Thank you for improving PoF!

Path of Fire has long needed improvements in order to compete activity-wise with Heart of Thorns and this patch seems to be giving a huge effort into finally bringing PoF back into relevancy. Not only will PoF metas now complete far more often, but all of the other collections, quests, and side pursuits that required either meta completions or for maps to generally have a higher average activity base will have a chance to flourish. I am especially ecstatic to see that our prayers have finally been answered in making Serpent's Ire something that can actually be completed by anything less than a highly trained full map guild squad. So thank you, Anet, I can't wait to at last return to Elona!

I feel like this is indeed a long overdue change. But perhaps far too late for me. Personally, I am unlikely to go back to aquire the rare drops that were formerly so rare after having spent a year trying to collect it.

Great for new players or others without my level of burnout frustration, however.

> @"Memoranda.9386" said:

> I feel like this is indeed a long overdue change.

This is what I was thinking. None of these changes seemed to be major overhaul or required alterations to the pathing or AI. They are from what I see just nerfs in terms of stats. Why did this take so long? I've been hearing about the ills of Serpent's Ire for a min of 6 months now, maybe longer? Glad they made these changes, now I might actually care about PoF metas, whereas I do the HoT ones pretty much daily.

> @"Turkeyspit.3965" said:

> > @"Memoranda.9386" said:

> > I feel like this is indeed a long overdue change.

>

> This is what I was thinking. None of these changes seemed to be major overhaul or required alterations to the pathing or AI. They are from what I see just nerfs in terms of stats. Why did this take so long? I've been hearing about the ills of Serpent's Ire for a min of 6 months now, maybe longer? Glad they made these changes, now I might actually care about PoF metas, whereas I do the HoT ones pretty much daily.

>

>

Im guessing now they are focussed on gw2 exclusively, we can have nice things again

> @"Memoranda.9386" said:

> I feel like this is indeed a long overdue change.

Nobody really understands Anet's priority list of changes. Through past updates we've seen both small and huge changes to improve the game. But things like "being unable to hide nameplates from your pets / party members" is still an issue six years after release?

In any case, these sort of updates are what keep me active in the game, so that's good. :D

> @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > @"Turkeyspit.3965" said:

> > > @"Memoranda.9386" said:

> > > I feel like this is indeed a long overdue change.

> >

> > This is what I was thinking. None of these changes seemed to be major overhaul or required alterations to the pathing or AI. They are from what I see just nerfs in terms of stats. Why did this take so long? I've been hearing about the ills of Serpent's Ire for a min of 6 months now, maybe longer? Glad they made these changes, now I might actually care about PoF metas, whereas I do the HoT ones pretty much daily.

> >

> >

>

> Im guessing now they are focussed on gw2 exclusively, we can have nice things again

A very sage observation. :+1:

I was happy to see these changes too. Especially the improved availability of materials needed for legendaries (since I'm planning to start the Claw of the Khan-Ur soon) and of course increased drop rates for the minis.

I'll have to give the revamped Serpent's Ire a try too. I often see people attempting it while I'm in Vabbi but there's only once I remember a successful attempt, and of course I wasn't joining in.

All the while I read through the patch notes, I kept thinking, "Wow, people will be happy about this!" Lots of PoF improvements here!

Amalgamated gemstones from PoF metas will make acquisition a little faster and the prices less unreasonable.

Music Boxes will now drop more frequently, and in tradeable packages? That will still never take away the awesome joy of getting my first one. ^^ But yeah,...many people didn't even know they were in the game, they were so rare. So, yay for that, too!

> @"Blocki.4931" said:

> > @"Katastroff.1045" said:

> > Great patch, but the stealth removal of the skyscale achievements would need some kind of explanation.

>

> Do you mean the Explorer ones? That would be because none of them work.

Yeah i know they didnt work, but the whole shabang just vanished. Will they work on it and come back or will they fall into the mystic forge and never be seen again?

I love this update and hope that it will make people doing other than bounty when daily is when it's "event completer".

Last time at vabbi, all on the map was doing bounty and they miss the (short) meta Forged with Fire.

Sometimes i think that bounty shouldn't count as event when it's event completer because when doing event, it's a good way to (re) discover some event.

I'm already seeing more and more groups doing PoF Meta Events tonight than ever before! I hope they stay and try crafting Legendary Weapons with the Elegy Mosaics from Metas and Bounties instead of always returning to Dragon's Stand (not that I don't like Dragon's Stand of course :) ) Looking forward to doing more and more of PoF from now on!