amoral, pieced together banner, will fall. The world is already in a state of atrophy, what's a few shoves in the right direction?"