I Play LB Soulbeast in WvW cuz so many are crying around about it.

> What? It literally can do that damage, yep, you know nothing. All you need is marked 2 signets and a backstab, also DE still has permastealth lol. I can literally go in WvW rn with my zerk DE and hit 22k backstabs on squishy targets.

Take a DE that can do 22k backstabs and start trying that on SB, Warrior, Holo, Mirage, etc meta builds. Sure a thief can gank another thief but more often than not that same thief without hitting from a +1 advantage is going to get parked by virtually every meta build. An unblockable skill that hits harder than anything else in the game from an absurd range tied to a class that has some of the best solo survival in the game then put it on a short cooldown is just flat out OP. The devs have seen it and here we are... nerf hammer which still probably isn't going far enough.

There is a very real reason SB pew pew has become one of the strongest gank builds in the game. Sadly much of it comes from a wall.

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IDK... Never saw an ranger who killed me instantly with 20k+ rapid fire. I made one with marouder armor and berserk trinkets and I make most of the time maybe around 12k (50% of the timre, a lot of the shots getting blocked anyways) ... Getting one shot from Mesmers and Thief out of stealth is more annoying.

> @"phreeak.1023" said:

> IDK... Never saw an ranger who killed me instantly with 20k+ rapid fire. I made one with marouder armor and berserk trinkets and I make most of the time maybe around 12k (50% of the timre, a lot of the shots getting blocked anyways) ... Getting one shot from Mesmers and Thief out of stealth is more annoying.

Video speaks for itself.

> @"Doug.4930" said:

> > @"phreeak.1023" said:

> > IDK... Never saw an ranger who killed me instantly with 20k+ rapid fire. I made one with marouder armor and berserk trinkets and I make most of the time maybe around 12k (50% of the timre, a lot of the shots getting blocked anyways) ... Getting one shot from Mesmers and Thief out of stealth is more annoying.

>

>

>

> Video speaks for itself.

JuSt LoS And DoDgE 4head

> @"Doug.4930" said:

> > IDK... Never saw an ranger who killed me instantly with 20k+ rapid fire. I made one with marouder armor and berserk trinkets and I make most of the time maybe around 12k (50% of the timre, a lot of the shots getting blocked anyways) ... Getting one shot from Mesmers and Thief out of stealth is more annoying.

>

>

>

I did the exact same thing to a firebrand friday. With a p/p deadeye I never play in WvW (it was like 15m before reset). First unload knocked him off the mount. Second unload killed him. It all just took the time it takes to shoot 2 unloads with quickness. No preparation other than mark was needed, not a single other skill used.

It really doesnt change the fact that I would tip over if a mosquito land on me. Because it's a squishy berserker that cant survive anything in WvW.

> @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > @"Doug.4930" said:

> > > @"phreeak.1023" said:

> > > IDK... Never saw an ranger who killed me instantly with 20k+ rapid fire. I made one with marouder armor and berserk trinkets and I make most of the time maybe around 12k (50% of the timre, a lot of the shots getting blocked anyways) ... Getting one shot from Mesmers and Thief out of stealth is more annoying.

> >

> >

> >

> > Video speaks for itself.

> I did the exact same thing to a firebrand friday. With a p/p deadeye I never play in WvW (it was like 15m before reset). First unload knocked him off the mount. Second unload killed him. It all just took the time it takes to shoot 2 unloads with quickness. No preparation other than mark was needed, not a single other skill used.

>

> It really doesnt change the fact that I would tip over if a mosquito land on me. Because it's a squishy berserker that cant survive anything in WvW.

I'm sure what you described is possible, but I would be confident in saying that a p/p deadeye could probably do half the damage shown in this video and at half the range. I had 2.4k armour, and thats not including the mount.

Also for fun this happened tonight since my last post so I thought I'd put it here for everyone's enjoyment:

> @"Doug.4930" said:

> > @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > > @"Doug.4930" said:

> > > > @"phreeak.1023" said:

> > > > IDK... Never saw an ranger who killed me instantly with 20k+ rapid fire. I made one with marouder armor and berserk trinkets and I make most of the time maybe around 12k (50% of the timre, a lot of the shots getting blocked anyways) ... Getting one shot from Mesmers and Thief out of stealth is more annoying.

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > Video speaks for itself.

> > I did the exact same thing to a firebrand friday. With a p/p deadeye I never play in WvW (it was like 15m before reset). First unload knocked him off the mount. Second unload killed him. It all just took the time it takes to shoot 2 unloads with quickness. No preparation other than mark was needed, not a single other skill used.

> >

> > It really doesnt change the fact that I would tip over if a mosquito land on me. Because it's a squishy berserker that cant survive anything in WvW.

>

> I'm sure what you described is possible, but I would be confident in saying that a p/p deadeye could probably do half the damage shown in this video and at half the range. I had 2.4k armour, and thats not including the mount.

>

> Also for fun this happened tonight since my last post so I thought I'd put it here for everyone's enjoyment:

>

>

If you look closely you can even see that dodge was used, but it wasnt very effective.

> @"Anput.4620" said:

> > @"spectrito.8513" said:

> > > @"Anput.4620" said:

> > > > @"steki.1478" said:

> > > > > @"Anput.4620" said:

> > > >

> > > > > What? It literally can do that damage, yep, you know nothing. All you need is marked 2 signets and a backstab, also DE still has permastealth lol. I can literally go in WvW rn with my zerk DE and hit 22k backstabs on squishy targets.

> > > > >

> > > > > Atleast why can consider your opinion invalid now for spreading blatant misinformation.

> > > > >

> > > > > Community QQing because they can't L2P also shouldn't be how balance is decided.

> > > >

> > > > There's a huge difference between 120 range and 1800 range. And even then, soulbeast does more damage lol

> > > >

> > >

> > > Yeah because damage and range is all that matters because survivability, evades, sustain, invuls, stealth, boonspam, aoe, corrupts, support and mobility don't exist and we should only balance around single target damage and range because there are no tradeoffs between all aforementioned things i just said, got it.

> > >

> > > Holo>Soulbeast.

> > >

> > > Boonbeast>Soulbeast

> > >

> > > Thief=Soulbeast

> > >

> > > Mesmer>Soulbeast

> > >

> > > Warrior=Soulbeast

> > >

> > > Necro=Salty

> >

> > You forgot to mention your glorious unkillable celestial Weaver who always wins

>

> Oh yeah this but unironically.

>

> > @"Twilight Tempest.7584" said:

> > 1. Not being zerg-ready does not mean a build isn't broken.

> > 2. Not being the only broken build does not mean a build isn't broken.

> >

> > Eliminate those two "arguments" and avoid much of the debate.

>

> The build isn't broken when the other builds are broken because balance is relative so what is broken and what isn't considered broken is relative to the average standard of powerlevel making the build not broken. When everything is broken relatively nothing is broken because the average goes up. So are the broken things broken or are the weaker things too weak? Because every class has a viable roaming build, most of which outperform longbow which just kills immobile squishy zergbuilds easilly.

The love that you'll find is the love that you will never find because it's the love that is always not able to be found.

> @"SoV.5139" said:

>

Neat that you posted this, I was actually thinking of this band a few days ago. Don't think many people know about them now.

About the changes on sbeast though, I think they will still be effective, gonna have to wait until patch drops to see how high the dmg is still

> @"DemonSeed.3528" said:

> > @"SoV.5139" said:

> >

> Neat that you posted this, I was actually thinking of this band a few days ago. Don't think many people know about them now.

>

> About the changes on sbeast though, I think they will still be effective, gonna have to wait until patch drops to see how high the dmg is still

>

I only know one song from them but i listen to it daily xD

Yeah, SB damage wont change much but im glad about unstoppable union

> @"steki.1478" said:

> > @"Doug.4930" said:

> > > @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > > > @"Doug.4930" said:

> > > > > @"phreeak.1023" said:

> > > > > IDK... Never saw an ranger who killed me instantly with 20k+ rapid fire. I made one with marouder armor and berserk trinkets and I make most of the time maybe around 12k (50% of the timre, a lot of the shots getting blocked anyways) ... Getting one shot from Mesmers and Thief out of stealth is more annoying.

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > Video speaks for itself.

> > > I did the exact same thing to a firebrand friday. With a p/p deadeye I never play in WvW (it was like 15m before reset). First unload knocked him off the mount. Second unload killed him. It all just took the time it takes to shoot 2 unloads with quickness. No preparation other than mark was needed, not a single other skill used.

> > >

> > > It really doesnt change the fact that I would tip over if a mosquito land on me. Because it's a squishy berserker that cant survive anything in WvW.

> >

> > I'm sure what you described is possible, but I would be confident in saying that a p/p deadeye could probably do half the damage shown in this video and at half the range. I had 2.4k armour, and thats not including the mount.

> >

> > Also for fun this happened tonight since my last post so I thought I'd put it here for everyone's enjoyment:

> >

> >

>

> If you look closely you can even see that dodge was used, but it wasnt very effective.

Yep i'd started spamming dodge at that point, but the brief gap between dodge spams is enough for the insane damage output to kill you anyway.

> @"Doug.4930" said:

>

>

>

Yet another STUPID video. Look at it carefully at 0:08 .The one that was attacked only has 14115 HP . Please don't post videos that are hopelessly misinforming .

> @"Doug.4930" said:

> > > @"Doug.4930" said:

> > > > IDK... Never saw an ranger who killed me instantly with 20k+ rapid fire. I made one with marouder armor and berserk trinkets and I make most of the time maybe around 12k (50% of the timre, a lot of the shots getting blocked anyways) ... Getting one shot from Mesmers and Thief out of stealth is more annoying.

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > I did the exact same thing to a firebrand friday. With a p/p deadeye I never play in WvW (it was like 15m before reset). First unload knocked him off the mount. Second unload killed him. It all just took the time it takes to shoot 2 unloads with quickness. No preparation other than mark was needed, not a single other skill used.

> >

> > It really doesnt change the fact that I would tip over if a mosquito land on me. Because it's a squishy berserker that cant survive anything in WvW.

>

> I'm sure what you described is possible, but I would be confident in saying that a p/p deadeye could probably do half the damage shown in this video and at half the range. I had 2.4k armour, and thats not including the mount.

>

> Also for fun this happened tonight since my last post so I thought I'd put it here for everyone's enjoyment:

>

>

SERIOUSLY !! ANOTHER ONE !! You only have 14995 HP which means your running less than adequate gear .Stop BSing people. 2.4K armor my ass

> @"Mokk.2397" said:

>

> SERIOUSLY !! ANOTHER ONE !! You only have 14995 HP which means your running less than adequate gear .Stop BSing people. 2.4K armor my kitten

Is that what that means?

Well either way, he also ate through the mounts 10k HP AND all of the shots weren't even necessary to down him, so even if he had more HP I don't think much would have been different. No point in arguing though, you have provided some pretty solid evidence, Mokk. (That and the nerf is still happening, yay).

> @"Mokk.2397" said:

> > @"Doug.4930" said:

> > > > > IDK... Never saw an ranger who killed me instantly with 20k+ rapid fire. I made one with marouder armor and berserk trinkets and I make most of the time maybe around 12k (50% of the timre, a lot of the shots getting blocked anyways) ... Getting one shot from Mesmers and Thief out of stealth is more annoying.

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > I did the exact same thing to a firebrand friday. With a p/p deadeye I never play in WvW (it was like 15m before reset). First unload knocked him off the mount. Second unload killed him. It all just took the time it takes to shoot 2 unloads with quickness. No preparation other than mark was needed, not a single other skill used.

> > >

> > > It really doesnt change the fact that I would tip over if a mosquito land on me. Because it's a squishy berserker that cant survive anything in WvW.

> >

> > I'm sure what you described is possible, but I would be confident in saying that a p/p deadeye could probably do half the damage shown in this video and at half the range. I had 2.4k armour, and thats not including the mount.

> >

> > Also for fun this happened tonight since my last post so I thought I'd put it here for everyone's enjoyment:

> >

> >

>

> SERIOUSLY !! ANOTHER ONE !! You only have 14995 HP which means your running less than adequate gear .Stop BSing people. 2.4K armor my kitten

Well you've convinced me, being able to tear through 26k worth of health in less than a second is completely balanced. Especially when you consider that only the first half of rapid fire actually was needed to kill me. So in retrospect it could probably have burned through 40k give or take. If you watch the other half went into my downstate invulnerability. Oh and that it has 1,800 range

Many of us used to think it was unbalanced, but I think I can speak on behalf of all of us when I say your stellar debate points and excellent application of critical thinking has shown all of us just how wrong we were about soul beast. I'm sure Anet will announce any time now once they read your post that the nerfs coming to soul beast will be immediately overturned.

> @"Doug.4930" said:

> Well you've convinced me, being able to tear through 26k worth of health in less than a second is completely balanced. Especially when you consider that only the first half of rapid fire actually was needed to kill me. So in retrospect it could probably have burned through 40k give or take. If you watch the other half went into my downstate invulnerability. Oh and that it has 1,800 range

>

> Many of us used to think it was unbalanced, but I think I can speak on behalf of all of us when I say you your stellar debate points and excellent application of critical thinking has shown all of us just how wrong we were about soul beast. I'm sure Anet will announce any time now once they read your post that the nerfs coming to soul beast will be immediately overturned.

It's balanced because it is not in the top of the PvP meta.

> @"Anput.4620" said:

> We absolutely shouldn't that makes zero sense, have you ever played any dedicated PvP game? You don't balance around bad players incompetence ...

Who pays the bills? ... why is this so hard for you to see?

You want to balance around the highest skilled players, most competent in PVP? Are they buying the outfits and gems? You convinced yet?

Actually, this patch was pretty good ... lots of things changed that needed to be done.

> @"alain.1659" said:

> I am sorry to barge in like that but I want to remind everyone that there are severely overpowered mesmer, thief, revenant and dragonhunter(yes dragonhunter) builds that are designed for one shotting people. And none of their skills can be reflected to the attacker himself.

>

> As for the video ele vs ranger, ele was not paying attention (as I do it often), continued his cast instead of using ToF, and died as a result. It was his own mistake in this meta. And dude, it is clear that you also forgot the "unblockable" part. I know it because I always do.

>

> But should ranger, thief, dh, mes be able to deal this kind of damage? Hell no. This meta is completely horrid.

>

> But I would prefer to deal with a zerker rapid fire soulbeast instead of a mesmer.

And yet a part of that dh build got few buffs

Im not complaining, this meta doesn't allow forgiveness for dh, since its defenses can be ignored by Every class. Its Wither oneshot or die

> @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > @"Anput.4620" said:

> > We absolutely shouldn't that makes zero sense, have you ever played any dedicated PvP game? You don't balance around bad players incompetence ...

>

> Who pays the bills? ... why is this so hard for you to see?

>

> You want to balance around the highest skilled players, most competent in PVP? Are they buying the outfits and gems? You convinced yet?

>

> Actually, this patch was pretty good ... lots of things changed that needed to be done.

I agree thats what they do, and this is a large reason why games who balance based on that criteria no longer have any eSports league taking them seriously.

Kind of ironic, as the game environment is already like a theme park with a few sand boxes embedded within it. Think of the potential if they would have completely split each mode off from the others rather than doing this soft split where some things are different but not all. This would create a situation where they didnt have to choose between eSports money and FashionWars® money.

> @"alain.1659" said:

> I am sorry to barge in like that but I want to remind everyone that there are severely overpowered mesmer, thief, revenant and dragonhunter(yes dragonhunter) builds that are designed for one shotting people. And none of their skills can be reflected to the attacker himself.

>

> As for the video ele vs ranger, ele was not paying attention (as I do it often), continued his cast instead of using ToF, and died as a result. It was his own mistake in this meta. And dude, it is clear that you also forgot the "unblockable" part. I know it because I always do.

>

> But should ranger, thief, dh, mes be able to deal this kind of damage? Hell no. This meta is completely horrid.

>

> But I would prefer to deal with a zerker rapid fire soulbeast instead of a mesmer.

Any SB worth their salt knows to pop unblockables vs classes known to carry reflects/blocks.

> @"Bigpapasmurf.5623" said:

> > @"alain.1659" said:

> > I am sorry to barge in like that but I want to remind everyone that there are severely overpowered mesmer, thief, revenant and dragonhunter(yes dragonhunter) builds that are designed for one shotting people. And none of their skills can be reflected to the attacker himself.

> >

> > As for the video ele vs ranger, ele was not paying attention (as I do it often), continued his cast instead of using ToF, and died as a result. It was his own mistake in this meta. And dude, it is clear that you also forgot the "unblockable" part. I know it because I always do.

> >

> > But should ranger, thief, dh, mes be able to deal this kind of damage? Hell no. This meta is completely horrid.

> >

> > But I would prefer to deal with a zerker rapid fire soulbeast instead of a mesmer.

>

> Any SB worth their salt knows to pop unblockables vs classes known to carry reflects/blocks.

Exactly. So ele should have used ToF and dodge instead of any blocking/reflecting skill when ambushed. Anyway with the recent patch maybe a small balance would be established. I usually play DH or ele so I cannot comment on SB in this balance.

> @"Doug.4930" said:

> > > @"Doug.4930" said:

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

>

>

>

>

The video seems straightforward, but something is confusing me.

Mounted - you get burst on = makes sense

Dismounted - you have 15kish health = makes sense

You are stunned from the dismount - health dropping fast (still rapidfire) = makes sense

Now for the confusion:

With your health at 8900 +small barrier, it jumps to 33k health = this confuses me

Right after you acquire 33k health you are downed = still puzzled

In the same frame it also looks like you took a 310k damage hit which downs you = yeah, both your health and that dmg number are confusing.

> @"Ubi.4136" said:

> > @"Doug.4930" said:

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

> Now for the confusion:

> With your health at 8900 +small barrier, it jumps to 33k health = this confuses me

> Right after you acquire 33k health you are downed = still puzzled

This is my downstate health. The amount of downstate health is ludicrous in my opinion. But yea 33k you saw for a split second is a display bug where it temporarily shows how much downstate health I have.

> In the same frame it also looks like you took a 310k damage hit which downs you = yeah, both your health and that dmg number are confusing.

Not sure about this, maybe just the numbers lining up to look like it hit for 310k

> @"SoV.5139" said:

> > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > @"Anput.4620" said:

> > > We absolutely shouldn't that makes zero sense, have you ever played any dedicated PvP game? You don't balance around bad players incompetence ...

> >

> > Who pays the bills? ... why is this so hard for you to see?

> >

> > You want to balance around the highest skilled players, most competent in PVP? Are they buying the outfits and gems? You convinced yet?

> >

> > Actually, this patch was pretty good ... lots of things changed that needed to be done.

>

> I agree thats what they do, and this is a large reason why games who balance based on that criteria no longer have any eSports league taking them seriously.

>

> Kind of ironic, as the game environment is already like a theme park with a few sand boxes embedded within it. Think of the potential if they would have completely split each mode off from the others rather than doing this soft split where some things are different but not all. This would create a situation where they didnt have to choose between eSports money and FashionWars® money.

Exactly, that's how you get a bad game.

I'm tired of the carebearing.

> @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > @"Anput.4620" said:

> > We absolutely shouldn't that makes zero sense, have you ever played any dedicated PvP game? You don't balance around bad players incompetence ...

>

> Who pays the bills? ... why is this so hard for you to see?

>

> You want to balance around the highest skilled players, most competent in PVP? Are they buying the outfits and gems? You convinced yet?

>

> Actually, this patch was pretty good ... lots of things changed that needed to be done.

I want them to stop serving the lowest common denominator because that decreases quality, why does this game have to be mcdonalds lol.

Why are you such a carebear?