Which mount is the best and how would you rank them all?

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Griffon

Raptor

Skyscale

Springer

Rollerbeetle

Skimmer

Jackal

Warclaw

Rollerbeetle could have ended up higher if they would let us mount it with already half a bar of endurance filled (or even better, a full bar). I never understood why they are so scroungy with that part: the beetle has enough other drawbacks to not make it overpowered if we can at least start with a sprint.

1) Steering is tough due to the delayed reaction + speed;

2) It slows down humongously when going uphill;

3) It can not cross any chasms, exept tiny ones.

Griffon-> Jackal -> Skimmer -> roller beetle-> bunny -> skyscale-> jackal -> warclaw.

I dont play wvw that much so warclaw is kinda useless for me :p. Jackal and Griffon feel like they are the best to control. The roller beetle and bunny are usefull but way harder to control. I only use the jackal for portals. The skyscale is way too much effort, when it is like a less cool version of the griffon.

> @"Adrianna.3092" said:

> how do you get motion sickness from a video game? your not even actually moving or anything...

It’s happens to the weak! Joking aside it is a serious problem for a lot of people, not only in games but also movies.

I put raptor,springer, skimmer as I don’t have beetle or griffin yet /cry

The skyscale is the best because it's a dragon and I am incapable of being objective when a dragon is one of the options.

Other than that it's hard to say. The griffon is the mount I use most (I don't have the skyscale yet) but the springer is the one I miss most when I'm playing other games. I think the jackal has the coolest lore behind it, and the skimmer is the one I find most original. The raptor is probably the least exciting functionally since it's basically the standard speed boost mount, but I love that it's a raptor - something that would be a premium skin or rare drop in most games. The roller beetle is probably the one I use least because I find it hard to control, but in the right situation when I don't mess it up it's so much fun. And it seems unfair to compare the warclaw to the others because it's far more important that it's balanced and not too much of an advantage, so in a way not being crazy-amazing is it's strength.

But in terms of how much I use them, and enjoy using them, I think it would go:

1) Griffon

2) Jackal

3) Springer

4) Skimmer

5) Raptor

6) Warclaw

7) Roller Beetle

I'm expecting the skyscale to take the top spot once I unlock it.

> @"Adrianna.3092" said:

> how do you get motion sickness from a video game? your not even actually moving or anything...

That's part of what causes motion sickness. Your body combines information from different senses to work out what's going on. If your eyes say you're moving and your ears (yes you use your ears to sense position and motion) and limbs say you're sitting still your brain starts saying "Woah, something's not right here! Stop it!" and that comes across as feeling sick, which is supposed to discourage you from continuing whatever you're doing.

I think it affects different people in different ways. I haven't had a problem with GW2 mounts, but I have sometimes felt nauseous from low framerates, unusual field-of-view settings, or watching videos of shaky-cam play styles in various games. There are a few graphics settings in GW2 that try to mitigate the issue, but I guess they can only do so much for some of us.

Regarding the topic, I think my ordering would be griffon, jackal, raptor, skyscale, springer, skimmer, roller beetle, warclaw.

Jackal > Skyscale > Griffon > Skimmer > Springer > Raptor > Roller Beetle > Warclaw

I never use the three last ones. Skimmer, well when I have to bypass swimming.

Griffon to bypass cliffsides and pits.

Skyscale when needing to bypass anything.

Jackal because it's a pleasure, fast, efficient, no aggro and can look at the landscapes.

"None" or "All" weren't options.

I like all the mounts. I think it's amazing that ANet has found a way to introduce each to cover particular niches. I love the tranquility of hovering over the water (or sulfur); it is (as the NPC says) very peaceful. Gone in 60 seconds with Roller Beetle at full throttle is amazingly fun, even if I remain horrible about aiming. The springer is just ridiculous, in both senses of the word: it looks & acts crazy and it's also super fun (and often useful) at getting around certain types of environments (although I fear the Skyscale might outclass it).

> @"Adrianna.3092" said:

That's actually why. The screen looks as if it's moving, and your ears say you're not. Motion sickness is (in general) caused by a mismatch between what the eyes are saying about the movement of the world and what the other senses (notably balance but always in combination with e.g. the proprioceptive and kinaesthetic senses(1) that tell us where the various bits of our bodies are).

The eyes are (by the movement of the screen) saying that the world is moving, and the ears (because you're just sitting(2)) are saying that it is not. That disagreement can, for some people, cause motion sickness.

(1) Driven by a combination of sensations about muscle loads and joint angles, and requiring about a quarter of your brain mass to process into an overall impression. It's what allows you to close your eyes and touch your left and right index fingertips together without (a) looking and (b) fumbling.

(2) "Sometimes I sits and thinks, and sometimes I just sits."

skyscale is basically griffon + springer so i rarely if ever use those (unless i need to dive with griffon)

beetle, a well controlled beetle is the fastest and most manouvarable mount in the game. it gives jackals and raptors a run for their money

with those 2, you can pretty much do 99%, unless for the odd jackal sand portal that can't be bypassed

1. Jackal (fastest mount on uneven terrain, can completely avoid fall damage, quick endurance regen)

2. Springer (extremely useful to climb on stuff)

3. Skimmer (useful to avoid water and more, no fall damage)

4. Beetle (useful to explore a map on land extremely quickly)

5. Griffon (has decent jumps and can cross gaps, good to explore some maps quickly)

6. Raptor (clunkier to control than Jackal, bad at uneven terrain, gets fall damage)

7. Skyscale (clunky, awkward to use)

8. Warclaw (gets outclassed by everything else in PvE)

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> "None" or "All" weren't options.

>

> I like all the mounts. I think it's amazing that ANet has found a way to introduce each to cover particular niches. I love the tranquility of hovering over the water (or sulfur); it is (as the NPC says) very peaceful. Gone in 60 seconds with Roller Beetle at full throttle is amazingly fun, even if I remain horrible about aiming. The springer is just ridiculous, in both senses of the word: it looks & acts crazy and it's also super fun (and often useful) at getting around certain types of environments (although I fear the Skyscale might outclass it).

I love the way the springer does a little 'laugh' when it lands, like it's amused at the idea of anyone thinking that gigantic cliff was a barrier.

Similarly I like the way the griffon wags it's tail after a wing flap like it's pleased with itself.

**Skyscale**

**Roller Beetle** (dorifto!)

**Griffon** (ty old pal, t'was a good run)

**Skimmer** (not completely sure yet but looks like Skyscale replaced it, can harvest volatile magic on water with Skyscale too and it's actually challenging and more fun that way)

**Jackal** (better than raptor because has no problem with little bumps and can do 90/180 snap)

**Raptor** (got really annoying making those noises while tripping on every little bump)

**Springer** (worst of all, WAS only useful for jumps where griffon coudn't jump on)

Jackal was love from the first sight.

Jackal is just really cool, I love falling down the cliff on him and 1 cm away from the ground using V/Space or Shift.

It's the best mount to go from lower to higher grounds, and I love its engaging skill.

Jackal

Skyscale

Griffon

Roller Beetle

Raptor

Springer

Skimmer/Warclaw (I like it on wvw)