Boss Rush: Thoughts, Issues..

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Evon Skyfyre.9673" said:

> I think this thread has run it's course and will go off the rails, would a moderator please close it?

Use the "report" feature on the originated post of the thread, selecting "other" as the category. Then explain the issue (as you see it) and request the thread be locked or hidden. That's how the mods have explained how to handle such a request in the past.

In particular, they won't necessarily notice your request in the middle of a thread.

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > @"Evon Skyfyre.9673" said:

> > I think this thread has run it's course and will go off the rails, would a moderator please close it?

>

> Use the "report" feature on the originated post of the thread, selecting "other" as the category. Then explain the issue (as you see it) and request the thread be locked or hidden. That's how the mods have explained how to handle such a request in the past.

>

> In particular, they won't necessarily notice your request in the middle of a thread.

I did that.. twice :)

> @sobx.1758 I think you missed some of the conversation earlier in this thread..

Like what exactly? Because what you quoted (in some confusing format btw) obviously wasn't what I missed as I was literally answering to that post with quotation included.

> @"Sobx.1758" said:

> > @"kharmin.7683" said:

> > > @"Sobx.1758" said:

> >

> > > It's baffling how some people would rather feel "oh so offended" than use a mute function that exists in the game.

> >

> > It's baffling how some people feel the need to converse about such topics in the first place, IMO. But, yeah, block, report and move on.

>

> Is it? I'm not the one to spam the chat with that kitten, but why would I care what people have fun talking about in a game where I can easly ignore them?

> That said, "racial slurs" easly reportable. Not that I think it does anything.

Maybe because Anet says its not acceptable, i dont think thats the image they are trying to promote. I dont care what people do in private, but doing this in public is pure troll and meant to offend and shock. I think the devs should come to these events under cover they can see whats going on themselves in their game.

I really liked the boss rush it allowed me to get things i didnt have. For newer players its a great deal, we dont have all the stuff you old timers have, and esp with the skyscale its a great way to pick up the currency needed.

> @"Josiah.2967" said:

> My biggest takeaway on the boss rush event is the games poor optimization.

> I go from 120+ frames to 20-25 frames in the world boss zerg. That's even with lowest character count.

Meh, you're not missing anything during these events with a low frame-rate.

> As I progress through each battle it's been fun going to areas I had forgotten about or simply outgrew. I have had a few nice exotics drop that increased my gold, and that was much appreciated. One issue is with the Golem MKII Battle. If you die, you can be sure you will not be res'd since you are in a field on the floor that insta kills. Ok, nothing new. But wp'ing to revive and run back can bring you to another instance of that area, and either the battle is over or has not started, and you will lose any rewards you had coming, especially the special boxes. I for one will avoid it in the future because it's just too annoying if you have this happen. Not sure how or if this can be "fixed". Just wanted to give others a heads up.

>

>

WP'ing should **never** change your instance, ever.

If such is the case, report the bug.

If it happens again, file a ticket for a broken game component.

Important in that case is to have some evidence of reproducability.

As for your original claim, the reason you're not being ressed is partially because of the electric floor, but also when you're safe.

Any boss whose WP is within 10 seconds running distance will never see people reviving each other.