Battle Royale

Sovereign.1093

> @"Sovereign.1093" said:

> group of atleast 3 to 10 aiming to be the last man of the map, which becomes smaller over time so players are forced to fight and upon ending 1 team wins. if you get killed, its gg for you (double down). but if down can be ressed.

>

> queue up like spvp but in a wvw map.

>

> as much as 10 teams of 10. to as little aa 10 teams of 3.

>

> what u think?

This is the wvwvw blobvblobvblob fight zone thread section. U should ask for 10v10v10v10v10v10v10v10v10v10 elimination gvg BR stuff in the e-sports section here... https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/categories/pvp

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"geist.4126" said:

> Battle Royal? Please, no. Not another kitten game like Fortnite etc.

=) it could be better.

fortnite has 250m players.for wvw full queue 24 hours 9 tiers including eu.

3 x 100 x 2 x 12 x 9 = 64800 for a full 24/7 queue on all maps.

and we dont get this kind of population anymore.

> @"Swagger.1459" said:

> > @"Sovereign.1093" said:

> > group of atleast 3 to 10 aiming to be the last man of the map, which becomes smaller over time so players are forced to fight and upon ending 1 team wins. if you get killed, its gg for you (double down). but if down can be ressed.

> >

> > queue up like spvp but in a wvw map.

> >

> > as much as 10 teams of 10. to as little aa 10 teams of 3.

> >

> > what u think?

>

> This is the wvwvw blobvblobvblob fight zone thread section. U should ask for 10v10v10v10v10v10v10v10v10v10 elimination gvg BR stuff in the e-sports section here... https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/categories/pvp

meh, thats per match, this one is all these groups can fight at the same time.

> > @"Swagger.1459" said:

> > > @"Sovereign.1093" said:

> > > group of atleast 3 to 10 aiming to be the last man of the map, which becomes smaller over time so players are forced to fight and upon ending 1 team wins. if you get killed, its gg for you (double down). but if down can be ressed.

> > >

> > > queue up like spvp but in a wvw map.

> > >

> > > as much as 10 teams of 10. to as little aa 10 teams of 3.

> > >

> > > what u think?

> >

> > This is the wvwvw blobvblobvblob fight zone thread section. U should ask for 10v10v10v10v10v10v10v10v10v10 elimination gvg BR stuff in the e-sports section here... https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/categories/pvp

>

> meh, thats per match, this one is all these groups can fight at the same time.

Eh, u should still post your e-sport game idea in https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/categories/pvp

> @"Swagger.1459" said:

> > > @"Swagger.1459" said:

> > > > @"Sovereign.1093" said:

> > > > group of atleast 3 to 10 aiming to be the last man of the map, which becomes smaller over time so players are forced to fight and upon ending 1 team wins. if you get killed, its gg for you (double down). but if down can be ressed.

> > > >

> > > > queue up like spvp but in a wvw map.

> > > >

> > > > as much as 10 teams of 10. to as little aa 10 teams of 3.

> > > >

> > > > what u think?

> > >

> > > This is the wvwvw blobvblobvblob fight zone thread section. U should ask for 10v10v10v10v10v10v10v10v10v10 elimination gvg BR stuff in the e-sports section here... https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/categories/pvp

> >

> > meh, thats per match, this one is all these groups can fight at the same time.

>

> Eh, u should still post your e-sport game idea in https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/categories/pvp

not really into pvp.

=) hence this.

> > > > @"Swagger.1459" said:

> > > > > @"Sovereign.1093" said:

> > > > > group of atleast 3 to 10 aiming to be the last man of the map, which becomes smaller over time so players are forced to fight and upon ending 1 team wins. if you get killed, its gg for you (double down). but if down can be ressed.

> > > > >

> > > > > queue up like spvp but in a wvw map.

> > > > >

> > > > > as much as 10 teams of 10. to as little aa 10 teams of 3.

> > > > >

> > > > > what u think?

> > > >

> > > > This is the wvwvw blobvblobvblob fight zone thread section. U should ask for 10v10v10v10v10v10v10v10v10v10 elimination gvg BR stuff in the e-sports section here... https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/categories/pvp

> > >

> > > meh, thats per match, this one is all these groups can fight at the same time.

> >

> > Eh, u should still post your e-sport game idea in https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/categories/pvp

>

> not really into pvp.

>

> =) hence this.

Dont matter if u into pvp. U not getting esports broyal esport mode inside of or 4 wvwvw. U think wvwvw dead now so u want gimmick 10v10v10v... and on... queue gvg pvp mode stuff? Ask in pvp bc u prob want ladder, amulet armors and special title 2 go along with it 2.

> @"Swagger.1459" said:

> > group of atleast 3 to 10 aiming to be the last man of the map, which becomes smaller over time so players are forced to fight and upon ending 1 team wins. if you get killed, its gg for you (double down). but if down can be ressed.

> >

> > queue up like spvp but in a wvw map.

> >

> > as much as 10 teams of 10. to as little aa 10 teams of 3.

> >

> > what u think?

>

> This is the wvwvw blobvblobvblob fight zone thread section. U should ask for 10v10v10v10v10v10v10v10v10v10 elimination gvg BR stuff in the e-sports section here... https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/categories/pvp

This actually sounds interesting to watch. I don't tend to watch gaming leagues but a 10v10v10v10v10v10v10v10v10v10

Oganized guild tournament with a map designed around this could be cool.

What's a ten sided shape called? Well whatever it is we have a large arena like that with different platforms all over. Each team gets a side they start on as the storm gets smaller. Last guild standing wins.

You can really spice this up by adding a new set of unique Siege weapons here as well

I've never even played a BR game, but I can honestly imagine it being pretty fun with GW2's system. Just as a way to quickly get some casual small-scale fights. At this point it's probably not a good use of developer hours, but it's an interesting thought to entertain.

> @"Swagger.1459" said:

> > > > > @"Swagger.1459" said:

> > > > > > @"Sovereign.1093" said:

> > > > > > group of atleast 3 to 10 aiming to be the last man of the map, which becomes smaller over time so players are forced to fight and upon ending 1 team wins. if you get killed, its gg for you (double down). but if down can be ressed.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > queue up like spvp but in a wvw map.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > as much as 10 teams of 10. to as little aa 10 teams of 3.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > what u think?

> > > > >

> > > > > This is the wvwvw blobvblobvblob fight zone thread section. U should ask for 10v10v10v10v10v10v10v10v10v10 elimination gvg BR stuff in the e-sports section here... https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/categories/pvp

> > > >

> > > > meh, thats per match, this one is all these groups can fight at the same time.

> > >

> > > Eh, u should still post your e-sport game idea in https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/categories/pvp

> >

> > not really into pvp.

> >

> > =) hence this.

>

> Dont matter if u into pvp. U not getting esports broyal esport mode inside of or 4 wvwvw. U think wvwvw dead now so u want gimmick 10v10v10v... and on... queue gvg pvp mode stuff? Ask in pvp bc u prob want ladder, amulet armors and special title 2 go along with it 2.

no. just ppl go in and fight at the same time. just a royal rumble with the current system.

> @"Swagger.1459" said:

> Yeah cool. Esports got flushed but let’s make esports gvg ladder broy while wvwvw rots away. Great idea!

=) not ladder. everyone starts in a zone they like and then find each other in the map that becomes smaller ever 2 minutes or so, so they are forced to fight. who ends up alive in the end wins.

well wvw is dead unless there is a form of recognized tournament where players are given recognition x guilds.

Honestly in the end the wvw that we have now minus scourge aoe condi spam,fb combo and with rev hammer nerfed all forcing zergs to be mostly melee focused battles with backline rangers and the few other range type specs hitting for ranged pressure would prob scratch the itch. The concept of wvw is sweet but the way certain specs and mounts have been implemented and how their mechanics mesh with wvw ie fb/scourge and rev(hammer) have turned wvw onto a pirate ship type aoe spam fest of garbage lol too bar really.

> @"derd.6413" said:

> i generally disagree, server linking seems more like anet trying t solve population imbalances rater then bend to the will of the masses

>

Correct & Incorrect...imho

Server linking is ANet trying to solve population imbalance, based on the will of the masses...who got it wrong on how to fix WvW.

Insights provided below are over 2 years old & sadly...have come true.

History keeps repeating itself.

---

Players Voted for & Approved ANet to use World Linking to fix population imbalance.

World Linking was a Pandora’s Genie Crack Bottle….that should never have been opened…imho

2016-10-29 - 17:16:03 UTC

Copy & Paste Link

forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/NA-World-Linking-28-October/page/2#post6383415

---

ANet asked players what they wanted...and they overwhelming said we want 24/7 zerging & it didn't matter if you destroyed the WvW community ecosystem in the process.

Long Term WvW Ecosystem will depend upon ANet’s ability to skillfully manipulate Population & Score.

2016-06-11 - 18:09:27 UTC

Copy & Paste Link

forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/WvW-Poll-6-June-World-Linking-Schedule-CLOSED/page/5

---

> @"LetoII.3782" said:

> Snip 8<

>

> To paraphrase that great sage of our times, Jim Sterling:

>

> All the companies that tried to copy WoW, failed. Because all the customers that wanted WoW, already had WoW.

>

> Snip 8<

>

Agree...if you really want a Battle Royale game...go play Fortnite...and stop trolling ANet into doing something that destroys the long-term survival of our WvW game mode...imho

Fortnite Battle Royale = iPhone

WvW Battle Royale = BlackBerry

Trend-chasing is NOT the path for WvW to go down...

It's critical to note a single word that caught my attention...near the end of 1st video that the girl gamer mentions - Community

What previously made WvW appealing to it's dying community could probably be compared to why regular customers return to visit their local pub or tavern...it's the Long-Term social bonds...imho

ANet continue to implement changes that destroys the heart of the Long-Term WvW Communities that has allowed it to survive if they simply did nothing at all...based on my perspective.

WvW needs 5 simple steps to put it back on the right path & make it sustainable in the Long-Term...imho

Go play Fortnite if you want Battle Royale...

It's a different type of customer & community base that enjoys that game mode.

At this rate...the only players left...will be the ones that troll ANet & laugh at their Gem Store...because there's no reason to invest in the game to buy pretty things.

Fortnite World Cup: Battle royale as players compete for millions - BBC News

Fortnite World Cup Kicks Off With Prize Of $30M | TODAY

Yours truly,

Diku

Credibility requires critical insight & time.

> hell yes. =p and those games are thriving more than gw2.

So you're comparing dedicated BR games with all the development going into them, with an mmorpg? no shit they're thriving, until the hype's over... still, if I want to play BR I open one, not an mmorpg

> @"mbL.5962" said:

> > hell yes. =p and those games are thriving more than gw2.

>

> So you're comparing dedicated BR games with all the development going into them, with an mmorpg? no kitten they're thriving, until the hype's over... still, if I want to play BR I open one, not an mmorpg

be like microsoft. don't be the first, but certainly not be the last. innovate, make your own style work for you, and be a legend forever. :bleep_bloop:

240k ppl watching fortnite vs 240 ppl watching gw2. :astonished:

> > @"mbL.5962" said:

> > > hell yes. =p and those games are thriving more than gw2.

> >

> > So you're comparing dedicated BR games with all the development going into them, with an mmorpg? no kitten they're thriving, until the hype's over... still, if I want to play BR I open one, not an mmorpg

>

> be like microsoft. don't be the first, but certainly not be the last. innovate, make your own style work for you, and be a legend forever. :bleep_bloop:

>

> 240k ppl watching fortnite vs 240 ppl watching gw2. :astonished:

And look how Stronghold turned out in GW2...

> @"phokus.8934" said:

> > > @"mbL.5962" said:

> > > > hell yes. =p and those games are thriving more than gw2.

> > >

> > > So you're comparing dedicated BR games with all the development going into them, with an mmorpg? no kitten they're thriving, until the hype's over... still, if I want to play BR I open one, not an mmorpg

> >

> > be like microsoft. don't be the first, but certainly not be the last. innovate, make your own style work for you, and be a legend forever. :bleep_bloop:

> >

> > 240k ppl watching fortnite vs 240 ppl watching gw2. :astonished:

> And look how Stronghold turned out in GW2...

>

dunno about stronghold. :P what is that

> > @"phokus.8934" said:

> > > > @"mbL.5962" said:

> > > > > hell yes. =p and those games are thriving more than gw2.

> > > >

> > > > So you're comparing dedicated BR games with all the development going into them, with an mmorpg? no kitten they're thriving, until the hype's over... still, if I want to play BR I open one, not an mmorpg

> > >

> > > be like microsoft. don't be the first, but certainly not be the last. innovate, make your own style work for you, and be a legend forever. :bleep_bloop:

> > >

> > > 240k ppl watching fortnite vs 240 ppl watching gw2. :astonished:

> > And look how Stronghold turned out in GW2...

> >

>

> dunno about stronghold. :P what is that

Aftr all this time u dont kno what strnghold is? What srsly? https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Stronghold

And wvwvw is r version of rvrvr and it needs the dev money, not silly br stuff while wvwvw is mess. Go play fortnight n other br games if u want br.

> @"Swagger.1459" said:

> > > @"phokus.8934" said:

> > > > > @"mbL.5962" said:

> > > > > > hell yes. =p and those games are thriving more than gw2.

> > > > >

> > > > > So you're comparing dedicated BR games with all the development going into them, with an mmorpg? no kitten they're thriving, until the hype's over... still, if I want to play BR I open one, not an mmorpg

> > > >

> > > > be like microsoft. don't be the first, but certainly not be the last. innovate, make your own style work for you, and be a legend forever. :bleep_bloop:

> > > >

> > > > 240k ppl watching fortnite vs 240 ppl watching gw2. :astonished:

> > > And look how Stronghold turned out in GW2...

> > >

> >

> > dunno about stronghold. :P what is that

>

> Aftr all this time u dont kno what strnghold is? What srsly? https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Stronghold

>

> And wvwvw is r version of rvrvr and it needs the dev money, not silly br stuff while wvwvw is mess. Go play fortnight n other br games if u want br.

well i do actually play multiple games over different platforms.

oh you mean that pvp thing. yes, we loved that. used to farm players in it only. didnt really think about the points in pvp.

and well, i dont claim to know everything in gw2. i just know how to kill stuff. :/

and yes, i do play a br game. hence why it would be good to see it happen in gw2.

> > > > @"phokus.8934" said:

> > > > > > @"mbL.5962" said:

> > > > > > > @"Sovereign.1093" said:

> > > > > > > hell yes. =p and those games are thriving more than gw2.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > So you're comparing dedicated BR games with all the development going into them, with an mmorpg? no kitten they're thriving, until the hype's over... still, if I want to play BR I open one, not an mmorpg

> > > > >

> > > > > be like microsoft. don't be the first, but certainly not be the last. innovate, make your own style work for you, and be a legend forever. :bleep_bloop:

> > > > >

> > > > > 240k ppl watching fortnite vs 240 ppl watching gw2. :astonished:

> > > > And look how Stronghold turned out in GW2...

> > > >

> > >

> > > dunno about stronghold. :P what is that

> >

> > Aftr all this time u dont kno what strnghold is? What srsly? https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Stronghold

> >

> > And wvwvw is r version of rvrvr and it needs the dev money, not silly br stuff while wvwvw is mess. Go play fortnight n other br games if u want br.

>

> well i do actually play multiple games over different platforms.

>

> oh you mean that pvp thing. yes, we loved that. used to farm players in it only. didnt really think about the points in pvp.

>

> and well, i dont claim to know everything in gw2. i just know how to kill stuff. :/

>

> and yes, i do play a br game. hence why it would be good to see it happen in gw2.

>

>

Ur br problem solved then! U keep playing br games and let gw2 wvwvw rvrvr b gw2 wvwvw rvrvr... unless u want more gimmick failed esport mode lol... And if you do br mode, it only hurts wvwvw rvrvr and spvp pops more, then these modes really die and most 4 sure will go play CU rvrvr.

> @"Swagger.1459" said:

> > > > > @"phokus.8934" said:

> > > > > > > @"mbL.5962" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Sovereign.1093" said:

> > > > > > > > hell yes. =p and those games are thriving more than gw2.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > So you're comparing dedicated BR games with all the development going into them, with an mmorpg? no kitten they're thriving, until the hype's over... still, if I want to play BR I open one, not an mmorpg

> > > > > >

> > > > > > be like microsoft. don't be the first, but certainly not be the last. innovate, make your own style work for you, and be a legend forever. :bleep_bloop:

> > > > > >

> > > > > > 240k ppl watching fortnite vs 240 ppl watching gw2. :astonished:

> > > > > And look how Stronghold turned out in GW2...

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > dunno about stronghold. :P what is that

> > >

> > > Aftr all this time u dont kno what strnghold is? What srsly? https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Stronghold

> > >

> > > And wvwvw is r version of rvrvr and it needs the dev money, not silly br stuff while wvwvw is mess. Go play fortnight n other br games if u want br.

> >

> > well i do actually play multiple games over different platforms.

> >

> > oh you mean that pvp thing. yes, we loved that. used to farm players in it only. didnt really think about the points in pvp.

> >

> > and well, i dont claim to know everything in gw2. i just know how to kill stuff. :/

> >

> > and yes, i do play a br game. hence why it would be good to see it happen in gw2.

> >

> >

>

> Ur br problem solved then! U keep playing br games and let gw2 wvwvw rvrvr b gw2 wvwvw rvrvr... unless u want more gimmick failed esport mode lol... And if you do br mode, it only hurts wvwvw rvrvr and spvp pops more, then these modes really die and most 4 sure will go play CU rvrvr.

Meh, game could be better; the wvw aspect. :/ This could liven things up. As i see no future in gw2 wvw if there's no form of official tournaments and recognition. And on that note, I play the games I like. If devs don't do this, it's not my problem, at least I've given my feedback. if you don't like it, well i don't care. i'm not here to convince you and who are you to tell me to play another game?

> > > > @"Swagger.1459" said:

> > > > > > @"phokus.8934" said:

> > > > > > > @"Sovereign.1093" said:

> > > > > > > > @"mbL.5962" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Sovereign.1093" said:

> > > > > > > > > hell yes. =p and those games are thriving more than gw2.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > So you're comparing dedicated BR games with all the development going into them, with an mmorpg? no kitten they're thriving, until the hype's over... still, if I want to play BR I open one, not an mmorpg

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > be like microsoft. don't be the first, but certainly not be the last. innovate, make your own style work for you, and be a legend forever. :bleep_bloop:

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > 240k ppl watching fortnite vs 240 ppl watching gw2. :astonished:

> > > > > > And look how Stronghold turned out in GW2...

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > dunno about stronghold. :P what is that

> > > >

> > > > Aftr all this time u dont kno what strnghold is? What srsly? https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Stronghold

> > > >

> > > > And wvwvw is r version of rvrvr and it needs the dev money, not silly br stuff while wvwvw is mess. Go play fortnight n other br games if u want br.

> > >

> > > well i do actually play multiple games over different platforms.

> > >

> > > oh you mean that pvp thing. yes, we loved that. used to farm players in it only. didnt really think about the points in pvp.

> > >

> > > and well, i dont claim to know everything in gw2. i just know how to kill stuff. :/

> > >

> > > and yes, i do play a br game. hence why it would be good to see it happen in gw2.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Ur br problem solved then! U keep playing br games and let gw2 wvwvw rvrvr b gw2 wvwvw rvrvr... unless u want more gimmick failed esport mode lol... And if you do br mode, it only hurts wvwvw rvrvr and spvp pops more, then these modes really die and most 4 sure will go play CU rvrvr.

>

> Meh, game could be better; the wvw aspect. :/ This could liven things up. As i see no future in gw2 wvw if there's no form of official tournaments and recognition. And on that note, I play the games I like. If devs don't do this, it's not my problem, at least I've given my feedback. if you don't like it, well i don't care. i'm not here to convince you and who are you to tell me to play another game?

you realize "giving feedback" can also be given in the way of "we don't want it". just because you oppose the opinion doesnt need to mean that literally everyone's thrilled about a BR mode in an mmorpg.

On a side note, I play BR games aswell, but I don't want to see it in any mmorpg. that's just simply not where it belongs.