Anet back in Silent Mode

> @"Dami.5046" said:

> > @"Zexanima.7851" said:

> > Their lack of communication is a detriment to the game and is a good chunk of the reason my friends and I no longer play. This isn't likely to change either which is sad because at it's base I do enjoy the game.

>

> But you still post on the forums?

> Look at the demands people are throwing at them. Then think why they are keeping quiet.

> This forum is hardly the welcome wagon.

> The demands and reasons for these demands from the skill nerfs, to the skyscale to this saying that if things don't change people have/will quit is preposterous. Totally and utterly preposterous. And if you want a cool word, *lame*

> It is past trolling and flaming.

>

I still post on the forums because like I said I like the game at it's core and want to see it do better. It's not preposterous that we quit, it's just logical. My buddies and I were not happy with the state of the game. We have no idea where it's going or if things will change so we moved on. That just makes sense to do.

Anet is not some special case. Every game receives harsh feedback and unreasonable change suggestions. There are *lots* of game devs that manage and communicate well with their community regardless. The fact they choose to just give up and go silent instead of working through the issues when they stumble rubs me the wrong way. I know it can be done better they just cant be bothered to figure it out.

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"zealex.9410" said:

> > @"Dami.5046" said:

> > > @"Zexanima.7851" said:

> > > Their lack of communication is a detriment to the game and is a good chunk of the reason my friends and I no longer play. This isn't likely to change either which is sad because at it's base I do enjoy the game.

> >

> > But you still post on the forums?

> > Look at the demands people are throwing at them. Then think why they are keeping quiet.

> > This forum is hardly the welcome wagon.

> > The demands and reasons for these demands from the skill nerfs, to the skyscale to this saying that if things don't change people have/will quit is preposterous. Totally and utterly preposterous. And if you want a cool word, *lame*

> > It is past trolling and flaming.

> >

>

> If he/she didnt post on the forums it would mean he or she has already quit the game and moved on.

>

> The examples you bring arent unique to gw2 and are a loud minority, i dont think its acceptable for anyone to act like that but devs shouldn't base their entire communication policy around these pll when much more can be understanding and cooperative.

>

> Most ppl that say "ill quit if x" dont quit, vayne saw the lack of raods as a selling point yet 7 wings in hes still here. If someone is gonna quit over someone they arent gonna be silly about it, they will just quit.

I assure you, I no longer play. You're welcome to add my account in game and you'll see that I never longer log in. It's not even installed on my machine. The reason I still contribute to the forum is, like I said, I still like the game at it's core and want to see it do better. If things change for the better I'm not against coming back. There are plenty of games I don't play but I still keep up with.

> @"Zexanima.7851" said:

> > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > @"Dami.5046" said:

> > > > @"Zexanima.7851" said:

> > > > Their lack of communication is a detriment to the game and is a good chunk of the reason my friends and I no longer play. This isn't likely to change either which is sad because at it's base I do enjoy the game.

> > >

> > > But you still post on the forums?

> > > Look at the demands people are throwing at them. Then think why they are keeping quiet.

> > > This forum is hardly the welcome wagon.

> > > The demands and reasons for these demands from the skill nerfs, to the skyscale to this saying that if things don't change people have/will quit is preposterous. Totally and utterly preposterous. And if you want a cool word, *lame*

> > > It is past trolling and flaming.

> > >

> >

> > If he/she didnt post on the forums it would mean he or she has already quit the game and moved on.

> >

> > The examples you bring arent unique to gw2 and are a loud minority, i dont think its acceptable for anyone to act like that but devs shouldn't base their entire communication policy around these pll when much more can be understanding and cooperative.

> >

> > Most ppl that say "ill quit if x" dont quit, vayne saw the lack of raods as a selling point yet 7 wings in hes still here. If someone is gonna quit over someone they arent gonna be silly about it, they will just quit.

>

> I assure you, I no longer play. You're welcome to add my account in game and you'll see that I never longer log in. It's not even installed on my machine. The reason I still contribute to the forum is, like I said, I still like the game at it's core and want to see it do better. If things change for the better I'm not against coming back. There are plenty of games I don't play but I still keep up with.

I personally view this you not having moved on from the game completely. Depends from person to person i supose but i personally dont touch the game except for every lw update and then its a day or 2 max before i quit again. I havent moved on tho and i try to give feedback to improve the game.

> @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> > I'm not sure why players are expecting information on content that would be released a year to 2 years from now (what's coming after Season 5). Other than (Core) Guild Wars 2 has ArenaNet ever announced their plans so far in advance?

> Yes. Before HoT launch they did mention there will be more expacs than one. The first definite mentions about season 5 were a year ago as well (so, since ls5 is not in yet, at least over a year in advance). Notice, by the way, that since then we didn't get any further updates on story content at all, and that S4 ended up cleanly, without any hints about future content, which wasn't the case since the core personal story -> LS1 transition. For nearly 7 years we've had the situation where an ending of a story arc (be it LS season, or expac story) teased what will come next. And now, suddenly, we're left with nothing.

> It's not surprising it makes many people worried.

>

> > @"Vayne.8563" said:

> > So what if Anet is trying stuff with Season 5 to see if they can do it, or we'd like it, and they can't decide exactly where to go from there, because they don't yet know our reaction to it? It's just so amorphous.

> Then we're in big trouble, because it would mean there would be a massive content drought after season 5. They can't start developing content that will come after s5 only after s5 - the development cycle is way too long for that (from what we've seen and heard so far it's over 2 years for an expac, and ~6 months for LS chapter - the second is the reason why they had two LS teams working in parallel). They do have to start it way before it will get launched.

>

> It might have been reasonable to use season 5 as a sounding board for what comes after expac 3, for example, but not for using it to decide whether we should get expac 3 or season 6. They really need to know the answer for that one already - because if they aren't doing expac 3 right now, for example, they _won't have the option to choose_ when the time comes.

>

> > Stephen King, when he writes, compared his writing to excavating a dinosaur. Piers Anthony outlines every single detail and rarely changes anything. When Piers Anthony submits an outline to a publisher, the book they get precisely matches the outline. The same can't be said for Stephen King, who like many creative people (including myself) discover as they go. There are advantages and disadvantages to doing it both ways.

> True, but you don't start writing that book a week before it's going to get published. And that's what you suggest Anet's doing right now.

>

>

I think this was the first 'definite mention' of Season 5: https://www.mmorpg.com/guild-wars-2/interviews/guild-wars-2-gamescom-2018-interview-looking-back-at-living-world-1000012975#kpf1L7dt7YIYhFa5.99, then confirmed on the forums here: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/660876#Comment_660876

Thanks for mentioning wvw. All non-NA timezones are almost completely collapsed. A few stable servers reap all the power and fun while zombieland servers suffer. My guild is literally hanging out in discord as friends until we can find another game. There is so little focus put into wvw, but tbh it's never been priority like pve. It has the potential, and always did, to be such a better mode if they listened to veteran players. Matchmaking and map cap sizes need a real fix and now. It's simply not realistic to expect 12 servers to even field organized 70-80 ppl blobs 24/7 anymore (not that it was ever fun like that). The game sees its better group play in 10v10 to 20v20. Bring the map population cap down to 50 per map and for god sakes, at least delete two tiers, make transfers free each month, or implement alliances. DO SOMETHING.

> @"maddoctor.2738" said:

> > @"Vayne.8563" said:

> > So what I said was factually true. We didn't know before the first expansion that an expansion was coming until it came, in spite of the fact that the forums were chock full of people demanding an expansion and demanding to know. There were far more posts about expansions back then then there are now, and they still kept the secret.

> >

> > But I really do think they're going to try something newish in Season 5 and that based on that reaction they'll decide what they're doing to do. I can't back it up, more than seeing how the company has worked all along, but I will say this is what I think is going on.

>

> We knew before the first expansion that an expansion was coming, in fact it was announced 9 months earlier.

> I'm a bit confused now, were there posts about expansion during Season 1 and the 2-week release schedule?

>

> So they are waiting to figure out what to do after Season 5 is over... after Season 5 is over. Great long term planning right there

No they have options and they're keeping their option open. Planning something set is stone in an MMO is moronic.

Edit: And my point was until that first announcement we didn't know if an expansion was coming even though people were demanding one for months. We didn't know UNTIL the announcement . That's all I've ever said.

> @"Zuldari.3940" said:

> > @"bluberblasen.9684" said:

> > They have no time because they are busy with the BIG WVW ALLIANCE UPDATE and the PVP rebalance !!!!!!!!!111111111111111111

>

> Ohh i cant wait, i was talking to the wvw teams in discord and everyone is clamoring for alliances, unfortunately many dont think they will happen.

Just delete those two junk modes from the game. Nothing but complete boredom (WvW) or complete toxicity (PvP). Stop wasting time and resources on those. Focus on expansion 3, new elite specs, possibly new weapons, new features, new races, new maps, and quality of life fixes on existing content.

Can't stand when they waste time on those other two piece of trash modes that do nothing for the game. WvW will NEVER be anything but repetitive and PvP players will NEVER be satisfied with balancing or any other change. Forget them. Worry about the bulk of the game that actually matters.

> @"zealex.9410" said:

> > @"Vayne.8563" said:

> > > @"maddoctor.2738" said:

> > > > @"Vayne.8563" said:

> > > > Then Anet announced the expansion, I think it was at Pax East and suddenly everything turned around.

> > >

> > > Heart of Thorns was officially announced in January 2015, 9 months before the actual release:

> > >

> > > Also, it was revealed at the end of Season 2 (last episode released 1 day before the above video) that we are getting an expansion.

> > >

> > > > We didn't at that time know there would be more than one expansion

> > >

> > > At that time no. But it was revealed by MO during an AMA that we are getting a second expansion. That AMA was on March 2016, just 5 months after Heart of Thorns was released. What did we get 5 months after Path of Fire? Back then, we knew we'd be getting another one, and it was one and a half year before that expansion was actually released.

> > >

> > > Reference:

> > > What matters for this discussion:

> > > > We have about 120 devs working on the live game, 70 devs on Expac2, and 30 devs on core teams that support both.

> >

> > So what I said was factually true. We didn't know before the first expansion that an expansion was coming until it came, in spite of the fact that the forums were chock full of people demanding an expansion and demanding to know. There were far more posts about expansions back then then there are now, and they still kept the secret.

> >

> > But I really do think they're going to try something newish in Season 5 and that based on that reaction they'll decide what they're doing to do. I can't back it up, more than seeing how the company has worked all along, but I will say this is what I think is going on.

>

> Thats a terrible plan because that wont gove anet enough time to bake anything for a timely release after se5.

> @"zealex.9410" said:

> > @"Vayne.8563" said:

> > > > Then Anet announced the expansion, I think it was at Pax East and suddenly everything turned around.

> > >

> > > Heart of Thorns was officially announced in January 2015, 9 months before the actual release:

> > >

> > > Also, it was revealed at the end of Season 2 (last episode released 1 day before the above video) that we are getting an expansion.

> > >

> > >

> > > At that time no. But it was revealed by MO during an AMA that we are getting a second expansion. That AMA was on March 2016, just 5 months after Heart of Thorns was released. What did we get 5 months after Path of Fire? Back then, we knew we'd be getting another one, and it was one and a half year before that expansion was actually released.

> > >

> > > Reference:

> > > > We have about 120 devs working on the live game, 70 devs on Expac2, and 30 devs on core teams that support both.

> >

> >

>

> Thats a terrible plan because that wont gove anet enough time to bake anything for a timely release after se5.

I think you guys don't have a clue what I'm talking about. I'm going to try this one more time.

Anet plans for a number of contingencies, like most companies have to. They have ways they can go. It's like a political debate. You go in not quite knowing how the reaction will be, and then you make plans based on the reaction to get the most votes. Decent companies sort of have to do this.

They lay the groundwork for something that can go either way. They don't start from scratch. They see the results of what they do and then modify what they're doing to go the way they want it too. You're making it sound like Season 5 is all coming in at once. If it takes a year to delivery all of season five and it might, and they know a reaction to what they're doing in three months, they still have 9 months before it ends to make whatever changes are necessary to what's coming. This whole if there's no fixed plan nothing can happen is ridiculous.

More to the point, if there is a fixed plan and they plan for something and it doesn't work out, at that point they are literally starting over. I'd wager inflexible companies that haven't built in ways to adapt to that are over all less successful longer term, because sooner or later, something comes out that's going to bite you in the kitten.

It's a terrible plan to have one plan and be locked into it too early. That's truly a terrible plan.

> @"ScyeRynn.4218" said:

> > @"Zuldari.3940" said:

> > > @"bluberblasen.9684" said:

> > > They have no time because they are busy with the BIG WVW ALLIANCE UPDATE and the PVP rebalance !!!!!!!!!111111111111111111

> >

> > Ohh i cant wait, i was talking to the wvw teams in discord and everyone is clamoring for alliances, unfortunately many dont think they will happen.

>

> Just delete those two junk modes from the game. Nothing but complete boredom (WvW) or complete toxicity (PvP). Stop wasting time and resources on those. Focus on expansion 3, new elite specs, possibly new weapons, new features, new races, new maps, and quality of life fixes on existing content.

>

> Can't stand when they waste time on those other two piece of trash modes that do nothing for the game. WvW will NEVER be anything but repetitive and PvP players will NEVER be satisfied with balancing or any other change. Forget them. Worry about the bulk of the game that actually matters.

PvP has this issue on a global gaming level, WoW, ESO, Overwatch, theres always going to be imbalances around. It's been that way since they added class diversity into games, and will always be an issue, despite complaints a lot of people have accepted this. Now if you take out PvP/WvW you'll be damning a lot of players who enjoy these modes and I can guarantee you players will find something else to complain about. Your solution is unrealistic.

I have been on other gaming forums in the past & quite honestly I will admit compared to this one, there was alot more direct interaction between the actual people representing the company & their player base. The GW2 forum feels more like a ghost town by comparison (just my opinion) in this regard.

If ANET is actually actively participating in the topics (but not using an official title to represent the company) then it creates even more confusion because nobody knows if were speaking to another random player or an actual person with some influence behind them on changes to the game. It would be nice to see a little more response/interaction from the company directly in the forums with official representation.

> @"CJH.2879" said:

> I have been on other gaming forums in the past & quite honestly I will admit compared to this one, there was alot more direct interaction between the actual people representing the company & their player base. The GW2 forum feels more like a ghost town by comparison (just my opinion) in this regard.

>

> If ANET is actually actively participating in the topics (but not using an official title to represent the company) then it creates even more confusion because nobody knows if were speaking to another random player or an actual person with some influence behind them on changes to the game. It would be nice to see a little more response/interaction from the company directly in the forums with official representation.

I agree 100%. I'm sure there is a reason for it, other than people saying 'Games dead'. Whether or not it's a valid reason is another question. I don't really have any guesses here, I just hope we get some kind of communication soon. Just interactions in general.

> @"zealex.9410" said:

> > @"Vayne.8563" said:

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > Reference:

> >

> >

>

Wont it be like right now after season 4, world boss rush, meta event rush, dragon bash, world boss rush, something, festivals of the 4 winds something something something halloween, something something wintersday?

> @"Linken.6345" said:

> > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > @"Vayne.8563" said:

> > > > @"maddoctor.2738" said:

> > > > > @"Vayne.8563" said:

> > > > > Then Anet announced the expansion, I think it was at Pax East and suddenly everything turned around.

> > > >

> > > > Heart of Thorns was officially announced in January 2015, 9 months before the actual release:

> > > >

> > > > Also, it was revealed at the end of Season 2 (last episode released 1 day before the above video) that we are getting an expansion.

> > > >

> > > > > We didn't at that time know there would be more than one expansion

> > > >

> > > > At that time no. But it was revealed by MO during an AMA that we are getting a second expansion. That AMA was on March 2016, just 5 months after Heart of Thorns was released. What did we get 5 months after Path of Fire? Back then, we knew we'd be getting another one, and it was one and a half year before that expansion was actually released.

> > > >

> > > > Reference:

> > > > What matters for this discussion:

> > > > > We have about 120 devs working on the live game, 70 devs on Expac2, and 30 devs on core teams that support both.

> > >

> > > So what I said was factually true. We didn't know before the first expansion that an expansion was coming until it came, in spite of the fact that the forums were chock full of people demanding an expansion and demanding to know. There were far more posts about expansions back then then there are now, and they still kept the secret.

> > >

> > > But I really do think they're going to try something newish in Season 5 and that based on that reaction they'll decide what they're doing to do. I can't back it up, more than seeing how the company has worked all along, but I will say this is what I think is going on.

> >

> > Thats a terrible plan because that wont gove anet enough time to bake anything for a timely release after se5.

>

> Wont it be like right now after season 4, world boss rush, meta event rush, dragon bash, world boss rush, something, festivals of the 4 winds something something something halloween, something something wintersday?

So basically content we've already played?

> @"Linken.6345" said:

> Wont it be like right now after season 4, world boss rush, meta event rush, dragon bash, world boss rush, something, festivals of the 4 winds something something something halloween, something something wintersday?

So, another half a year long (or longer) content drought? That definitely would end well [/sarcasm].

Personally i hope they will be able to show something around halloween at the latest - and preferably at or even before game launch anniversary.

> @"Alyster.9470" said:

> I appreciate the new events and stuff that has been going around, but can we FINALLY have something that states more than "there will be season 5"?

> Anet started to communicate a bit and give us what they want to do with the game "fairly same things they said in the past but ok..." but even that was something for us showing that they are at least trying to improve in communicating, knowing that people are concerned with the game. Now they went completely silent again... In one corner there are people screaming "nerf this nerf that", on the other "cantha expansion, tengu more tengu" and the poor wvw guys are just "alliances? update? plz???"

> Just give people something to look forward to...

>

> Sincerely,

> A bored player.

It's sad that some players get bored, maybe more easily than others, it can mean they need a break or a little change.

But imo this game is clearly better fun than others I tried. So yeah I'll stick with it with patience.

Maybe with patience we will see something more, and yes it's never too bad to have posts like these to poke their attention hehe

> @"coso.9173" said:

> dont we get news about updates when it's only a few weeks away? it's still not time to get the next chapter, if we go by the standard 3-4 months between I think.

We know five is coming. Beyond that we'd only get a teaser 2 weeks before and a trailer the week before.

> @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > @"Linken.6345" said:

> > Wont it be like right now after season 4, world boss rush, meta event rush, dragon bash, world boss rush, something, festivals of the 4 winds something something something halloween, something something wintersday?

> So, another half a year long (or longer) content drought? That definitely would end well [/sarcasm].

> Personally i hope they will be able to show something around halloween at the latest - and preferably at or even before game launch anniversary.

>

The assumptions in this thread are amazing. Yes they're giving us stuff to do before the Season starts, but Dragon Bash is completely new this time around. Honestly it's not like we're not seeing new stuff even now. It might not be the stuff you want, but I'm beginning to think that nothing will satisify this community.

> @"Zexanima.7851" said:

>

> I still post on the forums because like I said I like the game at it's core and want to see it do better. It's not preposterous that we quit, it's just logical. My buddies and I were not happy with the state of the game. We have no idea where it's going or if things will change so we moved on. That just makes sense to do.

I also quit playing the game when the Skyscale Collection came out. I still have the game installed and I've logged in to get my free fireworks but I haven't actually played since the end of May. I also check the forums in hopes things will improve/change to give me a reason to play. I spent money on Gems each month, so my bank account has been better since I quit. Although the Steam sale didn't help this month.

> @"Vayne.8563" said:

> > @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > > @"Linken.6345" said:

> > > Wont it be like right now after season 4, world boss rush, meta event rush, dragon bash, world boss rush, something, festivals of the 4 winds something something something halloween, something something wintersday?

> > So, another half a year long (or longer) content drought? That definitely would end well [/sarcasm].

> > Personally i hope they will be able to show something around halloween at the latest - and preferably at or even before game launch anniversary.

> >

>

> The assumptions in this thread are amazing. Yes they're giving us stuff to do before the Season starts, but Dragon Bash is completely new this time around. Honestly it's not like we're not seeing new stuff even now. It might not be the stuff you want, but I'm beginning to think that nothing will satisify this community.

Yey a new festival! such content much wow trully the moa races is what ive been longing for. And yes, the assumptions in this thread are idd amazing.

I agree with what a lot of streamer and, my guild I’m a part of say. Anet For some reason does not want this game to be better for the vets. As for new players it’s a fantastic game. But as for vets who’ve done multiple game modes into gw2 there isn’t much to do.

Pvp has only been given one new map in the past couple years.

Wvw alliance still hasn’t happened, and Anet announced this project 2 years ago. Lay offs aside and that has still been a year and a half.

Raid. Only 1 wing in what? 8-9 months? And they only gave us 3 bosses. And these bosses are far easier then w5 which made us roll through the wing.

Fractals. Since pof launch we have only been given 3-4 new fractals in the past almost 2 years? So..... 5-6 months to make 1 short fractal? We got new instabilities but instead of these mechanics they added, they didn’t give more maps with these features they added.

So as players who get ascended equipment like hot cakes, done world bosses and metas eleventy million times. Done pvp multiple times with the same few maps. Wvw with the same game modes. Raiding with the same 7 wings. what is there to do? Legendaries? Just stat swappable ascended, Don’t need it. Fractals? For what when you have gold. Dungeons? Only couple dungeons where you actually need runes for the build.

So what do vets do? They leave. Not because it’s a bad game. But because after you finish all raid cms, finish fractals and cms, finish dungeons 1000 times. Pvp, wvw. There’s nothing to do. Gw2 doesn’t have enough for people to stay. The end game loot, or the needs to keep people going is not much for us to keep playing.

And to top it all off Anets words are butchered. First Anet says these lay offs will not effect anything of gw2. We still plan on making season 5. So guess what happens. Anet holds onto skyscale and delays the release. Anet then delays the webcast they usually do. Anet then says in the future what’s to come and announces the new episode will be delayed because of lay offs. So what is it Anet? Why lie to community and say gw2 will not be affected but then the new releases have been delayed? All I want is honesty.

Do not say gw2 will not be affected then delay the content of what is to come out. Do not say gw2 is not affected then let the people who have been working for Anet since gw1 get laid off. Then after Anet let this ghetto talk to their community happen, they will not talk at all.

As far as why Anet will not talk who knows. They truly should since this is their most crucial time. Because of the lay offs, and because Anets release dates of new content are God awful. And because Anet did not announce an expansion. No vet within game is truly motivated, and no vet within game truly thinks gw2 will keep going after season 5. Why? Because Anet does not communicate.

Anet communicate, communicate, communicate. Do not wait for webcasts. Talk everywhere, forums, Reddit, Twitter, YouTube etc.

> @"Vayne.8563" said:

> > @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > > @"Linken.6345" said:

> > > Wont it be like right now after season 4, world boss rush, meta event rush, dragon bash, world boss rush, something, festivals of the 4 winds something something something halloween, something something wintersday?

> > So, another half a year long (or longer) content drought? That definitely would end well [/sarcasm].

> > Personally i hope they will be able to show something around halloween at the latest - and preferably at or even before game launch anniversary.

> >

>

> The assumptions in this thread are amazing. Yes they're giving us stuff to do before the Season starts, but Dragon Bash is completely new this time around. Honestly it's not like we're not seeing new stuff even now. It might not be the stuff you want, but I'm beginning to think that nothing will satisify this community.

It's the way most people have always been. They are blind to it if it's not what they want. For them, it simply doesn't exist; it's part of the agenda to basically lie as some sort of guilt inducting tactic to get Anet to do what they want.

> @"zealex.9410" said:

> > @"Vayne.8563" said:

> > > @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > > > @"Linken.6345" said:

> > > > Wont it be like right now after season 4, world boss rush, meta event rush, dragon bash, world boss rush, something, festivals of the 4 winds something something something halloween, something something wintersday?

> > > So, another half a year long (or longer) content drought? That definitely would end well [/sarcasm].

> > > Personally i hope they will be able to show something around halloween at the latest - and preferably at or even before game launch anniversary.

> > >

> >

> > The assumptions in this thread are amazing. Yes they're giving us stuff to do before the Season starts, but Dragon Bash is completely new this time around. Honestly it's not like we're not seeing new stuff even now. It might not be the stuff you want, but I'm beginning to think that nothing will satisify this community.

>

> Yey a new festival! such content much wow trully the moa races is what ive been longing for. And yes, the assumptions in this thread are idd amazing.

Because no one has fun with festival stuff and more people enjoy raids? Too many people like festivals and enjoy them to even have this discussion. Sure a living world chapter is going to be more popular than a festival, but if you were paying attention at all to say the chatter on reddit pre-festival, people were excited this was coming back. You may not care about the race or the adventure, but it took me a while to get the adventure and my wife has been playing it every day. I've gotten the race down to 1:11 on my main account. Admittedly I don't love the holographic stampede, but I have people in my guild who are enjoying the moa race, and others who like the arena. Yes, it's content. It may not be your content, but then it's likely that your content isn't going to be my content. Sneering at content because it's not your specific content, when there are so many people playing that content is simply misleading. It's not like a festival we get every year and they brought it back, and yes, that takes work....but you don't see to care about that work. Others do.