Chair Fatigue

OK, first - best MMO ever, possibly best PC game ever. Now to business. I know ArenaNet has been stuck trying to go uphill in a muddy rainstorm for a while now, but come on... chairs? maybe if they were pve loot but not gem store fodder, and the same thing with the outrageously expensive procession of mount skins. Please you can do better. You've done it before. Maybe take a short-term hit to shift the revenue meta or something IDK. I'll still play but I want a little excitement.

So far, the only thing they sold in the Gemstore are fashion or quality of life items. Noting is mandatory.

I don't care what they sell in there as long as this philosophy don't change. They can sell as many style of chairs or mount skins as they want, at whatever price they want. If I see something I like and I find the price ok, I buy it. Otherwise, I don't.

I'm indifferent to the gem store chairs. I'm not going to buy any because I rarely use the novelties I have, especially the chair, so it doesn't seem worth paying for more. I don't really see the appeal for other people either but if they like them and are willing to pay for them that's their choice. The nice thing is that I can be indifferent - there is absolutely no benefit to having a gem store chair, so if Anet can make money from a harmless cosmetic option I'm happy to let them - the alternative is trying to find things we all feel we need to buy...and I don't want to be in the position of feeling like I have to spend more to enjoy a game I've already bought.

Chairs seem odd to me too. I'd much rather new tonics or other novelties like the Bobblehead / Aviator station. But as Danikat said above, if this is a way to generate revenue from people who want these things, nobody should be standing in the way. Just because they hold no interest for me doesn't make them bad, so long as they are interesting to someone else.

I mean, there are literally 2 chairs you can earn in game already. Granted both are rewards for the hardest raid bosses and it would be nice to see chairs earned in content thats accessible to more people. Doesnt mean you cant earn chairs in game, and 1 can even be bought on the trading post.

> @"zombyturtle.5980" said:

> I mean, there are literally 2 chairs you can earn in game already. Granted both are rewards for the hardest raid bosses and it would be nice to see chairs earned in content thats accessible to more people. Doesnt mean you cant earn chairs in game, and 1 can even be bought on the trading post.

If you count the plain chair too, there are 3 you can earn outside the gem shop.

> @"Schimmi.6872" said:

> > @"zombyturtle.5980" said:

> > I mean, there are literally 2 chairs you can earn in game already. Granted both are rewards for the hardest raid bosses and it would be nice to see chairs earned in content thats accessible to more people. Doesnt mean you cant earn chairs in game, and 1 can even be bought on the trading post.

> If you count the plain chair too, there are 3 you can earn outside the gem shop.

>

Oh I forgot about that one thankyou. It was bugged when I first started it , and I forgot to finish so never earned it.