New Memorable song?

"Fear Not This Night" was totally cheesy and did not fit the boring implementation of the core campaign's ending at all: awful AI, bad engine, rather empty instances, boring maps and fights, no epic feeling whatsoever. It's a lovely song for sure but maybe better suited for a game which gives you a feeling of epicness at the end of a campaign, as well as a feeling of closure and not yet another "Guess what? There are more elder dragons to go after, woohoo! So guess what we are going to do next..."

I can do without another artificial tear-jerker.

I've long been tired of Fear Not This Night being "the iconic gw2 song". As nice as it is, it gets old after a few years. Even if they don't come out as iconic, I've wanted more songs with lyrics to the game for a while. All or Nothing gave us two such songs, and I've really enjoyed them. And I will enjoy more.

Though, I must say, I am still waiting for the Zephyrite song to be put into a proper rendition with proper singers.

^^ Because apparently you can't enjoy a song for its own sake. Anyway...

There was always one that stood out for me.

The battle music for PoF is great all around, but this one holds a special place for me. You see, I play through the game with the sound off. I'm usually listening to podcasts or music or audio books. The exceptions to this are when I have to concentrate. Particularly, when I'm hosting Serpent's Ire. Once I get to phase 3, unless something terrible happens I've won. The fight at the end is basically an elaborate victory lap. I know I've won, but I still like to see the fight play out. This song plays while fighting Ysshi and Pekt Rakt.

@Blood Red Arachnid.2493

I think people would like something with text which is memorable like the Dragonborn comes track from Skyrim or Daughter of the sea from WoW. Would be cool if they did a text for Saga of the Norn in the Shiverpeaks expansion/season( if that is on the table) or a new song whit less symphonic sound and more like folk bands SKÁLD, Ensiferum or Korpiklaani, then again this is just personal taste.

> @"Blood Red Arachnid.2493" said:

> ^^ Because apparently you can't enjoy a song for its own sake. Anyway...

>

> There was always one that stood out for me.

That is _not_ a song! :s "Song" means it has lyrics, a specific build-up (verse, chorus,...) and meter. Anything purely instrumental with a classical structure is called a musical piece.