Future story?

I see the possibility to scale back down a bit now; Bubbles/S is still unknown, Jormag and Primordus are snoozing.

None of them are permanently "solved", but we could now "have a breather" dealing with preparing further vessels like Aurene to counteract the instability caused.

This could easily involve conflict within/between the races, a charr civil war could be really cool!

Well we already know we can't kill any more dragons, so if they are appearing as antagonists there's going to have to be a different resolution to it. Other than that I expect there will be a continuation of what we've already seen with Anet introducing enemies like Balthazar and Joko alongside the dragons.

Either with a 3-way fight where we're trying to stop someone else killing the dragon, trying to 'control' the dragon in some way so they don't kill us all and trying to stop both killing us, like we did with Balthazar, or dealing with one after the other like with Joko but hopefully over a longer time scale - so an entire season (or more) where we focus on something other than dragons, with them as a 'background' threat, before one takes centre stage again.

Rekindling of the Human-Charr wars as part of some evil God plot to play the two sides against each other so they both can be conquered.

With us trying to restore peace and balance.

**Hahaha!** Who am I kidding??? I would definitely sign up for whichever side was paying better.

And that really should be an option in the story. I liked having the choices.

There was too much of Aurene to let her fall into oblivion. I think she will come back and ask for our help in solving some disturbance ( or whatever ) that is threatening the stability of Tyria/universe/underworld/mist.

Some more ideas: :p

>! Maybe Caudecus had a vengeful brother/sister?

>!

>! Maybe Queen Jenna will go on some crazy PMS rampage and destroy Divinity Reach?

>!

>! Maybe it will be a Charr civil war over all of them becoming vegans? (the sylvaries wont like that one)

> @"Tanner Blackfeather.6509" said:

> Jormag and Primordus are snoozing.

> None of them are permanently "solved",

>

>

Wait what? We didnt beat Jormag? I remember we did...or was it one of his minions?...

This is great news then! We might see Primordus and Jormag at the same time fighting each other because they are the weakness of the other.

> @"wefal.8426" said:

> > @"Tanner Blackfeather.6509" said:

> > Jormag and Primordus are snoozing.

> > None of them are permanently "solved",

> >

> >

>

> Wait what? We didnt beat Jormag? I remember we did...or was it one of his minions?...

>

> This is great news then! We might see Primordus and Jormag at the same time fighting each other because they are the weakness of the other.

you can fight the claw of jormag in the game.. which is just a luitenant.. like the shatterer for kralk..

jormag is still asleep and hasn't fully awakened yet.

Just a small reminder that due to the destruction in the mists, many spirits of the dead now walk Tyria once more. Stop and think about all the enemies we've killed. Now realize that some of them, maybe even ALL of them, can come back.

Caudecus. Zhaitan. Scarlet....

> @"Palador.2170" said:

> Just a small reminder that due to the destruction in the mists, many spirits of the dead now walk Tyria once more. Stop and think about all the enemies we've killed. Now realize that some of them, maybe even ALL of them, can come back.

>

> Caudecus. Zhaitan. Scarlet....

Kralkatorrik ate alot of them, including, as far as we know, the entirety of the Domain of the Lost and parts of the Underworld. The Primeval army and the Mistwardens were protected by Glint, which is why it was "Glint's army".

Ghosts are just magic and magic can be consumed (Ascalon Catacombs, Domain of the Lost, and Joko all had ghost eaters).

> @"wefal.8426" said:

> What do you think will be next after we deal with Primordus and Mr S?

> Seems like the dragons are the main "antagonists" of the game. How can Anet develop the game further without it feeling anticlimatix? Going into space?

We're still a few years off from finishing the last three Elder Dragons, I'd imagine. Anet devs already pretty much stated outright the next plot won't be world threatening, so S5 likely won't be ED related. Even if the following plot (be it expansion or season) deals with all three (very unlikely to be done for one plot), we're still looking at least 2 years ahead to deal with all three. We also got told shortly after PoF that we're not done with the gods' plot, so we're looking at likely 3 major plots (S; gods; P&J - assuming only one god plot left, and we deal with P & J together), which likely means _three_ years minimum. Even more, really, since we're bound to have anywhere between a half season and a full season dealing with lesser things.

Even then, there's [a **lot** of the world unexplored,](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/File:Tyria_world_fan_map.jpg) and dealing with a threat that isn't a cosmic being won't be anticlimactic. Joko being a good example of a non-cosmic threat that can pose a true challenge to the Commander. Honestly, it's a massive shame they didn't give him a full season, and even felt 3 was too much, since he was a well written villain, a fan-favorite from GW1, and he is - to date - one of the two only villains who had completely defeated the Commander (the other being Balthazar).

Let that sink in for a moment: Palawa Joko managed to do what even Elder Dragons could not. If it weren't for Aurene's comedic gag-shock leap from literally nowhere, Joko actually would have killed the Commander after his monologue. No Elder Dragon managed that.

So I cannot stress enough: A villain does not have to be a cosmic, world-ending threat to be climactic. Tyrants, sorcerers, and Machiavelli foes can be just as fascinating of a plot than Elder Dragons.

Sadly, given how Caudecus, Kudu, Gaheron, Faolain, Cadeyrn, Joko, and Lazarus were all treated as sideshows or less, it seems ArenaNet has no interest in taking the time to showcase such villains.

> @"Adrianna.3092" said:

> > @"wefal.8426" said:

> > Wait what? We didnt beat Jormag? I remember we did...or was it one of his minions?...

> >

> > This is great news then! We might see Primordus and Jormag at the same time fighting each other because they are the weakness of the other.

>

> you can fight the claw of jormag in the game.. which is just a luitenant.. like the shatterer for kralk..

>

> jormag is still asleep and hasn't fully awakened yet.

Jormag woke up 200 years before the game. He was fully awake and is why the norn aren't in the Far Shiverpeaks anymore. But in Season 3, Balthazar injured Jormag and Primordus by exposing both of them to the others' magic while absorbing a portion of it via Taimi's Machine. The injuries and draining of magic put them both into a comatose state.

> @"Palador.2170" said:

> Just a small reminder that due to the destruction in the mists, many spirits of the dead now walk Tyria once more. Stop and think about all the enemies we've killed. Now realize that some of them, maybe even ALL of them, can come back.

>

> Caudecus. Zhaitan. Scarlet....

The ghosts that came back from the Mists due to Kralkatorrik's rampages were stuck in the place of their deaths. They're unlikely to be able to do any serious damage. The only exception were those sent by Glint, and their ability to stay in Tyria was limited.

Though since Gaheron died in the place of his power, he could become a threat again. He was never a truly explored villain, so this would give them a chance to make him interesting. Other non-ED didn't die in their strongholds (or their strongholds became held by allied forces) so they wouldn't be able to manipulate much if anything.

It'd be curious if an Elder Dragon has a soul though. Their minions technically do not (sylvari and Glint being known exceptions).

But since Kralkatorrik's gone now, the Mists will no doubt recover on their own - or with the assistance of the gods' avatars like Desmina and The Judge. So they'll likely end up forced back to their resting place.

> @"mindcircus.1506" said:

> > @"Katastroff.1045" said:

> > >! Maybe Queen Jenna will go on some crazy PMS rampage and destroy Divinity Reach?

>

> This part of your post is immature and sexist.

>

>

And how is it sexist? Didn't Scarlet do the very same thing in LA?

[https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Premenstrual_syndrome](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Premenstrual_syndrome "https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Premenstrual_syndrome")

> Premenstrual syndrome (PMS) refers to physical and emotional symptoms that occur in the one to two weeks before a woman's period.[1] Symptoms often vary between women and resolve around the start of bleeding.[1] Common symptoms include acne, tender breasts, bloating, feeling tired, **_irritability, and mood changes_**

Trouble arises with new enemy. Suffer-no-consequences Commander charges in to stop it. Something bad seems to happen. Commanders team exchanges needless banter in attempt to lighten mood. Turns out bad thing didn't actually happen. Commander defeats new enemy, team exchanges banter about saving the world yet again and all is well.

No more Dragons for now, Sea Dragon is the only one active but he's not made so much as a ripple in Tyria since Gw2 came out so he could be on the other side of the planet for all we know.

My best guess going froward is that the Story is going to take a break from Elder Dragons again and focus on a different issue and antagonist.

Kralkatorrik did a lot of damage in the mists before he died so there's a good chance we'll be dealing with that fallout in Living world 5, which could potentially set up Menzies as our next antagonist or a completely new enemy.

We know Season 5 wont be brining new maps with every release like Season 3 and 4 did so if they're reduced to say 3 new maps total for the whole season and the focus is the damage in the mists then it's possible those 3 potential new maps in Season 5 will be the Underworld, Fissure of Woe and whatever the eventual name of Melandru's realm will be.

That would certainly make for an interesting change in both how a living world has progressed and in how Anet has designed maps as both the Underworld and Fissure of Woe could likely be very different types of maps compared to what we're used to in Gw2, Could be similar to the hard elite dungeon content we had in Gw1 but their maps also utalized for story instances.

I dunno, pure specualtion but it would certainly be interesting.

> @"Teratus.2859" said:

> No more Dragons for now, Sea Dragon is the only one active but he's not made so much as a ripple in Tyria since Gw2 came out so he could be on the other side of the planet for all we know.

>

> My best guess going froward is that the Story is going to take a break from Elder Dragons again and focus on a different issue and antagonist.

> Kralkatorrik did a lot of damage in the mists before he died so there's a good chance we'll be dealing with that fallout in Living world 5, which could potentially set up Menzies as our next antagonist or a completely new enemy.

>

> We know Season 5 wont be brining new maps with every release like Season 3 and 4 did so if they're reduced to say 3 new maps total for the whole season and the focus is the damage in the mists then it's possible those 3 potential new maps in Season 5 will be the Underworld, Fissure of Woe and whatever the eventual name of Melandru's realm will be.

> That would certainly make for an interesting change in both how a living world has progressed and in how Anet has designed maps as both the Underworld and Fissure of Woe could likely be very different types of maps compared to what we're used to in Gw2, Could be similar to the hard elite dungeon content we had in Gw1 but their maps also utalized for story instances.

> I dunno, pure specualtion but it would certainly be interesting.

>

the sea dragon is near cantha in what used to be the jade sea (it is no longer jade since shiro's curse ended) and that is why it has not caused any problems for us as its nowhere near us.

> @"Adrianna.3092" said:

> > @"Teratus.2859" said:

> > No more Dragons for now, Sea Dragon is the only one active but he's not made so much as a ripple in Tyria since Gw2 came out so he could be on the other side of the planet for all we know.

> >

> > My best guess going froward is that the Story is going to take a break from Elder Dragons again and focus on a different issue and antagonist.

> > Kralkatorrik did a lot of damage in the mists before he died so there's a good chance we'll be dealing with that fallout in Living world 5, which could potentially set up Menzies as our next antagonist or a completely new enemy.

> >

> > We know Season 5 wont be brining new maps with every release like Season 3 and 4 did so if they're reduced to say 3 new maps total for the whole season and the focus is the damage in the mists then it's possible those 3 potential new maps in Season 5 will be the Underworld, Fissure of Woe and whatever the eventual name of Melandru's realm will be.

> > That would certainly make for an interesting change in both how a living world has progressed and in how Anet has designed maps as both the Underworld and Fissure of Woe could likely be very different types of maps compared to what we're used to in Gw2, Could be similar to the hard elite dungeon content we had in Gw1 but their maps also utalized for story instances.

> > I dunno, pure specualtion but it would certainly be interesting.

> >

>

> the sea dragon is near cantha in what used to be the jade sea (it is no longer jade since shiro's curse ended) and that is why it has not caused any problems for us as its nowhere near us.

Feels like it doesn't really track, as krait and largos were driven out of the deep open ocean by the minions of the *Deep Sea* Dragon. A big lieutenant, though!

> @"Adrianna.3092" said:

> > @"Teratus.2859" said:

> > No more Dragons for now, Sea Dragon is the only one active but he's not made so much as a ripple in Tyria since Gw2 came out so he could be on the other side of the planet for all we know.

> >

> > My best guess going froward is that the Story is going to take a break from Elder Dragons again and focus on a different issue and antagonist.

> > Kralkatorrik did a lot of damage in the mists before he died so there's a good chance we'll be dealing with that fallout in Living world 5, which could potentially set up Menzies as our next antagonist or a completely new enemy.

> >

> > We know Season 5 wont be brining new maps with every release like Season 3 and 4 did so if they're reduced to say 3 new maps total for the whole season and the focus is the damage in the mists then it's possible those 3 potential new maps in Season 5 will be the Underworld, Fissure of Woe and whatever the eventual name of Melandru's realm will be.

> > That would certainly make for an interesting change in both how a living world has progressed and in how Anet has designed maps as both the Underworld and Fissure of Woe could likely be very different types of maps compared to what we're used to in Gw2, Could be similar to the hard elite dungeon content we had in Gw1 but their maps also utalized for story instances.

> > I dunno, pure specualtion but it would certainly be interesting.

> >

>

> the sea dragon is near cantha in what used to be the jade sea (it is no longer jade since shiro's curse ended) and that is why it has not caused any problems for us as its nowhere near us.

Nobody knows where it is currently, but i've long sugested the Jade Sea would be the best location it could be lured to and killed as well.

It's funny you mention space. I would like to see us go the the human gods' home world. They could even think of a way to have one of the dragon relocated there by the player, in order to imprison it without killing it. I don't know how that would affect Tyria, though. The dragon would still be alive, but it wouldn't be on Tyria, so it could cause the same problem we have if we killed it.

In any case, going to the human gods' home planet would be cool. The maps could be themed for each of the gods, or maybe a few gods per map, since there are so many, giving Grenth his own map for sure.