I'd rather buy the skyscale than wasting so much time and materials on getting that mount.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Klowdy.3126" said:

> > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > > @"Klowdy.3126" said:

> > > > @"Altion.9576" said:

> > > > I find the collection to get this mount stupid and a chore, not only it requires a stupid amount of time, but you also need to spend gold AND a kitten of materials to get it? It feels like im trying to get a kitten legendary!! Hell no.

> > >

> > > What?!?! You'd rather throw money at a problem than overcome it? Should they also put legendary gear in the BL shop?

> >

> > if they did, I would buy quite a few Gen2.

> >

> > Id rather work for one hour and buy something with that wage that would have otherwise cost me days in man power hours of grinding.

> >

> > Anet are missing out on a lot of money by not allowing them to be purchased but I guess they have made enough money from mount skins not too warrant selling them outright.

>

> Lol, ANet is avoiding the player loss that comes with P2W games. Of course people would buy that stuff, and people that actually want to play games, and disagree with P2W, would find something else. There is no P2W game in existence that doesn't have problems keeping players, because no one wants to play wallet wars. What is the point of even playing a game if you can literally buy everything you could possibly want?

i dont understand how buying a cosmetic is pay to win?

> @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > @"Klowdy.3126" said:

> > > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > > > @"Klowdy.3126" said:

> > > > > @"Altion.9576" said:

> > > > > I find the collection to get this mount stupid and a chore, not only it requires a stupid amount of time, but you also need to spend gold AND a kitten of materials to get it? It feels like im trying to get a kitten legendary!! Hell no.

> > > >

> > > > What?!?! You'd rather throw money at a problem than overcome it? Should they also put legendary gear in the BL shop?

> > >

> > > if they did, I would buy quite a few Gen2.

> > >

> > > Id rather work for one hour and buy something with that wage that would have otherwise cost me days in man power hours of grinding.

> > >

> > > Anet are missing out on a lot of money by not allowing them to be purchased but I guess they have made enough money from mount skins not too warrant selling them outright.

> >

> > Lol, ANet is avoiding the player loss that comes with P2W games. Of course people would buy that stuff, and people that actually want to play games, and disagree with P2W, would find something else. There is no P2W game in existence that doesn't have problems keeping players, because no one wants to play wallet wars. What is the point of even playing a game if you can literally buy everything you could possibly want?

>

> i dont understand how buying a cosmetic is pay to win?

The convenience of a flying mount and changing stats of a weapon by fly is a cosmetic to you?

> > @"Klowdy.3126" said:

> > > > > @"Altion.9576" said:

> > > > > I find the collection to get this mount stupid and a chore, not only it requires a stupid amount of time, but you also need to spend gold AND a kitten of materials to get it? It feels like im trying to get a kitten legendary!! Hell no.

> > > >

> > > > What?!?! You'd rather throw money at a problem than overcome it? Should they also put legendary gear in the BL shop?

> > >

> > > if they did, I would buy quite a few Gen2.

> > >

> > > Id rather work for one hour and buy something with that wage that would have otherwise cost me days in man power hours of grinding.

> > >

> > > Anet are missing out on a lot of money by not allowing them to be purchased but I guess they have made enough money from mount skins not too warrant selling them outright.

> >

> > Lol, ANet is avoiding the player loss that comes with P2W games. Of course people would buy that stuff, and people that actually want to play games, and disagree with P2W, would find something else. There is no P2W game in existence that doesn't have problems keeping players, because no one wants to play wallet wars. What is the point of even playing a game if you can literally buy everything you could possibly want?

>

> i dont understand how buying a cosmetic is pay to win?

>

>

Considering both the mount and legendaries are more than just cosmetics, it would be P2W.

> @"Ototo.3214" said:

> > > > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > > > > @"Klowdy.3126" said:

> > > > > > @"Altion.9576" said:

> > > > > > I find the collection to get this mount stupid and a chore, not only it requires a stupid amount of time, but you also need to spend gold AND a kitten of materials to get it? It feels like im trying to get a kitten legendary!! Hell no.

> > > > >

> > > > > What?!?! You'd rather throw money at a problem than overcome it? Should they also put legendary gear in the BL shop?

> > > >

> > > > if they did, I would buy quite a few Gen2.

> > > >

> > > > Id rather work for one hour and buy something with that wage that would have otherwise cost me days in man power hours of grinding.

> > > >

> > > > Anet are missing out on a lot of money by not allowing them to be purchased but I guess they have made enough money from mount skins not too warrant selling them outright.

> > >

> > > Lol, ANet is avoiding the player loss that comes with P2W games. Of course people would buy that stuff, and people that actually want to play games, and disagree with P2W, would find something else. There is no P2W game in existence that doesn't have problems keeping players, because no one wants to play wallet wars. What is the point of even playing a game if you can literally buy everything you could possibly want?

> >

> > i dont understand how buying a cosmetic is pay to win?

> >

> >

>

> Considering both the mount and legendaries are more than just cosmetics, it would be P2W.

so buying gen 1 legendaries is not pay to win but buying gen 2 is?

Mmm... To be honest I really dont understand that logic nor do I want too, rather stay out of that rabit hole.

my opinion still stands, if they were up for sale, Id buy a few.

this is the new guild wars 2 were you do the collections within collections that contain sub collections with jumping puzzles and map currency grind thrown in for good measure.

finish that and then and only then you will have the privilege of buying skins for it.

sound fun?

> @"Game of Bones.8975" said:

> The option would have had to be there from the beginning.

> If they ever do something like that I would hope those people who take the long route would get something extra for their mounts. Maybe a unique skin, attack mode, or speed boost.

How about the chance to get a legendary trinket?

And those who have bought it can't get the trinket!

Seems ok to me.

> > @"Ototo.3214" said:

> > > > > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > > > > > @"Klowdy.3126" said:

> > > > > > > @"Altion.9576" said:

> > > > > > > I find the collection to get this mount stupid and a chore, not only it requires a stupid amount of time, but you also need to spend gold AND a kitten of materials to get it? It feels like im trying to get a kitten legendary!! Hell no.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > What?!?! You'd rather throw money at a problem than overcome it? Should they also put legendary gear in the BL shop?

> > > > >

> > > > > if they did, I would buy quite a few Gen2.

> > > > >

> > > > > Id rather work for one hour and buy something with that wage that would have otherwise cost me days in man power hours of grinding.

> > > > >

> > > > > Anet are missing out on a lot of money by not allowing them to be purchased but I guess they have made enough money from mount skins not too warrant selling them outright.

> > > >

> > > > Lol, ANet is avoiding the player loss that comes with P2W games. Of course people would buy that stuff, and people that actually want to play games, and disagree with P2W, would find something else. There is no P2W game in existence that doesn't have problems keeping players, because no one wants to play wallet wars. What is the point of even playing a game if you can literally buy everything you could possibly want?

> > >

> > > i dont understand how buying a cosmetic is pay to win?

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Considering both the mount and legendaries are more than just cosmetics, it would be P2W.

>

> so buying gen 1 legendaries is not pay to win but buying gen 2 is?

>

> Mmm... To be honest I really dont understand that logic nor do I want too, rather stay out of that rabit hole.

>

> my opinion still stands, if they were up for sale, Id buy a few.

I was referring to the armor, and not weapons, I should have been clearer on that.

> @"Klowdy.3126" said:

> > > @"Ototo.3214" said:

> > > > > > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > > > > > > @"Klowdy.3126" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Altion.9576" said:

> > > > > > > > I find the collection to get this mount stupid and a chore, not only it requires a stupid amount of time, but you also need to spend gold AND a kitten of materials to get it? It feels like im trying to get a kitten legendary!! Hell no.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > What?!?! You'd rather throw money at a problem than overcome it? Should they also put legendary gear in the BL shop?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > if they did, I would buy quite a few Gen2.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Id rather work for one hour and buy something with that wage that would have otherwise cost me days in man power hours of grinding.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Anet are missing out on a lot of money by not allowing them to be purchased but I guess they have made enough money from mount skins not too warrant selling them outright.

> > > > >

> > > > > Lol, ANet is avoiding the player loss that comes with P2W games. Of course people would buy that stuff, and people that actually want to play games, and disagree with P2W, would find something else. There is no P2W game in existence that doesn't have problems keeping players, because no one wants to play wallet wars. What is the point of even playing a game if you can literally buy everything you could possibly want?

> > > >

> > > > i dont understand how buying a cosmetic is pay to win?

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > Considering both the mount and legendaries are more than just cosmetics, it would be P2W.

> >

> > so buying gen 1 legendaries is not pay to win but buying gen 2 is?

> >

> > Mmm... To be honest I really dont understand that logic nor do I want too, rather stay out of that rabit hole.

> >

> > my opinion still stands, if they were up for sale, Id buy a few.

>

> I was referring to the armor, and not weapons, I should have been clearer

I had no idea leggie armor gave higher stats than ascended but fair enough. I would never buy that anyway.

This whole time Ive been referring to Gen2 legs like the Axe and Staff, I would credit card those 2 on the first day of availability.

Im not your average gamer, I dont play games to grind because thats what I have a job for. I play games to relax and maybe look good in doing so.

> @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > @"Mewcifer.5198" said:

> > Playing the game to actually get the things used in the game?! Unheard of!

>

> Paying a company for access to their product?! Unheard of!

You already paid for access to the game. This is asking to not pay to not play the game.

> > @"Ototo.3214" said:

> > > > > > > I find the collection to get this mount stupid and a chore, not only it requires a stupid amount of time, but you also need to spend gold AND a kitten of materials to get it? It feels like im trying to get a kitten legendary!! Hell no.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > What?!?! You'd rather throw money at a problem than overcome it? Should they also put legendary gear in the BL shop?

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Id rather work for one hour and buy something with that wage that would have otherwise cost me days in man power hours of grinding.

> > > > >

> > > > > Anet are missing out on a lot of money by not allowing them to be purchased but I guess they have made enough money from mount skins not too warrant selling them outright.

> > > >

> > > > Lol, ANet is avoiding the player loss that comes with P2W games. Of course people would buy that stuff, and people that actually want to play games, and disagree with P2W, would find something else. There is no P2W game in existence that doesn't have problems keeping players, because no one wants to play wallet wars. What is the point of even playing a game if you can literally buy everything you could possibly want?

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Considering both the mount and legendaries are more than just cosmetics, it would be P2W.

>

> so buying gen 1 legendaries is not pay to win but buying gen 2 is?

>

> Mmm... To be honest I really dont understand that logic nor do I want too, rather stay out of that rabit hole.

>

> my opinion still stands, if they were up for sale, Id buy a few.

I mean, I'm also of the opinion G1 legs shouldn't be tradable was well, but Anet can't really just...retract that from being a thing. If the G2 legs were just slapped in the gem store they'd lose most of their worth imo. They're suppose to show that you put effort into playing the game to get them, not that you can throw $$$ at it and just have it. I'll go out on a limb and say Anet seems to think the same way considering every other leg since the G1s are account bound and you have to make it yourself.

All of these threads come down to, "Oh no, they want me to actually "play" the game." There is no work involved, if a game involved work I would not play that game. The "work and effort" of pressing the keys on my keyboard does not seem to be that taxing for me, perhaps it is for others.

> @"Ototo.3214" said:

> > > @"Ototo.3214" said:

> > > > > > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > > > > > > @"Klowdy.3126" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Altion.9576" said:

> > > > > > > > I find the collection to get this mount stupid and a chore, not only it requires a stupid amount of time, but you also need to spend gold AND a kitten of materials to get it? It feels like im trying to get a kitten legendary!! Hell no.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > What?!?! You'd rather throw money at a problem than overcome it? Should they also put legendary gear in the BL shop?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > if they did, I would buy quite a few Gen2.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Id rather work for one hour and buy something with that wage that would have otherwise cost me days in man power hours of grinding.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Anet are missing out on a lot of money by not allowing them to be purchased but I guess they have made enough money from mount skins not too warrant selling them outright.

> > > > >

> > > > > Lol, ANet is avoiding the player loss that comes with P2W games. Of course people would buy that stuff, and people that actually want to play games, and disagree with P2W, would find something else. There is no P2W game in existence that doesn't have problems keeping players, because no one wants to play wallet wars. What is the point of even playing a game if you can literally buy everything you could possibly want?

> > > >

> > > > i dont understand how buying a cosmetic is pay to win?

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > Considering both the mount and legendaries are more than just cosmetics, it would be P2W.

> >

> > so buying gen 1 legendaries is not pay to win but buying gen 2 is?

> >

> > Mmm... To be honest I really dont understand that logic nor do I want too, rather stay out of that rabit hole.

> >

> > my opinion still stands, if they were up for sale, Id buy a few.

>

> I mean, I'm also of the opinion G1 legs shouldn't be tradable was well, but Anet can't really just...retract that from being a thing. If the G2 legs were just slapped in the gem store they'd lose most of their worth imo. They're suppose to show that you put effort into playing the game to get them, not that you can throw $$$ at it and just have it. I'll go out on a limb and say Anet seems to think the same way considering every other leg since the G1s are account bound and you have to make it yourself.

While i disagree with leggies being tradeable, most Gen2 leggies' components can be bought (mystic coins, amalgamated stones, mithril and elder wood). Only thing you need to do is the 4 Hot map completion, for the gift of maguuma, if memory serves...

> @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > @"Ototo.3214" said:

> > > > @"Ototo.3214" said:

> > > > > > > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Klowdy.3126" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Altion.9576" said:

> > > > > > > > > I find the collection to get this mount stupid and a chore, not only it requires a stupid amount of time, but you also need to spend gold AND a kitten of materials to get it? It feels like im trying to get a kitten legendary!! Hell no.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > What?!?! You'd rather throw money at a problem than overcome it? Should they also put legendary gear in the BL shop?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > if they did, I would buy quite a few Gen2.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Id rather work for one hour and buy something with that wage that would have otherwise cost me days in man power hours of grinding.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Anet are missing out on a lot of money by not allowing them to be purchased but I guess they have made enough money from mount skins not too warrant selling them outright.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Lol, ANet is avoiding the player loss that comes with P2W games. Of course people would buy that stuff, and people that actually want to play games, and disagree with P2W, would find something else. There is no P2W game in existence that doesn't have problems keeping players, because no one wants to play wallet wars. What is the point of even playing a game if you can literally buy everything you could possibly want?

> > > > >

> > > > > i dont understand how buying a cosmetic is pay to win?

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Considering both the mount and legendaries are more than just cosmetics, it would be P2W.

> > >

> > > so buying gen 1 legendaries is not pay to win but buying gen 2 is?

> > >

> > > Mmm... To be honest I really dont understand that logic nor do I want too, rather stay out of that rabit hole.

> > >

> > > my opinion still stands, if they were up for sale, Id buy a few.

> >

> > I mean, I'm also of the opinion G1 legs shouldn't be tradable was well, but Anet can't really just...retract that from being a thing. If the G2 legs were just slapped in the gem store they'd lose most of their worth imo. They're suppose to show that you put effort into playing the game to get them, not that you can throw $$$ at it and just have it. I'll go out on a limb and say Anet seems to think the same way considering every other leg since the G1s are account bound and you have to make it yourself.

>

> While i disagree with leggies being tradeable, most Gen2 leggies' components can be bought (mystic coins, amalgamated stones, mithril and elder wood). Only thing you need to do is the 4 Hot map completion, for the gift of maguuma, if memory serves...

You also need quite a bit of each map currency, gift of battle, obsidian shards, etc.

> @"Ototo.3214" said:

> > > > > > @"Altion.9576" said:

> > > > > > I find the collection to get this mount stupid and a chore, not only it requires a stupid amount of time, but you also need to spend gold AND a kitten of materials to get it? It feels like im trying to get a kitten legendary!! Hell no.

> > > > >

> > > > > What?!?! You'd rather throw money at a problem than overcome it? Should they also put legendary gear in the BL shop?

> > > >

> > > > if they did, I would buy quite a few Gen2.

> > > >

> > > > Id rather work for one hour and buy something with that wage that would have otherwise cost me days in man power hours of grinding.

> > > >

> > > > Anet are missing out on a lot of money by not allowing them to be purchased but I guess they have made enough money from mount skins not too warrant selling them outright.

> > >

> > > Lol, ANet is avoiding the player loss that comes with P2W games. Of course people would buy that stuff, and people that actually want to play games, and disagree with P2W, would find something else. There is no P2W game in existence that doesn't have problems keeping players, because no one wants to play wallet wars. What is the point of even playing a game if you can literally buy everything you could possibly want?

> >

> > i dont understand how buying a cosmetic is pay to win?

> >

> >

>

> Considering both the mount and legendaries are more than just cosmetics, it would be P2W.

What and where do you win on skyscale, swinging legendary. I want to win too!!! I have both,plus pvp leg armor, wings and aurora.

Teach me your ways.

> @"phs.6089" said:

> > @"Ototo.3214" said:

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

>

> What and where do you win on skyscale, swinging legendary. I want to win too!!! I have both,plus pvp leg armor, wings and aurora.

> Teach me your ways.

Considering skyscale has some uses that are superior to the other mounts, it provides an advantage in that area. Legendary items allow for stat swapping and free upgrade swapping, which allows people to have 1 set that can be many types of builds without the need for obtaining more gear and swapping it around for different builds. Very helpful for things like raids where some classes have many different useful builds.

Those are more than just cosmetics and I'm of the opinion they should be worked toward in game, not just simply bought with $$$.

I think most players that complain because the amount of 'farming' required is not made clear at the start of the acquisition process. I for one would not have started going for the mount, But if i stop now my time(pre nerf time-gated) will have been wasted. That's the frustrating part.

I dislike the extremely grindy implementation for this mount and I'm not going to bother with it.

That said, my stance on the OP is the same as with similar threads related to the griffon collection. Things like that should **never** be available for sale on the gem store. It would open the door for Anet to keep increasing the grind for everything and then proceed to offer a "totally innocent" skip option on the gem store. Why wouldn't they if it makes them money, it's a common practice in the industry after all.

I choose to **not** shoot my own foot, even if it means I have to skip some optional in-game offerings that are obviously not aimed towards my playstyle.

> > @"Klowdy.3126" said:

> > > > @"Ototo.3214" said:

> > > > > > > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Klowdy.3126" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Altion.9576" said:

> > > > > > > > > I find the collection to get this mount stupid and a chore, not only it requires a stupid amount of time, but you also need to spend gold AND a kitten of materials to get it? It feels like im trying to get a kitten legendary!! Hell no.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > What?!?! You'd rather throw money at a problem than overcome it? Should they also put legendary gear in the BL shop?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > if they did, I would buy quite a few Gen2.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Id rather work for one hour and buy something with that wage that would have otherwise cost me days in man power hours of grinding.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Anet are missing out on a lot of money by not allowing them to be purchased but I guess they have made enough money from mount skins not too warrant selling them outright.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Lol, ANet is avoiding the player loss that comes with P2W games. Of course people would buy that stuff, and people that actually want to play games, and disagree with P2W, would find something else. There is no P2W game in existence that doesn't have problems keeping players, because no one wants to play wallet wars. What is the point of even playing a game if you can literally buy everything you could possibly want?

> > > > >

> > > > > i dont understand how buying a cosmetic is pay to win?

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Considering both the mount and legendaries are more than just cosmetics, it would be P2W.

> > >

> > > so buying gen 1 legendaries is not pay to win but buying gen 2 is?

> > >

> > > Mmm... To be honest I really dont understand that logic nor do I want too, rather stay out of that rabit hole.

> > >

> > > my opinion still stands, if they were up for sale, Id buy a few.

> >

> > I was referring to the armor, and not weapons, I should have been clearer

>

> I had no idea leggie armor gave higher stats than ascended but fair enough. I would never buy that anyway.

>

> This whole time Ive been referring to Gen2 legs like the Axe and Staff, I would credit card those 2 on the first day of availability.

>

> Im not your average gamer, I dont play games to grind because thats what I have a job for. I play games to relax and maybe look good in doing so.

They dont have higher stats, obviously. No need for the snide remarks. Even if you payed your way into ascended gear, you are forced to actually do some playing in order to craft them, unlike buying legendary gear outright. There is absolutely no way to get ascended gear without some amount of playing the game.

If you have ascended gear, you've done grinding. I'm not sure why you felt it relevant to add that in. MMOs, and single player RPGs all make you work for the best items. In P2W games, the gear bought isn't better than you can get ingame. This would be absolutely no different. Hit max level, use the card, have the best of everything.

Honestly, this discussion is moot. The gear will never be sold in the BLM, and you CAN go buy all the legendaries you want ("illegally") from a third party site.

> @"Altion.9576" said:

> I find the collection to get this mount stupid and a chore, not only it requires a stupid amount of time, but you also need to spend gold AND a kitten of materials to get it? It feels like im trying to get a kitten legendary!! Hell no.

If you are not enjoying the collection then don't work on it. You are choosing how you spend your game time.

To any players that have not played the story (S4E6) thru they will give you a mount when needed. Can't promise that in the future but for now that is the case.

> @"Pirindolo.9427" said:

> > ID rather buy the skyscale than wasting so much time and materials on getting that mount

>

> Well, it's your point of view. For many other players, myself included, the fun is not the reward, but the way to get it.

Sure, but is he suggesting that YOU should have to buy the mount rather than pursue collections, etc?

Or is he suggesting an option for himself, and presumably others who share his preference, to acquire the mount via an alternative method?