10 target skills: where do the extra 5 targets go?

Yeah it goes like this:

1. Range

2. Subsquad

3. Squad

4. Other players

5. Pets/Minions

As you can see 10 targets first has to be in range of the skill. Your subsquad get priority here, however if they are out of range it goes to other squadmembers instead.

Who is within range is everything really. Doesn't matter what position in squad allies are in, it goes to 10 people within range regardless.

Edit: When I say range I mean allies closest to you. If some of those 10 are in your subsquad, they are guaranteed the benefit, then comes rest of squad and lastly other players.

To try and paint a picture:

Let's say you have 15 allies and one subsquad member around you within range, but the subsquadmember is farthest away. By virtue of range only he would not get the buff, however prioritizing squadmembers means he will be guaranteed the buff and the other 9 people closest to you will get the rest.

Or let's say you run with just a party and a 5 ally skill. Then everyone in your party, as long as they are in range, are guaranteed your buffs. If 1 is out of range, that buff goes to the nearest allied player not in your party.

Simplest way to describe it really is:

1. Subsquadmembers within range

2. Squadmembers nearest you

3. If 10 man target not yet reached, any player nearest you

4. If still not 10 targets, pets and minions

> @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> > @"Schimmi.6872" said:

> > snips

> it does, thanks :-)

>

> > @"rng.1024" said:

> > snips

> yeah I checked out that link thanks. so basically if everyone is in 5 person parties, its random. not what I wanted to hear! oh well. also, took me a minute to realize what subsquad was...

>

>

It's not random, the 5 remaining buffs goes to the 5 players closest to you - meaning you can position yourself so that you decide who it goes to for the most part unless it's really crowded :p

> @"rng.1024" said:

> It's not random, the 5 remaining buffs goes to the 5 players closest to you - meaning you can position yourself so that you decide who it goes to for the most part unless it's really crowded :p

true, if you're in the backline you can sorta control who it goes to. if the 5 extra targets went to the next party down tho… that would be ideal imo.

> @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> > @"rng.1024" said:

> > It's not random, the 5 remaining buffs goes to the 5 players closest to you - meaning you can position yourself so that you decide who it goes to for the most part unless it's really crowded :p

>

> true, if you're in the backline you can sorta control who it goes to. if the 5 extra targets went to the next party down tho… that would be ideal imo.

Would definitely make for an interesting experience, however really come short if you have asymmetrical parties.

And would the last party's buffs go to the first then?

> @"rng.1024" said:

> Would definitely make for an interesting experience, however really come short if you have asymmetrical parties.

>

> And would the last party's buffs go to the first then?

if next party range check fails, then it could go to the top of the list in that link and start there.

yeah last to first I guess.