Locked PoI behind 30+ min wait for Events

So I've been doing Map Completions on several alts through Season 4 and I've noticed that almost every map so far has a PoI locked behind events. The PoI at the Great Hall where Warden Amala is, Specimen Chamber in Sandswept Isle, ect. But one that I'm having trouble getting is the PoI in Jahai Keep where you have to do the race in order to nab it.

The Great Hall and Specimen Chambers are easy to get with some planning and placing characters near the gated areas so you can log in and out to nab the PoI while the events are in process, however the PoI in Jahai Keep is locked behind a race and races only last 5 minutes or so and not to mention the wait time for this particular race to begin.

Could we see an improvement in future maps and maybe some improvements to current S4 maps to where these PoI's are not locked behind time/event gates?

> @"aspirine.6852" said:

> The specimen chamber is very popular so no problem with that one.

> For jahai, no idea I did not have to wait for that map completion. Is that the one behind the door that you can get by standing close to the closed door?

No, the PoI is deep in Jahai Keep.

Indeed, if you get to the top of the waterfall that plummets down to Yahtendi Village and look towards the cliffs, there is a deep square entryway with some big closed doors at the end. Push your face against the middle of the doors, you get that poi. 25 Jahai completions, I have the route down pat :)

I thought you could get the Amala poi by standing on the roof over it, reached by gliding/griffon/other. I haven't completed Istan for a while though so my memory's fuzzy on that.

The only poi I've found to be completely frustrating is the pink room in the Thunderhead Peak tombs. I'm pretty sure I've completed that map on 25 alts now (may have missed on one or two) thanks to making Dragonsblood weapons, and that was way too many to cycle through the story start and do all the Glint trials. So I had to hope my daily plate included pink, or ask people in /Map for someone who had access. They sometimes got rather snappish -- I promise I asked nicely -- and I'd rather not have had to do that. Did feel good when I had pink to offer to let others tele to me, though, to pay forward the help I got.

> @"Donari.5237" said:

> I thought you could get the Amala poi by standing on the roof over it, reached by gliding/griffon/other. I haven't completed Istan for a while though so my memory's fuzzy on that.

Unfortunately this doesn't seem to be the case anymore as I tried several times. I think I remember getting it this way too one time but that was a long time ago.

> @"Donari.5237" said:

> Indeed, if you get to the top of the waterfall that plummets down to Yahtendi Village and look towards the cliffs, there is a deep square entryway with some big closed doors at the end. Push your face against the middle of the doors, you get that poi. 25 Jahai completions, I have the route down pat :)

Also this worked! Thanks!

> @"Omernon.9762" said:

> Most of the locked PoIs are obtainable by face-hugging front enterance. I believe that Kourna was the only map I had some trouble getting all of them in my first go.

I believe the current event-blocked PoI without work-arounds are:

* Thunderhead Keep, the purple room in the catacombs (the green room can be unlocked by "hugging," if off-mount),

* The chain-event blocked PoI in Kourna,

* Several in Dragonstand,

* Dry Top (the asura lab),

* Silverwastes (the labryinth, since it launched, and recently, the vine area kicks you out before you can unlock the POI or reach the hero challenge).

I'm sure my list needs updating, since people seem to have found methods since the last time I was trying to do multiple map completions outside of Core.

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > @"Omernon.9762" said:

> > Most of the locked PoIs are obtainable by face-hugging front enterance. I believe that Kourna was the only map I had some trouble getting all of them in my first go.

>

> I believe the current event-blocked PoI without work-arounds are:

> * Thunderhead Keep, the purple room in the catacombs (the green room can be unlocked by "hugging," if off-mount),

> * The chain-event blocked PoI in Kourna,

> * Several in Dragonstand,

> * Dry Top (the asura lab),

> * Silverwastes (the labryinth, since it launched, and recently, the vine area kicks you out before you can unlock the POI or reach the hero challenge).

>

> I'm sure my list needs updating, since people seem to have found methods since the last time I was trying to do multiple map completions outside of Core.

Purple room can be obtained through the story.

While not tied behind an event, the POI in Lake Doric at the top of the centaur hill is tied behind having a zerg in order to survive to get to it (maybe one could use stealth to get to it?) I think the density of centaurs was increased from initial in order to make it harder to farm or whatever, but also makes it hard to get even close without dying.

I've actually been looking for a leather farm group for a little while now, and not seen any during my normal login time. Even looked last weekend during more prime play hours, and no one was doing one (went into LFG, not just the map I'm on). I guess the leather farm has lost some of its appeal.

> @"Solvar.7953" said:

> the POI in Lake Doric at the top of the centaur hill is tied behind having a zerg in order to survive to get to it (maybe one could use stealth to get to it?)

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Fallen_Watchtower

Before mounts, you could stealth and/or use a combination of leaps. With mounts, it's a lot easier now.

For classes without it, you do need a lot of tricks (or mesmer ports or shared stealth). On necro, I just used all the life force I could store. I don't remember how I got it on guardian. Maybe tons of blocks? I might have zerged it.

The trick is that you come over from the west, climbing up the rocks (staying out of sight of the horsie sentries). Then you have to time it just so, to avoid the herd running the main circle at the top. (For me, I kept getting turned around, so I'd time it perfectly and then spoil it by going further out instead of in, getting farther from the POI.)

Probably should add that one, for completionism too, as not everyone knows the details. The wiki describes the route, without mentioning that "dashing through all the centaurs" is non-trivial.

> > @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> > Purple room can be obtained through the story.

>

> I didn't list it because, for me, it's not a viable "work-around" since it takes even more time than buying a key and rolling the dice for purple to be on the rotation.

> For completionism, I suppose I should.

Not if you have two accounts and a mesmer on each :P

> @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > > @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> > > Purple room can be obtained through the story.

> >

> > I didn't list it because, for me, it's not a viable "work-around" since it takes even more time than buying a key and rolling the dice for purple to be on the rotation.

> > For completionism, I suppose I should.

>

> Not if you have two accounts and a mesmer on each :P

Lol. True. (Second best reason for having two accounts.)

I only have the one with access to that map, though.

For ages, I kept a toon there for people wanted the grape room... and no one I knew ever did, so I moved her to something profitable.

> @"Solvar.7953" said:

> While not tied behind an event, the POI in Lake Doric at the top of the centaur hill is tied behind having a zerg in order to survive to get to it (maybe one could use stealth to get to it?) I think the density of centaurs was increased from initial in order to make it harder to farm or whatever, but also makes it hard to get even close without dying.

You can get close to that one by jumping some rocks along the northern wall of the area (coming from the west above the pear tree or whatever that daily fruit is), then making a suicide run for the poi. Probably easier still if you have access to stealth and/or mounts, as that would give you some room for error/knockdowns.

> @"Rasimir.6239" said:

> > @"Solvar.7953" said:

> > While not tied behind an event, the POI in Lake Doric at the top of the centaur hill is tied behind having a zerg in order to survive to get to it (maybe one could use stealth to get to it?) I think the density of centaurs was increased from initial in order to make it harder to farm or whatever, but also makes it hard to get even close without dying.

> You can get close to that one by jumping some rocks along the northern wall of the area (coming from the west above the pear tree or whatever that daily fruit is), then making a suicide run for the poi. Probably easier still if you have access to stealth and/or mounts, as that would give you some room for error/knockdowns.

This used to be reasonably easy to do with an Engineer using Sneak Gyro - although it might be a bit harder now that gyros have been changed to wells since I think Sneak Gyro gives less stealth nowadays. I also did it with an Elementalist using something like Mist Form, Arcane Shield and Obsidian Flesh. Most other professions can probably make it similarly easy for themselves with sensible choices of stealth and invulnerability skills.

I do find it a bit of weird design decision, though, that this PoI is so much harder to get than the others...

> > @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> > > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > > > @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> > > > Purple room can be obtained through the story.

> > >

> > > I didn't list it because, for me, it's not a viable "work-around" since it takes even more time than buying a key and rolling the dice for purple to be on the rotation.

> > > For completionism, I suppose I should.

> >

> > Not if you have two accounts and a mesmer on each :P

>

> Lol. True. (Second best reason for having two accounts.)

>

> I only have the one with access to that map, though.

> For ages, I kept a toon there for people wanted the grape room... and no one I knew ever did, so I moved her to something profitable.

As long as you leave the character at the right step of the story it shouldn't matter where the character is physically.

> @"Tommo Chocolate.5870" said:

> > @"Rasimir.6239" said:

> > > @"Solvar.7953" said:

> > > While not tied behind an event, the POI in Lake Doric at the top of the centaur hill is tied behind having a zerg in order to survive to get to it (maybe one could use stealth to get to it?) I think the density of centaurs was increased from initial in order to make it harder to farm or whatever, but also makes it hard to get even close without dying.

> > You can get close to that one by jumping some rocks along the northern wall of the area (coming from the west above the pear tree or whatever that daily fruit is), then making a suicide run for the poi. Probably easier still if you have access to stealth and/or mounts, as that would give you some room for error/knockdowns.

>

> This used to be reasonably easy to do with an Engineer using Sneak Gyro - although it might be a bit harder now that gyros have been changed to wells since I think Sneak Gyro gives less stealth nowadays. I also did it with an Elementalist using something like Mist Form, Arcane Shield and Obsidian Flesh.

Also Lightning Flash :)

> Most other professions can probably make it similarly easy for themselves with sensible choices of stealth and invulnerability skills.

>

Except necro. :/

No stealth. Very poor access to stability. One(?) anti projectile skill. No invuln. At least scourge has Sand Swell ...

> I do find it a bit of weird design decision, though, that this PoI is so much harder to get than the others...

Everyone can get a bit of stealth with Harpy Feathers but also requires waiting for an event.

I guess you could also just avoid everything with skyscale now