Feeding your Skyscale

The achievement comes in 2 parts.

The skyscale treats you gather from killing various creatures is uncapped. You may feed as many of these as you like, and it will still count.

The skyscale food you make from charged quartz is capped at 4 per day (I think). Come back tomorrow.

The cap is now that you can feed it every two hours (which is an in-game day cycle so it still reflects the character taking time to raise the skyscale) and it's four of those per real life day total.

(Edited for clarity since one or two people seem very confused by the original phrasing and the goal is to help new readers understand).

> @"Donari.5237" said:

> The cap is now that you can feed it every two hours (an in-game day) and I think yes, it's 4 per day total? I'm not sure, I did it when it was once a RL day.

No. Feeding is only 4x per day. This takes 3 days to complete. Used to be 3x per day.

Each stage of the Skyscale achievements may be started 2 hours after completing previous tier or after daily reset. Feeding only completes once you’ve fed it 12 times.

> @"Haleydawn.3764" said:

> > @"Donari.5237" said:

> > The cap is now that you can feed it every two hours (an in-game day) and I think yes, it's 4 per day total? I'm not sure, I did it when it was once a RL day.

>

> No. Feeding is only 4x per day. This takes 3 days to complete. Used to be 3x per day.

>

> Each stage of the Skyscale achievements may be started 2 hours after completing previous tier or after daily reset. Feeding only completes once you’ve fed it 12 times.

Thanks, that's what I said -- I meant a total of 4 per day even though there are more than four sets of two hours in a day :) I appreciate the confirmation though and apologize for my confusing phrasing.

> @"Donari.5237" said:

> > @"Haleydawn.3764" said:

> > > @"Donari.5237" said:

> > > The cap is now that you can feed it every two hours (an in-game day) and I think yes, it's 4 per day total? I'm not sure, I did it when it was once a RL day.

> >

> > No. Feeding is only 4x per day. This takes 3 days to complete. Used to be 3x per day.

> >

> > Each stage of the Skyscale achievements may be started 2 hours after completing previous tier or after daily reset. Feeding only completes once you’ve fed it 12 times.

>

> Thanks, that's what I said -- I meant a total of 4 per day even though there are more than four sets of two hours in a day :) I appreciate the confirmation though and apologize for my confusing phrasing.

Still missing the point. No it’s not what you said.

Feeding is 4 per Real Life Day, not in-game day. It takes a **minimum of 3x24hr** periods to finish Raising Skyscales.

Once you finish each meta achievement (Saving Skyscales, Raising Skyscales, Troublesome Skyscales, Riding Skyscales.) you then have 2 hrs wait to start the next meta achievement.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Skyscale#Unlock_achievements

Guess I still wasn't clear that when I said 4/day the "Day" was *RL* given that I mentioned two hours as an in-game day then said there were more than four of those in a day, meaning RL. Anyway, I hope the actual time-span requirements are clear for others in the thread.

> @"Donari.5237" said:

> Guess I still wasn't clear that when I said 4/day the "Day" was *RL* given that I mentioned two hours as an in-game day then said there were more than four of those in a day, meaning RL. Anyway, I hope the actual time-span requirements are clear for others in the thread.

Yea if you had left out the 2hour in game day you would have been correct.

But how you stated it, you added in infromation that was not relevant and could confuse new players.

• 5 months later...

> @"Westenev.5289" said:

> The achievement comes in 2 parts.

>

> The skyscale treats you gather from killing various creatures is uncapped. You may feed as many of these as you like, and it will still count.

>

> The skyscale food you make from charged quartz is capped at 4 per day (I think). Come back tomorrow.

Is it possible to get more treat drops even though I have the achievement for the treat collection.

> @"Viktor Darkraven.7536" said:

> > @"Westenev.5289" said:

> > The achievement comes in 2 parts.

> >

> > The skyscale treats you gather from killing various creatures is uncapped. You may feed as many of these as you like, and it will still count.

> >

> > The skyscale food you make from charged quartz is capped at 4 per day (I think). Come back tomorrow.

>

> Is it possible to get more treat drops even though I have the achievement for the treat collection.

Nope. Once you finish a collection, all of its associated events and collection items aren't repeatable.

> @"Viktor Darkraven.7536" said:

> Are skyscale treats a major part of feeding it because I may have messed up by feeding all in one setting and now I have no idea what to do. Is it even possible to get more dropped from mobs or is it done once you get the achievement for the collection.

There's three parts to the Raising Skyscales achievement: Toys, Treats and food (Care). The first two can be done all in one go, if you want to - just collect and hand over the toys and treats. The third one is time-gated. You need to give your skyscale 12 [pieces of food](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Piece_of_Skyscale_Food) but you can only give 4 per day, so it will take a minimum of 3 days to complete it.

If you've given it 4 pieces of food today wait until after the daily reset and give it another 4, then do the same again and the achievement will complete. (And if you've only given it treats and no food you need to start giving it food too.)

As others have said;, the "feeding" is separate from the treats. The feeding is time-based. The treats can all be given at once. Also, the "system" will not let you over-feed. You lose the ability to give more food after the four pieces. It comes back when the time cap is reached.

Correction, you don't have to wait three RL days, just three Tyrian days. So two hours after you do one bit, you can do the next. (It was originally three RL days and they reduced it based on feedback).

Edit: I am corrected below, as it seems I was before (sorry, sorry, didn't realize it was a necro'd thread or I'd have read through it better before a late-night posting). Apparently there is still a reset cooldown on part of it, which I once again forgot since I did the collection under the original system. Hopefully I've internalized the correct information this time.

> @"Donari.5237" said:

> Correction, you don't have to wait three RL days, just three Tyrian days. So two hours after you do one bit, you can do the next. (It was originally three RL days and they reduced it based on feedback).

Again, NO!

Apologies for harshness, not specifically at you. This has been stated and corrected **in this tread**, as well as in *multiple other threads*.

The time gate that was reduced to "a tyrian day" was *between collections*. The feeding is still gated by daily reset.

The change they did to speed up the feeding was to go from 3 food/day to 4 food/day (reducing the process by one *real life* day).