World Boss Rush and the World Boss Portal Device

I've always felt the 20 min on the WB Portal Device was too short. I'm noticing this time for the rush event, there are little helper things in the upper right hand corner that shows you where the next (current) bosses are. I also notice they pop up at 35 min out.

It would be nice if the WB Portal Device also let you go to bosses that are 35 min out.

> It would be nice if the WB Portal Device also let you go to bosses that are 35 min out.

Why? Isn't part of the point so you can port at the last minute?

For the plebes like me that don't own the portal device, the additional notice is helpful. (Although frankly, I find it more useful to use `/wiki et` or TaCO etc.)

I'm not against a change; I just don't understand why you think it's worth ANet's time to implement.

It would be nice to be able to use it to get a lift to Teq 35 min before it starts. I'm sure there are others that would benefit from being able to go early, even on the other HoT portal device. Clearly I wouldn't want them to change it if it means we don't get an expansion, but if it's as simple as changing a number from 20 to 35 for how soon the next things show up in the dynamic menu of choices on the device, then I think it would be nice. I personally don't do every one in succession, I usually like to take a break between bosses, which means I'm closer to doing every other one.

And it's not about 'finding' what's next, I use the wiki as well to see what's coming, and most of the one's I do, I know when they happen after reset and in the morning. It's just about getting the free ride part of the convenience of the device. Not even so much about the cost to travel, but a) getting their early enough for ones it's nice to get in early for and, b) being able to come in to places without having to hike if it's contested.

But again, if it's a number to flip, it would be nice. Though, I'm tempted to refrain from posting ideas.

> @"Blude.6812" said:

> Just use one of the many many many online event timers. No need at all to purchase this item.

Yep I agree never saw the appeal of it.

If, as the OP says, he/she already uses other sources to know the event time, location etc... why use a portal device at all let alone request a change just to get to map 35 mins early which is what the other sources already do ... I use gw2toolkit and I get like 30minute alarms for that... all I got to do is wp there... or is that the issue, if so that's a real gem of a purchase, well worth the price:)

Got it awhile ago when it was on sale and it is very useful when on a character who has not map completed. I also got some character slots when on sale, so while I do have 4 characters with map complete, that still leaves more who do not. I do wish there were more bosses on it, such as the Orr ones.

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > It would be nice if the WB Portal Device also let you go to bosses that are 35 min out.

> Why? Isn't part of the point so you can port at the last minute?

> For the plebes like me that don't own the portal device, the additional notice is helpful. (Although frankly, I find it more useful to use `/wiki et` or TaCO etc.)

>

> I'm not against a change; I just don't understand why you think it's worth ANet's time to implement.

arriving at the last minute would probably put you into a mostly deserted instance after all the others are filled, on the other hand I doubt anything requires arriving more than 15 minutes ahead these days ...