I Play LB Soulbeast in WvW cuz so many are crying around about it.

> @"steki.1478" said:

> > @"Substance E.4852" said:

>

> > People can face tank 4k damage. They can't face tank 4k damage ten times in one second.

> >

>

> How can people dodge rapid fire from 1800 range but they cant dodge a visible aoe field on the ground right in front of them?

>

>

In front of?

Might've stumbled onto your damage deficiency

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"LetoII.3782" said:

> > @"steki.1478" said:

> > > @"Substance E.4852" said:

> >

> > > People can face tank 4k damage. They can't face tank 4k damage ten times in one second.

> > >

> >

> > How can people dodge rapid fire from 1800 range but they cant dodge a visible aoe field on the ground right in front of them?

> >

> >

>

> In front of?

> Might've stumbled onto your damage deficiency

Right, forgot that soulbeast has twice the range so it doesnt even see the aoes if played on lowest settings.

> @"steki.1478" said:

>

> What's the point of reducing damage taken when combos still one shot you even with toughness and protection? That's where all these complaints come from, damage output is too high and needs nerfs.

The damage doesnt need to be nerfed. All the carry me spam boons and passive boons need to be removed from the game. Then players will have to learn to play.

> @"Nocturnal Lunacy.8563" said:

> > @"steki.1478" said:

>

> >

> > What's the point of reducing damage taken when combos still one shot you even with toughness and protection? That's where all these complaints come from, damage output is too high and needs nerfs.

>

> The damage doesnt need to be nerfed. All the carry me spam boons and passive boons need to be removed from the game. Then players will have to learn to play.

Well, damage comes mostly from those so it's the same thing. Almost instant 25 might (or perma in herald's case), all invuln/damage immunity/resistance procs, utilities that give 200+ power (or any other offensive stat in large amounts, no matter how long the buff lasts), boon snowball traits (get stunned once, proc 5 different traits one after another that give resistance, stability, protection, regen and stealth), passive sustain traits that tick for 500+ health in total with no healing power (whether they are passive like signets or a bit more active like adrenal health), purity of purpose trait (no icd on a class with almost permanent access to condi cleanses) should all be heavily nerfed in wvw (some are already nerfed in pvp).

Compensation? Add some effects on utilities or even weapon skills and improve healing power scaling on self sustain traits/skills.

They already cut condi down but increased duration. The higher ramp up time took most burst condi builds out of the game.

Cut power in half and reduce some cooldowns.

Cut healing base values in half, then increase contribution from healing power.

Bruiser builds will make their way back into the META. Full on power builds will be alot riskier, but still good for those who put in the time investment, rather than mashing invuln keys then spamming DPS.

I would like to share my experience on rangers, as I have played one a really good amount of time. Soulbeast is fine. It is really underpowered in some areas. Druid has becoma "meh" and core ranger is still what it is, an easy prey. What disturbs most of the people is the sic em build. Reworking sic em would solve most of the problem. Sic em definitely needs a good rework.

About full zerker rangers, the comments are not justified. I had the similar thoughts so I played soulbeast for 2 weeks. It is easy to play but hellishly hard to master. Like all zerker one shot builds, it has its shortcomings. There are many professions that can deal damage from range and instadown their opponents. There are even longer ranges and /or safer professions like thief or mesmer(chrono especially). Revenants combo can easily down aynone if they are not fast enough. You can easily dismount people with rev, dh or thief. There are several skills that can nullify projectiles or reflect them.

If you are having issues vs soulbeast, try roaming with it for 2 weeks. At first, you will feel like " damn this is easy". Then you will face a skilled opponent that will send your tushie to oblivion.

> @"SoV.5139" said:

> They already cut condi down but increased duration. The higher ramp up time took most burst condi builds out of the game.

>

> Cut power in half and reduce some cooldowns.

>

> Cut healing base values in half, then increase contribution from healing power.

>

> Bruiser builds will make their way back into the META. Full on power builds will be alot riskier, but still good for those who put in the time investment, rather than mashing invuln keys then spamming DPS.

Except balanced SB is better than glass SB, heck, Boonbeast is better than either. It is still bunker meta, Boonbeasts/Prot Holo/Bunker Mes/Weaver are gking, they just don't fit the dismounting meta which is why they aren't played, poeple only hate longbow ranger because of the dismounting which is just stupid as mounts are stupidly OP still.

> @"alain.1659" said:

> I would like to share my experience on rangers, as I have played one a really good amount of time. Soulbeast is fine. It is really underpowered in some areas. Druid has becoma "meh" and core ranger is still what it is, an easy prey. What disturbs most of the people is the sic em build. Reworking sic em would solve most of the problem. Sic em definitely needs a good rework.

>

> About full zerker rangers, the comments are not justified. I had the similar thoughts so I played soulbeast for 2 weeks. It is easy to play but hellishly hard to master. Like all zerker one shot builds, it has its shortcomings. There are many professions that can deal damage from range and instadown their opponents. There are even longer ranges and /or safer professions like thief or mesmer(chrono especially). Revenants combo can easily down aynone if they are not fast enough. You can easily dismount people with rev, dh or thief. There are several skills that can nullify projectiles or reflect them.

>

> If you are having issues vs soulbeast, try roaming with it for 2 weeks. At first, you will feel like " kitten this is easy". Then you will face a skilled opponent that will send your tushie to oblivion.

Read my response above, Sicc Em isn't even used in the best 1v1 build, it is just salty poeple getting shot off their mount.

> @"Anput.4620" said:

> > @"SoV.5139" said:

> > They already cut condi down but increased duration. The higher ramp up time took most burst condi builds out of the game.

> >

> > Cut power in half and reduce some cooldowns.

> >

> > Cut healing base values in half, then increase contribution from healing power.

> >

> > Bruiser builds will make their way back into the META. Full on power builds will be alot riskier, but still good for those who put in the time investment, rather than mashing invuln keys then spamming DPS.

>

> Except balanced SB is better than glass SB, heck, Boonbeast is better than either. It is still bunker meta, Boonbeasts/Prot Holo/Bunker Mes/Weaver are gking, they just don't fit the dismounting meta which is why they aren't played, poeple only hate longbow ranger because of the dismounting which is just stupid as mounts are stupidly OP still.

>

> > @"alain.1659" said:

> > I would like to share my experience on rangers, as I have played one a really good amount of time. Soulbeast is fine. It is really underpowered in some areas. Druid has becoma "meh" and core ranger is still what it is, an easy prey. What disturbs most of the people is the sic em build. Reworking sic em would solve most of the problem. Sic em definitely needs a good rework.

> >

> > About full zerker rangers, the comments are not justified. I had the similar thoughts so I played soulbeast for 2 weeks. It is easy to play but hellishly hard to master. Like all zerker one shot builds, it has its shortcomings. There are many professions that can deal damage from range and instadown their opponents. There are even longer ranges and /or safer professions like thief or mesmer(chrono especially). Revenants combo can easily down aynone if they are not fast enough. You can easily dismount people with rev, dh or thief. There are several skills that can nullify projectiles or reflect them.

> >

> > If you are having issues vs soulbeast, try roaming with it for 2 weeks. At first, you will feel like " kitten this is easy". Then you will face a skilled opponent that will send your tushie to oblivion.

>

> Read my response above, Sicc Em isn't even used in the best 1v1 build, it is just salty poeple getting shot off their mount.

Actually a DE, DD and core Thief can dismount you easily too. Which from my point of view is fair and needed for the game.

> @"Anput.4620" said:

> > @"SoV.5139" said:

> > They already cut condi down but increased duration. The higher ramp up time took most burst condi builds out of the game.

> >

> >

> > Cut healing base values in half, then increase contribution from healing power.

> >

> > Bruiser builds will make their way back into the META. Full on power builds will be alot riskier, but still good for those who put in the time investment, rather than mashing invuln keys then spamming DPS.

>

> Except balanced SB is better than glass SB, heck, Boonbeast is better than either. It is still bunker meta, Boonbeasts/Prot Holo/Bunker Mes/Weaver are gking, they just don't fit the dismounting meta which is why they aren't played, poeple only hate longbow ranger because of the dismounting which is just stupid as mounts are stupidly OP still.

>

> > @"alain.1659" said:

> > I would like to share my experience on rangers, as I have played one a really good amount of time. Soulbeast is fine. It is really underpowered in some areas. Druid has becoma "meh" and core ranger is still what it is, an easy prey. What disturbs most of the people is the sic em build. Reworking sic em would solve most of the problem. Sic em definitely needs a good rework.

> >

> > About full zerker rangers, the comments are not justified. I had the similar thoughts so I played soulbeast for 2 weeks. It is easy to play but hellishly hard to master. Like all zerker one shot builds, it has its shortcomings. There are many professions that can deal damage from range and instadown their opponents. There are even longer ranges and /or safer professions like thief or mesmer(chrono especially). Revenants combo can easily down aynone if they are not fast enough. You can easily dismount people with rev, dh or thief. There are several skills that can nullify projectiles or reflect them.

> >

> > If you are having issues vs soulbeast, try roaming with it for 2 weeks. At first, you will feel like " kitten this is easy". Then you will face a skilled opponent that will send your tushie to oblivion.

>

> Read my response above, Sicc Em isn't even used in the best 1v1 build, it is just salty poeple getting shot off their mount.

For players who are patient and understand the meta, I agree.

The forum audience with the loudest voice in these nerf threads are players who want to keep their own gimmick builds relevant while demanding other gimmick builds that counter their gimmick builds be nerfed. My position is if they are going to nerf high-burst-but-low-skill-floor, all of that needs to be nerfed then, not simply one or two which forumites dont like this week.

I wonder what the overlap is between the audiences of:

People who want easier methods of dismounting mounted characters,

-and-

People complaining about high burst DPS+low skill floor builds.

Reason: Its pretty easy to dismount a player when playing a high burst but low skill floor build. :open_mouth:

'This is so beyond true, I enjoyed how cute my best was when I first started and I liked bow and I got bashed on and kicked from groups for using bearbow or from just being a ranger'

(Rangers came a very long way. All we Rangers ask, is for us to be allowed to be Rangers...that is all :()

> @"Anput.4620" said:

> > @"SoV.5139" said:

> >

> >

> >

>

>

> > @"alain.1659" said:

> >

> >

>

This just isn't true though, many of us hate mounts. I personally If i had my way would see them removed from the game. But like I've said in many previous posts, simply turning them into out of combat swiftness with 2k hp and 1 dodge would be amazing. Great for getting from point A to point B, but terrible for giving an edge in combat.

That being said, SB longbow + sicem is currently the most broken low risk/skill high reward thing in the game. I would rather fight a boonbeast SB than one of those abominations running long bow. Dead eye was the only other class that could output so much ranged damage, and It was rightly nerfed. Now its Souldbeasts and their longbows to be next.

> @"anduriell.6280" said:

> > @"Anput.4620" said:

> > > @"SoV.5139" said:

> > > They already cut condi down but increased duration. The higher ramp up time took most burst condi builds out of the game.

> > >

> > > Cut power in half and reduce some cooldowns.

> > >

> > > Cut healing base values in half, then increase contribution from healing power.

> > >

> > > Bruiser builds will make their way back into the META. Full on power builds will be alot riskier, but still good for those who put in the time investment, rather than mashing invuln keys then spamming DPS.

> >

> > Except balanced SB is better than glass SB, heck, Boonbeast is better than either. It is still bunker meta, Boonbeasts/Prot Holo/Bunker Mes/Weaver are gking, they just don't fit the dismounting meta which is why they aren't played, poeple only hate longbow ranger because of the dismounting which is just stupid as mounts are stupidly OP still.

> >

> > > @"alain.1659" said:

> > > I would like to share my experience on rangers, as I have played one a really good amount of time. Soulbeast is fine. It is really underpowered in some areas. Druid has becoma "meh" and core ranger is still what it is, an easy prey. What disturbs most of the people is the sic em build. Reworking sic em would solve most of the problem. Sic em definitely needs a good rework.

> > >

> > > About full zerker rangers, the comments are not justified. I had the similar thoughts so I played soulbeast for 2 weeks. It is easy to play but hellishly hard to master. Like all zerker one shot builds, it has its shortcomings. There are many professions that can deal damage from range and instadown their opponents. There are even longer ranges and /or safer professions like thief or mesmer(chrono especially). Revenants combo can easily down aynone if they are not fast enough. You can easily dismount people with rev, dh or thief. There are several skills that can nullify projectiles or reflect them.

> > >

> > > If you are having issues vs soulbeast, try roaming with it for 2 weeks. At first, you will feel like " kitten this is easy". Then you will face a skilled opponent that will send your tushie to oblivion.

> >

> > Read my response above, Sicc Em isn't even used in the best 1v1 build, it is just salty poeple getting shot off their mount.

>

> Actually a DE, DD and core Thief can dismount you easily too. Which from my point of view is fair and needed for the game.

You literally can't in enemy territory and MAYBE in your own and only if the enemy is completely clueless and you would have to blow your whole kit to do it.

> @"Doug.4930" said:

> > @"Anput.4620" said:

> > > @"SoV.5139" said:

> > > They already cut condi down but increased duration. The higher ramp up time took most burst condi builds out of the game.

> > >

> > > Cut power in half and reduce some cooldowns.

> > >

> > > Cut healing base values in half, then increase contribution from healing power.

> > >

> > > Bruiser builds will make their way back into the META. Full on power builds will be alot riskier, but still good for those who put in the time investment, rather than mashing invuln keys then spamming DPS.

> >

> > Except balanced SB is better than glass SB, heck, Boonbeast is better than either. It is still bunker meta, Boonbeasts/Prot Holo/Bunker Mes/Weaver are gking, they just don't fit the dismounting meta which is why they aren't played, poeple only hate longbow ranger because of the dismounting which is just stupid as mounts are stupidly OP still.

> >

> > > @"alain.1659" said:

> > > I would like to share my experience on rangers, as I have played one a really good amount of time. Soulbeast is fine. It is really underpowered in some areas. Druid has becoma "meh" and core ranger is still what it is, an easy prey. What disturbs most of the people is the sic em build. Reworking sic em would solve most of the problem. Sic em definitely needs a good rework.

> > >

> > > About full zerker rangers, the comments are not justified. I had the similar thoughts so I played soulbeast for 2 weeks. It is easy to play but hellishly hard to master. Like all zerker one shot builds, it has its shortcomings. There are many professions that can deal damage from range and instadown their opponents. There are even longer ranges and /or safer professions like thief or mesmer(chrono especially). Revenants combo can easily down aynone if they are not fast enough. You can easily dismount people with rev, dh or thief. There are several skills that can nullify projectiles or reflect them.

> > >

> > > If you are having issues vs soulbeast, try roaming with it for 2 weeks. At first, you will feel like " kitten this is easy". Then you will face a skilled opponent that will send your tushie to oblivion.

> >

> > Read my response above, Sicc Em isn't even used in the best 1v1 build, it is just salty poeple getting shot off their mount.

>

> This just isn't true though, many of us hate mounts. I personally If i had my way would see them removed from the game. But like I've said in many previous posts, simply turning them into out of combat swiftness with 2k hp and 1 dodge would be amazing. Great for getting from point A to point B, but terrible for giving an edge in combat.

>

> That being said, SB longbow + sicem is currently the most broken low risk/skill high reward thing in the game. I would rather fight a boonbeast SB than one of those abominations running long bow. Dead eye was the only other class that could output so much ranged damage, and It was rightly nerfed. Now its Souldbeasts and their longbows to be next.

How does this make any sense? Boonbeast is literally more broken than longbow yet you say longbow is better and you'd rather fight a boonbeast? Heck, Holo is better than longbow and Rev is as good.

You are talking about glassbeast which folds to anything evading their burst or balanced longbow which is better for dueling but doesn't hit AA's over 5k or what? Because you are making zero sense here, any glass build can oneshot things and they are almost all bad. unless it is a Mesmer or Thief build.

Can we see some duels between LB soulbeasts and sword revs, boonbeasts condi mes and holo's? If it is the most broken thing it should win these matchups every time right? Because LB should lose these matchups every time lol.

So yeah stop being a necro complaining about rock when you say paper is fine.

> @"Anput.4620" said:

> > @"anduriell.6280" said:

> > > @"Anput.4620" said:

> > > > @"SoV.5139" said:

> > > > They already cut condi down but increased duration. The higher ramp up time took most burst condi builds out of the game.

> > > >

> > > > Cut power in half and reduce some cooldowns.

> > > >

> > > > Cut healing base values in half, then increase contribution from healing power.

> > > >

> > > > Bruiser builds will make their way back into the META. Full on power builds will be alot riskier, but still good for those who put in the time investment, rather than mashing invuln keys then spamming DPS.

> > >

> > > Except balanced SB is better than glass SB, heck, Boonbeast is better than either. It is still bunker meta, Boonbeasts/Prot Holo/Bunker Mes/Weaver are gking, they just don't fit the dismounting meta which is why they aren't played, poeple only hate longbow ranger because of the dismounting which is just stupid as mounts are stupidly OP still.

> > >

> > > > @"alain.1659" said:

> > > > I would like to share my experience on rangers, as I have played one a really good amount of time. Soulbeast is fine. It is really underpowered in some areas. Druid has becoma "meh" and core ranger is still what it is, an easy prey. What disturbs most of the people is the sic em build. Reworking sic em would solve most of the problem. Sic em definitely needs a good rework.

> > > >

> > > > About full zerker rangers, the comments are not justified. I had the similar thoughts so I played soulbeast for 2 weeks. It is easy to play but hellishly hard to master. Like all zerker one shot builds, it has its shortcomings. There are many professions that can deal damage from range and instadown their opponents. There are even longer ranges and /or safer professions like thief or mesmer(chrono especially). Revenants combo can easily down aynone if they are not fast enough. You can easily dismount people with rev, dh or thief. There are several skills that can nullify projectiles or reflect them.

> > > >

> > > > If you are having issues vs soulbeast, try roaming with it for 2 weeks. At first, you will feel like " kitten this is easy". Then you will face a skilled opponent that will send your tushie to oblivion.

> > >

> > > Read my response above, Sicc Em isn't even used in the best 1v1 build, it is just salty poeple getting shot off their mount.

> >

> > Actually a DE, DD and core Thief can dismount you easily too. Which from my point of view is fair and needed for the game.

>

> You literally can't in enemy territory and MAYBE in your own and only if the enemy is completely clueless and you would have to blow your whole kit to do it.

>

> > @"Doug.4930" said:

> > > > They already cut condi down but increased duration. The higher ramp up time took most burst condi builds out of the game.

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > Cut healing base values in half, then increase contribution from healing power.

> > > >

> > > > Bruiser builds will make their way back into the META. Full on power builds will be alot riskier, but still good for those who put in the time investment, rather than mashing invuln keys then spamming DPS.

> > >

> > > Except balanced SB is better than glass SB, heck, Boonbeast is better than either. It is still bunker meta, Boonbeasts/Prot Holo/Bunker Mes/Weaver are gking, they just don't fit the dismounting meta which is why they aren't played, poeple only hate longbow ranger because of the dismounting which is just stupid as mounts are stupidly OP still.

> > >

> > > > I would like to share my experience on rangers, as I have played one a really good amount of time. Soulbeast is fine. It is really underpowered in some areas. Druid has becoma "meh" and core ranger is still what it is, an easy prey. What disturbs most of the people is the sic em build. Reworking sic em would solve most of the problem. Sic em definitely needs a good rework.

> > > >

> > > > About full zerker rangers, the comments are not justified. I had the similar thoughts so I played soulbeast for 2 weeks. It is easy to play but hellishly hard to master. Like all zerker one shot builds, it has its shortcomings. There are many professions that can deal damage from range and instadown their opponents. There are even longer ranges and /or safer professions like thief or mesmer(chrono especially). Revenants combo can easily down aynone if they are not fast enough. You can easily dismount people with rev, dh or thief. There are several skills that can nullify projectiles or reflect them.

> > > >

> > > > If you are having issues vs soulbeast, try roaming with it for 2 weeks. At first, you will feel like " kitten this is easy". Then you will face a skilled opponent that will send your tushie to oblivion.

> > >

> > > Read my response above, Sicc Em isn't even used in the best 1v1 build, it is just salty poeple getting shot off their mount.

> >

> > This just isn't true though, many of us hate mounts. I personally If i had my way would see them removed from the game. But like I've said in many previous posts, simply turning them into out of combat swiftness with 2k hp and 1 dodge would be amazing. Great for getting from point A to point B, but terrible for giving an edge in combat.

> >

> > That being said, SB longbow + sicem is currently the most broken low risk/skill high reward thing in the game. I would rather fight a boonbeast SB than one of those abominations running long bow. Dead eye was the only other class that could output so much ranged damage, and It was rightly nerfed. Now its Souldbeasts and their longbows to be next.

>

> How does this make any sense? Boonbeast is literally more broken than longbow yet you say longbow is better and you'd rather fight a boonbeast? Heck, Holo is better than longbow and Rev is as good.

>

> You are talking about glassbeast which folds to anything evading their burst or balanced longbow which is better for dueling but doesn't hit AA's over 5k or what? Because you are making zero sense here, any glass build can oneshot things and they are almost all bad. unless it is a Mesmer or Thief build.

>

> Can we see some duels between LB soulbeasts and sword revs, boonbeasts condi mes and holo's? If it is the most broken thing it should win these matchups every time right? Because LB should lose these matchups every time lol.

>

> So yeah stop being a necro complaining about rock when you say paper is fine.

Oh I wouldn't say any of those classes are fine. My gripe is that If a terrible player runs one of those builds, they aren't very dangerous. Sure if a decent player runs them its pretty broken thats true. But I would still rather face one of those builds over a SB longbow simply because a terrible player running SB + Sicem + longbow is one of the most dangerous things in WvW at the moment. They can press 3 buttons and deal upwards of 25k of damage without any setup or thought. No matter how bad they are those 3 buttons force any player to drop very expensive cool downs to survive. It requires 100% no thought or ability whatsoever. Im not saying the other builds are extremely hard to play mind you, but I am saying that SB longbow is so mindbogglingly easy that a player who has never played WvW before can be told "hey press these 3 buttons" and they become more dangerous than 90% of players on the field. Because they can output a ridiculous amount of damage with absolutely no setup from 1,800 range.

You can't balance a game solely around 1v1's anyway. SB longbow is far far to good at its job. Killing enemies in 0.5 seconds from 1,800 range. Its the most overpowered broken thing in this game at the moment. I'd rather die to an overpowered holosmith or boonbeast who at least has to have some semblance of what they are doing over a player running SB + sicem + longbow who only needs to press 3 buttons inorder to deliver an unblockable rapid fire from 1,800 range capable of dealing anywhere between 15k-30k depending on how glassy they are.

No Im not talking about glass beast. Glass beast can hit auto attacks for 17k and winters bite for 35k (google it im not making this up). That is overkill. Nobody runs that except for meme value. (the fact that going full glass on SB can give us these numbers is still insanely broken). Whats far more frustrating are SB longbows who build a bit of surivabilty, and can still deal 6k auto attacks with a 20k rapid fire. The amount of damage modifies soul beast gets is broken.

An easy fix would be to change sicem to "your pets skills do 40% more damage". This way core rangers pets would still deal 40% more damage while the effect is active. But longbow soul beasts won't be able to abuse the 40% instant damage modifier to turn their longbow into a gau-8 avenger.

My main point though is alot of people think SB + sicem is broken as all hell, and its not because its the only build that counters the more over powered stupid mounts.

> @"Doug.4930" said:

> My main point though is alot of people think SB + sicem is broken as all hell, and its not because its the only build that counters the more over powered stupid mounts.

Alot by what metric? I rarely see them. Most days roaming is just fighting meta holo/spellbreaker/rev/fb/scourge heavy melee stacked groups. The more players they are, the more to the right part of this setup they lean. When these groups have a soulbeast... oh boy. That poor thing. More targeted than a scourge. Sure I encounter solo soulbeasts too, but exceedingly few have the build or the skills to be any threat. And when they are a threat and defeat me, regardless of being a boonbeast or sic em then everytime its *if there was only one more of me here we would have won*. Because thats how WvW works.

This doomsaying really remind me of the mirage arguments half a year ago, when according to the forums 99% of roamers was *apparently* running mirages that instakilled you while being immortal, yet ingame you saw one good mirage like... once a month.

Its a strong build, with lots of damage no denying that. Maybe it even need nerfs. But just like any strong build in the hands of terrible players, it becomes pretty meh in WvW where half the fights is sustaining outmanned.

> @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > @"Doug.4930" said:

> > My main point though is alot of people think SB + sicem is broken as all hell, and its not because its the only build that counters the more over powered stupid mounts.

> Alot by what metric? I rarely see them. Most days roaming is just fighting meta holo/spellbreaker/rev/fb/scourge heavy melee stacked groups. The more players they are, the more to the right part of this setup they lean. When these groups have a soulbeast... oh boy. That poor thing. More targeted than a scourge. Sure I encounter solo soulbeasts too, but exceedingly few have the build or the skills to be any threat. And when they are a threat and defeat me, regardless of being a boonbeast or sic em then everytime its *if there was only one more of me here we would have won*. Because thats how WvW works.

>

> This doomsaying really remind me of the mirage arguments half a year ago, when according to the forums 99% of roamers was *apparently* running mirages that instakilled you while being immortal, yet ingame you saw one good mirage like... once a month.

>

> Its a strong build, with lots of damage no denying that. Maybe it even need nerfs. But just like any strong build in the hands of terrible players, it becomes pretty meh in WvW where half the fights is sustaining outmanned.

I can agree with a lot of what you're saying, but would reiterate that just because builds like holosmith etc are overpowered or more overpowered doesn't mean SB longbow isn't. I think that the ability to one shot players with no setup and no risk is unhealthy for the game. At least with most 1 shot burst builds they need to actually build adrenaline/malice before delivering half of the sort of damage a soul beast can dish out. Furthermore a ranger by default has so much mobility that the longbow builds can usually escape any fight when they choose too. But I certainly wouldn't want to nerf rangers mobility because I think rangers should be mobile, its sort of half the point of a "ranger" to be quick and nimble. But that much mobility with that much damage is broken. So the damage needs to be toned down.

Years ago when the game was more balanced this was the only build that could reliably 1 shot without setup:

The tradeoff was that you needed to be on top of the target, and use pretty much every cool down to deliver the burst, which could be negated by a block, as unlike soul beast its burst was block able. If you failed to kill the target you had no condi clears, no mobility, no stealth, no blocks and no invulns. You were dead. Now a soul beast has every single one of those tools i just mentioned. On top of being able to deliver its full burst at 1,800 range.

Something needs to be done about it, i sorry but I just can't understand how the existence of that build is in anyway good for the game.

> @"Doug.4930" said:

> I think that the ability to one shot players with no setup and no risk is unhealthy for the game. At least with most 1 shot burst builds they need to actually build adrenaline/malice before delivering half of the sort of damage a soul beast can dish out.

Then you must be confused, because the "1 shot" longbow ranger requires a fair bit of very obvious setup if you know what to look for.

> @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > @"Doug.4930" said:

> > I think that the ability to one shot players with no setup and no risk is unhealthy for the game. At least with most 1 shot burst builds they need to actually build adrenaline/malice before delivering half of the sort of damage a soul beast can dish out.

> Then you must be confused, because the "1 shot" longbow ranger requires a fair bit of very obvious setup if you know what to look for.

Errrmmm no it doesn't.

Merge with pet procs unstoppable union-----> sicem-------> rapid fire

end.

If you really want to up the damage to crazier levels and you've got the element of surprise you use maul first for the attack of opportunity.

That is not setup. Building malice/deathshroud/adrenaline etc is setup. It takes time. You need to actually fight your opponent for a while before delivering the burst. Anything you can do out of combat that takes less than 2 seconds is not setup.

> @"Anput.4620" said:

> > @"anduriell.6280" said:

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

> > Actually a DE, DD and core Thief can dismount you easily too. Which from my point of view is fair and needed for the game.

>

> You literally can't in enemy territory and MAYBE in your own and only if the enemy is completely clueless and you would have to blow your whole kit to do it.

>

> > @"Doug.4930" said:

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

> > This just isn't true though, many of us hate mounts. I personally If i had my way would see them removed from the game. But like I've said in many previous posts, simply turning them into out of combat swiftness with 2k hp and 1 dodge would be amazing. Great for getting from point A to point B, but terrible for giving an edge in combat.

> >

> > That being said, SB longbow + sicem is currently the most broken low risk/skill high reward thing in the game. I would rather fight a boonbeast SB than one of those abominations running long bow. Dead eye was the only other class that could output so much ranged damage, and It was rightly nerfed. Now its Souldbeasts and their longbows to be next.

>

> How does this make any sense? Boonbeast is literally more broken than longbow yet you say longbow is better and you'd rather fight a boonbeast? Heck, Holo is better than longbow and Rev is as good.

>

> You are talking about glassbeast which folds to anything evading their burst or balanced longbow which is better for dueling but doesn't hit AA's over 5k or what? Because you are making zero sense here, any glass build can oneshot things and they are almost all bad. unless it is a Mesmer or Thief build.

>

> Can we see some duels between LB soulbeasts and sword revs, boonbeasts condi mes and holo's? If it is the most broken thing it should win these matchups every time right? Because LB should lose these matchups every time lol.

>

> So yeah stop being a necro complaining about rock when you say paper is fine.

Blowing whole kit to do 10K damage?

Reads all the other threads about 25K HP / 3K armor characters being one shot killed.

Someones lying, heh.

> @"Shifty.4985" said:

> Convert people to play 1 shot rangers, then when anet sees everyone playing it, the will see it as too strong and will nerf

Problem is that its a one-trick-pony build that blows up as soon as an opponent playing an even remotely damaging build looks in their general direction. The prospect of "burst and if that doesn't work hope you can run away" doesn't appeal to everyone. Those builds don't survive in sustained fights. Its basically glass thief lite, except with damage immunity instead of evasion uptime.

I find it amusing that some people claim that they avoid playing a certain build because its too cheesy and they're above that. Give me a break.

I'm not saying Sic 'Em doesn't need to be smashed -- just that glassbow soulbeast on the whole isn't the one build to end them all. (Unless they're all necros.)

~ Kovu

> @"Kovu.7560" said:

> > @"Nokturnal Lunacy.3186" said:

> > > @"Kovu.7560" said:

> > > > @"Shifty.4985" said:

> > > > Convert people to play 1 shot rangers, then when anet sees everyone playing it, the will see it as too strong and will nerf

> > >

> > > Problem is that its a one-trick-pony build that blows up as soon as an opponent playing an even remotely damaging build looks in their general direction. The prospect of "burst and if that doesn't work hope you can run away" doesn't appeal to everyone. Those builds don't survive in sustained fights. Its basically glass thief lite, except with damage immunity instead of evasion uptime.

> > >

> > > I find it amusing that some people claim that they avoid playing a certain build because its too cheesy and they're above that. Give me a break.

> > >

> > > I'm not saying Sic 'Em doesn't need to be smashed -- just that glassbow soulbeast on the whole isn't the one build to end them all. (Unless they're all necros.)

> > >

> > > ~ Kovu

> >

> > Actually there are a lot of players that won't play cheesy builds cuz THEY ARE ABOVE THAT. Just cuz you like being a troll and **hop for the latest greatest cheese** doesnt mean everybody does.

>

> Noc. Really. We've known each other (or at least we used to) since I joined TLC in 2014. You literally know that's not true and that I've mained ranger, and just ranger, since at least pre HoT, (in actuality since launch). You should remember all of my moaning about constantly having to hop on a profession meta to this gamemode rather than playing the profession I _want_ to play. I'm sorry if you're still salty about that time 2~3 years ago I farmed you on my Druid in ebg, but you more than most of the people in this thread should know I've been playing this profession since well before anyone cared it existed.

>

> Let me help you down off that high horse.

>

> ~ Kovu

alright let me knock you off your high horse now. first off all this game carries the player. so nobody is good in this game no matter how much anybody tries to say they are or try to boast about beating anybody. Idc how long ive known you, all you took chaba's side when you knew she was wrong so as far as im concerned ........ anyway you boast about beating me while on a druid while i was on a vanilla ranger meaning you just said you did what i said you do. do you even see that? im not here to argue with you about this cuz its off topic. you can talk to me in private messages.