Speculations On E

Donari.5237

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @Rognik.2579 said:

> I don't remember seeing Faren in the last instance, and I went around talking to everyone, from Dragon's Watch to the mount trainers. Maybe he only showed up for human players? I'm sure he wasn't there for my asura, despite talking to him in LA before leaving.

I'm 85% certain he wasn't there for my asura either, and she walked around and talked to _everyone_ with a green star over their heads.

> @"Endless Soul.5178" said:

> > @Rognik.2579 said:

> > I don't remember seeing Faren in the last instance, and I went around talking to everyone, from Dragon's Watch to the mount trainers. Maybe he only showed up for human players? I'm sure he wasn't there for my asura, despite talking to him in LA before leaving.

>

> I'm 85% certain he wasn't there for my asura either, and she walked around and talked to _everyone_ with a green star over their heads.

It may also be a matter of who you chose to ally with at the start- the much maligned Sunspear/Joko/independent choice. I chose Sunspears and got Sunspear/Kormir characters, choosing Joko gets Awakened showing up... perhaps choosing independent brings Faren in to fill the blank?

> @"Aaron Ansari.1604" said:

> > @"Endless Soul.5178" said:

> > > @Rognik.2579 said:

> > > I don't remember seeing Faren in the last instance, and I went around talking to everyone, from Dragon's Watch to the mount trainers. Maybe he only showed up for human players? I'm sure he wasn't there for my asura, despite talking to him in LA before leaving.

> >

> > I'm 85% certain he wasn't there for my asura either, and she walked around and talked to _everyone_ with a green star over their heads.

>

> It may also be a matter of who you chose to ally with at the start- the much maligned Sunspear/Joko/independent choice. I chose Sunspears and got Sunspear/Kormir characters, choosing Joko gets Awakened showing up... perhaps choosing independent brings Faren in to fill the blank?

That's definitely not it, as I chose independent and saw no Faren anywhere. I did see Ellen and Zalambur shamelessly flirting, though.

> @Rognik.2579 said:

> > @"Aaron Ansari.1604" said:

> > > @"Endless Soul.5178" said:

> > > > @Rognik.2579 said:

> > > > I don't remember seeing Faren in the last instance, and I went around talking to everyone, from Dragon's Watch to the mount trainers. Maybe he only showed up for human players? I'm sure he wasn't there for my asura, despite talking to him in LA before leaving.

> > >

> > > I'm 85% certain he wasn't there for my asura either, and she walked around and talked to _everyone_ with a green star over their heads.

> >

> > It may also be a matter of who you chose to ally with at the start- the much maligned Sunspear/Joko/independent choice. I chose Sunspears and got Sunspear/Kormir characters, choosing Joko gets Awakened showing up... perhaps choosing independent brings Faren in to fill the blank?

>

> That's definitely not it, as I chose independent and saw no Faren anywhere. I did see Ellen and Zalambur shamelessly flirting, though.

I chose independent too, and yes, my asura definitely saw that. :)

> @"Aaron Ansari.1604" said:

> > @"Endless Soul.5178" said:

> > > @Rognik.2579 said:

> > > I don't remember seeing Faren in the last instance, and I went around talking to everyone, from Dragon's Watch to the mount trainers. Maybe he only showed up for human players? I'm sure he wasn't there for my asura, despite talking to him in LA before leaving.

> >

> > I'm 85% certain he wasn't there for my asura either, and she walked around and talked to _everyone_ with a green star over their heads.

>

> It may also be a matter of who you chose to ally with at the start- the much maligned Sunspear/Joko/independent choice. I chose Sunspears and got Sunspear/Kormir characters, choosing Joko gets Awakened showing up... perhaps choosing independent brings Faren in to fill the blank?

I chose the Sunspears my first time through, and I saw Faren there at the end (on a Norn).

> @Maethor.2810 said:

> > @"Aaron Ansari.1604" said:

> > > @"Endless Soul.5178" said:

> > > > @Rognik.2579 said:

> > > > I don't remember seeing Faren in the last instance, and I went around talking to everyone, from Dragon's Watch to the mount trainers. Maybe he only showed up for human players? I'm sure he wasn't there for my asura, despite talking to him in LA before leaving.

> > >

> > > I'm 85% certain he wasn't there for my asura either, and she walked around and talked to _everyone_ with a green star over their heads.

> >

> > It may also be a matter of who you chose to ally with at the start- the much maligned Sunspear/Joko/independent choice. I chose Sunspears and got Sunspear/Kormir characters, choosing Joko gets Awakened showing up... perhaps choosing independent brings Faren in to fill the blank?

>

> I chose the Sunspears my first time through, and I saw Faren there at the end (on a Norn).

Same here, chose sunspear and he was there on my Sylvari. I do want to note, though, that he didn't have a green star over him, to my memory. He was just there amongst the people. I could talk to him, though.

So. One thing that struck me...

At the start of Path of Fire, if you talk to Faren (and persuade him to "look after the supplies"), he claims the title Lord of Beetletun.

That was a title that used to belong to the (now extinct) Beetlestones. So how did Faren get it in the wake of Caudecus' treachery, the murder of his own heiress, and execution?

The simplest answer might be that through some twist of ancestry, he just happened to be the next in line. That's the boring answer, but might well be the most likely.

Another, though, is that Queen Jennah has the right to appoint noble titles - and may have appointed Faren to the job.

Why, then, given how incompetent Faren appears to be (publicly, anyway... he does seem to survive things he shouldn't on occasion) would the crown appoint Faren to a position of likely greater responsibility?

One possibility is that it's a position where loyalty is more important than competence: Beetletun largely manages itself, and Faren has risked his life believing it to be for the Queen at least once, so she might have viewed Faren as the safest option for Caudecus' demesne.

The other possibility, though, is that Queen Jennah knows something that we don't...

Nobody mentioned Evennia? Weird.

Voice actress for evennia had a deep voice imo, and if livia is still alive, why wouldnt livia help another ally (close friend even?) staying alive as well? Not like the scepter works on just 1 person right?

And what if "E" is not just one person, but more than one? could be two, could be an organization or circle or whatever?

> @Rognik.2579 said:

> All it says is that it's a deep voice. Most people assume it to mean a male voice, but there are no genders mentioned in regard to E, not even a race associated with it. People assume E is human, because E could disappear so well within Divinity's Reach without drawing attention. Presumably it's not an asura, since it was at least as tall as Marjory standing at her full height (unless we had a knife-wielding golem, which seems even more unbelievable). Sadly, that leaves just about everyone who isn't a goblinoid genius.

>

> Edited to fix the formatting

The main thing you're forgetting is that these things aren't mentioned.

Which means (this is what you're forgetting), those things aren't uncommon.

A sylvari, norn, or charr would all be uncommon and obviously notable to Marjory - the accent of sylvari, the height of norn (and asura), and the fur of charr.

E has a deep voice, but more importantly Marjory, who heard said voice, refers to E as a him. So E's voice was clearly not feminine.

This leaves only humans, or very short norn, and on top of that someone who sounds masculine.

> @Narcemus.1348 said:

> > @Maethor.2810 said:

> > > @"Aaron Ansari.1604" said:

> > > > @"Endless Soul.5178" said:

> > > > > @Rognik.2579 said:

> > > > > I don't remember seeing Faren in the last instance, and I went around talking to everyone, from Dragon's Watch to the mount trainers. Maybe he only showed up for human players? I'm sure he wasn't there for my asura, despite talking to him in LA before leaving.

> > > >

> > > > I'm 85% certain he wasn't there for my asura either, and she walked around and talked to _everyone_ with a green star over their heads.

> > >

> > > It may also be a matter of who you chose to ally with at the start- the much maligned Sunspear/Joko/independent choice. I chose Sunspears and got Sunspear/Kormir characters, choosing Joko gets Awakened showing up... perhaps choosing independent brings Faren in to fill the blank?

> >

> > I chose the Sunspears my first time through, and I saw Faren there at the end (on a Norn).

>

> Same here, chose sunspear and he was there on my Sylvari. I do want to note, though, that he didn't have a green star over him, to my memory. He was just there amongst the people. I could talk to him, though.

Not only was he "just there amongst the people", he was in a niche around the central tables and fountain(or w/e it is in the middle) area. He's very easy to overlook. Even if he's in his underpants working on his night tan.

> @Retsuko.2035 said:

> Nobody mentioned Evennia? Weird.

>

> Voice actress for evennia had a deep voice imo, and if livia is still alive, why wouldnt livia help another ally (close friend even?) staying alive as well? Not like the scepter works on just 1 person right?

>

> And what if "E" is not just one person, but more than one? could be two, could be an organization or circle or whatever?

Oh folks have mentioned her before. However, the Side Stories practically confirm that Evennia's disappearance was caused by Adelbern hanging her.

E being a group is something that Marjory tossed around at the end of Season 1. Which makes it feel like a red herring to me. The letters from E in Episode 4 also make it sound like it's all coming from one spymaster individual.

whats the last time we have E notice? from here? if we do some balance its seems someone kinda involde in human affairs. https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/E%27s_Correspondence#Text

Re-reading her correspondences, to me is very clear, **E** is shining blade **E**xemplar, aka Livia. The only ability to act behind the scenes, circulating between the top tier of the shining blade and at the same time "mysteriously" no one arouses much mistrust about their, she does not personally interfere because she is always occupied with the persecution of the Mursaat, that's why she started asking for help via correspondences.

> @ugrakarma.9416 said:

> whats the last time we have E notice? from here? if we do some balance its seems someone kinda involde in human affairs. https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/E%27s_Correspondence#Text

>

> Re-reading her correspondences, to me is very clear, **E** is shining blade **E**xemplar, aka Livia. The only ability to act behind the scenes, circulating between the top tier of the shining blade and at the same time "mysteriously" no one arouses much mistrust about their, she does not personally interfere because she is always occupied with the persecution of the Mursaat, that's why she started asking for help via correspondences.

Anise implies, in Party Politics, that E is an independent source and that even she doesn't know who E is. Now, given her line of work, she could be lying by omission to protect E's identity, but the way she describes her contact implies that E isn't on her payroll: particularly since if E was Shining Blade, she could have just said that what she learned from E came from one of her agents without revealing that said agent is also E.

I *did* notice that Lord of Beetletun bit there. And promptly forgot it in the mad rush to do All the Things. Thanks for the reminder. Even if the Queen doesn't know (though she might well, if he is E), there are many subtle things E could do to influence the appointment.

> @Donari.5237 said:

> I *did* notice that Lord of Beetletun bit there. And promptly forgot it in the mad rush to do All the Things. Thanks for the reminder. Even if the Queen doesn't know (though she might well, if he is E), there are many subtle things E could do to influence the appointment.

There is a moment where Jennah "not missing much" is mentioned in Episode 4, and she emphasises how important it is for a queen to truly know what her subjects are thinking... even when she pretends she doesn't. So if Faren is more than he seems, it wouldn't surprise me if Jennah knows... even if she pretends she doesn't.

> @"Konig Des Todes.2086" said:

> > @Rognik.2579 said:

> > All it says is that it's a deep voice. Most people assume it to mean a male voice, but there are no genders mentioned in regard to E, not even a race associated with it. People assume E is human, because E could disappear so well within Divinity's Reach without drawing attention. Presumably it's not an asura, since it was at least as tall as Marjory standing at her full height (unless we had a knife-wielding golem, which seems even more unbelievable). Sadly, that leaves just about everyone who isn't a goblinoid genius.

> >

> > Edited to fix the formatting

>

> The main thing you're forgetting is that these things aren't mentioned.

>

> Which means (this is what you're forgetting), those things aren't uncommon.

>

> A sylvari, norn, or charr would all be uncommon and obviously notable to Marjory - the accent of sylvari, the height of norn (and asura), and the fur of charr.

>

> E has a deep voice, but more importantly Marjory, who heard said voice, refers to E as a him. So E's voice was clearly not feminine.

>

> This leaves only humans, or very short norn, and on top of that someone who sounds masculine.

I forgot none of that. It's easy enough for a charr to hide their fur by wearing gloves or long clothing, and it's not like Marjory felt skin on skin or fur or whatever. A norn or charr could bend down to whisper in the ear to hide their height relative to a human. As for the sylvari's accent, we don't know if humans would find it noteworthy or even notice a difference when a sylvari talks. Characters never draw attention to it, which could mean they find it commonplace or they just expect that when a sylvari speaks.

As for the voice, it's possible that E is a mesmer and using some magic to mask it, making it sound deeper than it actually is. Even if E isn't a mesmer, some vocal control could allow people to hide their voice to some degree. Marjory is assuming it's a male (or maybe uses male pronouns because of the way English works), but that doesn't mean it's definitely a male. Admittedly, though, E is most likely a human and male but the other races shouldn't be ruled out entirely

> @"Konig Des Todes.2086" said:

> Oh folks have mentioned her before. However, the Side Stories practically confirm that Evennia's disappearance was caused by Adelbern hanging her.

Considering this was propaganda from Caudecus, I'd say Evennia's fate is still an open question.

Prior to LS3 and Path of Fire, I kinda hoped that E would be one of the human gods in hinding/exile, gently guiding the mortals while avoiding the attention of the Dragons.

With that possibility gone, I now believe that E is really incognito, someone we haven't seen in person yet. Still don't believe he/she is of any "common" race.