When can we expect Season 5?

Since the other seasons had an expansion between the, (besides 1 and 2) there really isn't much of a precedent for this in that sense.

Im going to say it could possibly turn out to be longer. Definitely wont expect anything what so ever untill after the anniversary in august. So september at the earliest. Thats my thought anyway. No one really knows at this point, so all guesswork.

Season 5 could be anything, so it's impossible to say, plus the scheduling throughout the season will likely be abnormal due to what they had planned prior to the layoffs vs after. That said, if this was season 4 episode 7, it would be released by the end of July.

> @"Zeefa.3915" said:

> Since the other seasons had an expansion between the, (besides 1 and 2) there really isn't much of a precedent for this in that sense.

> Im going to say it could possibly turn out to be longer. Definitely wont expect anything what so ever untill after the anniversary in august. So september at the earliest. Thats my thought anyway. No one really knows at this point, so all guesswork.

The precedent _is_ seasons 1 and 2. Seasons 1 and 2 told different storylines as well, albeit both building towards HoT.

I believe ArenaNet has suggested changing formats for Season 5, so they might be less "epic," but more frequent, or more epic and less frequent. One of their stated goals has been to deliver expansion-like content in LW, and many of the LW4 episodes were a testament to that.

> @"Hesacon.8735" said:

> > @"Zeefa.3915" said:

> > Since the other seasons had an expansion between the, (besides 1 and 2) there really isn't much of a precedent for this in that sense.

> > Im going to say it could possibly turn out to be longer. Definitely wont expect anything what so ever untill after the anniversary in august. So september at the earliest. Thats my thought anyway. No one really knows at this point, so all guesswork.

>

> The precedent _is_ seasons 1 and 2. Seasons 1 and 2 told different storylines as well, albeit both building towards HoT.

>

> I believe ArenaNet has suggested changing formats for Season 5, so they might be less "epic," but more frequent, or more epic and less frequent. One of their stated goals has been to deliver expansion-like content in LW, and many of the LW4 episodes were a testament to that.

You are right it is a precedent, but I said it was "not in that sense" since the model for how they do LS has changed since then. Either way I don't remember how long it was between season 1 and 2, and even then I'm not sure I would use it as an indicator at this point.

And I stand by my guess being after the anniversary. I am all for my guess being wrong, but it is my guess non the less.

I'd like to go to either Cantha or a whole new continent previously undiscovered.

That or after discovering the Elder dragons are more than just mindless magic munching monsters, re: Kralk dialogue with Aurene maybe we could have a go at making them our allies rather than killing them since we already know that we cannot destroy them all or it's the end of the world due to imbalance or something.

Well, after the post-HoT content dryspell, ANet announced they would be implementing a schedule for releases, which is their 3-month schedule. Circumstances sometimes delayed releases, but others were released much faster than 3 months after the previous release. When PoF released, that cadence didn't stop because we had LS4 chapter 1 only 2 months after the PoF expansion released, while the last chapter of LS3 was released 2 months before PoF came out.

ANet knows what effects a content dryspell has and they have given us no reason to believe they are going to abandon the (roughly) 3-month release cadence. In fact, ever since NCSoft ordered the mass layoff and renewed focus on GW2 as the main project (i.e. dropping the side projects) it's been clear that the dev team have been very active. They're also trying to fill up the space between releases with festivals (they even brought back the Festival of the Four Winds and the Queen's Gauntlet last year to fill up the big empty spot that is summer), the worldboss and meta rush (and presumably other "rush" weeks as well in the future; I've heard about a WvW rush coming soon).

The increased activity and plans of ANet towards GW2 ever since the mass layoff are hard to miss, and I've read others point out that this is very likely not a coincidence. In short, I don't think we have to worry about another content dryspell. Despite no official word I am not expecting LS5 to take a long time, because another thing the ANet team has improved after the layoffs is their communication towards the community about upcoming plans and releases. So I expect maybe a month outside their regular release cadence but not much more. I'm guessing somewhere around September, but I'm hoping August.

I think it will be a while until we get season 5; at least five months after the release of the last episode of season 4.

IMO, ArenaNet will make a big announcement about what season 5 will be - I don't expect it to be just like season 4. How it will be different (more, expansion-like features? Less? Using old maps instead of adding new ones?) I don't know, but I think it will be very different.

When S3 ended we got a trailer drop for the expansion soon after that was incorporated into the episode ending. I'm hoping we'd get a trailer soon, but considering its going into another season it might just be we won't see it until mere weeks before it drops.

Unless they want to hype us with its features ahead of time.